1. advantage of zero absorb, kek? (since not a single buff in this game provides heal)
    Yeah it absorbs zero. But don't forget that it makes it easier to apply "bubbles" to everyone since you got the proc out of a single buff. I'm not sure for how long that same proc lasts but still...

Let's say that you Battle ress someone mid fight and while you're rebuffing him (ex: throwing him a GBOK) you get the proc. It didn't cost you any cast time and you got a proc for free. That's actually helpful (sometimes).

2. No sir. I've seen several procs of Valanyr going out from GBOK/GBOW/GBOM, for example.
    :D
    Sarcasm aside, the buff that enables your heals to turn into shields is proced by pretty much all buffing (I believe). Druids pretty much always use that to their advantage and mass MotW pre-pull.
    Interestingly enough, Sacred Shield procs it. (It's supposed to.) Proccing the buff, I mean. Not a bubble.

Took this from wowhead comments;

I have this on my paladin, so here are some notes:

- Casting sacred shield will cause the proc to go off (making your heals start to absorb). Not sure if the proc from sacred shield can proc the mace.
    - The healing over time from your flash of light adds to the mace's shield on the target when your mace is proc'd.
    - Heals on yourself from your JoL cause the shield on you, but not on anyone else. Still unsure if the healing from JoL can trigger the mace proc.
    - Healing caused by trinkets do not trigger the shield effect, pretty sure they also do not cause the mace proc (tested using Living Ice Crystals).
    - Healing from your Glyph of Holy Light triggers the shield (which makes your raid look really cool ^_^ )
    - You do not have to cast an effective heal in order to proc the mace (healing a target at 100% will proc the mace)

Let me know if I missed anything to test.
    I have the mace on retail, but unfortunately, I didn't have it during Wrath.
    @ #1 - Naturally it shouldn't proc the absorbs, since no other absorbs do.
    @ #3 - If JoL healing on the raid could proc the absorbs, that'd be kinda OP. It's likely that healing can proc the buff, though.
    @ #4 - I found that interesting, didn't know that.
    @ #6 - It's important to distinguish what can proc the buff, and what can proc the absorbs. Overhealing can proc the buff, apparently. But overhealing cannot proc the absorbs.
    Edited: March 14, 2016 Reason: Clarity.

3. Interestingly enough, Sacred Shield procs it. (It's supposed to.) Proccing the buff, I mean. Not a bubble.

@ #1 - Naturally it shouldn't proc the shield, since no other absorbs do.
    @ #3 - If JoL healing on the raid could proc the shields, that'd be kinda OP. It's likely that healing can proc the buff, though.
    @ #6 - It's important to distinguish what can proc the buff, and what can proc the absorbs. Overhealing can proc the buff, apparently. But overhealing cannot proc the absorbs.
    At the moment Valanyr is extremely buggy for Paladins in specific.

I've seen Tink using Valanyr in LoD and I've seen that when he casts GBOK / GBOM / GBOW he gets the proc that he needs for something near 1/3 of the mana he would need to cast a Holy Light, for example. With this said - It has happened (seen it) that in an attempt one of our DPS'ers died and we battle ressed him. When he buffed the dps'er with Kings, he got the Valanyr proc without in a trade off less mana.

Greater Blessing of Kings: 474 mana.
    Holy Light: 1102 mana.

So he's getting a mana benefit of 628 - In long terms, that can be a good chunk of mana refill. This is one of the main reasons why he has been avoiding Valanyr lately since this happens. I'm not 100% sure if this should happen but... Proccing a buff like that it's op.

4. At the moment Valanyr is extremely buggy for Paladins in specific.
    Yeah I know. I have one on my holydin. Don't worry. <3
    As I said, Sacred Shield can proc the buff as well (and it should). It also costs virtually no mana.

5. Yeah I know. I have one on my holydin. Don't worry. <3
    As I said, Sacred Shield can proc the buff as well (and it should). It also costs virtually no mana.
    I'm feeling that I'm the only one without a Valanyr. *sadpanda*
    I wasn't aware that Sacred Shield could proc it as well. I did see the Judgement one happening though (Tink being my test ***** again :p).

6. Sacred Shield procing it is something I didn't know before. Pretty cool considering we have it up 24/7.

@magaginho
    I don't have it either. I'll always be accepting gracious donations for my eventual anyr though.

7. @magaginho
    I don't have it either. I'll always be accepting gracious donations for my eventual anyr though.
    We should open a help fund for this. I really don't want to spend money on that Valanyr. LOL!

8. I already have a DMS (bulgarian online charity fund). For anyone interested DMS 1777 for a brand new anyr.

9. while interaction with glyph of holy light is broken its still almost useless

Interestingly enough, Sacred Shield procs it. (It's supposed to.) Proccing the buff, I mean. Not a bubble.

@ #1 - Naturally it shouldn't proc the absorbs, since no other absorbs do.
    @ #3 - If JoL healing on the raid could proc the absorbs, that'd be kinda OP. It's likely that healing can proc the buff, though.
    those wowhead comments only bring more frustration to this, since even bluepost havent cleared anything there

10. while interaction with glyph of holy light is broken its still almost useless
    No its not.

those wowhead comments only bring more frustration to this, since even bluepost havent cleared anything there
    huh?

11. No its not.

huh?
    Blue post: Val'anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings | 2009-05-04 17:20 | Bornakk
    Spoiler: Show
    We have received many questions about how the proc works on Val’anyr, the Hammer of the Ancient Kings. While we originally intended for this effect to be a mystery, we realize that guilds now know what the tooltip on the proc says without necessarily knowing the details on how it works. This leads to situations where a healer may not know if assembling the hammer is worth it for them (hint: it is), and perhaps even worse, a misinformed leader may not think you deserve the hammer (hint: you do).
    Players also wonder if the proc makes the item deserving of its legendary status given that the stat allocation is normal for items of its item level (Hint: it does).

The effect reads “Your healing spells have a chance to cause Blessing of Ancient Kings for 15 seconds allowing your heals to shield the target absorbing damage equal to 15% of the amount healed.”

The way this works is that when the proc happens (which is a 10% chance whenever a hot or direct spell heals, with a 45 sec internal cooldown) you gain a buff (the Blessing) on yourself. Now all of your heals for the next 15 sec cause an 8 sec damage shield. The shield stacks with itself. It includes healing done by subsequent ticks of existing hots on the target. Note that the spell has to actually heal, so hots ticking on a fully-healed target cannot cause the proc. However the shield is based on the size of the heal itself, not the amount healed – i.e. 100% overhealing will not proc the Blessing on the healer, but the shield itself includes overhealing once the Blessing is active. The shield can grow to a maximum size of 20,000 damage absorbed.

Example 1: A paladin casts Holy Light for 10K on the tank, which partially heals her. The Blessing procs, so the paladin’s Holy Light immediately causes a shield on the tank which will now absorb 1500 damage. The tank dodges the next two hits, so no damage is absorbed. The paladin then casts another heal for 8K, but only heals the tank for 600 before she is at full health. The shield is now at 2700 damage absorbed (1500 + 1200) for 8 sec.

Example 2: A druid casts Rejuv on the tank, healing her. The Blessing procs on the druid on the second tick. A shield is applied to the tank which absorbs 15% of the amount healed by that tick and each remaining tick of the Rejuv. If the druid also gets Lifebloom and Regrowth on the tank while the Blessing is up, then those ticks also contribute to the shield. If the shield goes down because the 8 sec duration expires or it absorbs that much damage, it can go up again as long as the Blessing lasts, which is 15 sec.

Blue post: Val’anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings | 2009-05-04 18:07 | Ghostcrawler
    Spoiler: Show
    To answer some questions:
    If you are lucky enough to have two hammers in your group, then they will both contribute to the same bubble.
    It should work as you would expect with PW:Shield and similar effects. Specifically, the damage should work through one shield and then the other. I don't know off the top of my head which one is used first. Sometimes we have edge cases with multiple absorbs like this that we will need to solve as they arise. (To be clear, PW:Shield will not proc the blessing or the bubble though, because it does not heal.)
    If you have the blessing (i.e. you caused healing and the proc occured) then overhealing will count towards the bubble. Hots that tick on a target will still contribute to the bubble. You can also choose to switch to a direct heal if you don't have enough GCDs available to get all of your hots up before the blessing fades. The confusing part here is that hots that don't heal won't cause the blessing (we didn't want you fishing for the bubble before a pull by constantly healing the tank, though I suppose you could if your tank was injured). But once the blessing is active, then all of your healing spells will contribute to the bubble even if they do no actual healing.
    We'll leave it to you guys to theorycraft out if you think the hammer is marginally better for one class than another. Some players were speculating before this announcement that the bubble only applied to one spell, which would definitely favor Holy Light. We implemented it the way we did to make sure the other healing classes could still get juicy bubbles while the blessing was active (which is 15 sec).

so they both mentioned that nothing except heal can proc the mace.
    but at the same time (comment that u quoted from wowhead) someone claims that casting sacred shield procs the mace

so, who is right?

12. Greater Blessing of Kings: 474 mana.
    Holy Light: 1102 mana.

So he's getting a mana benefit of 628 - In long terms, that can be a good chunk of mana refill. This is one of the main reasons why he has been avoiding Valanyr lately since this happens. I'm not 100% sure if this should happen but... Proccing a buff like that it's op.
    It's still the cost of one GCD. And a good HPala doesn't have mana issues, so this is completely neglectable.

Overall the mace is negatively bugged and I assume every HPala would instantly do the trade off blessings vs. beacons/HoLglyph.

13. so they both mentioned that nothing except heal can proc the mace.
    but at the same time (comment that u quoted from wowhead) someone claims that casting sacred shield procs the mace

so, who is right?
    Blue posts have both been known to be unclear, and to be incorrect. I'd also expect that if a player reported their experience with the weapon incorrectly, or lied about it, they would not have +25 points on the post.

Besides, do you have your own with which to test it? Probably not, because then you wouldn't be posting this nonsense.

http://imgur.com/7vfQGBu

14. Blue posts have both been known to be unclear, and to be incorrect. I'd also expect that if a player reported their experience with the weapon incorrectly, or lied about it, they would not have +25 points on the post.

Besides, do you have your own with which to test it? Probably not, because then you wouldn't be posting this nonsense.

http://imgur.com/7vfQGBu
    my gm had it pre-wipe, who was holy paladin, so we did some testings - it proced from everything without icd at the same time didnt worked on glyph of the holy light
    and one of our druids had it - u dont even realise hiw ****ed that mace was pre-wipe on druids - bis druid was on par with dc priest via absorbs done, can u even imagine it? (main problem was that each hot tick gived absorb of full spell so druid just had 20k absorb on target each time mace proced)
    however after wipe noone of them wasted coins on this mace.

15. And those people's experiences and preferences are relevant how, exactly?

First 123 Last