1. May 19, 2020  
    Selection TALENTS was updated with optimal talent tree for 25 man content as well as reconstructed and adding of some missing important elements in explanation.

Selection "BIS" GEAR was updated:
    1. Removing of some outdated items from the list
    2. Adding of 3 situational BIS setups.

Selection Enchants, Gems, Professions, Flask, Foods and etc. was updated with up-to-date information.

Selection 4 PARTS T10 BONUS was updated with up-to-date information as well as correcting the missing pictures of the logs.

Selection PLAYSTYLE AND TIPS was updated with up-to-date information.

Correcting of the URL links which help you to see animation of tooltip information of the spells/items/utilities when you overmouse it.

New selection BONUS (Coming soon...) - At the moment I and a friend of mine are working over releasing of "Advanced Restoration Shaman calculator (WotLK 3.3.5)". This calculator will include:

- All multipliers and modifiers from Optimal Talents (see selection TALENTS) are included into theorycrafted math formulas.
    - Option for enabling different healing, haste and critical modifiers like ICC buff, Tree of Life, Emerald Vigor (VDW stacks), Spell haste totem, Swift Retribution Aura, Improved Moonkin Form...and also different procs like Tidal Waves, Rapid Currents (2pT10), Ancestral Awakening, Chained Heal and etc.
    - Option for calculating of passing EHPS according to stats and modifiers which you bring in/enable.
    - Option for calculating of your casting time for CH, LHW and HW according to stats and modifiers you bring in/enable.
    - Calculator will work only with highest ranks of the spells (CH, LHW, HW, Riptide, ES, HST and Earthliving Weapon).
    - This calculator will work for now with only T10 bonuses with option for further updates and adding bonuses for Tier 7, 8 and 9.
    - This calculator will be on base Warmane script since there are slightly differences in spell power coefficients between Warmane and retail. For example we found that spell coefficient for Riptide HOT on Warmane is 18% while it should be 18.8% according to https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Spell_power_coefficient and Dr. Damage addon.

We are in process of testing all Spell Power coefficients of the spells + modifiers.

I hope in next weeks (till 1 month) this calculator to be released and ready for test!
    We will expect your feedback for possible bugs.
    Edited: June 10, 2020

2. May 24, 2020  
    Such an epic guide! Thank you for taking the time to provide all this information!
    I just hit level 80 with my shamman today. So far my main is Holy Paladin.
    Some quick questions:

1) Just like a Holy Paladin rarely plays the "raid healer" spot, why would a resto Shamman waste a whole glyph (LHW) and a GCD to heal a tank? I am picturing Marrowgar fight and I really can't imagine why would a Shamman bother to heal the tanks other than just keeping up ES + 10% buff. I give zero f**ks about Recount meters, so im asking purely for efficiency: Is it worth healing tanks when you know someone else is taking care of that? 99% of the time you will see 2 Hpalas in raid. The only scenario would be SindraHC where both palas get UM debuff so Shammans there have to heal the tank (or LK fight where hpalas get Defile or get grabbed by Valkyrs).

2) I have a log from a BQL25HC fight where I see that both of our rShammys used only 1 spell (CH) and nothing else. Can you tell me if this is good tactic? I mean, why dont they use Riptide for the T10 bonus? Or even better, why not use Riptide to buff their next CH +25% ? Do you think that going BiS gear makes you have so much haste that you dont seem to need that extra haste buff? And if yes, why would you still stick to the set bonus at all when there are some better items?

3) Does using HW glyph makes Ancestral Awakening proc on 2 people? (since im healing a target + myself).

Thank you in advance! Cant wait for more updates!

3. May 24, 2020  
    Such an epic guide! Thank you for taking the time to provide all this information!
    I just hit level 80 with my shamman today. So far my main is Holy Paladin.
    Some quick questions:

1) Just like a Holy Paladin rarely plays the "raid healer" spot, why would a resto Shamman waste a whole glyph (LHW) and a GCD to heal a tank? I am picturing Marrowgar fight and I really can't imagine why would a Shamman bother to heal the tanks other than just keeping up ES + 10% buff. I give zero f**ks about Recount meters, so im asking purely for efficiency: Is it worth healing tanks when you know someone else is taking care of that? 99% of the time you will see 2 Hpalas in raid. The only scenario would be SindraHC where both palas get UM debuff so Shammans there have to heal the tank (or LK fight where hpalas get Defile or get grabbed by Valkyrs).

2) I have a log from a BQL25HC fight where I see that both of our rShammys used only 1 spell (CH) and nothing else. Can you tell me if this is good tactic? I mean, why dont they use Riptide for the T10 bonus? Or even better, why not use Riptide to buff their next CH +25% ? Do you think that going BiS gear makes you have so much haste that you dont seem to need that extra haste buff? And if yes, why would you still stick to the set bonus at all when there are some better items?

3) Does using HW glyph makes Ancestral Awakening proc on 2 people? (since im healing a target + myself).

Thank you in advance! Cant wait for more updates!
    Hello and welcome to the thread!

1. I suggest you to read The Lich King selection (if you didn't) to understand how LHW interacts with shaman procs in general and why glyph of LHW plays big part on this encounter and especially on 0% buff. Glyphs choices rely mostly on the damage which happens during majority part of the encounter. While for 25 man CH and ES gives you the most effectiveness the 3rd glyph is always depended on AOE and hard Chain Heal or priority takes tank healing. According to my experience LHW is just a must for bosses like LK or Halion in order to be effective while for BQL, PP, SIndra and more AOE fights Earthliving is better choice. Even the usage of 2 holy paladins in the raid is not always 100% safety since there is factor movement and "disable by boss mechanic". Honestly I can't understand what exactly you have in mind with this question. "Is it worth healing tanks when you know someone else is taking care of that? 99% of the time you will see 2 Hpalas in raid" - Ofc it's worth if there is nothing else to heal. Using of spells inefficient or spamming of Chain Heal while it's 100% overheal just to use something is not the way to play shaman. In general everything comes with experience. With practice and repeating you will start to predict incoming damage and on what part of the raid to focus more. The personal healing strategy for every boss is the key to become more efficient.

2. Pure Chain Heal spam gives to the raid most consistent AOE healing corresponding to your casting time of Chain Heal. Riptide should be used but It's depended spell which should be used if someone gets spike damage and it's good always to keep 1 Riptide on tank or melee so you can use this 25% boost if shadow bolt(s) hit(s) melee sport since they can not spread so well as ranges. But this doesn't mean you have to use Riptide always on cooldown. Depends on situation. Healing is not dpsing. There is no "rotation".

3. No. Glyph of HW just works as a beacon on you which heals you for 20% of the amount healed with HW doesn't matter if you crit or not but you have to heal someone else. The glyph will not proc if you heal yourself with HW. The glyph does NOT double-dip with multipliers and modifiers and also the amount healed by glyph can NOT crit.
    Edited: May 24, 2020

4. May 24, 2020  
    Thanks for the reply! I'll wait for more updates!

5. June 6, 2020  
    Selection BONUS was updated:
    We put a lot of effort and time into the last 3 weeks but it's finally here - Advanced Restoration Shaman Calculator (WotLK) is now available for download!

6. June 9, 2020  
    Selection BONUS was updated:
    New version 1.1 - Fixed the issue with system memory leak while switching between Home and Calculator windows via HOME and TIER 10 buttons.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Future updates - At the moment we are working over releasing of new version which will include multipliers and modifiers by Tier 7, 8, 9 and Steamcaller's Totem.
    Edited: June 9, 2020

7. Selection BONUS was updated:
    New version 1.2 - Added multipliers and modifiers for Tier 7, 8, 9 and Steamcaller's Totem.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For now this is the final version of the program. If you have some ideas or suggestions for future updates or you find some kind of bugs and issues can PM me.
    Edited: June 11, 2020

8. http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=42599 is it better to use on tank healing encounters with LHW when fights go for 5 minutes or more?

9. http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=42599 is it better to use on tank healing encounters with LHW when fights go for 5 minutes or more?
    Overall its not better since it increases only LHW spell power. Still PvE totems are better cause they increase spell power of all source of healing which includes Earth Shield, Riptide and Healing Wave when it's about tank healing.

10. Selection BONUS was updated:
    New version 1.3 - Added (r)HPM (Healing per Mana)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last couple of days I worked over huge update of the guide:
    - Reconstruction: I put together some selections in one for more clarity
    - (r)HPS/(r)HPM: I added math formulas and explanations
    - I added Enchants on gear.
    Edited: June 26, 2021

11. Hello mister really good job on the guide i learned a lot from it, but i have 1 question you put Trauma on you Bis gear list. But on the actual builds u don't use it. Why is that?

12. The idea of the first items are possible equipment for Resto Shaman. Not everyone can donate or farm for Valanyr and there are still lots of guilds progressing through Lich King 25hc. The BiS setups bellow are the situational options in therms of what is the best...

...but you are right. The thing is Trauma is really bad for Resto Shaman. Even on full AOE bosses like BQL, Trauma is worth average of 2%. Even dagger from Bane is better as a 3rd option because of secondary stats.

Anyway Thank You for your feedback and I already fixed this. :)

13. Selection STATS was updated with submenu Crit into MP5S. I will try to include this into calculator as soon as I have free time for it.

14. what addon you use for unit nameplates?
    Edited: April 5, 2021

15. what addon you use for unit nameplates?
    Aloft but now I switched to Tidy Plates.

First ... 56789 ... Last