1. Gemming on Lordaeron - Destruction PvP

Iv'e read the guides posted and most seem to be for later game / patches. I'm a bit confused on what to gem, especially considering i'm a JC.

Is the 125 spell pen really important? My spells do seem to miss quite often, and i'm gemmed specifically up to ~100 spell pen already. But i feel like i'm sacrificing a lot of haste for the pen.

So my question is, should i push for the 125 spell pen first, and the rest haste, or just ignore pen and go full haste / sp?

Thank you!

2. As a destruction warlock you use almost only fire spells, wich means that only classes wich has fire resistance can reduce your damage, for example: if you meet a paladin and they use fire resistance then yes you should go for the 125 if not even 130 spell pen (since they have 130 resistance) but then again, its a waste of spell power if you meet any other class wich dosent have fire resistance or even has much less fire reistance, like for example the druids mark.

if you aim for arenas then yes, if you wanna kill a hpala you need it.

3. First, cap is 130 spell penetration. Also, lack of penetration makes your spells resist. If you miss, you are either not hit capped, or you get unlucky against someone who has hit chance reduction talents. As a destruction you use CoE most of the time, which makes you perfectly fine to run with 75 spell penetration and swap spell pene offhand/wand if there is a mage against you. But again, you probably donĀ“t have multipled gear to do that, so my advice is to go for 130 sp to be safe. As for gemming, once you reach your desired pene and hit cap, i strongly recommend going for resilience as much as possible this season.