1. Ignite damage capped?

So I haven't played in some time, and now that I've come back people are saying ignite damage is capped for some reason, and as far as I can notice, it is.
    Even in WoE with crit buff, stacked ignite doesn't exceed over 30K, which is quite low, my burst in raids doesn't go over 45k with bis gear.

Is this all true, what tha hell happened and why? There was an exploit with fire mage but it was due to mastery scaling too hard, not with ignite.
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the way it's supposed to be, 4.3.4 fire mage should be top dps in raids, not last ffs.

2. I'm no expert in fire mage or ignite, but the issue was that ignite's damage kept stacking if you kept critting, which is properly not supposed to happen...
    it should only take 2 crits in a row for the damage and ignore any extra or something such
    basically ignite used to keep stacking forever if you had 100% crit, now it doesn't... have heard complaints that the damage is now "too low" compared to blizz-cata but I can't either confirm or deny that as I don't know exactly how ignite is supposed to stack and scale,
    have read in a comment on wowhead that ignite capped ticks at some % hp but not sure if that was speculation or an actual hard cap

3. Hard capped no, but there is a cap which is determined by your spell power, haste and crit.

4. i cant get more than 25k-26k dps on 3m with my 399ilvl ! i cant get more than 20 k ignite

5. How is this working as intended? :/ I mean there's no way a 410 ilvl mage can only pull off 10-12k combust tick unbuffed maximum. I know you guys are trynna fix the stacking problem but I really doubt this is the way to do it, or you just went too far!

6. will we see an improvement for fire spec soon or later ?

7. will we see an improvement for fire spec soon or later ?
    As long as the dev and staffs believe that "It's working as intended" then I doubt it will change any time soon. Or at least till they figure out a definite fix for the bugs that ignite stacking was affecting (solo 1 shot boss in FL and DS). Since this WAS the intention of the Dev to begin with.

8. Hard capped no, but there is a cap which is determined by your spell power, haste and crit.
    Please ignite damage is capped at 20k, no matter what you do u dont get higher dmg , gamebreaking for fire mages

9. As long as the dev and staffs believe that "It's working as intended" then I doubt it will change any time soon. Or at least till they figure out a definite fix for the bugs that ignite stacking was affecting (solo 1 shot boss in FL and DS). Since this WAS the intention of the Dev to begin with.
    There is no reason to believe otherwise, no one proved, or even tried to for that matter, otherwise.
    I would like to see someone actually explaining/showing (so everyone can see) how it should work vs how it works.
    I like constructive reports.
    Edited: April 1, 2016

10. There is no reason to believe otherwise, no one proved, or even tried to for that matter, otherwise.
    I would like to see someone actually explaining/showing (so everyone can see) how it should work vs how it works.
    We all know ignite should stack for every consecutive critical strike, and therefore adding up damage to the previous ignite , this damage is capped at 20-25k , you cannot stack it up higher than that, its gamebreaking if u think im lying or wrong i can link a video where mage on cata does 200k ignite on Ultraxion 25heroic without problem on live server.

PS: That's not a cool response. I mean you have played this game yourself, you know how ignite works, lets be real.

11. We all know ignite should stack for every consecutive critical strike, and therefore adding up damage to the previous ignite , this damage is capped at 20-25k , you cannot stack it up higher than that, its gamebreaking if u think im lying or wrong i can link a video where mage on cata does 200k ignite on Ultraxion 25heroic without problem on live server.

PS: That's not a cool response. I mean you have played this game yourself, you know how ignite works, lets be real.
    Yes, I do know, that's why I say I would like to get a report on the current situation.
    But I guess casting 2-3 fireballs at a dummy is too much work these days.
    If you need it, I could make a screen or two and let you do the rest.

Actually, here they are, we'll spend less time like this.
    http://i.imgur.com/Nc9awbl.png
    and one with random shooting
    http://i.imgur.com/eS5qqe6.png

I'm waiting for your results.
    Edited: April 3, 2016

12. There is no reason to believe otherwise, no one proved, or even tried to for that matter, otherwise.
    Im not saying it should stack to oblivion like it was doing, that is definitely a bug. Its just that giving the cap formula as implemented right now is in my opinion making our combust damage do much lower than it should be. Im not much of a stat wiz so I cant work with the numbers, but dropping AT MOST 13-14k combust tick (Using volcanic potion and godlike initial trinket proc luck), selfbuffed resulting to only 300k combust damage on an 407 ilvl almost maxed out mage is really not how much the class should be performing. Yes I know this is all anecdotal but really fire mage should not be doing this low.

There has been no evidence of ignite stacking infinitely. But Im sure there are many evidence stating that is should perform much better, and this implemented cap fix is an over-nerf.

13. Im not saying it should stack to oblivion like it was doing, that is definitely a bug. Its just that giving the cap formula as implemented right now is in my opinion making our combust damage do much lower than it should be. Im not much of a stat wiz so I cant work with the numbers, but dropping AT MOST 13-14k combust tick (Using volcanic potion and godlike initial trinket proc luck), selfbuffed resulting to only 300k combust damage on an 407 ilvl almost maxed out mage is really not how much the class should be performing. Yes I know this is all anecdotal but really fire mage should not be doing this low.

There has been no evidence of ignite stacking infinitely. But Im sure there are many evidence stating that is should perform much better, and this implemented cap fix is an over-nerf.
    Honestly, as I said, people just keep talking how they feel instead of actually trying to do something.
    You don't have to be stat wizard to do addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, either one of those operations. It junior school stuff.
    So don't minify yourself without even trying.

14. Honestly, as I said, people just keep talking how they feel instead of actually trying to do something.
    You don't have to be stat wizard to do addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, either one of those operations. It junior school stuff.
    So how can you explain that a 396 ilvl FMage can't pull 30k stable dps? Do you think that's working as intended?
    Seriously g3rl??

15. Honestly, as I said, people just keep talking how they feel instead of actually trying to do something.
    I didnt mean math wiz, I was actually a math major. What I meant was I am unsure how exactly the numbers are calculated and how they work specifically down to the digits. I didn't play retail and I really havent had the time to go through the number crunching and stuff. But tell me what to add, subtract, multiply, divide and Ill start doing tests also.

All Im saying is you dont need much evidence to conclude "this spec is highly under performing in pve", as the recount stats states it clearly. But exactly how much is the question, and what to base on is the difficulty for me.
    Edited: April 4, 2016

12 Last