1. Power Leveling

Recently I've seen people get banned for "power leveling." I wanted to clarify what method of power leveling these people are getting banned for.

Are they being banned because they paid for a power leveling service? Or are they simply running through dungeons with a higher level friend to gain XP faster?

The latter really doesn't make sense. I'd like to verify why these people are being banned before I run my friends through dungeons. Thank you.

2. So if a level 52 and lvl 20 happen to be in hellfire peninsula is that enough to justify a ban?

I don't have screenshots of them actively cheating (though I later saw a druid lvl 80 randomly killing mobs for half an hour, suspecting a rogue was around, but can't confirm), but them being there at such a level is it enough as proof?

3. So if a level 52 and lvl 20 happen to be in hellfire peninsula is that enough to justify a ban?

I don't have screenshots of them actively cheating (though I later saw a druid lvl 80 randomly killing mobs for half an hour, suspecting a rogue was around, but can't confirm), but them being there at such a level is it enough as proof?
    no, you need actual proof of them cheating. you can't just say "oh hey, this guys standing there and he shouldn't be, ban him."

4. no, you need actual proof of them cheating. you can't just say "oh hey, this guys standing there and he shouldn't be, ban him."
    yeh I suspected as much, but I thought you needed lvl 58 to even enter hellfire peninsula, guess I must be imagining things.

Although I'm sure he ended up cheating, no proof I guess... too bad. (no reason for level 20, lvl 52 from same guild to be around prancing for sure)

5. yeh I suspected as much, but I thought you needed lvl 58 to even enter hellfire peninsula, guess I must be imagining things.
    Long time ago on retail I lock ported a level 1 of mine to the pvp coliseum in the Hellfire Peninsula just to see if I could do it. I could.

6. mobtagging skull mobs
    Aren't mobs at skull level supposed to give zero experience?

7. seems you need to be caught in the act by a GM or something.

need only look at Icecrown.

8. Aren't mobs at skull level supposed to give zero experience?
    I don't think they're supposed to give zero experience, but not enough for it to be worth it. No idea how the experience works here.

9. as far as i'm aware it's bugged.

hence why there's so many people power lvling their sub lvl 70 characters in icecrown at the moment.

10. yeh I suspected as much, but I thought you needed lvl 58 to even enter hellfire peninsula, guess I must be imagining things.

Although I'm sure he ended up cheating, no proof I guess... too bad. (no reason for level 20, lvl 52 from same guild to be around prancing for sure)

actually a lvl 52 could go to ouland for the professions so it could be a reason

11. Very simple - 3 guys in a party, one is leader and other two guys are the 80y and the powerleveler(low lvl). Once those two (powerleveler and 80y) go in dungeon, the low level (powerleveler) mobtags the elites (skullmob), then both leave party - high level kills it and low lvl player gets alot of exp, i mean ALOT!:D
    You need 3 players to do this, if you try with 2 players hence the powerleveler and 80y, you will be kicked out of dungeon in a 1min to graveyard. So you get the 3rd guy who ''keeps'' the group and reinvites you when you leave group to kill elites (skullmobs). Basicly from fresh level 1 to level 50ish you can get in 8+hours if you know your stuff well AND THAT IS BANNABLE. Just inspect some fresh level 80ies around, you will see that their total quests done arent even 400, but mobs killed 40k plus, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT ARE DOING THIS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

12. Very simple - 3 guys in a party, one is leader and other two guys are the 80y and the powerleveler(low lvl). Once those two (powerleveler and 80y) go in dungeon, the low level (powerleveler) mobtags the elites (skullmob), then both leave party - high level kills it and low lvl player gets alot of exp, i mean ALOT!:D
    You need 3 players to do this, if you try with 2 players hence the powerleveler and 80y, you will be kicked out of dungeon in a 1min to graveyard. So you get the 3rd guy who ''keeps'' the group and reinvites you when you leave group to kill elites (skullmobs). Basicly from fresh level 1 to level 50ish you can get in 8+hours if you know your stuff well AND THAT IS BANNABLE. Just inspect some fresh level 80ies around, you will see that their total quests done arent even 400, but mobs killed 40k plus, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT ARE DOING THIS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT.
    I`d like to know what the staff thinks about this.

13. if you set it up alright, you can get level 80y in 1,8 - 2 day playtime which is nothing :D Its bannable but as you see it still happens and will be happening, now 10 or even 15 % of current levelers are powerleveling, its just that no1 talks about it ;)

14. Can a restriction be added to dungeons so a levels less than 2-3 levels below the minimum required can not enter the dungeon or be summoned inside

12 Last