1. Can be good idea remove the option of switch gear when you are in arena preparation, warr hpala countergearing everyone its so autist :( sorry bad english.

2. Can be good idea remove the option of switch gear when you are in arena preparation, warr hpala countergearing everyone its so autist :( sorry bad english.
    This. It's been quite a while since someone mentioned idea worth implementing.

Duo's should be able to play against solo teams. Sure it would be advantage for duo players going for ranks, so what. If someone is too antisocial unable to get duo partner it's his problem.

3. Make Unrelenting Assault a magical debuff with 2 stacks, each stack reducing healing spell power by 25%. More nerfs for warriors make AT a better place.

4. Make Unrelenting Assault a magical debuff with 2 stacks, each stack reducing healing spell power by 25%. More nerfs for warriors make AT a better place.
    Or just nerf Dementia stacking with Mortal Strike effects, it's not even funny that warriors can tunnel almost anything to death on first 10-15 stacks while it's almost nothing for non MS classes.

Most people don't even know mages / spriests have -20% mortal strike if you didn't tell them, that's how much it makes difference if you dont have existing MS effect.

5. ppl wont continue to play here aslong as ppl wont bother about exploiters/hackers

6. The free s8 gear for everyone was a quick (and quite cheap) boost concerning active players. However, this was only of short nature as the player base dwindles away again. I feel like there are threee main points which need to be improved/considered in order to atleast maintain current levels.

1) Cheaters and hackers banning. This actually should be a basic prerequisite. If in any game it can't be provided anymore that the gameplay is mostly undisturbed from cheating then it is doomed to fail.

2) I do quite like how soloq works (even as rogue^^). However, I really think the melee/caster/healer system should return. Although I understand the want to enable short queue times, it is not worth it if the comps played now are not fun to play (against). Also I imagine the initial idea was to provide 3s experience without the hassle of team organisation but there is no such experience when matched into unplayable/losing compositions every third game (might be a rogue issue though :) ).

3) People want rewards and even grind for it if it's worth. The current transmog system was a solid idea but didn't add to competition as even low-rated players are able to get the fancy stuff. The last quite exciting season was actually when only max ilvl 200 (or sth) trinkets were allowed and you had to farm them with points or chests from arena. That was actually the season before a bunch of good players left (RIP Marm) after 264+ trinkets were introduced again.

Other than that I can honestly say that the game mechanics and balance are fine (better than during ATs peaks) so that is not an issue.

Maybe it all just doesn't matter what you do though as the game is simply getting old..

.. just as we do :/

Greetings, Phanx/Nxtlevel
    Edited: March 22, 2016

7. I'll echo a lot of players' sentiments here.

1. The hackers. They destroy competition, which is the only thing this server has going on for it. If you don't take a more aggressive stance against them, then the server is certainly doomed.

2. Remove Dampening / Dementia or make them not apply to you when you're going against certain classes, i.e. warrior and warlock, to name a few. Blanket healing reduction was a terrible idea on retail WoW when it was introduced, I don't get how anyone thought it'd be a good idea to have in WotLK, with certain classes doing as much damage as they are.

3. Restrict some trinkets, either with a blanket removal (Bauble of True Blood, Deathbringer's Will, Dislodged Foreign Object) or an iLvl / stats reduction.

Some suggestions of my own:

4. Rework the rating algorithm, making it take into account how many teams are currently competing. Currently it feels like it's impossible to go up in the ladder when you're getting 7-10 points a win since the top teams are no longer playing, after taking up all of the top spots with multiple teams per account. Nothing competitive about being locked out of the top spots.

Another idea would be to reward players who play a lot of games, because that's what this server needs, activity. With the system as it is, there's no incentive to keep playing after the first weeks in the season when things are at the most active, meaning the top players just stop and everyone else is left with a stone wall in front of them.

5. Some warrior nerfs would be nice. It feels like you tried with that UA nerf which was reverted, but pala / warr is such a powerhouse in 2s that I feel it could greatly help get people stay interested in this server past the "let's remember WotLK for an hour!" niche if you just made playing anything other than pala / warr in 2s slightly less pointless.

--

I get that you're short-staffed and most of this will never come to be, but honestly it's sad seeing AT come to this after the great moments it has offered all of us. A dying server full of cheaters and warriors, reflecting nothing but the worst memories we have of those otherwise great times.

If anything, just a couple of these changes would show us that you do care and we're not back to being shafted in favour of the PvE servers, just because they have a higher playerbase now.

Oh and absolutely do not go back to the old model of progressive gear. I'm sorry but I had to grind for gear on 5 characters back in WotLK, there's no way I'm going to stay on a server that asks me to do it all over again, just because some people get their kicks that way. Cosmetics are definitely the way to go here, it's just a matter of balancing how you get them.

8. I'll echo a lot of players' sentiments here.

1. The hackers. They destroy competition, which is the only thing this server has going on for it. If you don't take a more aggressive stance against them, then the server is certainly doomed.

2. Remove Dampening / Dementia or make them not apply to you when you're going against certain classes, i.e. warrior and warlock, to name a few. Blanket healing reduction was a terrible idea on retail WoW when it was introduced, I don't get how anyone thought it'd be a good idea to have in WotLK, with certain classes doing as much damage as they are.

3. Restrict some trinkets, either with a blanket removal (Bauble of True Blood, Deathbringer's Will, Dislodged Foreign Object) or an iLvl / stats reduction.

Some suggestions of my own:

4. Rework the rating algorithm, making it take into account how many teams are currently competing. Currently it feels like it's impossible to go up in the ladder when you're getting 7-10 points a win since the top teams are no longer playing, after taking up all of the top spots with multiple teams per account. Nothing competitive about being locked out of the top spots.

Another idea would be to reward players who play a lot of games, because that's what this server needs, activity. With the system as it is, there's no incentive to keep playing after the first weeks in the season when things are at the most active, meaning the top players just stop and everyone else is left with a stone wall in front of them.

5. Some warrior nerfs would be nice. It feels like you tried with that UA nerf which was reverted, but pala / warr is such a powerhouse in 2s that I feel it could greatly help get people stay interested in this server past the "let's remember WotLK for an hour!" niche if you just made playing anything other than pala / warr in 2s slightly less pointless.

--

I get that you're short-staffed and most of this will never come to be, but honestly it's sad seeing AT come to this after the great moments it has offered all of us. A dying server full of cheaters and warriors, reflecting nothing but the worst memories we have of those otherwise great times.

If anything, just a couple of these changes would show us that you do care and we're not back to being shafted in favour of the PvE servers, just because they have a higher playerbase now.

Oh and absolutely do not go back to the old model of progressive gear. I'm sorry but I had to grind for gear on 5 characters back in WotLK, there's no way I'm going to stay on a server that asks me to do it all over again, just because some people get their kicks that way. Cosmetics are definitely the way to go here, it's just a matter of balancing how you get them.
    Funny how hard people try to cover up their bias.

You're just the scapegoat my comment needs.

9. Important, balance and game decisions should be taken by talking with high rated players of the server. I don't like the idea of asking regular players important things because 99% of them will come with bias ideas or just ****ty in general (remove solo queue, nerf warriors, LOL).

10. ...because 99% of them will come with bias ideas or just ****ty in general (remove solo queue, nerf warriors, LOL).
    Im not high rated player, but i totally agree with this. Alot of players here write so many nonsenses so i understand why GMs igoring us.

11. Funny how hard people try to cover up their bias.

You're just the scapegoat my comment needs.
    Covering up bias? What you call bias can be summed up as "opinion". If you disagree with something in particular that I proposed, you are free to express it and explain why you think it's not a good idea.

Just saying it's "bias" is just silly and non-constructive, completely counter-intuitive in a feedback thread. Though to be frank I didn't really expect better.

As for the rest of the comments regarding asking "high rated players", first of all, you have no idea how high rated someone was on live when they're coming here. Secondly, it'd be pretty much impossible to talk with the high rated players here as most of them stop playing as soon as they get high enough rating to feel that they don't need to play anymore.

Lastly, your comments are myopic in that you assume that high rated players will somewhy not be "biased" or come up with only good ideas while lower rated players won't. While it's true that obviously someone who only has experience getting wrecked by backpeddling ret paladins at 1300 will not exactly be the best measure of balance, it isn't balance that's up for discussion here (at least not to a big extent), it's the server's state and ideas on how to get it to be less dead.

12. ..regarding asking "high rated players", first of all, you have no idea how high rated someone was on live when they're coming here.
    Why would anybody care for retail here? Lich King was 6-7 years ago and the meta changed into something completely new. This is such an invalid opinion that I'll stop discussing it at this point.

Secondly, it'd be pretty much impossible to talk with the high rated players here as most of them stop playing as soon as they get high enough rating to feel that they don't need to play anymore.
    Is this a fact? I think it's just a bull****. You can't know. The server needs the high rated opinions because everyone else doesn't know the in-depth things, what are the weak and strong points of a specific class and so on.

Lastly, your comments are myopic in that you assume that high rated players will somewhy not be "biased" or come up with only good ideas while lower rated players won't. it's the server's state and ideas on how to get it to be less dead.
    I trust high players more than others, to be honest. You literally said that you want some trinkets removed (bauble, dbw, dfo) and nerfs on Warriors and you are pretty vocal about your ideas. That's insanely bad.

I don't like it and I think the average player base should NOT interact with pvp changes any longer.

13. Well that's much better, you at least mentioned what you disagree with.

Why would anybody care for retail here? Lich King was 6-7 years ago and the meta changed into something completely new. This is such an invalid opinion that I'll stop discussing it at this point.
    That's your opinion. I don't know why you think that the meta has changed into something new, it's the exact same as I remember it from WotLK - pala / warr dominating 2s and the same comps in 3s. Though I suppose it's easy to tell someone that their opinion is invalid just because apparently rating during a different time mattered less, despite the fact that it's the same expansion with mostly the same gameplay.

Is this a fact? I think it's just a bull****. You can't know. The server needs the high rated opinions because everyone else doesn't know the in-depth things, what are the weak and strong points of a specific class and so on.
    Everything you don't agree with or don't see is bull? Just look at the top 50 teams on the ladder, write down their names, and you'll see that hardly any of them play anymore... or if they do, it's on alts.

I already yielded that higher rated players obviously have a more rounded opinion on what could use some tweaks, but again, that's just balance. Balance is great but this server is nearly dead, and a perfectly "balanced" dead server is meaningless - so it needs more than just small PvP balance changes.

On the other hand you still have the issue where you're saying "high rated opinions" - what IS a high rated opinion? The opinion of someone who's been higher than an arbitrary number - i.e. 2.4k? On which server, retail, AT, Blackrock (where it's virtually impossible to get there)? The people that win tournaments? For instance Hydra was very vocal when he played on AT, he always said explicitly that warriors are bull**** and they're centralizing the game too much. Is his opinion a high rated one, should that be listened to as opposed to the opinions of those who aren't Hydra and agree that warriors need tweaks?

Whole can of worms right there.

I trust high players more than others, to be honest. You literally said that you want some trinkets removed (bauble, dbw, dfo) and nerfs on Warriors and you are pretty vocal about your ideas. That's insanely bad.

I don't like it and I think the average player base should NOT interact with pvp changes any longer.
    You're welcome to disagree with something and have opinions on your own but "that's insanely bad" is just garbage to this conversation. I get it, you don't agree with (some of?) my proposed changes, that's great for you - counterpropose something else then that'd help make this server less of a ghost town. Because as it is, people log on to remember the old days, get stomped by pala / warr, and just leave - and can you really blame them?

Also how exactly am I "vocal", I'm not even sure - this is literally my 3rd post on these forums.

Regardless if this server doesn't want to fade into obscurity - and I'm just not sure if anyone cares about that anymore - then something has to change. And one of the things that definitely have to change are people shooting down others without offering meaningful feedback.

14. I can confirm that I'm a long time AT player and stopped playing for a good while because of the excess number of hackers and short staff activity on the realm.

Maybe think about giving an active Blackrock/AT player GM privileges on this server, perhaps x2 more GMs one for EU and one for US that will keep this server in check. Announce that it is a community completely voluntary job so money isn't an issue. Malaco I'm talking to you I know the other admins don't care much about this server b.c they haven't put the work into it and aren't tied to it but this server got you started do you really want to see it slowly fade away if you could help the Blackrock/AT community just a lil bit it would go a long way, otherwise we can tell you've give up on it.

15. Would Warmane consider hiring old Game Masters from other servers? If some dont have time to play, but would rather give back to the community.

First 123 Last