1. Why would you do dungeons while leveling

There's no reason to do it. Experience is crappy, gear is harder to get in a dungeon(with my luck). there is simply no reason to do dungeons.

2. Some people enjoy following the story, learning the lore, getting achievements.
    You know, playing the game.

3. ^ that and the fact that you can pick up around 5 quests for a dungeon and also research the loot table beforehand and see which dungeons have the most gear for you.

Leveling my hunter I pretty much skip most dungeons except dungeons like maraudon that drop tons of gear and a gun, as well as 7 quests or so that you can easily find with the Atlas quest addon.

/thread

4. Some people enjoy following the story, learning the lore, getting achievements.
    feels everywhere around
    I love doing the dungeons just to interact with the community.

5. In short, the goal isn't always 0 to 80 in as short a time as possible.

6. In short, the goal isn't always 0 to 80 in as short a time as possible.
    Lets face the truth: it is the goal for the large majority of the players and those who level slow and do random stuff are usually sneered at.

@topic: if you want to level fast, you should avoid most dungeon-activity as long as there is no dungeonbrowser

7. Some people enjoy following the story, learning the lore, getting achievements.
    faster to hit 80 and then solo the dungeons for the achi's. 1x rates are slow enough as it is, no need making it slower by trying to find a group. imo it's not at least.

8. Because for the ones that have multiple quests the experience is actually good (barring people being afk or a bad group), the items eases the questing done afterwards, and it's a break from just questing non-stop.

9. faster to hit 80 and then solo the dungeons for the achi's. 1x rates are slow enough as it is, no need making it slower by trying to find a group. imo it's not at least.
    Yeah, and what's the point of doing them then? Just for achievements? No, thanks.

My warrior is currently 49lvl, I don't actively try to do dungeons, but instead I collect dungeon quests first and watch the global channel. A dungeon of my level with 3-4 quests in it is easily one level-up.

And of course it's fun: 2 days ago I did a full run of Sunken Temple - something I haven't done in years. We did the serpent statues to summon the troll berserker at the lowest level, we cleared the troll ghosts at the upper circle and killed Jammal'an, then we also summoned the avatar of Hakkar, and finally we killed all four emerald drakes, finishing up with Eranikus. At first when we found out we had to clear the whole dungeon we were a little frustrated, but at the end all of us were satisfied and saying how much fun it was.

The reasons I do dungeons are the multiple quests I can get beforehand, which award huge XP and great items, the lore of the dungeon, the feeling it brings doing it with a group and killing its bosses, and the items it drops. At 49lvl I've done ZF 4 times already and I've completed every single quest there is for that dungeon and collected Sul'thraze. As soon as I reach 50 today, I'll get my class quest for Sunken Temple and re-do it one more time, but this time with all the available quests.

People very often forget to actually play the game and instead just think about leveling up faster, and that's not what Warcraft is about. If you think so and you just want to reach max level faster, then you should just switch to the other realms. Endgame is not the goal of the game, endgame is not where the actual game begins. If you think otherwise, then you've missed half of the game. I've leveled dozens of characters in my +11 years of WoW experience and I'll never get enough to level another one. I find leveling to be more engaging and adventurous than simply sitting in Dalaran, waiting for a group, or flying around grinding mats & daily quests, haha!

10. Dungeons for me are a break in the boring quest grind, an opportunity to get a load of exp and gear + meet some people.

And like the guy above me said, its more about the journey then the destination.
    Edited: February 24, 2016

11. Yeah, and what's the point of doing them then? Just for achievements? No, thanks.

My warrior is currently 49lvl, I don't actively try to do dungeons, but instead I collect dungeon quests first and watch the global channel. A dungeon of my level with 3-4 quests in it is easily one level-up.

And of course it's fun: 2 days ago I did a full run of Sunken Temple - something I haven't done in years. We did the serpent statues to summon the troll berserker at the lowest level, we cleared the troll ghosts at the upper circle and killed Jammal'an, then we also summoned the avatar of Hakkar, and finally we killed all four emerald drakes, finishing up with Eranikus. At first when we found out we had to clear the whole dungeon we were a little frustrated, but at the end all of us were satisfied and saying how much fun it was.

The reasons I do dungeons are the multiple quests I can get beforehand, which award huge XP and great items, the lore of the dungeon, the feeling it brings doing it with a group and killing its bosses, and the items it drops. At 49lvl I've done ZF 4 times already and I've completed every single quest there is for that dungeon and collected Sul'thraze. As soon as I reach 50 today, I'll get my class quest for Sunken Temple and re-do it one more time, but this time with all the available quests.

People very often forget to actually play the game and instead just think about leveling up faster, and that's not what Warcraft is about. If you think so and you just want to reach max level faster, then you should just switch to the other realms. Endgame is not the goal of the game, endgame is not where the actual game begins. If you think otherwise, then you've missed half of the game. I've leveled dozens of characters in my +11 years of WoW experience and I'll never get enough to level another one. I find leveling to be more engaging and adventurous than simply sitting in Dalaran, waiting for a group, or flying around grinding mats & daily quests, haha!
    to me low level dungeons are slow and boring. that gets compounded by the fact that there's no rdf. and is the reason why i got to lvl 44, and quit. i'd rather hit 80 and walk through the low level crap strictly for achievements, the lore/story means nothing. i only tried lord because of its core, can't wait for the other realms to get it.

12. If you're part of the gogogogogogo crowd, then obviously there isn't much reason to do them. But the game wasn't designed around the gogogogogogo crowd that dominates a sizable portion of the game's community nowadays; especially on private servers. If you don't want to do them, then don't do them.

13. If you're part of the gogogogogogo crowd, then obviously there isn't much reason to do them. But the game wasn't designed around the gogogogogogo crowd that dominates a sizable portion of the game's community nowadays; especially on private servers. If you don't want to do them, then don't do them.
    Yeah, the game wasn't designed with a disabled rdf too, when that feature was implemented in game. You don't have the luxury of using this card, amigo.
    Edited: February 24, 2016

14. Yeah, the game wasn't designed with a disabled rdf too, when that feature was implemented in game. You don't have the luxury of using this card, amigo.
    Yes, she does. RDF was released at ToC. We're a long way 'till we get there. And even if we do, she can always resort to the luxury of using the "hardcore realm" card, amigo.

@Skuddy - I understand you and I have a lot of friends who feel the same way. That doesn't mean I agree with them. In that case then Lordaeron is simply not your cup of tea.

15. Yeah, the game wasn't designed with a disabled rdf too, when that feature was implemented in game. You don't have the luxury of using this card, amigo.
    huh
    The dungeon design existed in the game at launch. Your precious dungeon finder was added 5-6 years later.

123 Last