1. PvP Guilds/Ragnaros related stuff

Hello there Ragnaros,

I haven't been playing on this realm since early summer 2015, and since the merge is pretty close I would appreciate if someone would answer my questions - who's actively playing PvP on Ragnaros and who doesn't mind spending few minutes on a random person at forum.

1. Are there >many< PvP guilds on Ragnaros that are active - doing premades etc?
    1.5. Could you can name them for both [A] and [H]?

2. How's the win/loss ratio in general - basically, at the time you're playing (use ST for easier interpretation) - who's winning more?
    2.5. Which faction has generally more premades and active PvP players?

3. How is Ragnaros in general, both PvP and PvE community/guilds?

Thanks in advance!

2. I don't BG much these days either, maybe just 5 or 6 in a day but I don't think there are really any big PvP guilds atm, horde side guilds that do premades would be PROTEUS, Illuminati (?) and I Rival I, and Alliance VIRTUS, are all that come to my mind atm. Horde still loses all the time, so nothing has changed in the time you were away :D. It's generally 30%-ish win ratio for me, I play at random times though sometimes as late as 10 am ST and sometimes 10pm ST. And I find that sometimes horde PMs lose to better organized alliance PUGs too. I think Rival does it best at horde side though and judging from videos on forums, VIRTUS seems to have a lot of fun haha. Community.. ah well.. lots of exploits, lots of exploiters, lots of guild hates haha, its a dramatic environment :D

3. I don't BG much these days either, maybe just 5 or 6 in a day but I don't think there are really any big PvP guilds atm, horde side guilds that do premades would be PROTEUS, Illuminati (?) and I Rival I, and Alliance VIRTUS, are all that come to my mind atm. Horde still loses all the time, so nothing has changed in the time you were away :D. It's generally 30%-ish win ratio for me, I play at random times though sometimes as late as 10 am ST and sometimes 10pm ST. And I find that sometimes horde PMs lose to better organized alliance PUGs too. I think Rival does it best at horde side though and judging from videos on forums, VIRTUS seems to have a lot of fun haha. Community.. ah well.. lots of exploits, lots of exploiters, lots of guild hates haha, its a dramatic environment :D
    As of lately I've been winning quite a few BGs on horde, maybe alliance started doing arenas more, idk.

4. Thanks for asnwers.

Well, hopefully, PvP will become better after the merge with more people and hopefully more competition!
    Honestly, the way realms are right now, it's getting quite boring...

5. There is definitely a stronger emphasis on arenas on Alliance side. Horde have this huge advantage since they are easily able to queue with very large premades (10-15, sometimes more) with short queue times. Alliance are at the opposite end of the spectrum whereby queueing 5 people can sometimes mean waiting an hour (I'm not exaggerating).

For this reason I've decided to do different things with my guild. 3v3 Skirmishes, diverse weekly events, etc. I'm even looking into doing monthly 2v2 and perhaps quarterly 3v3 tournament, so there's definitely a needed, greater emphasis on arenas.

To assess the Horde guilds in an objective manner (while admittedly not so easy) they have this advantage with their faction that I already mentioned. Since you didn't ask anything about arenas and only asked about premades it's clear that you do not have any interest in anything apart from BGs and for that reason I'd highly recommend going Horde.

If other aspects of PvP are of any interest to you then I recommend looking elsewhere.
    I'm constantly reminded by friends on Horde that finding an arena partner is really really hard. I've also recently not seen any guild-organized Stormwind raids and I don't expect that to change any time soon so world PvP on Horde side is pretty much non existent (not that it's exactly alive on Ragnaros at all given how guards do stupid damage).

6. Is anyone from the old tears around still, excluding u? Really wish the merge will solve the whole "choose a side based on que time" thing, but I'm skeptical.

P.S Who's dick do I have to suck around here to get such forum title.
    Edited: March 3, 2016

7. You go with the flow..akka wheres faster que :)

8. Is anyone from the old tears around still, excluding u? Really wish the merge will solve the whole "choose a side based on que time" thing, but I'm skeptical.
    A lot of people stopped but from the officers and leaders Bauscha still plays and has a lot of toons. Most of them are on alliance but his druid and some characters are still horde (mostly duplicate characters, he has 2 priests, locks, etc). Nesiha also plays, he's my guild's co-leader. Kirler also plays, so does Roffellar, Mambo, Zozinka, Santeorix... there are a few more but not that I can immediately think of. Most of them are on alliance, though. Check out VIRTUS on alliance and scroll through the list of members. You might find some more that you remember.

P.S Who's dick do I have to suck around here to get such forum title.
    None. It's actually a moderator role. I have mod powers on the Italian specific forum.

You go with the flow..akka wheres faster que :)
    That's a good philosophy!
    Edited: March 4, 2016

9. Mhm it is like russian roulette...2/3 times u gona get gamon gankers so better hope u in 5 man.

10. i will comment on this as a horde solo Qer . you ll be needing hella lot of patience . if you re lucky enough you ll join with a premade , cause on alliance its always a premade and random horde can be so stupid. 1) there are a couple pvp guilds on each side both doing premades , mostly premades actually cause i rarely see them joinning solo .
    2) cause im available 24/7 the last couple months i play on different times. as a total result (always talking as s solo Qer , alliance gets to win way more than horde but as i said it always depends whethere there is a premade or not.
    3)i will not advice on that since i dont know anyone on the server

11. I havent done premade BG since the moltdown, always solo/sometimes duo queue (i'm alliance) and on 6 of my toons my win/loss ratio is around 65-70%. So I guess ally is the way to go (if you dont mind ridiculous queue times)

12. Mhm it is like russian roulette...2/3 times u gona get gamon gankers so better hope u in 5 man.
    This! But thankfully I was in a 10 man for 8 hours.