1. [Guide] Restoration Shaman PvE

INTRODUCE

Spoiler: Show
    What is this guide about?

Hello everyone! In this guide I'll try to give you some guidance, ideas, tips about shaman who will help you to become something more than just a decent player - to become something beautiful…This thread is primarily intended for Halion and ICC 25hc encounters, because more and more guilds started to farm 25 man heroic raids and 10 man raids are not a priority for any guild except for fun, achievements and for some specific items for some classes.

Something about me...

My experience on private server Warmane started about 9 years ago. As a new player in Warmane I had to learn a lot about classes, boss mechanics or generally for everything a good player needs to know. I met new people, friends, discussing new strategies about bosses, different classes, I personally had to test various items, gears, gems, spells and abilities and everything to improve my gameplay to change my main Restoration Shaman. Thanks to all my friends and colleagues who were with me during those 9 years in World of Warcraft. Special Thanks to guild Aftelight with whom we achieved various of the most difficult WotLK experience including LOD 0%, Speed Kills and etc. Some of my videos on WOTLK you can see on my YouTuBe channel - Rado Milchev.

What is Restoration Shaman?

Restoration is one of the three specialization talents, that helps you to heal. Without underestimating, with a hand on my heart I can say that Restoration Shaman is one of the best healer on the expansion Wrath of the Lich King. Restoration shaman is the only healer who theoretically and practically can replace any other class healer in their role. Restoration Shaman is equally strong in single, group and raid healing. This is thanks to his talents, abilities and spells which makes him the fastest reacting healer of all healing classes. Restoration Shaman gives unique raid buffs using totems and Bloodlust(Heroism). But for all that I’ll write in more detail below. Do not get me wrong. Each of the healer classes is extremely important because of their unique abilities, survival cooldowns and spells but when it comes to healing, Restoration Shaman is a bit higher. With experience you will understand that there is no impossible situation for shaman as a single healer.

STATS

Restoration shaman collects important for him stats which directly increasing productivity or help his mana survival.

1. Spell Power - As more you have more your spells will heal. Your main stats for increasing of amount of your healing spells. Please, read SPELLS, ABILITIES, TOTEMS, PROCS to see how Spell Power scales with healing.

2. Haste Raiting - Spell Haste reduces the global cooldown to as little as 1 second. No amount of haste including Bloodlust/Heroism will lower the global cooldown below 1 second. The soft haste cap for Resto Shaman is 1269 haste rating (38.7%). This is the amount of haste required to reduce cast time of your Lesser Healing Wave to 1s. (including Wrath of Air Totem and Improved Moonkin Form or Swift Retribution). 1% Spell Haste = 32.79 Haste Rating at Level 80. 1% haste means you will cast 1 additional spell in the time it would normally take to cast 100 spells. You do NOT cast 1% faster. With how much haste raiting you will play depends on you. Anyway, whatever playstyle you prefer, I do not advise you to stack haste raiting above 1400.

3. Critical Strike Raiting - Critical strike raiting not only increases your chance to critically hit with some of your healing spells but also increases your chance to return mana via Improved Water Shield talent, also increases your chance to proc your Ancestral Awakening talent and also improves your chance of procing 4pT10. This stats should come by gear. Do NOT gem for critical strike raiting.

4. Mana Regen (Mp5s) – Mp5s is good stats for mana return but with your progress and gearing, critical strike raiting will become a better stats for mana return than Mp5s. Anyway 400 - 500 mp5s while casting is good number. Some longer fights like Lich King and some mana intensive fights like Halion require even more, but the best option would be to replace some items with mp5s instead of gemming for it. Don’t gem Mp5s if you are with higher gear score. Low gear shamans will see more benefit by mp5s. It gives too little value and not worth wasting more important for you stats.

5. Intellect - Increases your mana capacity, Spell Power by Nature's Blessing as well as Spell critical strike chance (1% = 166.67 intellect). This stats should come by gear. Do NOT gem for Intellect.

TALENTS AND GLYPHS

Talents

Restoration shaman has a great selection of talents to help you in various encounters and who depend on your individual playstyle, skill and sense of what you and your raid have a need.
    Below I have given a picture of the optimal shaman talents for 25 man content with the most important talents that every shaman must have as well as explanation about them.

Here I have grouped these talents into 3 groups - the first on your mana survival, the second is on increasing the effect of healing spells and your total healing and 3rd is about cooldowns!

1. Mana Survival:

- Tidal Focus , Improved Water Shield , Mana Tide Totem and Improved Shields - Each shaman healer needs mana to heal. These are your main talents about direct mana return and mana survival. Some of them like Improved Water Shield work better with more critical strike raiting. In additional Improved Shields also increases the amount of healing of Earth Shield by 15%.

2. Healing Talents:

- Improved Healing Wave and Healing Way - reduce the BASE cast time of your Healing Wave spell by 0.5 sec and increase the amount healed by it by 25%. Healing Wave spell as your strongest single target spell needs more efficiency. These 2 talents directly increase productivity by Healing Wave.

- Tidal Mastery , Thundering Strikes and Blessing of the Eternals - increase your critical chance by total 14%. More critical strike raiting directly increases productivity of your healing spells, as well as helping for better mana return via Improved Water Shield and as well as helping for better proc of Ancestral Awakening. Blessing of the Eternals also increases your chance to apply the Earthliving HOT effect on the target by 80% when they are at or under 35% of total health.
    NOTE! - Tidal Mastery increases your critical strike chance by 5%. You can NOT see this modfier on your in-game character sheet which means that your real critical strike chance = X% + 5%.

- Improved Chain Heal - increases the amount healed by your Chain Heal by 20%. Chain Heal as your main AOE healing spell needs more productivity.

- Purification and Nature's Blessing - increase directly your amount of healing by Spell Power and increase the effectiveness of your spells by total 10% more.

- Ancestral Awakening - Your “double healing” talent. It comes as “Sun Ray” in 10 man raids and 25 man raids too. When you critically heal with some of your single target spells you instantly heal the lowest percentage member by 30% of the amount healed. As more critical strike raiting you have, more will benefit this talent.

- Tidal Waves - This is your best talent that makes you the most flexible and most reactive healer. This talent also with 2pT10 too helps you to switch easy from group to single target healing and inverse. Also this talent increases spell power coefficient of your Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave by 10 and 20%.

- Ancestral Knowledge - increases your Intellect by 10%. This talent increases also your mana capacity, your critical strike raiting and your spell power via Nature's Blessing talent.

- Healing Focus - reduces the pushback suffered from direct damaging attacks while casting spells by 70%. In simple words, it removes those +0.2, + 0.3s. which gives you more to complete your cast time. The other 30% comes by Concentration Aura of Paladin. This talent passively increases your haste raiting and is simply a must. THIS IS PvE TALENT!!!

- Improved Earth Shield - increases the healing done of Earth Shield by 10% as well as providing the shield by 2 additional stacks (total 8).

- Restorative Totems - increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 45%.

- Cleanse Spirit - allows you to remove extra curse effect.
    It's a must talent for dispelling debuffs like Curse of Torpor, Fiery Combustion or Soul Consumption

3. Cooldowns:

- Tidal Force - Very good and useful cooldown for burst healing or in some situations where you need to react quickly such as HOT people before Ice Tombs on Sindragosa encounter with the help of 4pT10 bonus set. Tidal Force gives you a better chance to proc your Ancestral Awakening talent. Of course these are just small examples of how Tidal Force works, but when and how to use it depends on you.

- Nature's Swiftness - makes your next Lesser Healing Wave, Healing Wave or Chain Heal instant cast. It’s very good cooldown for burst healing and in extremely urgent situation to prevent some member from death.

- Ancestral Healing - decreases uptake of physical damage by 10% when you critically hit with some of your healing spells. Because the talent works only for physical damage, Tanks will see more benefit by it. This small cooldown for them comes very well in fights where they gonna suffer by more physical damage (Lich King).

NOTE! - As you can see all talents are interrelated and each of them contributes to some extent to increase the effect of other talents and total healing.

Why NOT Elemental Weapons - gives you just 45 spell power more and nothing else. Throwing 3 points away for those 45 Spell Power is simple waste of talent points!

Glyphs

Restoration Shaman has a great selection and a set of glyphs that will help you through the various fights and who most depend on your style of play.

1. Glyph of Chain Heal - Your main glyph. It works well for 25 man raids and less for 10 man raids but why? - because on 10 man raids most encounters require spreading and harder you will hit 4 members at once.

2. Glyph of Healing Wave - "Defensive cooldown" glyph. Imagine that you have always Beacon of Light on you.

3. Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave - The best glyph for encounters where Tank(s) get more damage. As more spell power you have more your Lesser Healing Wave will heal.

4. Glyph of Earthliving Weapon - increases the chance for triggering of your Earthliving HOT by 5%. Good for AOE fights like Rotface, BQL, Sindragosa, Halion in shadow realm and more. Good for almost all encounters.

5. Glyph of Water Mastery - increases your mana regeneration by 30 Mp5s by Water Shield. Good for low gear shamans only.

6. Glyph of Healing Stream Totem - Good for 10 man content mostly.

7. Glyph of Earth Shield - Second best glyph for Tank(s) healing.

8. Glyph of Riptide - Mostly for 5 man Dungeons and PVP.

9. Glyph of Water Shield - This is the only Minor Glyph where is important for you. It increases the number of charges on your Water Shield by 1.

In reality for 25 man content 2 of the most useful glyphs are Glyph of Chain Heal and Glyph of Earth Shield. As a 3rd major glyph depends mostly on whether the fight requires more AOE or Tank healing - Glyph of Earthliving Weapon or Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave.

SPELLS, ABILITIES, TOTEMS, PROCS

Restoration Shaman has great inventory of abilities and procs which helps him to manage with different situations in healing and also provide the raid with unique buffs. In this selection I have written about all healing spells, the following procs by them, how they scale with stats, math formulas, HPS, eHPS, HPM and etc...

HPS, eHPS and HPM

HPS (Healing per Second) is determined by how much you healed your party/raid/self. HPS counts for pure healing done or actually the number which you see on your healing Recounts, Skadas and etc. Since every raid performance differ from each other this number is not constant for each boss and every raid. There are many factors which play into account but 2 of the most important are:

1. The number of healers in the raid and their skill and reactions to heal
    2. Raid members factor for self-preventing from damage aka whether raid will get unnecessary damage or not.

Because of this there is no real math behind true HPS calculation and that's why it's turn of...

...eHPS (effective Healing per Second) is determined by maximum potential of how much your spells and abilities are capable to heal your party/raid/self. eHPS takes into account your healing done as well as overhealing and other factors to determine your overall healing performance.
    Because of this there is actual math behind eHPS calculation and this is what is used for theorycrafting of possible stats and overall gear which to give you maximum performance on different encounters according to most used spells and abilities.

NOTE! - In the end neither of HPS or eHPS are perfect, but both are ways to help effectively judge one's participation in a fight.

When we speak about calculating of eHPS of different healing spells/procs/abilities there are 4 factors which come into account:

1. Amount of heal - depends on amount of spell power, spell power coefficient for the spell, base healing of the spell and multipliers/modifiers by talents or additional buffs.
    2. Cast Time or Cooldown - depends on amount of haste raiting and multipliers/modifiers by talents and buffs which determine your overall spell haste as well as cooldown of the spell.
    3. Chance to Crit - depends on your overal critical strike chance and the multiplier for critical hit which for Restoration Shaman is * 1.5 of the normal hit. Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond increases this multiplier to * 1.545 (1.5 * 1.03). This is important cause it has to be taken into account for eHPS and HPM formulas in case you use this metagem.
    4. Chance for procing - depends on talents and the way this proc works.

HPM (Healing per Mana) is determined by how much you healed your party/raid/self per 1 mana point spended. Depends on the factors which I mentioned above and the mana cost of the spell.

Chain Heal

Chain Heal is your main AOE healing spell.

Spell Power Coefficient for intial target - 1.342

Average Base Healing for initial target - (1055 + 1205) / 2 = 1130

Multipliers by Talents - 1.32
    Thanks to Purification and Improved Chain Heal talents - 1.1 * 1.2 = 1.32

NOTE! - This multiplier can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura for example. Then we have 1.32 * 1.3 * 1.06 = 1.8876.

Average Target1 (initial target) Heal = [(1.342 * SP) + 1130] * 1.32

Because the heal is reduced on each jump by 40%, we have for Target2 = Target1 - (Target1 * 0.4) = Target1 * 0.6. In same way we can calculate for Target3 and Target4 (Glyph of Chain Heal). Or:

Target1 = [(1.342 * SP) + 1130] * 1.32
    Target2 = {[(1.342 * SP) + 1130] * 1.32} * 0.6
    Target3 = {[(1.342 * SP) + 1130] * 1.32} * 0.36
    Target4 = {[(1.342 * SP) * 1130] * 1.32} * 0.216

eHPS = [Target1 + Target2 + Target3 + Target4] * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.4

In order to calculate average HPM we have to take into account also Improved Water Shield talent (which thanks to Improved Shields talent also) has a 30% chance on crit to return 492 Mana.

HPM = {[Target1 + Target2 + Target3 + Target4] * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)]} / [793 - (Crit% * 492 * 4 * 0.3 / 100 )] or:

HPM = {[Target1 + Target2 + Target3 + Target4] * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)]} / [793 - (Crit% * 5.904)]

NOTE! - About calcualting of Chain Heal's eHPS and HPM we don't take into account additional procs like Chained Heal or Earthliving but just the pure average healing done by Chain Heal.
    Crit% - Has max cap of 100%. The formulas should NOT scale with critical value over 100%.
    Haste% - See HASTE VALUES, MULTIPLICITY AND CASTING TIME how to calculate it. Because Chain Heal requires 150% spell haste in order to drop the cast time to 1 sec, eHPS formula should NOT scale past this value. The thing is having spell haste over 150% will still limit you in throwing Chain Heals once per second because of 1 sec GCD. While it's hard to reach this high spell haste value for Chain Heal even with all buffs and haste procs, I have to point this out because there are spells like Lesser Healing Wave for example where reaching 1 sec cast time and less is easy.

4 Parts Tier 10 (Chained Heal)

Chain Heal HOT (Chained Heal) includes overhealing into the value calculation. So even if your Chain Heal crit is pure overheal with not one bit of effective healing, you’ll still have the HOT applied. Chained Heal ticks at 6, 3 and 0 seconds remaining (after an initial application lag) and it is additive with other active Chain Heal HOTs on the target.
    Because Chained Heal ticks on each 6, 3 and 0 seconds remaining, the first example applies to stacking of several Chain Heal crits on same target (in my example they are 3) before we give a chance to first Chain Heal HOT to apply on that target. In this case Chained Heals by it over-stack and refresh the timer for the first one.

On the picture above you can see that I had 3 critical hits by Chain Heal with amounts 12327, 12342 and 12273 and slightly down you can see the total HOT by these Chain Heals, which is 3077.

The math's calculation to test if this value is correct is simple:

[(12327 + 12342 + 12273) * 0.25] / 3 ~ 3077. Considering that the multiplication and division of integer numbers sometimes brings to irrational numbers, our values will always have a deviation by ~ + - 1, 2.

With this example, I used again 3 Chain Heal crits, but this time I waited the first HOT by it to apply on the target, before to cast next Chain Heal.

For first we have (12249 * 0.25) / 3 ~ 1020, which is the HOT after the first Chain Heal.

For the second we have [(12265 * 0.25) - 1020)] / 3 ~ 682, which is the additional HOT increasing after the second Chain Heal. Then we have:

1020 + 682 = 1702, which is the total HOT applied on the target after the second Chain Heal.

For the third we have [(12142 * 0.25) - 1702] / 3 ~ 443, which is the additional HOT increasing after the third Chain Heal. Then we have:

1702 + 443 = 2145, which is the total HOT applied on the target after the all 3 Chain Heal and the value, which you can see on the end of the log.

eHPS (Chained Heal) = [Target1 + Target2 + Target3 + Target4] * [Crit% / 100 * 1.5] * [1 + Haste% / 100] * 0.01111

NOTE! - Chained Heal does NOT double-dip with additional healing multipliers. Possible stacking of Chained Heal by some of the methods described above on same target is NOT taken into eHPS formula for Chained Heal.

This is a great tier bonus and you will benefit much more on AOE fights like Lord Marrowgar (Bone Storm), Lady Deathwhisper (mostly in second phase), Festergut, Rotface, Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, Lich King (mostly in transition phase and Frostmourne) and Halion (in Shadow Realm). My experience in ICC and RS encounters shows that 4pT10 is worth from 3, 4% to up to 10-11% by your total healing done depend on the encounter.

Healing Wave

Healing Wave is your strongest single target healing spell.

Spell Power Coefficient - 1.811
    Thanks to Tidal Waves talent - 1.611 + 0.2 = 1.811

Average Base Healing - (3034 + 3466) / 2 = 3250

Multipliers by Talents - 1.375
    Thanks to Purification and Healing Way talents - 1.1 * 1.25 = 1.375

NOTE! - This multiplier can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura for example. Then we have 1.375 * 1.3 * 1.06 = 1.89475.

Average HW HIT = [(1.811 * SP) + 3250] * 1.375

eHPS = HW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.4

eHPS (with Tidal Waves) = HW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.57143

In order to calculate average HPM we have to take into account also Improved Water Shield talent (which thanks to Improved Shields talent also) has a 100% chance on crit to return 492 Mana.

HPM = HW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] / [1044 - (Crit% * 492 / 100)] or:

HPM = HW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] / [1044 - (Crit% * 4.92)]

NOTE! - About calcualting of Healing Waves's eHPS and HPM we don't take into account additional procs like Ancestral Awakening, Earthliving or Glyph of Healing Wave but just the pure average healing done by Healing Wave.
    Crit% - Has max cap of 100%. The formulas should NOT scale with critical value over 100%.
    Haste% - See HASTE VALUES, MULTIPLICITY AND CASTING TIME how to calculate it. Because Healing Wave requires 150% spell haste in order to drop the cast time to 1 sec, eHPS formula should NOT scale past this value. The thing is having spell haste over 150% will still limit you in throwing Healing Waves once per second because of 1 sec GCD.
    Tidal Waves buff reduces the requirement for 1 sec cast time of Healing Wave to 75% spell haste.

Lesser Healing Wave

Lesser Healing Wave is your fastest single target healing spell with decent amount of healing.

Spell Power Coefficient - 0.906
    Thanks to Tidal Waves talent - 0.806 + 0.1 = 0.906

Average Base Healing - (1624 + 1852) / 2 = 1738

Multipliers by Talents - 1.1
    Thanks to Purification talent

NOTE! - This multiplier can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura for example. Then we have 1.1 * 1.3 * 1.06 = 1.5158.

Average LHW HIT = [(0.906 * SP) + 1738] * 1.1

eHPS = LHW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.6667

In order to calculate average HPM we have to take into account also Improved Water Shield talent (which thanks to Improved Shields talent also) has a 60% chance on crit to return 492 Mana.

HPM = LHW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] / [626 - (Crit% * 492 * 0.6 / 100 )] or:

HPM = LHW HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] / [626 - (Crit% * 2.952 )]

NOTE! - About calcualting of Lesser Healing Waves's eHPS and HPM we don't take into account additional procs like Ancestral Awakening or Earthliving but just the pure average healing done by Lesser Healing Wave.
    Haste% - See HASTE VALUES, MULTIPLICITY AND CASTING TIME how to calculate it. Because Lesser Healing Wave requires 50% spell haste in order to drop the cast time to 1 sec, eHPS formula should NOT scale past this value. The thing is having spell haste over 50% will still limit you in throwing Lesser Healing Waves once per second because of 1 sec GCD.

Riptide

Riptide is your only instant healing spell.

Spell Power Coefficient (initial heal) - 0.402
    Spell Power Coefficient (HOT per tick) - 0.18

Average Base Healing (initial heal) - (1604 + 1736) / 2 = 1670
    Base Healing (HOT per tick) - 334

NOTE! - This multiplier for intial and HOT healing can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura for example. Then we have 1.1 * 1.3 * 1.06 = 1.5158.

Average Rip HIT (initial) = [(0.402 * SP) + 1670] * 1.1
    Average Rip TICK (HOT) = [(0.18 * SP) + 334] * 1.1

There are several formulas to determine average eHPS of Riptide depends on how you gonna use it:

eHPS (for 1 Riptide) = {Rip HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] + [5 * Rip TICK]} / 15

eHPS (spamming Riptide on 1 target) = {Rip HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] + [2 * Rip TICK]} / 6

eHPS (spamming Riptides on different targets) = {Rip HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] + [5 * Rip TICK]} / 6

In order to calculate average HPM we have to take into account also Improved Water Shield talent (which thanks to Improved Shields talent also) has a 100% chance on crit to return 492 Mana.

HPM = {Rip HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] + [5 * Rip TICK]} / [751 - (Crit% * 492 / 100 )] or:

HPM = {Rip HIT * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] + [5 * Rip TICK]} / [751 - (Crit% * 4.92 )]

NOTE! - About calcualting of Riptides's eHPS and HPM we don't take into account additional procs like Ancestral Awakening or Earthliving but just the pure average healing done by Riptide and its HOT.
    Crit% - Has max cap of 100%. The formulas should NOT scale with critical value over 100%. In additional the Riptide's HOT can NOT crit.
    Glyph of Riptide increases the number of ticks from 5 to 7 as well as duration from 15 to 21 sec. The use of this glyph changes significant eHPS and HPM formulas but because this glyph is garbage for PVE, I don't think to bother you with additional information.

Earth Shield

Earth Shield is incredible ability for additional free healing. Mostly used on Main Tank.

Spell Power Coefficient (per tick) - 0.538

Base Healing (per Tick) - 337

Multipliers by Talents - 1.3915
    Thanks to Purification, Improved Shields and Improved Earth Shield talents - 1.1 * 1.15 * 1.1 = 1.3915

NOTE! - This multiplier can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura and Glyph of Earth Shield for example. Then we have 1.3915 * 1.3 * 1.06 * 1.2 = 2.3.

ES TICK = [(0.538 * SP) + 337] * 1.3915

Earth Shield procs approximately 14 times per minute thus we can easly calculate eHPS:

eHPS = {ES TICK * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)]} / 4.28

HPM = ES TICK * [Crtit% / 100 * 1.5 + (1 - Crit% / 100)] * 8 / 626

NOTE! - Crit% - Has max cap of 100%. The formulas should NOT scale with critical value over 100%.

Healing Stream Totem

Healing Stream Totem gives small healing as a HOT. Actually Healing Stream Totem has a chance to heal up to 7 members (party + 2 most injured raid members). This is your choice for using of Water Totem.

Spell Power Coefficient (per tick) - 0.0827

Base Healing (per Tick) - 25

Multipliers by Talents - 1.595
    Thanks to Purification and Restorative Totems talents we have 1.1 * 1.45 = 1.595

NOTE! - This multiplier can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura and Glyph of Healing Stream Totem for example. Then we have 1.595 * 1.3 * 1.06 * 1.2 = 2.637492.

HST TICK = [(0.0827 * SP) + 25] * 1.595

Healing Stream Totem ticks each 2 sec thus we have:

eHPS (for 1 target) = HST TICK / 2

HPM (for 1 target) = HST TICK * 150 / 131

NOTE! - Healing Stream Totem can NOT crit. In additional it's really hard to determine exactly HPM of Healing Stream Totem because you never gonna get use of full 5 min duration before to recast it again or before the end of the fight. HPM formula shows the optimal theoretical and possible scenario for Healing Stream Totem.

Ancestral Awakening

Before to go into posting of a different mathematical equations, logs and explanations, first I have explained to you what actually is wrong with Ancestral Awakening on Warmane. But first...

...a little background: Ancestral Awakening is a talent which Blizzard added with Patch 3.0.2 on October 14, 2008.
    Somewhat later on April 14th, 2009 with the release of Patch 3.1.0, Blizzard announced that Ancestral Awakening will now account and proc by completely or partially overhealed spells by 30% of full amount of the spell.

Retail Vs Warmane

Over time, the WoW Community discovered that Ancestral Awakening gets benefit also by Purification talent which increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 10% (something like "double-dipping") which contributed to the multiplication and increasing of these 30% by another 10% for total 33% (0.3 * 1.1 = 0.33).
    In reply, instead of fixing their problem with Ancestral Awakening and Purification, Blizzard decided to decrease the percent amount of how Ancestral Awakening has worked to 27% proc by amount of healed spell and that was a way to fix the problem till the end of WotLK expansion. I found somewhere in retail forums that people said, Blizzard actually fixed this with some patch of Cataclysm and the new Restoration Shaman talent Spark of Life which actually replaced the old Purification.

Anyway, being the new "nerf" of Ancestral Awakening to 27% the real coefficient of how it has ever worked with Purification is:

0.27 * 1.1 = 0.297

...or in actual fact, Ancestral Awakening has proced for 29.7% of the amount healed.

The picture below is Log of Method's Restoration Shaman Gatina in RS 25HC. The log is from September 1st, 2010.

Critical hit by Lesser Healing Wave with amount 10308 triggered a proc of Ancestral Awakening with amount 3245...and considering that the raid is affected by +6% healing by Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura we have:

10308 * 0.297 * 1.06 = 3245

How actually Ancestral Awakening does work on Warmane? - The same as retail with the difference that Ancestral Awakening is not nerfed to 27% but instead the full amount of 30%. So the real coefficient of how it does work on Warmane is:

0.3 * 1.1 = 0.33

...or in actual fact, Ancestral Awakening does proc for 33% of the amount healed.

Watching the log below

Critical hit by Healing Wave with amount 19008 triggered a proc of Ancestral Awakening with amount 6272.

19008 * 0.33 = 6272

Ancestral Awakening double-dipps with healing buffs

Ancestral Awakening also benefits by abilities and buffs which directly increase healing done or healing receiving by X%. This also counts the 30% ICC buff.

Speaking about normal raid composition being that we will have benefit by Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura buffs and also by 30% ICC buff, our real coefficient of how Ancestral Awakening does proc changes:

- With 30% ICC buff - 0.33 * 1.3 = 0.429
    - With 30% ICC buff and 6% by Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura - 0.429 * 1.06 = 0.45474

The picture below is my Log on DBS 25HC's encounter.

Critical hit by Lesser Healing Wave with amount 16656 triggered proc of Ancestral Awakening with amount 7572:

16656 * 0.45474 ~ 7572

Valithria Dreamwalker and the power of double-dipping

As You noticed slightly above, Ancestral Awakening benefits by buffs which directly increase healing done or healing receiving by X%. This is NO exception for VDW encounter and the orbs (Emerald Vigor (Normal Mode) and Twisted Nightmares (Heroic Mode)) which you gather inside the room. This actually contibutes to the so-called "double-dipping" because once the bonus healing by the stacks applies to your healing spells and second time it applies to Ancestral Awakening that does proc by your healing spells. One interesitng fact is actually how Tree of Life and Improved Devotion Aura do work here. These buffs do NOT stack but while Tree of Life increases the healing receiving by 6% on the targets affected by it, Improved Devotion Aura increases directly the healing done of the caster while he is affected by any Paladin's aura by 6%. While Tree of Life and Improved Devotion Aura have same effect, Valithria Dreamwalker is not part of the raid and she can NOT be affected by Tree of Life buff but she will receive +6% bonus healing by Improved Devotion Aura.

At some point during VDW's encounter Ancestral Awakening begins to outheal the actuall healing spell that triggered it...if we really think about it at first, it sounds really illogical, but like any other thing, and that has a logical explanation that I'm thinking of.
    We know that every stack by Emerald Vigor (Twisted Nightmares) incsreases healing done by 10%:

X = the number of stacks we have at any given time of the encounter.
    The healing multiplier is equal to (1 + X / 10)

Y = the amount healed of critically hited Lesser Healing Wave/Healing Wave/Riptide that is affected also by 30% ICC buff and 6% healing bonus by Improved Devotion Aura

Z = Ancestral Awakening proc by Y with number of stacks X.

and taking the coefficients which we calculated above we can form the mathematical equation

Z = Y * 0.45474 * (1 + X / 10) => Z = 0.45474 * Y + 0.045474 * Y * X

While giving different values for X we can easily find that if X = 12 or more stacks, Z will outheal Y:

Z = 0.45474 * Y + 0.045474 * Y * 12 => Z = 1.000428 * Y

The picture below is my Log on VDW 25HC's encounter while I have been collecting 19 stacks by Twisted Nightmares.

critical hit by Healing Wave with amount 99043 triggered proc of Ancestral Awakening with amount 130862:

Z = 0.45474 * 99043 + 0.045474 * 99043 * 19 => Z ~ 130862.

NOTE! - In an identical way You can calculate and make a mathematical equation if Valithria Dreamwalker is affected by Guardian Spirit.

Ancestral Awakening eHPS

eHPS (by Healing Wave) = HW HIT * Crit% / 100 * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.198 (0.204 with Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond)

eHPS (by Healing Wave with Tidal Waves) = HW HIT * Crit% / 100 * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.28286 (0.29135 with Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond)

eHPS (by Lesser Healing Wave) = LHW HIT * Crit% / 100 * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.33 (0.34 with Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond)

eHPS (by Riptide) = Rip HIT * Crit% / 600 * 0.495 (0.51 with Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond)

NOTE! - As I already mentioned above Ancestral Awakening double-dip with additional multipliers. In order to calculate correct average eHPS for Ancestral Awakening you have to double multiply with the new multiplier(s).

Example - Let's take the formula for eHPS of Ancestral Awakening by Lesser Healing Wave and assume that we are affected by 30% ICC Buff. Then we have:

eHPS (by Lesser Healing Wave) = LHW HIT * Crit% / 100 * (1 + Haste% / 100) * 0.33 * 1.3 * 1.3

Haste% - See HASTE VALUES, MULTIPLICITY AND CASTING TIME how to calculate it. Because Healing Wave requires 150% spell haste in order to drop the cast time to 1 sec, eHPS formula for Ancestral Awakening should NOT scale past this value. The thing is having spell haste over 150% will still limit you in throwing Healing Waves once per second because of 1 sec GCD. Tidal Waves buff reduces the requirement for 1 sec casting time of Healing Wave to 75% spell haste. For Lesser Healing Wave the cap for spell haste for 1 sec casting time is 50%.
    In order to see how to calculate HW HIT, LHW HIT and Rip HIT please read the corresponding selection for the spell.

Earthliving

Eartliving is HOT which can proc only by Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Lesser Healing Wave and Riptide initial heals.
    Chained Heal, Earth Shield, Healing Stream Totem, Riptide HOT or Ancestral Awakening can NOT proc Earthliving.

Spell Power Coefficient (per tick) - 0.1692

Base Healing (per tick) - 163

NOTE! - This multiplier for Earthliving tick can be farther increased by additional buffs like ICC buff, Tree of Life or Improved Devotion Aura for example. Then we have 1.1 * 1.3 * 1.06 = 1.5158.

Average EL TICK = [(0.1692 * SP) + 163] * 1.1

Earthliving has 20% (25% with Glyph of Earthliving Weapon) chance to proc and also it does tick 4 times over 12 sec. We actually can calculate average eHPS but I think it will be more precisely to calculate the chance for Earthliving to do heal per cast:

Average Earthliving healing per proc by Chain Heal cast = EL TICK * 3.2 (4 with Glyph of Earthliving Weapon)

Average Earthliving healing per proc by Healing Wave, Lesser Healing Wave or Riptide cast = EL TICK * 0.8 (1 with Glyph of Earthliving Weapon)

NOTE! - Earthliving can NOT crit.

Other Abilities and Totems

1. Water Shield - increases your mana regeneration. The best ability for mana return by Improved Water Shield talent.

2. Wind Shear - This spell not only interrupt cast but also reduces your total threat by 5% per use.

3. Purge - removes 2 beneficial magic effects from your enemy target.

4. Bloodlust / Heroism - increases your melee, ranged or spell casting speed of all party or raid members by 30%

5. Strength of Earth Totem – increases the strength and agility of all party or raid members within 30 yards.

6. Stoneskin Totem – increases the armor of all party or raid members within 30 yards.

7. Flametongue Totem – increases the Spell Power of all party or raid members within 30 yards.

8. Fire Resistance Totem , Frost Resistance Totem and Nature Resistance Totem – Your magic spell resistant totems. They increase the frost, fire and nature resistance of all party or raid members within 30 yards.

9. Cleansing Totem – removes 1 poison and 1 disease effect from all party and raid members within 30 yards every 3 sec.

10. Mana Spring Totem – increases the mana regeneration of all party or raid members within 30 yards.

11. Mana Tide Totem – Your main totem and strongest cooldown for mana return. It also returns mana to all group members within 30 yards.

12. Wrath of Air Totem and Windfury Totem – increase your spell casting or melee speed of all party or raid members within 30 yards.

13. Earthbind Totem and Tremor Totem – Your in-case totems. Good in situations at BQL encounter to remove fair effect before Air phase or at Lich King encounter to slow Vile Spirits when they are on the ground.

HASTE VALUES, MULTIPLICITY AND CASTING TIME

Speaking about World of Warcraft there exist 2 types of increasing spell haste values:

1. Increases haste raiting by X.
    2. Increases cast speed or spell haste by X%.

Both definitions have different meanings:

Haste raiting into Spell Haste

In the first case we directly add some amount of haste raiting into our current haste raiting value

On the picture above you see that my primary haste raiting is 1369 which is equal to 41.75% spell haste. Cause 1% spell haste = 32.79 haste raiting at level 80:

1369 / 32.79 = 41.75%

After adding of 500 haste raiting value I got total of 1869 haste raiting which is equal to 57% spell haste. It's easy to calculate:

(500/32.79)% + 41.75% = 57.00%

Increasing Spell Haste by X%

In the second case we increase our current Haste% spell haste by X% spell haste which is a bit different from computing point of view. Somewhere around Internet you will probably read something like:

"In most raids (10 and 25), you will have a total of 8.15% this is before gearing and item procs. 5% from Wrath of Air Totem and 3% from either Improved Moonkin Form or Swift Retribution. Now you might be asking how 5%+3% = 8.15%. Haste is a multiplicative effect, which means each factor that does stack compounds the total rather than simply add to it. An increase in an ability by X% is equal to multiplying the current modifier (which begins at 1.0) by (1 + X%/100)"

As you can see on the picture above, standard Blizzard UI doesn't show you the scaled haste speed by Wrath of Air Totem and on both images you see same amount of 41.75% spell haste even after the use of Wrath of Air Totem. Blizzard fixed this mistake with Cataclysm expansion but here we are writing about Wrath of the Lich King. Cause of that you have to figure this out.

So, ... How 5% + 3% = 8.15%

Let's say we have:

A = our primary amount of spell haste (which is 5%)
    B = our amount of spell haste with which we want to increase A (which is 3%)
    M = Multiplier of B = (1 + B/100)
    C = our final amount of haste (which we want to find)

So to calcualte it we need to look at equation C = A * M + B or we have:

C = A * (1 + B/100) + B => 5 * (1 + 3/100) + 3 => C = 8.15%

In this way let me figure out for my shaman's picture above with how much Wrath of the Air Totem is increasing my haste value:

A = 41.75%
    B = 5%
    M = 1 + 5/100 = 1.05

So we have: 41.75 * 1.05 + 5 => C = 48.84%

NOTE! - Shaman with primary spell haste of 41.75% will increase it to 48.84% under effect of Wrath of Air Totem. Although Multiplier of supplementary haste is always constant value cause it doesn't affect on how much primary haste you have, the total multiplier for your primary haste is influenced by amount of your primary haste or simply put - the more primary haste A you have, the more haste value C - (A + B) will be added at the same supplementary amount of haste B.

In the same way we can calculate for Wrath of Air Totem + Moonkin Aura. We already figured out that both buffs are giving us total 8.15% spell haste so we have:

C = 41.75 * (1 + 8.15/100) + 8.15 = 53.30%

NOTE! - In the same way you can calculate how much A% by haste raiting you need to reach some specific value C% under different spell haste effects.

Haste Caps

Something very important which everyone should know is:

1. Every spell in this game with base cast time of 1.5 sec requires 50% spell haste to drop it to 1 sec cast time. In Resto Shaman's case it's Lesser Healing Wave.
    2. Every spell in this game with base cast time of 2.5 sec requires 150% spell haste to drop it to 1 sec cast time. In Resto Shaman's case it's Chain Heal and Healing Wave.

Bearing in mind that in most of the raids you will gain effects of Moonkin Aura or Swift Retribution Aura and Wrath of Air Totem and using the equation above, It's not hard to figure out that in normal situation in case one we need just 38.70% (1269) by haste raiting and in case 2 we need 131.16% (4300) by haste raiting which is unreachable value with none gear. Also with the use of equation above we can found some additional "haste caps" for Resto Shaman because we know how to calculate ...

...Cast Time

Cast Time = X / (1 + Haste% / 100), where:

X = Base Cast Time of the spell.
    For Chain Heal and Healing Wave (Thanks to Improved Healing Wave) is 2.5 sec, while for Lesser Healing Wave is 1.5 sec.

Haste% = Your total spell haste (read Haste raiting into Spell Haste and Increasing Spell Haste by X% to understand how to calculate it).

Tidal Waves

One of the effects of Tidal Waves is to lower the cast time of Healing Wave by 30%.
    The common misconception is that Tidal Waves increases your cast speed by 30% as a direct multiplier of your spell haste. Actually Tidal Waves takes your current cast time and reduces it by 30%. Or:

New Cast Time = Current Cast Time - (Current Cast Time * 0.3) or:
    New Cast Time = Current Cast Time * 0.7

Because Base cast time of Healing Wave is 2.5 sec, for final formula we have:

Cast Time = 175 / (Haste% + 100)

NOTE! - Similarly you can found the haste raiting value which you need for 1s Chain Heal under Bloodlust only or Bloodlust + Rapid Currents, for 1s Healing Wave under Bloodlust or Bloodlust + Tidal Waves or Bloodlust + Tidal Waves + Rapid Currents and etc.

GEAR, ENCHANTS, GEMS, PROFESSIONS, CONSUMABLES

Gear
    Restoration Shaman does NOT use only one BiS gear. Here I will give you list of the most useful and frequently used items each of them can be your BiS depending on your playstyle and type of encounter.

1. Head
    - Sanctified Frost Witch's Headpiece - EOF Reward
    2. Shoulder
    - Sanctified Frost Witch's Spaulders - EOF Reward
    - Horrific Flesh Epaulets - Festergut 25HC
    3. Chest
    - Sanctified Frost Witch's Tunic - EOF Reward
    4. Legs
    - Sanctified Frost Witch's Legguards - EOF Reward
    - Rippling Flesh Kilt - PP 10HC
    5. Hands
    - Unclean Surgical Gloves - Festergut 25HC
    - Changeling Gloves - Halion 10HC
    6. Back
    - Cloak of Burning Dusk - Halion 25HC
    7. Wrist
    - Phaseshifter's Bracers - Halion 25HC
    - Bracers of Fiery Night - Halion 25HC
    8. WAIST
    - Split Shape Belt - Halion 25HC
    9. Feet
    - Plague Scientist's Boots - Festergut 25HC
    10. Neck
    - Blood Queen's Crimson Choker - BQL 25HC
    11. Fingers
    - Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom - Reputation Reward
    - Ring of Rapid Ascent - Gunship Battle 25HC
    - Ring of Phased Regeneration - Halion 25HC
    12. Trinkets
    - Glowing Twilight Scale - Halion 25HC
    - Solace of the Fallen HC - Lord Jaraxxus 25HC
    - Solace of the Fallen N - Lord Jaraxxus 25N
    - Althor's Abacus - Gunship Battle 25HC
    - Talisman of Resurgence - EOT Reward (useful for VDW only)
    13. Relic
    - Totem of the Surging Sea - EOF Reward
    - Totem of Calming Tides - EOT Reward
    14. Shield
    - Bulwark of Smouldering Steel - Lord Marrowgar 25HC
    15. Weapon
    - Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings - Quest Reward
    - Royal Scepter of Terenas II - Lich King 25HC
    - Trauma - Rotface 25HC

Below I will give 2 BIS situational setups on base at both extremes...
    - Max throughput for fast encounters where mana regen and longevity is not an issue
    - Opposite side of setup where mana regen has more priority for bosses like Lich King and Halion.

NOTE! - Mixing of items between both setups is preferable option in terms to achieve the optimal setup depends on the encounter!

- Max Throughput:
    Head - Sanctified Frost Witch's Headpiece
    Shoulder - Sanctified Frost Witch's Spaulders
    Chest - Sanctified Frost Witch's Tunic
    Legs - Sanctified Frost Witch's Legguards
    Hands - Changeling Gloves
    Back - Cloak of Burning Dusk
    Wrist - Phaseshifter's Bracers
    Waist - Split Shape Belt
    Feet - Plague Scientist's Boots
    Neck - Blood Queen's Crimson Choker
    Finger1 - Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom
    Finger2 - Ring of Rapid Ascent
    Trinet1- Glowing Twilight Scale
    Trinket2 - Althor's Abacus
    Weapon - Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings orRoyal Scepter of Terenas II
    Shield - Bulwark of Smouldering Steel
    Relic - Totem of the Surging Sea or Totem of Calming Tides

- Mana Regen and Longevity
    Shoulder - Sanctified Frost Witch's Spaulders
    Legs - Sanctified Frost Witch's Legguards
    Hands - Unclean Surgical Gloves
    Wrist - Bracers of Fiery Night
    Waist - Split Shape Belt
    Finger1 - Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom
    Finger2 - Ring of Phased Regeneration
    Trinet1- Solace of the Fallen HC
    Trinket2 - Solace of the Fallen N
    Weapon - Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings or Royal Scepter of Terenas II
    Relic - Totem of the Surging Sea or Totem of Calming Tides

...as well as BIS setup for Valithria Dreamwalker (only VDW healing)

- For Valithria Dreamwalker:
    Shoulder - Horrific Flesh Epaulets
    Legs - Rippling Flesh Kilt
    Hands - Changeling Gloves
    Wrist - Phaseshifter's Bracers
    Waist - Split Shape Belt
    Finger1 - Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom or Ring of Phased Regeneration
    Finger2 - Ring of Rapid Ascent
    Trinet1- Glowing Twilight Scale
    Trinket2 - Talisman of Resurgence or Althor's Abacus
    Weapon - Royal Scepter of Terenas II
    Relic - Totem of the Surging Sea

Enchants

1. Head - Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
    2. Shoulder - Greater Inscription of the Storm
    3. Chest - Powerful Stats
    4. Legs - Sapphire Spellthread
    5. Hands - Hyperspeed Accelerators (Engineering only) or Exceptional Spellpower
    6. Back - Greater Speed or Springy Arachnoweave (Egineering only) or Lightweave Embroidery (Tailoring only)
    7. Wrist - Superior Spellpower
    8. Waist - Eternal Belt Buckle
    9. Feet - Nitro Boosts (Engineering only) or Tuskarr's Vitality or Icewalker
    10. Weapon - Mighty Spellpower
    11. Shield - Greater Intellect
    12. Fingers - Greater Spellpower (Enchanting only)

Gems

Focusing on Haste Raiting and/or Spell Power:

1. RED - Runed Cardinal Ruby or Reckless Ametrine.

2. YELLOW - Quick King's Amber or Reckless Ametrine.

3. BLUE - Here you can use the same gems as in RED and YELLOW
    NOTE! - Insightful Earthsiege Diamond requires one blue gem to activate it. The best options are Energized Eye of Zul or Royal Dreadstone. Use this gem in item where you can get 7 SP bonus. For example in Chest or Feet.

NOTE! - Never gem for Critical Strike Raiting. This stats should come from the gear!

4. META - Available options are Insightful Earthsiege Diamond , Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond or Ember Skyflare Diamond:

- Insightful Earthsiege Diamond - This meta turns out to be around 75 mp5. The best choice for mana return meta gem.
    - Revitalizing Skyflare Diamond - The best meta for pure healing throughput. It also provides 11 mp5s which is nice boost for mana regen.
    - Ember Skyflare Diamond - This meta states to be somewhere between above mentioned options in terms of productivity vs longevity but it's kind of "meh" for Restoration Shaman.

Professions

Best profession for Restoration Shaman is Engineering. It gives you an extra survive ability via Nitro Boosts and an extra cooldown via Hyperspeed Accelerators. Also you can craft and use Runic Mana Injector that is really good boost in need of mana. I personally believe that any self-respecting shaman would choose this profession in the first place. The second profession is personal for everyone and depends more on your judgment. For example Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing give you an extra additional stats via 2 more prismatic sockets (Socket Bracer and Socket Gloves) or 3 more higher gems (Runed Dragon's Eye and Quick Dragon's Eye). Alchemy does you increase the amount of time of your flasks by 1 hour. Tailoring does you increase amount of Spell Power gain via Lightweave Embroidery (15 sec duration with 45 sec internal cooldown). Enchanting allows you to equip your fingers with Greater Spellpower. As you can see there are different versions of professions with which you can play.

Consumables

Use only Flask of the Frost Wyrm, there is no doubt!

Flask of Pure Mojo provides only 45mp5s and it's not available option considering the itemization of endgame items, If you need this extra mana regen it will be better to swap item(s) for mp5s rather than sacrificing 125 SP for it.
    The same goes for elixirs - Elixir of Lightning Speed, Spellpower Elixir and Elixir of Mighty Thoughts are nice available options but they are also behind Flask of the Frost Wyrm.

For Food: Spell Power or Haste mostly depends on you or encounter.

PLAYSTYLE AND TIPS

In this selection I have shown you some of the basic ways to play with a shaman, which are closely related to different encounters in which each of you will rediscover yourself.
    Depending on your role, I can objectify Restoration shaman in three separate groups, each of them has its own individual ways to cope with different situations but most honestly depends on your raid and mainstream part of healers.

Raid Healing - AOE Healing

This group is designed first and foremost for raid healing.

- Most important statsHaste Raiting > Spell Power = Critical Raiting > Mp5s. This group stacks to around 1400 haste raiting.

- Most used spellsChain Heal , Riptide , Earth Shield.

- Glyphs – As main raid healer you will need such glyphs to support you. 2 of them which are mandatory: Chain Heal and Earthliving.
    Abour 3rd glyph - preferable option is Earth Shield.

- Gems:
    RED - Reckless Ametrine
    YELLOW - Quick King's Amber
    BLUE - Quick King's Amber.

Single Target Healing - Tank Healing

This group is designed first and foremost for single target and main tank healing.

- Most important statsHaste Raiting (1269) > Spell Power > Crtitical Raiting > Mp5s. This playstyle requires soft haste cap of 1269 for 1 sec Lesser Healing Wave.

- Most used spellsRiptide , Lesser Healing Wave , Healing Wave , Earth Shield.

- Glyphs – As main single (tank) healer you will need such glyphs to support you. Here to help are Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave and Glyph of Earth Shield.

- Gems:
    RED - Runed Cardinal Ruby
    YELLOW - Reckless Ametrine
    BLUE - Runed Cardinal Ruby or Reckless Ametrine if you still need to reach soft haste cap.

- Gear – Good items for you: In general you need such a gear to reach as much close to soft haste cap (1269) so you gem less for haste and focusing more on spell power.

Balanced Shaman

This group is designed for most experienced shamans. Here tank and raid group are equally priority for you.

- Stats – Balanced Shaman should do a proper balance of all essential stats for him in the first place depends on the encounter, whether it is predisposed to more mana waisting, requires a large amount of healing or requires a rapid response to healing.

- Spells – There’s no privileged magic. Your every decision which spell to use is essential. First here you need to brand your talents, spells, abilities and how they work together best. For example, Tidal Waves and Ancestral Awakening as the most important talents for each Balanced shaman let you “dance” on your raid frame.

Tidal Waves - gives you the feeling of speed by lowering your cast time of Healing Wave by 30% as well as increasing the critical chance rate of your Lesser Healing Wave by 25%.

Also your 2pT10 bonus increases your spell haste by 20% after every your Riptide.

Ancestral Awakening - gives you a sense of calm and security in most encounters.

Also your Chain Heal spell becomes 25% stronger thanks to Riptide which is very important for you and will be your main trump card in many hard AOE situations.

Combining these abilities together with your spells, experience and flair, you will get the feeling that nothing is impossible to you that the shaman is the one who controls the things.

- Glyphs - The most used are Glyph of Chain Heal, Glyph of Earth Shield, Glyph of Earthliving Weapon and Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave.

- Gear - Collect as much as you can items with Spell Power + Haste + Critical.

Balanced Shaman is the beginning of the era of your entry into the real high-end raids or in other words, how to become into something much more than just decent Restoration Shaman. If you are a beginner shaman or at all new in the World of Warcraft, I do not advise you to start with this gamestyle - it requires more experience, insight, good knowledge of the game and encounters.

This is one of my Solo Healing Lich King 10HC:

This is Lich King 10HC 0% ICC Buff:

My first Lich King 10HC 0% ICC Buff Solo Heal as a shaman:

TEAMSTARS TALKS...

Q: Team, tell something about your attitude to the game and how you feel it?

A: I like to play and World of Warcraft really takes a great deal of my time when I'm not at work or with friends or as a whole when I'm busy with my real life stuff. But like everything good and this will come late.

Q: Team, tell us why you chose exactly healer class?

A: I love to play as a supporter. The healer as such gives me countless game options and optimization, as well as a great responsibility in raids and encounters. The other option for me was DPS or Tank class. DPS is too monotonous and bored for me considering his rotation and a class as a whole does not have such a responsibility as healer. On the other hand Tank also has major responsibilities that are closely linked with proper implementation of boss tactics as moving on the boss on the map and skill for survival itself and all raid using spells, abilities and CDs. But as I said I like supporter.

Q: Team, tell us something about your experience?

A: See, to me it's all math. I believe that each class has a proper balance of all important to him stats and the finding of theorycrafting behind this is what makes the difference between a decent player and just a player. No such a thing as the best healer or class. There are a good guild and teamplay. Each class either DPS, tank or healer is closely dependent on the entire raid. Whether you die or not depends primarily on your skills and 2nd of your colleagues. Of course I am always an optimist and a realist at the same time but do not leave anything to chance. For example items which I will use for any encounter depends on my raid group and most of all of my colleagues healers who have to deal with the task. Whether we will be 2, 3 or 4 healers or I will be solo, we will have discipline priest in the group or not it is crucial. While accumulating experience as a healer I found two things, the first is never fully trust your raid especially if you play with new strangers and the second is if you wipe better do everything possible to wipe yourself than entire raid. The worst that can happen to me is someone else to wipe me. Of course this is very much dependent RNG and who does not play, he did not know and win.

Q: Team, Tell us something about your playstyle, most important stats, how you deal with different encounters?

A: Most I play as Balanced Shaman. Even I know that I have a good raid and good team from healers I never rely on it. I like to play anywhere that will help Resto Druid with raid healing or I will help Holy Paladin with tank healing, I love to be smart. As Balanced Shaman more haste rating helps only for Chain Heal spam. On different fights I take such amount of Haste, which depends solely on whether I will use Chain Heal as the main spell or just to keep Tidal Waves on me. On PP and BQL for example I use 90-95% of the time Chain Heal so Haste comes here best stats for me (around 1400) also Totem of Calming Tides relic comes best for me, while the other encounters I use simple tactic with Chain Heal + Healing Wave spam which is more efficient for me because Ancestral Awakening helps me with additional AOE healing and simple don’t let me to fail or just I use Lesser Healing Wave spam. In this situations I try to keep around 1300 haste and max critical as possible. On VDW as boss healer I need something powerful to increase my healing and additional critical and haste come best for me. And because Riptide and Healing Wave seems only useful spells here, Totem of the Surging Sea relic is best for this encounter. Leaving only 2 parts T10, (Sanctified Frost Witch's Headpiece + Sanctified Frost Witch's Tunic), I win 2 additional socket slots by Shoulders (Horrific Flesh Epaulets) and Legs (Rippling Flesh Kilt) + a lot of haste raiting. About trinkets there is no doubt - Glowing Twilight Scale in combination with Talisman of Resurgence come the best. Briefly if I have to summarize individually for myself, Critical strike raiting comes for me as one of the best stats for Restoration Shaman which is not affected by the various encounters as Haste raiting. If I need more Haste raiting I take it but I try to keep my Critical raiting on good level.

Q: Team, how you deal with Lich King and Halion?

A: Lich King and Halion as the last bosses of Wrath of the Lich King are most difficult and require more focus on the fight. Lich King hits really hard and as tanks can live, they can wipe quickly too and all healers need to help and play as a team. Enrage of Shambling Horror and Soul Reaper of Lich King contribute most to this. Infest further complicates the fight. Of course it is more job to Discipline Priest, the problem is if we have no Priest. The best way to handle this is burst healing because with every tick Infest increases shadow damage, Chain Heal helps for this as always I keep the tanks on focus and can quickly react with Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave. The last phase (3rd) is really challenging because Vile Spirits and Harvest Soul and phase itself requires more movement and spreading and more dependent on the ability of tanks how they will deal with absorbing of Vile Spirits and how they will organize their survival CDs and of course survival skill of all raid. Here help comes very important abilities like Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit of Priest and Hand of Sacrifice of Paladin. On the other hand Defile and Shadow Trap require quick reaction and movement which further impedes situation. Halion is boss which requires more concentration and is equally difficult for the entire raid. If I play in Fire Realm or Shadow Realm in the final phase (3rd) is irrelevant to me. Inside I always try to take a position for minimal movement when Twilight Cutters spawn and focus for more healing on the tank or raid. Meteor Strike , Fiery Combustion and Soul Consumption are other boss abilities that continuously monitors and require fast reaction, moving and dispel. Dealing with these two bosses really requires great knowledge of battles, focus and full concentration.

Q: Team, do you want tell other shamans something?

A: Yea, Don’t panic. This is the worst quality what can come to one player. Always play with brains and give everything. As I like to say 30% of your game represents how you will organize the interface and UI, 30% due to good reflexes, 30% of your skill and knowledge about encounters and of course 10% luck and good RNG is always beneficial.

ADD-ONS and MACROS

1. Add-ons - The true healer always organizes and optimizes its interface so that he could see everything that cares for each different encounter - buffs, debuffs. boss casting spells and abilities. Making the interface, keybinds or macros is the first major task of every healer. It should be appropriate to your playstyle and mostly comfort.

- Firstly this is the choice of your Raid Frame - if you choose HealBot, VuhDo, Grid or Grid2 is entirely your choice and depends on whether you prefer to play with your mouse or using of overmouse. Some of these add-ons have a very wide range of settings and plug-ins that you can tweak to achieve maximum that you want and need.

- Secondly it's your Boss Frame - The most common is this Deadly Boss Mod. It is extremely important add-on that each individual player should have in its inventory of add-ons that will help guide you in every different encounter showing you all information needed for barefoot - when, what and whom the boss casts by showing raid warning. Оf course it has a wide range of settings that you can also play around.

- Thirdly it is your choice of UI - There is a very wide choice of changing your interface addons.

- The fourth is a some Recount Add-on - The most using are Recount Meter or Skada Damage Meter which will show you raid damage, healing, absorbs, damage taken, buffs and debuffs, dispels and etc.

This is good thread about addons on Warmane -> http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=369755

2. Macros - In this selection I will give some of the most useful macros for PvE.

- Macro for overmouse:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists] [@target,help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@player] your spell or ability

- Macro for instant cast via overmouse:

#showtooltip
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists] [@target,help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@player] your spell

3. Bonus

My UI -> Download

LICH KING 25HC

Here I'm gonna write about Resto Shaman and his role at Lich King 25HC encounter. While other encounters in ICC are not something special given that most of them last for no more than 4,5 minutes, Lich King fight is something that it requires more focusing, more concentration, full usage of playable capacity and at all the longest fight on Wrath of the Lich King expansion. In this selection I'll write some useful information about what is Resto Shaman's job, what are most important stats, glyphs, gameplay on this epic fight and why. For all this I'll type slightly below but first let me type a small blog on what means to be a HEALER:

Am I a Healer?

There are many factors which have influence on concrete encounter - how many healers the raid is using also their skill and ability to heal, what healer's setup the raid is using, how skilled and brained are the raid members, because you understand that if raid members know the mechanics and have a good instinct of self-preservation, the total healing done would be much less compared to DPSs who are just rushing without following of the concrete tactic, what makes the healer's job more difficult and can lead to eventual wipe.

Healing Efficiency > Healing Done

Healing 10 or 20 raid members from 80% to 100% health will gain you more pure healing done but preventing the Tank's death from 1% health will gain you more healing efficiency points because there is no sense to continue the fight if you lose the tank. That's why the communication between healers is very important and everyone of them has to deal with the given task corresponding to his class.

Using of proper defensive cooldowns on time

A good tank's and raid's defensive cooldown arrangement is the key to manage with Lich King and especially with his abilities such as Soul Reaper, Shambling's Enrage/Frenzy or even Infest otherwise sometimes Tank(s) can die by just normal hit by Lich King in case of lack or inability of the Healers to overheal the Tank(s) at that moment (2 from 4 Healers are grabbed by Valkyres and there is already Infest). Personally I have been many times in such situations of massive AOE damage or hard damage over the Tank(s) that I couldn't spend even one GCD for refreshing of my Water Shield. Аlthough the law reads...

...Everything that can not kill you by one shot can be healed...

...is true on theory, but on practice things are not so easy and correct. At moments like this the Tank(s) is this one who has to use defensive cooldown(s) or to call for such one (Hand of Sacrifice, Divine Sacrifice, Guardian Spirit or Pain Suppression). Even only one Aura Mastery can be enough to prevent some additional damage. Use of such an "unforeseen" cooldowns sometimes can lead to missing or lack of defensive cooldown(s) at moments when the Tank(s) really needs it (Shambling's Enrage/Frenzy, Soul Reaper, soaking Vile Spirits). Sometimes supported cooldowns by Healers are not enough to prevent Tank(s) from death. At some situations Healers and Tanks will need to alternate their survival cooldowns for some short period of time in which case the lacking of additional survival cooldowns is getting bigger.

Damage Prevention is always better than pure healing done

Abilities like Power World: Shield, Val'anyr, Divine Sacrifice, Aura Mastery, Tranquility, Divine Hymn or some single damage's prevention cooldown or some personal survival cooldown - they make the Healer's life more easy and at some situations of massive high damage you give the Healers enough time to outheal the raid. In fact - a lot of wipes happen cause of Tank's death or ignoring of expected damage because of lack of experience or knowledge.

After all that has been written so far, we should not forget that first of all we are humans who are able to make mistakes:

Who never fails? - Who never plays!

The reasons for mistake can be different - bad day, tiredness, bad RNG, lag/spike, not fully focusing over the raid, at all you are new at this encounter, ... Healers have the most responsibility part of the raid and I do NOT advise you to start raid if you have some personal problems or you are not in your best form.

Conclusion

Everything written here makes me come to the end of this introduction - People do NOT take responsibility for their actions and failures and most of them just being to blame Healers or do not see their own mistakes. You are standing in Flames at Marrowgar encounter? - no one is required to overheal you. You are eating spirits at LDW encounter - no one is guilty for your inability to kite spirits or your inability to stand on correct position to prevent damage by the spirits. You are Shadow Priest with Necrotic Plague who is waiting behind the Shambling for dispel by a healer? - No one by the healers is required to dispel you. You are Mage with Fiery Combustion waiting for dispel at the wall by a healer? - No one by the healers is required to dispel you. There are really many many examples that I can give you.

Preparation

Healing spells and their values

Before I begin with the essence of this selection, let me classify the different spells and abilities of Resto Shaman like I will write some tentative values on base how Spell Power is scaling with them. This of course is intended with 30% ICC buff and all raid buffs!

Like a constant I'll take average value of Spell Power = 4500: (that includes all raid buffs and procs and that actually must be the value of total minimum for Resto Shaman on this encounter):

1. Lesser Healing Wave:
    1.1. Normal:
    - Hit ~ 8800
    - Crit ~ 13200
    1.2. Glyphed/on targer affected by Earth Shield:
    - Hit ~ 10500
    - Crit ~ 15800

2. Earth Shield (with Improved Earth Shield talent):
    2.1. Non Glyphed:
    - Hit ~ 5200
    - Crit ~ 7900
    2.2. Glyphed:
    - Hit ~ 6300
    - Crit ~ 9400

3. Healing Wave:
    - Hit ~ 21500
    - Crit ~ 32300

4. Chain Heal (on initiate target):
    4.1. Normal:
    - Hit ~ 13000
    - Crit ~ 19500
    4.2. On target affected by Riptide (on initiate target):
    - Hit ~ 16200
    - Crit ~ 24400

5. Riptide (direct healing):
    - Hit ~ 5200
    - Crit ~ 7900

6. Healing Stream Totem (per tick):
    6.1. Non Glyphed:
    - Hit ~ 860
    6.2. Glyphed:
    - Hit ~ 1040

NOTE! - The Information bellow has written on base the use of standart raid composition by 2 Tanks and 4 Healers!

Totems, Glyphs and Stats

When we speak about Lich King 25HC, the first thing that pops up in my mind is "Let the thunder begins" :). And indeed, the whole WoW's universe will remember The Lich King as one of the most striking bosses in history of WoW when we speak about damage over the Tanks. Just as Holy Paladin, one and actually the bigger part of Resto Shaman's gameplay is intended to Tank's healing.

Totems

1. Earth - Stoneskin Totem (stacking with Devotion Aura of Paladin)
    2. Fire - Flametongue Totem/Frost Resistance Totem (if there is missing Frost Resistance Aura by Paladin)
    3. Water - Healing Stream Totem/Mana Tide Totem
    4. Air - Wrath of Air Totem

Before to continue with Glyphs, let me make an overview of Lich King fight. We can split the fight into 3 parts:

1. One of the massive AOE damage - intended to both Transition phases (phase 1.5 and 2.5) and several entering into Frostmourne Chamber
    2. One of the massive damage over the Tanks - intended to 1st, 2nd and 3rd phase (intended to almost whole fight at all)
    3. One of short period of AOE damage - intended to timers of Infest by Lich King (on each 24 sec/only phase 1 and 2)

Glyphs

During the fight some of the Lich King's mechanics starts to overlap which actually makes this encounter more difficult for the Healers and here is the question - "What kind of glyphs I'm supposed to use?"
    Here we can speak about eHPS (effective hps per spell) which is distributed for total healing/over-healing done also contributed to most damage taken raid member recipient.
    Resto Shaman as Main Tank's healer is supposed to use appropriate for his job glyphs in the face of:

1. Glyph of Earth Shield
    2. Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave
    3. Glyph of Chain Heal

OK, why exactly these Glyphs? - Because they are giving the most eHPS. Glyph of Earth Shield and Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave are related to Tank healing job.
    Also there is no worth to use Glyphs of Healing Stream Totem, Earthliving or Healing Wave. They will gain you just some small boost on Recount during Transition Phase and Frostmourne Chamber that actually is not big deal for the raid due to the fact that Healing Stream Totem can heal by up to 7 members (party group + 2 most injured raid members). Also during these 2 parts of the fight Lich King is not even on the stage that makes a feeling of relax for the Healers. At all Glyphs of Healing Stream Totem and Earthliving has really low eHPS compared to Glyphs of Earth Shield and Lesser Healing Wave which will boost your most used spells at Lich King encounter. Glyph of Healing Wave is just a personal glyph for Resto Shaman that is giving 0 eHPS for the raid.

Stats

1. Haste Raiting - near 1300 for 1 sec casting time of Lesser Healing Wave
    2. Spell Power - as much as you can
    3. Mp5s - until you are comfortable with it
    4. Critical Raiting - from gear

- The only spell that is greatest affected by Haste Raiting is Chain Heal. The higher value of Haste Raiting is just no worth for fight like Lich King not only because of non-full AOE fight but also more haste always is equal to more mana wasting and also sacrifice of more important stats like Spell Power. Even more when the fight requires a lot of movement. Most of the effective healing done by Chain Heal comes through Transition Phase and Frostmourne Chamber. While at BQL encounter (which doesn't require so much movement at all) Haste Raiting is irreplaceable force due to the use of Chain Heal over 90% of the time, at Lich King, at some point Chain Heal will be used just to keep Tidal Waves up on you.
    - Spell Power is Resto Shaman's main trump for Lich King fight. Once we have our Lesser Healing Wave glyphed, we want to continue with boosting of that spell for potentially replacing of our Healing Wave as main Tank healing spell. Also more Spell Power will boost Chain Heal efficiency through Transition phase and Frostmourne Chamber phase.
    - The pure Mp5s is the best stats for mana return at Lich King 25HC fight. Considering that Lich King fight has 3,4 times longer duration than rest of the fights in ICC 25hc, the pure Mp5s will act better than Critical Strike Raiting. For example adding of 200 mp5s more is equal to 31200 mana return for 13 minutes fight which is actually 90% of the full Shaman's mana capacity.

Lesser Healing Wave vs Healing Wave (Main Tank healing)

Considering everything written, also looking at spells values (above), Lesser Healing Wave shows many positive aspects in its use compared to Healing Wave:

1. Better HPM (Healing per Mana) due to potentialy less overhealing for single spell
    2. Less mana costly
    3. Great healing in combination with proc by Earth Shield (Understand it as a little less than Healing Wave)
    4. Don't need to care about missing of Tidal Waves on you due to its 1 sec casting time.
    5. Tidal Waves on you increases its chance of critical hit by 25%, in which case of higher damage taken, Ancestral Awakening would proc on Tank.

As far as Healing Wave is concerned, it's good to use it only while you are affected by Tidal Waves and in case of precasting for Soul Reapers or in general if Tank's health drops drastically. Otherwise Healing Wave just will bring to some amount of overheal, lower HPM and in some cases of critical hit - near 100% overheal by Ancestral Awakening.
    NOTE! - Don't feel me wrong! - When it comes to saving the Tanks, the hard overheal style comes always the best! Even more when the Main Tank is in situation of Soul Reaper.

Don't forget! - Resto Shaman is not alone in this fight. Most of the time, you will just support Holy Paladin.

Lesser Healing Wave and Earth Shield or How to make Holy Paladin's Life more easy?

I already mentioned for all positive aspects of Lesser Healing Wave and Earth Shield and what a great role they have at Lich King. Sometimes one Lesser Healing can be enough just to give enough time of Holy Paladin to fully up the Main Tank by preventing Tank's death by one additional Lich King's hit.
    For the good Healer is very important to have very good knowledge about Lich King fight and also knowledge of correct timers of Lich King's ability like when he is casting Necrotic Plague, when he is casting Infest, when he is casting Shadow Trap, when he is casting Defile, when he is casting Soul Reaper, when he is summoning Valkyres. Because of that, the good Healer always is building his UI in comfortable style for him, trying to tracking and monitoring all of the boss' abilities. Good Healer has to have very good sense and intuition over the fight.

Lich King 25HC

At the beginning of the fight, the raid is splitted between 3 parts: one of Main Tank + Melees, one of Ranges + Healers and one of Off Tank. Resto Shaman in most cases is intended to be in the Range's group. At the start of the encounter you can put Totems in the middle with which the raid will be able to make full use of Totem's range in the future movеment for Shadow Traps. Never forget to use your Totemic Recall spell when you are intended to re-put your Totems. In this way you will gain some additional mana. During the Phase 1, you will face massive damage over Tanks by Lich King and Shamblings + periodical casting of Infest + periodical casting of Necrotic Plague. Keep your Earth Shield on the Main Tank like keep an eye for its refreshing on 1 stack. Contrary to the general opinion, I think Discipline Priest should be announced about dispelling of Necrotic Plague just because 1 GCD for him is equal to 1 less shielded member, but a GCD for Holy Paladin or Restoration Shaman can be fatal for the Tanks at some point. Keep a spam on Main Tank via Lesser Healing Wave and alternate your Riptide across Main and Off Tank. Be sure you have tracking Lich King's casting bar for Infest. Be sure you are prepared to cast Chain Heal(s) while Lich King is casting Infest. But why? - Cause you want to burst it as fast as possible. In most cases one well-precasted Chain Heal is enough if rest of the healers do their job correct. Also while Lich King is casting his non-instant abilities (Infest, Defile, Shadow Trap, Summoning Ghouls or Shambling) he is not able to attack and his melee swing timer is reseted as soon as he finish with the cast which gives slightly more time for the healers to manage with Infest fast. One of the things that Resto Shaman has to acquire is his ability to know how to burst Infest in big need. At some situations because of inability of rest of the Healers to help with it, can bring to several used of Chain Heals until Infest is outhealed, sometimes you may have to alternate Chain Heal with Healing Waves if Infest starts to tick for more damage. In such cases Tidal Force and/or Nature's Swiftness cooldowns can be really usefull for fast and additional healing by Ancentral Awakening. Here I don't speak about following of some rotation. Healers do not have rotations at all. All is about priority of the spells by given situation. When there is no Infest, Resto Shaman's job is only intended to heal both Tanks via Earth Shield, Riptide, Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave. Natures Swifthess is wonderful cooldown for preventing member's death which also required fast brain and reactions for its usage. And although healing of Off-Tank will be more intended to Holy Paladin via Beacon of Light, it is mandatory to keep an eye on his health. With the duration of the 1st Phase and stacking of Necrotic Plague, Lich King will gain stacks by Necrotic Siphon that increases his melee attack. In which case you have to be even more focused over overhealing of Main Tank. Some of Resto Shamans do the mistake to keep spamming Chain Heal non-stop on the Main Tank which is completely wrong due to its slowest casting time compared to all spells in Resto Shaman's inventory and huge overhealing compared to full efficiency of Chain Heal. At some point you have to cast some Chain Heal on Main Tank to gain Tidal Waves up on you in case your Riptide is on cooldown and in such cases as Soul Reaper is already applied on Main Tank just to prepare yourself for the huge damage in next moment but in general try to use Chain Heal on Main Tank only in situations where melees also needs a heal. But the use of Chain Heal 24/7 on the Main Tank is a huge loss of healing's efficiency.
    During Transition phase, Ranges and Healers have to spread to prevent stacking shadow damage by Pain and Suffering while Meeles are intended to spread as good as they can behind the Raging Spirits. If there exists Shambling Horrors from Phase 1, Off Tank is required to move them away from the raid until Necrotic Plague kills them. In this case you have to switch your Earth Shield to Off Tank. Re-put your Totems and start with spamming of Chain Heal across the raid, like keep an eye over Off Tank's health and also Shambling's health because once they drop to 20% hp, they will go into Frenzy mode. At the first transition, your mostly prioritet must be Off Tank's survival until all of the Shamblings are dead. One possible option is to alternate your Chain Heal across the raid with Healing Wave(s) over the Off Tank, the second one - completely stopping with AOE healing and starting with hard overhealing over Off Tank via Riptide, Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave. All depends on situation. After Shambling Horrors are already dead, the Transition phase being in something very similar to BQL fight (you have Ranges and Healers spreaded and some area spot for Melees behind the boss - in this case Raging Spirits). Alternate Riptide across the Melees and Chain Heal across the raid like be more focused over the Melees because they are intended to receive more stacks by Pain and Suffering due to their inability to spread so well as Ranges. In case of hard AOE damage over the Melees you can just cast Chain Heal on the target(s) affected by Riptide that will increase potential amount of the spell by 25% and also to use some cooldowns.
    In general 2nd and 3rd Phases do not differ much from the 1st phase when we talk about Resto Shaman's gameplay. Although again Lesser Healing Wave and Earth Shield will play a bigger role here, Soul Reaper will make the things even more difficult. Sometimes Lich King will cast Soul Reaper almost at same time with Defile, sometimes almost at same time with Ifest, sometimes almost at same time with Valkyres and you have to be prepared with Tidal Waves up on you.
    During Frostmourne Chamber's phase Resto Shaman will be great limited in throwing of healing spells due to the short periodic movements around the room. At once when you get teleported into Frostmourne Chamber put your Totems in the middle and start to move according your Raid Leader's call. In periods when you are immobile try to cast 1,2 Chain Heals and in periods while moving try to use Riptide on the member on lowest health. And again in bigger need you can use Chain Heal on target affected by Riptide for more healing's efficiency.
    During 3rd Phase try to position yourself near the edge for possible Defile on you and behind Main and Off Tank for more security when Vile Spirits start to rush towards the raid.

BONUS

Advanced Restoration Shaman Calculator (WotLK 3.3.5) v1.3 -> Download

At the first start of the App Windows will make check for publisher:

Click on More Info

and then Run Anyway

NOTE! - In case the program doesn't run, be sure to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 (Mostly for non - Windows 10 users)!

CONCLUSION

As a game of Blizzard, World of Warcraft follows their motto "easy to learn, difficult to master". As i tried to show in this guide, the shaman reveals countless ways to play are closely dependent on your guild, encounter, how you feel this class. Sometimes the easier seems difficult and shaman is no exception to this rule. This guide just I have given you some direction for the class but everything depends on YOU.

Thank you for your attention. Feel free to ask, comment and give ideas.
    Edited: 2 Weeks Ago

2. At least your bags are neat Team x'D
    Mine look like this: http://prntscr.com/aeerbw

Hahah

-Tana C: <3

3. At least your bags are neat Team x'D
    Mine look like this: http://prntscr.com/aeerbw

Hahah

-Tana C: <3
    Hahah mate. I think it's your turn to fix it. :)

4. Hahah mate. I think it's your turn to fix it. :)
    Hahaha, I'll give you dkp to do it for me x'D

5. Hahaha, I'll give you dkp to do it for me x'D
    Hm... i'll think about it <3

6. GG, wait till I gear my shamy too to practise that. Nice guide,make one for holy pala too :))

7. GG, wait till I gear my shamy too to practise that. Nice guide,make one for holy pala too :))
    Some day.... :) <3

8. GJ, mate!

Good to see your new and well formated guide. It was great and hard job to make all these linked words. Now it's easy to read and use.

Anyway, half of your guide is completely focused on talents and Glyps like to Funky's one, which is important, but mediocore. You can add to this guide a lot of new stuff, which was discussed on forum posts, mostly oriented on shaman's versatility play style.

9. GJ, mate!

Good to see your new and well formated guide. It was great and hard job to make all these linked words. Now it's easy to read and use.

Anyway, half of your guide is completely focused on talents and Glyps like to Funky's one, which is important, but mediocore. You can add to this guide a lot of new stuff, which was discussed on forum posts, mostly oriented on shaman's versatility play style.
    Thank you mate :) I really think about continuing my guide where to focus more on the different methods and encounters, but probably it will happen next week.

10. GJ, mate!

its not mediocre to swap out items depending on a fight. if your all about min maxing it will make a significant difference.

not a bad guide just skimmed through it, looks like mine lol.

the only thing i can say is idk why you mentioned healing grace at all other than it should be avoided. if you are pulling threat as a healer you have bigger issues than your talent choices.

11. the only thing i can say is idk why you mentioned healing grace at all other than it should be avoided. if you are pulling threat as a healer you have bigger issues than your talent choices.
    Just in the game I've seen many shamans who have no idea what actually makes Healing Grace and Healing Focus just ppl don't make the difference between threat and pushback suffered. Many of them don't have Healing Focus but Healing Grace for PvE. Here I wanted to go over these two talents but yes you are right, Healing Grace is useless PvE talent for no one situation and personally I've never took. Generally very difficult to make a flexible or versatility guide for healer. It's not like you do for DPS class where you in particular can give tactics, tips or way of playing for every individual boss because as DPS you are not so much depended from group or raid. Yes, I can write specifically about my style of play on each different boss and write in detail how I play, when I use my CDs or abilities or generally how my brain works on each encounter, but it means that I impose my opinion and this is the best way in which to react, but this is not true. The true guide for a healer should be directed to absolutely every category of players whether new or old, good or bad and need to focus on the most important things for a healer talents, spells, abilities and how they work together, whether in the raid of 25 people full BiS or raid of 25 people 4, 5k gs.
    For example i said that I use solace + talisman as tirnkets on VDW but this is my way to manage with this situation. I expect soon someone to start and argue about it and boom this topic from calm discussion will turn into savage dispute and this is because people do not read carefully and are quick to comment without having read even the end of the sentence. I am sure that you understand me :)
    Edited: March 15, 2016

12. oh i understand.

lets just put this out there now though. shamans are one class that really shine with gear swaps. why do i know this is true? shamans have that ability to be good tank healers as well as raid healers unlike all other healers who are generally good at just one thing. so shamans swapping gear for specific fights means even more so to this class than other healing classes.

even at low ends of gear healing grace is really pointless. or can be supplemented with a grounding totem if you do happen to pull agro.

other than its nice to see someone who actually knows how to play a shaman and actually knows their talents... jesus if i see another elemental weapons/ healing grace shaman today im going to freak out. seriously people just dont take the time to read this class at all and learn anything.

13. Is there a reason you are not considering http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50458 as a relic? It's the best one out there for experienced shamans, imo.

123 ... Last