1. Can you please give us the math/simulation/analysis why you value crit that much? Is this a warmane thing?
    If my memory serves me right haste and SP should greatly outweigh crit from every perspective (healing output/efficiency) according to EJ.
    Also you forgot to mention Healing Stream glyph which can be great in some fights.

2. Is there a reason you are not considering http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50458 as a relic? It's the best one out there for experienced shamans, imo.
    because you need hit rating to really make it shine. if your constantly missing since you wont be stacking any hit except your passive racial you are going to miss a lot with it and thus waste a global on something that might not even work at all. besides after you get so much haste from all your gear minus your totem you wont need or want that much haste at all as diminishing returns will kill at that point.

Can you please give us the math/simulation/analysis why you value crit that much? Is this a warmane thing?
    If my memory serves me right haste and SP should greatly outweigh crit from every perspective (healing output/efficiency) according to EJ.
    Also you forgot to mention Healing Stream glyph which can be great in some fights.
    spell power does outweigh crit. if he said crit is better than i missed that part but its not. you should only get it on gear where you can and avoid gemming or getting gear solely based upon crit. throughput is king whether thats on lk where you will be stacking more spell power or on BQL where you will be wearing your haste gear. max throughput is not gained through crit alone or focusing on it.
    Edited: March 16, 2016

3. because you need hit rating to really make it shine. if your constantly missing since you wont be stacking any hit except your passive racial you are going to miss a lot with it and thus waste a global on something that might not even work at all. besides after you get so much haste from all your gear minus your totem you wont need or want that much haste at all as diminishing returns will kill at that point.
    The whole point of using this totem is to barely gem haste at all. DR isn't the problem.

You have ~39 seconds to land a FS to stop your stacks from falling off. Refreshing FS every 30 seconds has ~2% (2 misses in row) chance to drop your stacks, refreshing it every 25 seconds has a ~0.3% (3 misses in row) chance to drop your stacks.
    And for the rare occasions you can't spare the gcds http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=54999 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=40211 will just do.

The gain is a flat 240+ SP boost depending on your gems.

4. Can you please give us the math/simulation/analysis why you value crit that much? Is this a warmane thing?
    You're one of those people I mentioned Funky in my previous post that hurry to comment anythung without you've read even the end of the sentence. Did I say SP sux? Did i say SP and Haste is not best shaman stats anyway or something like that or just opposite that SP always will be your primary stats and anyway even if you do not want it accumulate because as i know in the game just not exist higher item level items for casters or healers without Spell Power, but there exist item without Haste (all items with SP + Critical + Mp5s) or without Critical (all items with SP + Haste + Mp5s) or without Mp5s (all items with SP + Haste + Critical) or briefly Spell Power is constant stats for each item what you will receive like Intellect and Stamina.
    This what i say only:

"Briefly if I have to summarize individually for myself, Critical strike raiting comes for me as one of the best stats for Restoration Shaman which is not affected by the various encounters as Haste raiting. If I need more Haste raiting I take it but I try to keep my Critical raiting on good level."

Tell me how to answer you at this after you even not bothered to read category STATS , especially Critical Strike? And you ask for math/simulation/analysis? Unfortunately i haven't pic to show you now but how you feeling 30% healing done from Ancestral Awakening from total my healing done on LK fight?
    I will not mention even that on 10 man raids even in most situation Ancestral Awakening will be your main ability for AOE healing instead of Chain Heal because spreading of ppl and will be waste to use Chain Heal which will hit 1, 2 targets only, but probably you didn't read even this?

About Glyph for Healing Stream Totem is just pointless to waste glyph slot for it instead of glyphs where will benefit you much more and i will tell you why. As healer you will be putted in most of situation in group 5 with other healers. Anyway Healing Stream Totem is supposed to heal only your group members (not all raid) with really low amount of healing which even glyphed is less than amount of healing of your Earthliving. Really Healing Stream Totem itself can help you for some AOE fights like BQL, SIndragosa 2nd phace, LK in transition phaces (generally at all AOE situations) but tell me how much you will receive more with glyph? 100, 150 more of your Healing Totem for what? to heal additional a group from healers ?

I will give you situation - You are at BQL and boom shadow bolt flying toward you and you are on 20-30% hp. So you will wait your healing totem to fully hp you?, you will wait someone else to heal you? or you will waste 1 GCD and 1 spell cast to heal yourself? or simple you can use for example glyph of Healing Wave, to heal someone else where you automatic will heal yourself and with situation of critical you will heal someone else via Ancestral Awakening. Or my simple question is which glyph you will replace for Healing Totem? CH, or Eartliving or HW? or which? Glyph or Healing Stream Totem is suitable only if you play as Hasty's Shaman look PLAYSTYLE AND TIPS, point 1.

A conclusion, I can tell you from what I understood from your comments that you are a player who cares only about HPS and forget for most important things here. Every Shaman can burst 20k+ HPS easy, so what? Is not it more important outcome? Whether the raid will remain alive and the boss will be done?

Have a nice day my friend :)

5. You're one of those people I mentioned Funky in my previous post that hurry to comment anythung without you've read even the end of the sentence. Did I say SP sux? Did i say SP and Haste is not best shaman stats anyway or something like that or just opposite that SP always will be your primary stats and anyway even if you do not want it accumulate because as i know in the game just not exist higher item level items for casters or healers without Spell Power, but there exist item without Haste (all items with SP + Critical + Mp5s) or without Critical (all items with SP + Haste + Mp5s) or without Mp5s (all items with SP + Haste + Critical) or briefly Spell Power is constant stats for each item what you will receive like Intellect and Stamina.
    This what i say only:

"Briefly if I have to summarize individually for myself, Critical strike raiting comes for me as one of the best stats for Restoration Shaman which is not affected by the various encounters as Haste raiting. If I need more Haste raiting I take it but I try to keep my Critical raiting on good level."

Tell me how to answer you at this after you even not bothered to read category STATS , especially Critical Strike? And you ask for math/simulation/analysis? Unfortunately i haven't pic to show you now but how you feeling 30% healing done from Ancestral Awakening from total my healing done on LK fight?
    I will not mention even that on 10 man raids even in most situation Ancestral Awakening will be your main ability for AOE healing instead of Chain Heal because spreading of ppl and will be waste to use Chain Heal which will hit 1, 2 targets only, but probably you didn't read even this?

About Glyph for Healing Stream Totem is just pointless to waste glyph slot for it instead of glyphs where will benefit you much more and i will tell you why. As healer you will be putted in most of situation in group 5 with other healers. Anyway Healing Stream Totem is supposed to heal only your group members (not all raid) with really low amount of healing which even glyphed is less than amount of healing of your Earthliving. Really Healing Stream Totem itself can help you for some AOE fights like BQL, SIndragosa 2nd phace, LK in transition phaces (generally at all AOE situations) but tell me how much you will receive more with glyph? 100, 150 more of your Healing Totem for what? to heal additional a group from healers ?

I will give you situation - You are at BQL and boom shadow bolt flying toward you and you are on 20-30% hp. So you will wait your healing totem to fully hp you?, or you will waste 1 GCD and 1 spell cast to heal yourself or simple you can use for example glyph of Healing Wave, to heal someone else where you automatic will heal yourself and with situation of critical you will heal someone else via Ancestral Awakening. Or my simple question is which glyph you will replace for Healing Totem? CH, or Eartliving or HW? or which?

A conclusion, I can tell you from what I understood from your comments that you are a player who cares only about HPS and forget for most important things here. Every Shaman can burst 20k+ HPS easy, so what? Is not it more important outcome? Whether the raid will remain alive and the boss will be done?

Have a nice day my friend :)
    blah blah blah

did i mention your post at all? no. did i answer his question? yes. i did not bring your guide into this at all so how about you take 2 seconds. pause. and reread what i said. thanks.

if i had mentioned your guide vs his question i would have found exactly what he was talking about and quoted it. so stop getting your panties in a bunch over an answer i gave that had nothing to do with your guide.

The whole point of using this totem is to barely gem haste at all. DR isn't the problem.

You have ~39 seconds to land a FS to stop your stacks from falling off. Refreshing FS every 30 seconds has ~2% (2 misses in row) chance to drop your stacks, refreshing it every 25 seconds has a ~0.3% (3 misses in row) chance to drop your stacks.
    And for the rare occasions you can't spare the gcds http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=54999 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=40211 will just do.

The gain is a flat 240+ SP boost depending on your gems.
    your missing the point. you still need hit to make this work. if you are missing all the time with it then whats the point? your going to be spamming a spell on a boss or add that has a very low chance to hit instead of actually healing thus taking your entire role as a healer out of the equation. your spending GCDs needlessly that could be used for healing a raid member just to keep your haste stacks up so your at the haste you want to be. thats just useless.

6. blah blah blah

did i mention your post at all? no. did i answer his question? yes. i did not bring your guide into this at all so how about you take 2 seconds. pause. and reread what i said. thanks.

if i had mentioned your guide vs his question i would have found exactly what he was talking about and quoted it. so stop getting your panties in a bunch over an answer i gave that had nothing to do with your guide.

your missing the point. you still need hit to make this work. if you are missing all the time with it then whats the point? your going to be spamming a spell on a boss or add that has a very low chance to hit instead of actually healing thus taking your entire role as a healer out of the equation. your spending GCDs needlessly that could be used for healing a raid member just to keep your haste stacks up so your at the haste you want to be. thats just useless.
    Man what happend with you ? O_o Or you understood something wrong or i don't know. Just i wrote that from my previous post into you:

"I expect soon someone to start and argue about it and boom this topic from calm discussion will turn into savage dispute and this is because people do not read carefully and are quick to comment without having read even the end of the sentence. I am sure that you understand me :) "

and i point on this. He in all cases asked what i win from Critical Raiting and why is so important for me. So simple i answered him on this question and about Glyph of HST.

7. You're one of those people I mentioned Funky in my previous post that hurry to comment anythung without you've read even the end of the sentence.
    im responding to this.

"I expect soon someone to start and argue about it and boom this topic from calm discussion will turn into savage dispute and this is because people do not read carefully and are quick to comment without having read even the end of the sentence. I am sure that you understand me :) "
    idk what your talking about now. because you said the second quote first then i replied to the players question and you wrote the first quote.... so you where mad about the possibility of an argument in this thread then you started one yourself? im lost.

im just here trying to answer the same questions that i have in my resto shaman guide helping some people understand the class because i havent seen 1 resto shaman worth anything in over a year and i like that to change.

8. No man i just point him this where i told you early that ppl don't make even little effort to read all before to comment and thats all :) I really values your experience and I am glad that my help in answering some questions because generally do not have much time to deal with everything

9. - I wasn't meant to be offensive, I just asked a simple question because I was curious.
    - You are right I haven't read every word and every sentence.
    - You did mention that: " Most important stats – Haste Raiting > Spell Power = Critical Raiting > Mp5s. Hasty’s Shaman collects usually around 1400+ haste raiting." Correct me if I'm wrong but this means to me that SP and crit is on the same level in your opinion (and in that context).
    - You are putting yourself in the same group of ignorant people you were referring to by judging me based on one comment.

So you wrote a (very detailed) guide based on your personal preferences, playstyle and experience. And I'm pretty sure that this works very good for you. But that doesn't mean that other players should not have different style and different preferences which are better suited to his/her own playing style.

Peace out

10. - I wasn't meant to be offensive, I just asked a simple question because I was curious.
    - You are right I haven't read every word and every sentence.
    - You did mention that: " Most important stats – Haste Raiting > Spell Power = Critical Raiting > Mp5s. Hasty’s Shaman collects usually around 1400+ haste raiting." Correct me if I'm wrong but this means to me that SP and crit is on the same level in your opinion (and in that context).
    - You are putting yourself in the same group of ignorant people you were referring to by judging me based on one comment.

So you wrote a (very detailed) guide based on your personal preferences, playstyle and experience. And I'm pretty sure that this works very good for you. But that doesn't mean that other players should not have different style and different preferences which are better suited to his/her own playing style.
    Peace out
    No mate. In selection PLAYSTYLE AND TIPS i gave some types to play shaman where i wrote for each individual playstyle what are most important stats. But this where i said about critical i wrote it in selection Teamstars talks... where i wrote that i play most of time as balanced. So i didn't see something wrong it all. and i said that critical for me is ONE of the best stats but not THE BEST, WHICH IS NOT AFFECTED from various encounters as HASTE RAITING. So make the difference pls :) For your curious about "Correct me if I'm wrong but this means to me that SP and crit is on the same level in your opinion", sit and think about that :) So as i pointed early anyway SP always will be your primary stats because anyway you receive it from each piece from your gear. Yes i could write "Haste > SP > Crit = Mp5s (as mana return stats)" or "Haste > SP > Crit > Mp5S". But as a Hasty's Shaman you will gem mainly Haste and ofc SP + haste in red sockets. WIth this i pointed that critical is much so important like SP for many reasons. As Hasty's Shaman you will use mainly CH and because better chance for crit will proc well your 4pT10 and in same time will gain you more mana return via talent. I didn't point that if you have 4k SP you need to have 4k critical too what is impossible O_o :D. Anyway even as Hasty's shaman you need to make some balance between Secondary stats like critical and Mp5s. For example whats better for you? To go with 30% critical and 1k mana regen while casting or for example 50% critical and 500 mana while casting? :) Because critical especially for CH has chance to return you mana for each critical. For example if you have good luck and crit in same time 4 targets and Improved Water Shield proc you will return 4 times mana for each criticaled hit targer and you can return over 1.2k mana only with 1 Chain Heal cast (Chain Heal costs 793 mana) Same if you crit 1, 2 or 3 targets - you will gain 1x , or 2x or 3x mana return :) Personaly at BQL 25hc fight in most of situations my recount looks like: 1. Chain Heal around 60%, 2. Chained Heal (4pT10) around 15% from my total healing done with 53-55% critical chance. But let's be realist. Tell me how much you will benefit from 100 SP more instead of 100 critical strike more considering that in ICC full buffed you will have mostly time around 5k SP even more but 100 critical strike will increase you chance with around 2.2%. :) As i said no one time you need to balance your stats.
    A: See, to me it's all math. I believe that each class has a proper balance of all important to him stats and finding what makes the difference is the good player and not so good player.
    Because not so a good player is only one style of play and knows only one type of development from what is heard and seen in internet, but this example boss not said himself "why not try to change little my stats and change some items to see how it will be?" or at LK for example to ask himslef "I do really good healing but my mana sux and i'm in trouble! Why not decrease a bit my haste and increase my mana regen to be more OP?" And it happens because people are only interested in HPS and race for first place on Recount and are afraid that if until now have been the first place in this once to take the second or last and will consider noobs. Really where it came from this thinking and behavior on game? The idea of a shaman and every class is really to increase its impact and performance, but at same time to play in save position for him and all raid. What the point to be more OP with healing and to rape even second on Recount with 2 times more healing after in 1, 2 mins you will cry for Inerrvate and in next 1 min again and again and raid need to spend 5 druids for you only, but you know you are not only healer in raid. Especially at LK fight where shaman need to spam always some spell because you don't know when tanks will receive 50k+ damage. All is situate. And i don't want to listen that with "0" mana regen and 45% ciritcal only for example you're OP with mana and all any such comments at fights like LK because you can lie to someone else, you can lie to yourself, but not me. With stats like this you can be OP with mana only in situation if you don't heal properly or even don't heal what is not decision of the problem. Yes i can be on LOD with 5 healers and for all battle i can spend max 5k mana ofc i'll be last on recount with 1m healing done for example but who cares O_o, LK is done. O_o
    For that i talking about. Thank You for your attention. :)
    Edited: March 17, 2016

11. Well, nice update!

I have a bit different point of view about some concepts you had posted in chapters: TALENTS, GLYPHS, ENCHANTS-GEMS and PLAYSTYLE and TIPS.
    But, in general, I have the same view over Restoration Shaman (90% understanding coincidence). Most criterias not worth to discuss about, but one remark about PLAYSTYLE is important.

In chapter PLAYSTYLE and TIPS you mentioned 3 kinds of Restoration Shamans: Hasty's Shaman, Crity's Shaman and Balanced Shamans. On October 8, 2014 I posted to Funky's thread about similar Restoration setups little. Compared to that list you missing some "kind" of Hasty's Shaman with Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings, as the most expensive setup. Due to that weapon mechanics the "hasty" stat's, glyphs and gear must be a way different. You are right saying: "Shamans can be raid and tank healers at once", but with that mace they can be a Disco priest a bit. So, it's interesting to digg into this setup a little more - how must be a balanced "Val'anyr Restoration Shaman"?

Also, going solo healer it's a good option to improve some personal skills or to achive some new levels over the average players, as is shown in that video. But I don't like "the promotion of solo healing franchise", because it's a way of grind the nerves and not for fun play. I personally was in enought solo healing and/or solo tanking raids (unplanned for this) and they was "risky", "wipy", "RC-loudy", "nanny" as aresult - "unpleasury". For example, based on that video, your raid members never stacked over 6-7 stacks of Chilled to the Bone debuff as a result of safe play, carry each other, supporting just too much with high risk to lost dps characters. As a result: 1 healer and 23 dps have 2 air phases. With 2 healers and 22 dps you can have only one air phase. The dpsers can play more aggresive through stacking Chilled tt Bone to 10 and Mystic Buffet to 8 even to 10 (exception is ph3). Overall, ICC 25N and RC25N can be done easy with two good healers; ICC25HC and/or RS 25HC with 3 good healers or 4 for more safe play. It's good to keep core healers working to improve their skills, not only at crucial moments when they can fail due to lack of enought skills.

GG!

12. Thank You mate but as I wrote above, it is really hard to do guide for healer and at the same time comply with all who read it because really shaman offers a wide range and choice of game and playstyle. :) I tried to objectify things to Main which is most important. Yes i could be more flexible as to write personal for me, but for one will be fine for other not this will turn into disarray. Even in category Teamstars talks... I have not walked in huge explanations and wrote only the most important and common.
    Edited: March 22, 2016

13. Hey there man thanks for this great guide.I myself main resto shaman and agree with you on almost everything you said rest is ofc personal choice.So i have 2 questions for you:1st whats your opinion on Val'anyr on resto shaman and is it fixxed and what exacly is/was bugged with it? (i thing it would be pretty good for BQL and 1st,2nd P on LK sinci you can swap it for Terenas in P3 sadly i cant test it :D.)
    My 2nd question:Why does LHW does not consume 2nd tidal waves stack after the new core? Is it some bug or what :D.
    Once again tnx for the well constructed guide!
    Maybe ill ask more in game.
    IGN: Shamslol ( :

14. Hey there man thanks for this great guide.I myself main resto shaman and agree with you on almost everything you said rest is ofc personal choice.So i have 2 questions for you:1st whats your opinion on Val'anyr on resto shaman and is it fixxed and what exacly is/was bugged with it? (i thing it would be pretty good for BQL and 1st,2nd P on LK sinci you can swap it for Terenas in P3 sadly i cant test it :D.)
    My 2nd question:Why does LHW does not consume 2nd tidal waves stack after the new core? Is it some bug or what :D.
    Once again tnx for the well constructed guide!
    Maybe ill ask more in game.
    IGN: Shamslol ( :
    1st - I have to test Val'nyr before I tell you. You know, it's hard to obtain it. As i understood there are still problems with Val'anyr and one of them is Paladin's Beacon (absorbs still doesn't proc via Beacon of Light) and this leads me to believe that with the shaman will have a problem. So I can not tell you anything before I see it with my own eyes. If any shaman here can share some opinion and observation...? Anyway Val'anyr is good as "swap" weapon for all encounters. Why swap? - Because you will want the absorbs to play for you, not against you as if they proc in bad moment when the raid actually doesn't need it. You can manage it with some add-on showing you cooldowns like "ForteX" and "Power Aura". And Royal Scepter gains you about 300 SP more and no point to use only Val'anyr all the time.
    For example at PP, the raid receives damage almost all the time so you can use here Val'anyr on CD, but for example at LK, it doesn't matter to use it in the start for the first infest, because your disco priest will have enough time to manage with it, so you will want to keep it for 2nd on 3rd, then again in transition, then in second phase, and .... So all is personal judgment. This are just small examples.

2nd - Yea still applied this problem. I hope Warmane will fix it soon because it's really a small bonus for restoration shaman. But at least bonus critical is fixed. I mean even in 2xLHW you still to have Tidal Waves on you, bonus critical from 25% disappears from you after 2 casts of LHW. The bug affects over haste because after this 2 LHW casts you still can cast 1 faster HW what is really bonus and can save you in some special situations.
    Edited: March 27, 2016

15. 1st - I have to test Val'nyr before I tell you. You know, it's hard to obtain it. As i understood there are still problems with Val'anyr and one of them is Paladin's Beacon (absorbs still doesn't proc via Beacon of Light) and this leads me to believe that with the shaman will have a problem. So I can not tell you anything before I see it with my own eyes. If any shaman here can share some opinion and observation...? Anyway Val'anyr is good as "swap" weapon for all encounters. Why swap? - Because you will want the absorbs to play for you, not against you as if they proc in bad moment when the raid actually doesn't need it. You can manage it with some add-on showing you cooldowns like "ForteX" and "Power Aura". And Royal Scepter gains you about 300 SP more and no point to use only Val'anyr all the time.
    For example at PP, the raid receives damage almost all the time so you can use here Val'anyr on CD, but for example at LK, it doesn't matter to use it in the start for the first infest, because your disco priest will have enough time to manage with it, so you will want to keep it for 2nd on 3rd, then again in transition, then in second phase, and .... So all is personal judgment. This are just small examples.

2nd - Yea still applied this problem. I hope Warmane will fix it soon because it's really a small bonus for restoration shaman. But at least bonus critical is fixed. I mean even in 2xLHW you still to have Tidal Waves on you, bonus critical from 25% disappears from you after 2 casts of LHW. The bug affects over haste because after this 2 LHW casts you still can cast 1 faster HW what is really bonus and can save you in some special situations.
    It's good for swaps as mentioned. You won't want to use it on bosses like marrow ldw phase 1 gsb dbs ect but in those aoe fights you'll want it on. Like I mentioned in my druid guide on what I could dig up from retail it should be doing anywhere from 8%-3% of your healing for a shaman. Both my resto shamans in my retail guild had it and it was by far great for many fights but lacked the actual healing which should hold place over absorbs since all absorbs are guessed. When trauma gets fixed you'll want to swap to it instead more than likely. Absorbs only really shine with the 30% icc buff.

First 1234 ... Last