1. He isn't wrong, every pug wants you to outgear ICC and have LoD in order to join, every decent guild wants you to be bis or close to it and have LoD in order to join. And every guild that doesn't can't even get thru 10n. New people are screwed due to the fact that almost everybody else is a baddie.
    Most of the pugs are overrated. They want geared people to carry the runs. What they fail to understand is, gears do not directly mean performance. Yes they will effect a bit. But not that huge. So instead of taking 5.2k gs char to ICC10N they ask 5.8k. Its called balancing act. You balance it. Happens in real life too if you haven't noticed. You can't get a hard worker to do a job for 100 bucks? Get 10 plebs to do it for 10 each. GG.

Gearing is not difficult at all once you get the rhtym of it. Hit 80 < Do ICC rep < Pos farms till 5.2ish < ToC and VoA farms till you hit 5.5-5.7 < Do ICC 10's and 25's till 6-6.1k < Get into a decent 25H raiding guild, show them your worth < Get to 6.3k < GG stay there and fix your roots or find a better guild.

Yes it is hard cause it requires investment of time. Which the "new playesr" dont want to do. They want somthing like this

Hit 80 > Spam global for pugs > No one invites > Apply to guilds > No one accepts > QQ > do few pos farms > Hit 5.2k > Make own raids and ask for 5.8k requirements > Take all loot > GG

Way of life buddy. Way of life. Everyone has problems. Very few have solutions. That is what makes the few successful. All it needs is some investment, time and brain power and active usage of it. :)

2. Its US guild, and like you said only decent one. So neither you nor them had much of a choice as US playerbase is incredibly slim
    Not sure why this matters but okay?

True, but thats the "currency" used to measure your worth to the guild.
    If that's the "currency" a guild is using to judge my worth, then it's probably a guild I never would have applied to join in the first place. Sounds like a good way to get cancer on raid nights.

3. Alright, let me teach you how to get a normal STS for free as a hunter.
    1) Get 5.9k gearscore first. This gearscore is quite easy to get if you diligently pug for 1 month and do all the dailies weeklies. If you are more diligent, earn some gold through auction house to enchant your gears and gem urself. 2nd rate gems would do till u get a BiS item or smthing close.
    2) During this meantime, go search for a guild in recruitment forum. Those with 200+ post thread are the highend guilds. Find one that does plenty of normal raids such as icc25n, rs25n, togc etc and monitor their guild activity. You can also find alot of materials in recruitment forums such as their youtube fights or maybe even streams. Watch and learn how they do such fights.
    3) Once you find a suitable end raid guild, apply as 6k hunter even though you are 5.9k only. You can also state that you've got a 6.5k+ alt with all achievements but wish to only with your hunter atm excusing being in opposite faction and would bring over soon, etc. Then make your application super wordy even though a one word answet would suffice. Most officers dont even bother reading your applications in detail, they will just read the gearscore section, class, achievements, your net speed and probably the country you are from. So long as its wordy and not total bull****, its would suffice and get you into the guild.
    4) Most end raid guilds does more than 2 RS25hc per week and most charcs wouldnt aim for STS normal. So getting STS from rs25n would be quite easy with 1-2 weeks worth of dkp.
    Tada, there you go, STS from your own effort within 2 months.

4. Most of the pugs are overrated. They want geared people to carry the runs. What they fail to understand is, gears do not directly mean performance. Yes they will effect a bit. But not that huge. So instead of taking 5.2k gs char to ICC10N they ask 5.8k. Its called balancing act. You balance it. Happens in real life too if you haven't noticed. You can't get a hard worker to do a job for 100 bucks? Get 10 plebs to do it for 10 each. GG.

Gearing is not difficult at all once you get the rhtym of it. Hit 80 < Do ICC rep < Pos farms till 5.2ish < ToC and VoA farms till you hit 5.5-5.7 < Do ICC 10's and 25's till 6-6.1k < Get into a decent 25H raiding guild, show them your worth < Get to 6.3k < GG stay there and fix your roots or find a better guild.

Yes it is hard cause it requires investment of time. Which the "new playesr" dont want to do. They want somthing like this

Hit 80 > Spam global for pugs > No one invites > Apply to guilds > No one accepts > QQ > do few pos farms > Hit 5.2k > Make own raids and ask for 5.8k requirements > Take all loot > GG

Way of life buddy. Way of life. Everyone has problems. Very few have solutions. That is what makes the few successful. All it needs is some investment, time and brain power and active usage of it. :)
    If only it was that easy...I'm almost 6k gs and still can't manage to get a guild, pugs are useless to me because none of them will ever get me the achievements I need to join a good guild. Instead, I just end up in guilds that either die in a week or couldn't kill LK if their life depended on it.

5. If only it was that easy...I'm almost 6k gs and still can't manage to get a guild, pugs are useless to me because none of them will ever get me the achievements I need to join a good guild. Instead, I just end up in guilds that either die in a week or couldn't kill LK if their life depended on it.
    What you say is sad but true. Only thing i would suggest is "advertise yourself with facts" and most guilds will love it. Getting invited to a guild is a big deal. First impressions do matter. That is why, even though this is just a game, how players interact with each other matters. Treating players 'ok', rather than bashing them, you know can be a boon once a while. Words spread, "yo that player, he is a very good guy. Not that great geared, but looks like an excellent person". Once you get into a guild, gearing up is nearly a joke. It is very very easy as of now.

Every guild has their own criteria's. All are not same. The way they recruit, the way they function are different. Before you apply to any guild, get to know about them. Tell them what you like about them. What you can offer. I personally hate players who answer :

Why do you want to join the guild?
    "I am 6k gs, and i want to get bis and get LoD and i heard you are the best place to get it. so i wanna join it" - This shows how this person is selfish and just wants some achievement or loot. I instantly reject him. Not worth giving him a shot.

Instead "I wanna play with you guys since ive read all there is to read about you guys and i like the way you do things and work around. I wanna be a part of guild to improve myself while allthe while contributing to the guild as little it might be" - This shows how this person wants to be a part of guild and not as an individual entity.

Guilds, theoretically speaking would look for like minded, selfless, hard working or quick learning or both, team players who can play the roles "Needed" by the guild. I say theoretically speaking, because just like many claim, yes. few guilds only look at GS, Ach, and other trivial things etc. No wonder they won't survive long, because the foundation of the guild is faulted.

Want a live example : This guy applied to my guild 2 days ago. Won't take his name. But look how he answers.
    Spoiler: Show

Why do you want to join XXX? [Your expectations and intentions]
    I am planning to come horde on one of my characters.The chosen one is my hunter. I also have a bis warrior and pally but I gotta keep them ally for personal reasons. Wasn't playing horde on lolten before so I was asking around people and they said XXX is nr1 pve guild atm, so I said I will try to join. I am looking for good raids like no mongos that cant play alts, no slacking etc just serious not time waisting stuff, coz I am kinda like pissed from that.

This answer is 'Ok'. Not the best. Not the worst. He might get accepted if his class / role is open.

Look at this : Why do you want to join XXX? [Your expectations and intentions]
    Well, it is no secret, that XXX is among the top guilds on Warmane among all WotLK realms, and I believe that I have what it takes to be a part of a guild with the highest aims. I have always been a dedicated PvE player in WoW and I have found nothing more enjoyable than raiding with a likeminded people. And another reason is that I have played on Molten ever since I made my fire mage on Neltharion (then WotLK) back in april 2011, and since then I have quit WoW twice, both times only to come back and delve back into progression raids, trying to accomplish what I couldn't before - to clear WotLK content up it's very core, all it has to offer. I have cleared everything both on 10 and 25, normal and heroic except Halion and Lizard king himself, so there is my intention - finally clear WotLK content completely, and the next time I leave this game, there is nothing that tempts me to go back.

Him getting chances are low but not a straight No. Reason is very simple. He talks about leaving the guild and game after he has cleared content. Which is fine from the player point of view. No guild wants to invite a player, get him achievements and all, and then see him leave just like that. No one simply likes it.

This one is nice : Why do you want to join XXX? [Your expectations and intentions]
    To be honest it's been a long time now that I am thinking about < XXX > as a nice place to join.
    All the players I know there gave me nice feedbacks about the guild, making it really attractive to me. However, my loyalty towards < YYY >, not to mention the amount of efforts I have been putting into the guild's unfolding, was holding me there.
    Today, after a last talk with ZZZ, I had to leave the guild. Even if I was preparing my departure, and even if I was already looking towards < XXX >, the pain was real. Beside beeing now guildless, here are some of the reasons I see to join your guild :
    - < XXX > gather an army of interesting players, it concentrates an awesome volume of knowledge, that I wish I could access, and contribute to.
    - I got long-time friends there, aswell as more recent ones.
    - I feel in need of (more) structured raids, and all the raids from < XXX > I could join, as a pick up, had that.

This guy has the most chances of getting accepted.

This guy got rejeced quicker than he applied : Why do you want to join XXX? [Your expectations and intentions]
    After long time i want to gear up with best items and want to do my best. With bestest guild.

All i want to tell you is, not all guilds are same. All players are neither. Everyone is different, but there are few similarities that most likely to find in their raiders.

1. No one likes loot whoring or drama making players. History counts here.
    2. No one wants a short-term player. Not serious guilds atleast.
    3. No one wants a dead weight. They would take an under geared player who can contribute to the guild rather than a lazy *******.
    4. Selfish people. No one likes them. Not if they can be avoided.

Achievements and gears will come eventually. Make a point to the guilds, that they cannot refuse. Become the best hot deal out there and see how every guild is gonna gonna want you. Just like some guy said before. Advertise yourself as a person. Show them how the guild can benefit from having you. All the best.

6. All you need it to put some effort into the damn application, everyonce so anti making one and if they do make it, they make it fast and "meh" just to get it done, do you wanna spend 30-40 mins making a really good app and get into the best guilds and get your toons to bis 20 times faster then spending countless hours on failing in pugs?
    Peoples priorities are so fked up.

What Mister S say is true, When officers read application they look out for what you can offer to the guild, personally I look up professions, talents and glyphs first thing I do to se if they even are serious about they toon (getting a profession) and if they know how to play it.

Never ever have I given someone bad credit for not having acheivements, Hell I dont even look at acheivements, Neither do I care about GS, allthough if I se a mage or shadow priest with alot of spirit items just to get his GS up I se that as a bad thing.

7. Does anyone do this raid on Rag/Death?

I've read/observed that its mostly forgotten and that the only thing people raid are ToC and ICC

I'm thinking of getting DBW or STS for a hunter from a shop, so I figured if nobody is doing RS then I'll just buy Twilight and roll on DBW when it drops
    all the top guilds run Heroic RS 2-3 times a week. not sure where your info is coming from but whoever is telling you this is wrong.

First 123