1. Leveling as rogue - Lordaeron

Hey, I could not find any newer threads about this. What is the best leveling spec as rogue? I am currently assas (level 66), and it feels okay. But it's kinda boring so I was wondering if there is a better option? I have seen alot of players play as sub, but why is that? Is it because of the pvp aspect from it? I just want to know which spec kills mobs the fastest, and is thus: The best. Please tell and also leave some info about why.

2. The best leveling spec is Combat - you dodge and parry more, you focus on increasing the main part of your damage - melee - and you get Blade Flurry and Unfair Advantage, allowing you to deal with a lot of mobs at the same time. Neither Assa nor Sub can do that, so this makes Combat a lot faster in leveling. And if you end up having to PvP, Killing Spree always surprises them and gets you a kill.

People mostly roll Assa because of Cold Blood, which is just huge on low level - a guaranteed crit on Eviscerate or Ambush makes it a lot easier for low-lvl PvP. Sub doesn't have that, but it has Improved Ambush and a lot more stealth utility. So yeah, players who roll Assa or Sub are mainly focused on PvP.

3. Sub is also very good for leveling if you can afford good daggers. With good daggers your ambush crit will nearly one-shoot a mob at your level, with proper talents your ambush will crit a lot and you dont have to worry much about sustained, but sustained is not that terrible either, glyphed ghostly strike hits for a lot and gives survive ability boost, and hemo is not that bad also.

About AoE - sub doesnt have AoE skill besides fan of knives (obtainable only at very late levels and it sucks for Sub anyway), but during leveling process you should not pick up more than 2 mobs...ever. If possible the best way to pick up mob is one by one (Rogues are not for example prot warrior - revenge hits 2 targets very hard and it is effective to pick up 2 mobs because prot is durable and you will not have to eat after every pack). As a rogue you can pick up a group use blade flurry/killing spree but at the end you will have low health if your evasion was on cd and you will spend more time eating, while sub can can pick up and nearly one shoot one mob at a time and take only few hits from a single mob.

Assa is not that great, however first 3 talent tiers have great synergy, and it is viable to pick up them even if you are planing to go deep combat or sub. Remorseless attacks (1st tier assa talent) is a must for Ambush rogue (it is great talent for leveling even as a combat). Also sub stealth is a lot better than standard, making some hard quests easier.

Once you get killing spree as combat it is actually on par with sub in PvP.

These 2 specs are definitely viable in both pve and pvp.