1. Let's get real here. #pvp #arena

Ok so this is how it's guna go. You're welcome to post things that absolutely disgust you about pvp on Lordaeron thus far. The goal of the thread is hopefully fix some issues for the pvp community, no matter how big or small our community is, we're still here, and we'd like to stay here. I'll just say this, their are many communities within the "Lordaeron" community. I've seen the competitive pve community literally die out, and out of my love for this server, I don't want any other great players lost due to things that we, as the players, can prevent. The staff relies on it's players, and the players on the staff. I've seen both sides for some time now, and in my opinion we need to realize that in the end we are nothing without each other.

I'm a long time "Blackrock" player, and my highest rating currently on Lord. is 2350ish.
    Please note after playing across multiple 80s ive noticed feral/healer, hpal/warrior, and warlock/healer to dominate the 2200+ scene, among a few others that are obviously much less played.

Alas,

Pet health/resilience vs 3.3.5 scaled dmg: can utterly render hunters/warlocks useless vs most comps
    3.3.5 scaling, dmg feels the same as Blackrock, and even burstier at times.

I'll leave the rest to you.

2. The matchmaking system in arenas is completely ****ed up.
    For example, yesterday i was in que for 11 monutes at 2500 MMR, while at the same time a 2350 MMR team was queing, when 10 minutes passed and while we were both in que, it didnt pop for any of us and eventually i got matched up vs a 1500 mmr team.
    That just doesnt make any sense lol.

3. Well, it's exactly how it's supposted to be. Toprate has always been a "who's op this season" thing also wintrading, +1farming, dodging and sniping. Although I think the biggest issue out there is when you meet the same team over and over again even at like 2k rate.
    Edited: March 8, 2016

4. The MMR system obviously needs to be changed. Blizzard style MMR system just doesn't work, because the pvp community is so much smaller. The best solution would be to use the same system as in Blackrock. The system we have now isn't good for anyone, high teams have to wait long ques after which they just run over a low team who is probably playing for the first time or just playing points with low gear.

Another problem is the high cost of pvp gear with both honor and arena points. I do understand that this is a harcore server, but as of right now, its just a grind fest, and the balance between the factions doesn't really help. I do not understand why some of the pieces cost almost one honor cap (belt, feet etc.) as well as weapons costing 4.5k arena points. Even for +2k team it will take over 5-6 weeks to just get weapons. 5-6 weeks to just get one piece is ludicrous. This means that if you did not start grinding rating from early on, you probably wont get full gears before the season ends, which will unmotivate a lot of people to even try.

Rather than having high cost on gears, which can be obtained by just grinding, it would be better idea to use higher rating requirements, which would motivate people to play more arena and get higher ratings. Rating requirements for gears could also be a way to boost the activity in 3's (which is the most competitive bracket, opinion shared by most pvpers). This could be done by having all the main pieces (Chest, Legs etc.) to require rating in 3's.

Another huge de-motivator for pvpers are the countless bugs on classes that mainly affect pvp. These bugs have been around for a long time, they have been confirmed for a long time and yet theres still no fixes. It is really de-motivating for pvpers when there are bugs critically affecting your gameplay and the staff seems to be only concerned on releasing new content. I understand that you have different developers for each, and focusing on new content does take away from staff fixing bugs, but it would seem that you should really focus more developers on fixing the bugs. I have to give it to you, there has been a lot of fixes lately, but there is still so much to be fixed.

All this combined with the late releases on information about pvp (end season rewards, which finally got announced) it just feels that Warmane does not care much about its pvp community. I personally know countless players that have quit for now or for good, because of the current state of pvp and if this continues, I'm afraid that the rest will soon quit too.
    Edited: March 8, 2016

5. The points in the above post are why I stopped PvPing on WotLK many years ago. It's just senseless grinding, no matter how you look at it. I can gear myself much faster through PvE, and it will be much more fun and less frustrating, too.

6. Regarding mmr, feel free to share opinions or promote the idea here -> http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....implementation

7. The matchmaking system in arenas is completely ****ed up.
    For example, yesterday i was in que for 11 monutes at 2500 MMR, while at the same time a 2350 MMR team was queing, when 10 minutes passed and while we were both in que, it didnt pop for any of us and eventually i got matched up vs a 1500 mmr team.
    That just doesnt make any sense lol.
    My team was somewhere around 1500-1600 MMR, and we insta-queued into a 2k team 5 times in a row. I definitely agree that the matchmaking system here is screwed up in some manner.

8. On top of the MMR issues, one of the most frustrating things about PvP is the movement lag. It's impossible to kite a warrior in the charge radius, and you get hit by AoE effects that were clearly out of range on occasion. If an enemy player isn't afflicted by a slowing effect, I cannot hit them unless I run in front of them (I have 120-150ms which isn't high enough for this to be a normal issue). Sometimes, I will shadowstep to a mounted target and appear 15 yards behind them, out of range to even reach them with a sap. I've had my arena partner get hit by spells while he was behind LoS, because it seems as if the server isn't accurately displaying the location of every player, meaning that while he was likely behind LoS on his screen, he probably wasn't on the other person's. On top of this, there are many things they could port over from the AT core, such as spell delay, that would allow for actual blizzlike gameplay.

9. On top of the MMR issues, one of the most frustrating things about PvP is the movement lag. It's impossible to kite a warrior in the charge radius, and you get hit by AoE effects that were clearly out of range on occasion. If an enemy player isn't afflicted by a slowing effect, I cannot hit them unless I run in front of them (I have 120-150ms which isn't high enough for this to be a normal issue). Sometimes, I will shadowstep to a mounted target and appear 15 yards behind them, out of range to even reach them with a sap. I've had my arena partner get hit by spells while he was behind LoS, because it seems as if the server isn't accurately displaying the location of every player, meaning that while he was likely behind LoS on his screen, he probably wasn't on the other person's. On top of this, there are many things they could port over from the AT core, such as spell delay, that would allow for actual blizzlike gameplay.
    This. I've gotten hamstringed so many times in blade's edge from the other side of the big pillars. Nowhere close to being in range.

10. it seems as if the server isn't accurately displaying the location of every player
    This is the real issue from server side.
    I think this is desync problem. Everyone who played Path of Exile long time ago is familiar with the issue:

"Desync is a situation where the game client on your computer and the PoE (Warmane in this case) server is out of sync with each other, specifically with the position of players and monsters (and players in this case). Obviously the server's decisions take precedence over the client, so a heavily desynced player may actually be standing next to monsters(or players) when they appear to be safe from the player's point of view. This is different from network lag (high latency), and desynced clients can still have low ping."

11. On top of the MMR issues, one of the most frustrating things about PvP is the movement lag. It's impossible to kite a warrior in the charge radius, and you get hit by AoE effects that were clearly out of range on occasion. If an enemy player isn't afflicted by a slowing effect, I cannot hit them unless I run in front of them (I have 120-150ms which isn't high enough for this to be a normal issue). Sometimes, I will shadowstep to a mounted target and appear 15 yards behind them, out of range to even reach them with a sap. I've had my arena partner get hit by spells while he was behind LoS, because it seems as if the server isn't accurately displaying the location of every player, meaning that while he was likely behind LoS on his screen, he probably wasn't on the other person's. On top of this, there are many things they could port over from the AT core, such as spell delay, that would allow for actual blizzlike gameplay.
    I agree with everything. It's a massive issue that reduces the quality of gameplay.

Could someone explain to a noob like me, why they can not import some of the things from Blackrock core? Or at least re-do the fixes, considering that part of the team from AT is still around?

12. Slows applying "too fast" and mid-jump, working as some kind of mini-stun when you're trying to kite. This is not how it's supposed to be, it wasn't like this on AT either. DK's desecration/Hunter's frost trap isn't supposed to be applied instantly when you go in/out of forms. Also impossible to kite/cancelform slows like chains of ice etc mid-jump the way you did it on retail/AT.

13. Don't want to make another topic, gonna ask here.

Lets say we have target affected by 1 dot spell, damaging 1000 per tick. Dot has been applied before damage reduction effects.
    Now target uses damage reduction effect, like shield wall or nether protection.

Question: should dot reduce it's damage or continue same damage because it was applied before damage reduction effect ?

Same goes for buffs. If dot has been used during SPD buff on the owner, dot saves modificators and ticks like SPD buff is up, meanwhile it's not
    Does it work as intended ?
    Edited: March 9, 2016

14. Don't want to make another topic, gonna ask here.

Lets say we have target affected by 1 dot spell, damaging 1000 per tick. Dot has been applied before damage reduction effects.
    Now target uses damage reduction effect, like shield wall or nether protection.

Question: should dot reduce it's damage or continue same damage because it was applied before damage reduction effect ?

Same goes for buffs. If dot has been used during SPD buff on the owner, dot saves modificators and ticks like SPD buff is up, meanwhile it's not
    Does it work as intended ?
    Dot damage should still be reduced if applied before the target got affected by a damage reduction effect. Only dots that are not affected by it are crit-dots of the talents like ignite/deep wounds and pierching shots. These were not reduced at patch 3.3.5 when occurred before the damage reduction effect, it got fixed in a later patch.

Not sure about second one, I checked it some years ago and forgot about the result.

15. fix delay for melees first so it may be worth to log in again?

12 Last