1. PTR - ICC and Ulduar - Read this

Hello,

The PTR is currently opened for ICC and Ulduar testing.
    Before you write a report, please check and see if it was already reported.
    If a report was marked as fixed you can create a new report.
    Any additional things other than a detailed explanation of the bug are also welcome.
    Things like screenshots and videos help us a lot.

List of reports
    ICC: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/15209
    Ulduar: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/15210

Use the format which is shown in the links above, for example: "[Ulduar - Bossname] bugname".
    It helps our QA team to find the relevant bugs and our development team to fix them faster.

ICC gear is provided just outside of ICC, please do not use the gear for Ulduar testing.
    A gear restriction check will be added in the upcoming days.

2. It crashed like 5 times in the last 2 mins, is there any provlem with it?

3. ICC gear is provided just outside of ICC, please do not use the gear for Ulduar testing.
    A gear restriction check will be added in the upcoming days.
    Would it be possible to consider delaying the implementation of this restriction at least until the later fights and their hardmodes (Yogg Saron and Algalon come to mind) have been more thoroughly tested by guilds?

Being able to run through the raid in advanced gear is just immensely more conducive to bug-testing, simply because more of the content is accessible to more people. Especially Algalon, if he's gated behind the quest-chain on the PTR. Guilds that would have to schedule these PTR tests outside of their usual raiding hours would also be less set back by the lack of players who can show up for PTR tests if their gear was good enough to render that a non-issue. I know for a fact that mine would be easily able to whip up an ad hoc PTR run at odd hours if we knew the lack of players wasn't going to be an issue.

4. Would it be possible to consider delaying the implementation of this restriction at least until the later fights and their hardmodes (Yogg Saron and Algalon come to mind) have been more thoroughly tested by guilds?

Being able to run through the raid in advanced gear is just immensely more conducive to bug-testing, simply because more of the content is accessible to more people. Especially Algalon, if he's gated behind the quest-chain on the PTR. Guilds that would have to schedule these PTR tests outside of their usual raiding hours would also be less set back by the lack of players who can show up for PTR tests if their gear was good enough to render that a non-issue. I know for a fact that mine would be easily able to whip up an ad hoc PTR run at odd hours if we knew the lack of players wasn't going to be an issue.
    Yeah we can wait a little bit before applying that restriction.
    Im just afraid that people will burn down the bosses to quick and not really see the potential bugs.

5. Pretty dumb to kill Bosses completly overgeared.
    How will the Development Team fine tune damage/health when you kill the encounter with 2 tiers higher

Offtopic:
    In my opinion they should tune it that the first few bosses are only killable with T7 BiS and the following with a few Ulduar Items.
    This would basically enhance the progressive curve because then you will need to gear up in T7 Content to even think about Ulduar. To speed up the process T7 Content could be nerfed or even change Naxxramas to a 3 days ID like Zul' Aman/ZG/AQ20

Just my 2 Cents how I would love to see Lordaeron in the Future :)

6. Yeah we can wait a little bit before applying that restriction.
    Im just afraid that people will burn down the bosses to quick and not really see the potential bugs.
    Understandable. Out of curiosity, how much of Ulduar is fixed since the last PTR?

Also, I checked the gear outside Icc, and I saw you had Added Death's Choice/Death's Verdict, but you haven't added Solace of the Fallen. Could you please add to the vendors, as it is one of the best healing trinkets available in Wotlk PvE.

7. ^ This. Also, caster trinket from RS25 HC is missing, have that in consideration when and if you implement more gear. Cheers!

8. Seeing as I cannot login, is the PTR currently down for inspection or does one have to request access :)?

Best Regards,
    Me

9. Seeing as I cannot login, is the PTR currently down for inspection or does one have to request access :)?

Best Regards,
    Me
    Maybe they're doing closed testing with specific guild, that was the reason that PTR was closed in some previous occasions.

10. Maybe they're doing closed testing with specific guild, that was the reason that PTR was closed in some previous occasions.
    I thought that might be a possibility, but releasing the information publicly for everyone to see, seems almost as if it is a open one.

That's why I'm a bit confused :)

11. Maybe they're doing closed testing with specific guild, that was the reason that PTR was closed in some previous occasions.
    Now that wouldn't be the most productive public test realm now would it? If they actually wanted stuff fixed, I'm sure there are a lot of people eager to log on there and actually test the content. More people testing = more bug reports = faster fixes(?)

12. Now that wouldn't be the most productive public test realm now would it? If they actually wanted stuff fixed, I'm sure there are a lot of people eager to log on there and actually test the content. More people testing = more bug reports = faster fixes(?)
    Not taking sides here, but if there is an easy way to crash the server it would be more useful to have one guild do focused testing instead of 13 guilds accidentally finding the crash.

13. Not taking sides here, but if there is an easy way to crash the server it would be more useful to have one guild do focused testing instead of 13 guilds accidentally finding the crash.
    Then what is the point of calling it ptr and announcing it?

14. Then what is the point of calling it ptr and announcing it?
    Things don't work perfectly all the time omg :'(

15. Then what is the point of calling it ptr and announcing it?
    It isn't always closed, that's the point. You're acting like it wasn't open for few days, but instead open for 10 mins and closed right away. Right now it's open, so this this is all pretty irrelevant.

Now that wouldn't be the most productive public test realm now would it? If they actually wanted stuff fixed, I'm sure there are a lot of people eager to log on there and actually test the content. More people testing = more bug reports = faster fixes(?)
    Also you asked what's the point of one guild testing? Easy answer, they're all pro-players who know those raids inside out and co-operate with the staff to find as many bugs as possible efficiently. And that is a great way to test stuff out and that's how it's done by Blizzard on retail and pretty much all games. You think they gave out Legion testing passes to all of the millions of their subscribers? More people testing = more bug reports =/= faster fixes. More bug reports on the same thing by multiple players means more work for staff sorting it all out.

And that closing of PTR also could have been due to technical issues or by the decision of the staff for their own reasons. I'm sure they didn't close it just to piss you off.
    Edited: March 8, 2016

123 Last