1. Sniffing Out the Perpetrator

This quest unlocks countless others in Storm Peaks and it is completely bugged. I've made several in-game tickets which all direct me towards the bugtracker (I've had a log on there for several days now with zero response). Anyway, there are still way too many pursuers and it's impossible to get beyond halfway through the run before your or the wolf dies. I've tried all the suggestions found in the very old logs for the same issue but none of those work (kill the mob first, etc).

How do people get past or finish this quest? I really don't understand why they do not just auto-complete the quests that they're unable to fix.

2. This quest unlocks countless others in Storm Peaks and it is completely bugged. I've made several in-game tickets which all direct me towards the bugtracker (I've had a log on there for several days now with zero response). Anyway, there are still way too many pursuers and it's impossible to get beyond halfway through the run before your or the wolf dies. I've tried all the suggestions found in the very old logs for the same issue but none of those work (kill the mob first, etc).

How do people get past or finish this quest? I really don't understand why they do not just auto-complete the quests that they're unable to fix.
    Get a friend in party. He can run behind u and kill them. I know its not regular way of doing it but thats how i finaly finished it long ago.

3. I dunno I managed to survive with no tricks at all (but I was Frost DK). Isn't there an ability while on the wolf to slow down the pursuers?

4. When i did that quest twice for my toons, it was so much bugged that Dwarves were actually friendly for me and they did not attack me at all :grin:

5. I just started this quest and for me the Pursuers just spawn and do nothing. When I get to the cave I kill Thulin but it wont let me pick up the communicator. It just stays on his dead body and refuses to go into my inventory. I've abandoned and restarted to try to fix it but no luck. Anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it?

6. I just started this quest and for me the Pursuers just spawn and do nothing. When I get to the cave I kill Thulin but it wont let me pick up the communicator. It just stays on his dead body and refuses to go into my inventory. I've abandoned and restarted to try to fix it but no luck. Anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it?
    Yeah, I'm having this right now

7. I know this post is kind of old, but this just happened to me today and I found a way around it.

The trick is:

If you have the quest abandon it.
    Accept the quest.
    Do NOT mount the tiger, instead just fly over the cave (48, 60) and kill Thulin.
    You should be able to pick up the Communicator.
    Go back to the quest giver and mount the tiger.
    Do nothing while the followers don't follow you.
    Quest Complete, use the Communicator to turn it to Brann.

I don't know if this works always, but it did it with two of my chars :p

EDIT: All this I did in Icecrown but now it doesn't work anymore. Instead what you have to do is go to The Abandoned Camp at 36.62 (where you found the buried note) and use the collar and "sniff" the location from there.
    Edited: September 8, 2016

8. I know this post is kind of old, but this just happened to me today and I found a way around it.

The trick is:

If you have the quest abandon it.
    Accept the quest.
    Do NOT mount the tiger, instead just fly over the cave (48, 60) and kill Thulin.
    You should be able to pick up the Communicator.
    Go back to the quest giver and mount the tiger.
    Do nothing while the followers don't follow you.
    Quest Complete, use the Communicator to turn it to Brann.

I don't know if this works always, but it did it with two of my chars :p

EDIT: All this I did in Icecrown but now it doesn't work anymore. Instead what you have to do is go to The Abandoned Camp at 36.62 (where you found the buried note) and use the collar and "sniff" the location from there.
    This helps me, bug still exist. Lordaeron.