1. i can't see the rotation of rsham
    or its just made up rotation?
    Chain heal the **** out of the raid. Leave the tanks to Hpala, the raid to rdruid/disc. You just spam chain heals. Because the raid needs to see those Green links to feel warm and comfortable.

2. May 24, 2019  
    Hi, have been looking for a good resto sham guide for ages and honestly feel that this guide explains everything. I am a BIS resto Sham and could not understand why my healing was below average for my gear. I stacked MP 5 and compromised on all other stats. Going to try your suggestions and hope things improve. Thanks so much for your guide!! :)

3. May 30, 2019  
    Hi, have been looking for a good resto sham guide for ages and honestly feel that this guide explains everything. I am a BIS resto Sham and could not understand why my healing was below average for my gear. I stacked MP 5 and compromised on all other stats. Going to try your suggestions and hope things improve. Thanks so much for your guide!! :)
    Glad to hear this mate and Good Luck! :)
    My guide needs some updates but I can't find time for it now.

4. This is a great guide! Must have taken a lot of time and effort to go into such thorough detail. Well done my friend :)

I totally agree with about 95% of it, but I just have a few concerns about some of your talent choices:

You say:
    "Cleanse Spirit - This spell allows you to remove extra curse effect. Whether you use it or not depends on your understanding with other healers in the raid, your raid leader, on who will dispel. In any case if you did not raid dispeller, talent that you do not need."
    It says it dispells 1 curse, 1 disease and 1 poison effect rather than just one extra curse alone. Whilst I agree you could let other classes perform dispells, I think this talents gives a resto shammy great utility. For 1 talent point, I feel this talent is definitely worth taking - especially if you're in a PUG and you can't trust others to reliably handle the dispells.

You say:
    "Healing Focus - Hm… I was really surprised when I saw some shaman who did not use this talent. It reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting spells by 70%. In simple words, it removes those of +0.2, + 0.3s. during which gives you complete your cast time. The other 30% comes from the Concentration Aura of Paladin. This talent passively increases your haste raiting and is simply a must. THIS IS PvE TALENT!!!"
    Whilst I agree this is a very useful talent, isn't it rather situational? Sure it increases your haste...but only during pushback. From my experience, I haven't encountered too many situations where I'd have massively benefited from this talent. I'd say it's a firm optional talent.

You say:
    "Nature's Swiftness - Best shaman CD. This makes your next Lesser Healing Wave, Healing Wave or Chain Heal instant cast. It’s very good for burst healing and extremely urgent situation to save some member. Of course Nature’s Swiftness is optional talent and I don’t press you to use it."
    I'm amazed you feel this is an optional talent. It's your only "oh s**t" button and I use it loads. I can't count the number of times it's saved raid members from death. Absolute must have IMO, and only costs 1 talent point.

5. This is a great guide! Must have taken a lot of time and effort to go into such thorough detail. Well done my friend :)

I totally agree with about 95% of it, but I just have a few concerns about some of your talent choices:

You say:
    "Cleanse Spirit - This spell allows you to remove extra curse effect. Whether you use it or not depends on your understanding with other healers in the raid, your raid leader, on who will dispel. In any case if you did not raid dispeller, talent that you do not need."
    It says it dispells 1 curse, 1 disease and 1 poison effect rather than just one extra curse alone. Whilst I agree you could let other classes perform dispells, I think this talents gives a resto shammy great utility. For 1 talent point, I feel this talent is definitely worth taking - especially if you're in a PUG and you can't trust others to reliably handle the dispells.

You say:
    "Healing Focus - Hm… I was really surprised when I saw some shaman who did not use this talent. It reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting spells by 70%. In simple words, it removes those of +0.2, + 0.3s. during which gives you complete your cast time. The other 30% comes from the Concentration Aura of Paladin. This talent passively increases your haste raiting and is simply a must. THIS IS PvE TALENT!!!"
    Whilst I agree this is a very useful talent, isn't it rather situational? Sure it increases your haste...but only during pushback. From my experience, I haven't encountered too many situations where I'd have massively benefited from this talent. I'd say it's a firm optional talent.

You say:
    "Nature's Swiftness - Best shaman CD. This makes your next Lesser Healing Wave, Healing Wave or Chain Heal instant cast. It’s very good for burst healing and extremely urgent situation to save some member. Of course Nature’s Swiftness is optional talent and I don’t press you to use it."
    I'm amazed you feel this is an optional talent. It's your only "oh s**t" button and I use it loads. I can't count the number of times it's saved raid members from death. Absolute must have IMO, and only costs 1 talent point.
    Thanks mate for nice words. :)

So If we speak only about end game content which includes ICC and RS there are only 2 bosses where Cleanse Spirit is required - Lady Deathwhisper and Halion. On LDW Cleanse Spirit allows you to dispel Curse of Torpor. Whether you will have this debuff or not depends on how fast dpsers will manage to kill adds. About Halion it really depends on where you are healing and whether you are MT or support raid healer. Basically if you are healing inside with Holy Paladin mostly it's shaman job to dispell necrotic since holy paladin will be busy with tank and at some point helping with Hands of Freedom. If you are healing with resto druid or holy priest or whatever then they should manage with dispelling cause of how the class is working. Om rest of the bosses debuff mechanics are or magic effects which you can't dispell at all or they are poison or decease which you can dispell with Cure Toxic. Anyway basically you have to have Cleanse Spirit talent.

About Healing Focus Talent. Every boss has mechanic which leads to pushback suffering doesn't matter if it's during the whole fight cause of active AOE damage receiving (BQL, Sindra, Fester) or partial (Bone Storm on Marrowgar, Frost Volley on LDW, Pain and Suffering, Harvest Soul, Infest on Lich King) and so on... so yes this is important talent.
    Edited: May 19, 2020

6. Im leveling Enhacement, what level you suggest to respec?

7. Hey Team, thanks for the guide, it's great!

I have a left-field question for you: I have come up with a build (and philosophy) for Enhancement-based healing (for now I will only talk about PVE). The idea is to spec down the Enhancement tree and get 5/5 Maelstrom weapon, then put the rest of the points into Restoration. During PVE, I will be in the middle of the action like a rogue or warrior. As I do some extra dps, I am constantly stacking my Maelstrom weapon and getting out my healing spells at very low cast times.

Here is a build I came up with: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#hZh...ZVbxzhx:0mdMmz

I will talk about some advantages and disadvantages I see with this build...

Advantages:
    >provides additional dps
    >dual wield allows for two weapons imbued with Earthliving Weapon (+ Glyph of Earthliving Weapon)
    >thanks to Improved Stormstrike and Shamanistic Rage, no more mana issues! (use only Lightning Shield + Static Shock + Lightning Shield glyph for more dps)
    >can cast healing spells very quickly, often even instantly!
    >based on previous two advantages, you can skip over gear/enchants/gems that give +haste and +mana regen, and instead focus more on +spell power and +crit rating
    >in my opinion, provides a more exciting way of healing

Disadvantages:
    >no Earth Shield, no Riptide
    >obviously you lose out on deep Restoration talents like Purification, Nature's Blessing, etc.
    >since you will be in melee range of mobs/bosses, greater chance of dying if you're not careful

Please let me know what you think!
    Edited: December 11, 2019

8. Hey Team, thanks for the guide, it's great!

I have a left-field question for you: I have come up with a build (and philosophy) for Enhancement-based healing (for now I will only talk about PVE). The idea is to spec down the Enhancement tree and get 5/5 Maelstrom weapon, then put the rest of the points into Restoration. During PVE, I will be in the middle of the action like a rogue or warrior. As I do some extra dps, I am constantly stacking my Maelstrom weapon and getting out my healing spells at very low cast times.

Here is a build I came up with: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#hZh...ZVbxzhx:0mdMmz

I will talk about some advantages and disadvantages I see with this build...

Advantages:
    >provides additional dps
    >dual wield allows for two weapons imbued with Earthliving Weapon (+ Glyph of Earthliving Weapon)
    >thanks to Improved Stormstrike and Shamanistic Rage, no more mana issues! (use only Lightning Shield + Static Shock + Lightning Shield glyph for more dps)
    >can cast healing spells very quickly, often even instantly!
    >based on previous two advantages, you can skip over gear/enchants/gems that give +haste and +mana regen, and instead focus more on +spell power and +crit rating
    >in my opinion, provides a more exciting way of healing

Disadvantages:
    >no Earth Shield, no Riptide
    >obviously you lose out on deep Restoration talents like Purification, Nature's Blessing, etc.
    >since you will be in melee range of mobs/bosses, greater chance of dying if you're not careful

Please let me know what you think!
    Hello there! First of all let me clarify that here we are trying to find some solution for possible and mostly fun way of transforming enhancement shaman as a HEALER!... and every point of damage done will be bonus into it! This of course can be useful in some sort of hardcore or fun challenges in providing additional support for the raid.
    After we both agree with my introduction I would try to do some "theorycrafting" of what I think...

This are talents and glyphs which I would go:

Enhancement specd into Ancestral Healing probably means there is no Restoration shaman in the raid which on the other hand also means that you will be probably the only shaman in the raid and you will be forced to use spell haste totem rather than melee haste totem and the raid composition has to have DK which to provide 20% melee haste. This is the reason why Improved Windfury Totem is waste of points.
    I would go for Guardian Totems to provide additional armor to the tank(s) rather than using Enhancing Totems which will provide very small boost for the raid on damage meter.
    Static Shock combined with Lighting Shield glyph is not worth at all considering the miss of Improved Shields which is source of multiplier for Lightning Shield and will lead in waste of points for more important talents which passively and directly can boost your healing and damage. On the other hand probably you will have to use Water Shield as a "healer" which combined with Improved Water Shield talent will provide you with ability for chain casting of healing spells in need (in the end you will not have the same amount of mana pool as a normal healer!)
    This is also the main reason why I would go for Improved Healing Wave rather than Totemic Focus.
    Dual Wield Specialization which provides with additional 6% melee hit is a must since it will reduce your chance to miss with melee attacks thus increase the proc rate of Maelstrorm and of course additional damage.
    Chain Heal and Earthliving should be your top 2 glyphs. As a 3rd I would go with Improved Fire Elemental in case the raid has demon warlock or HST.
    About gear I need time to test and figure proper and balanced setup out but unfortunately I don't have at the moment...but I will try my best to give my 2 cents on it as soon as I can and have more time.
    Good Luck! :)

PS: I would actually try to solo heal Bane as an Enhancement but at the moment I'm on break from WoW. :)
    Edited: April 9, 2021

9. Resto shaman DPS could be the gamebreaker when hunters, mages, rets are not enough.

10. Also, nice guide, but this is just overcomplicated way of saying something simple:

HASTE VALUES AND MULTIPLICITY

So, ... How 5% + 3% = 8.15%

Let's say we have:

A = our primary amount of haste (which is 5)
    B = our amount of haste whit which we want to increase A (which is 3)
    M (Multiplier of B) = 1 + (B/100)
    C% = our final amount of haste (which we want to find)

So to find it we need to look at equation C% = A*M + B or we have:

C% = A*(1 + B/100) + B = 5*(1 + 3/100) + 3 => C = 8.15%

So let me say that if M is multiplier of B, so A*M is multiplier of B for A which is very important to know!

In this way let me figure out for my shaman's picture above with how much Wrath of the Air Totem is increasing my haste value:

A = 41.75
    B = 5
    M = 1 + 5/100 = 1.05

So we have: 41.75*1.05 + 5 => C = 48.84%

NOTE: Shaman with primary haste speed of 41.75% will increase it to 48.84% under effect of Wrath of Air Totem and NOT to 46.75% as most of folks figure out. Although Multiplier of supplementary haste is always constant value cause it doesn't affect on how much primary haste you have, the total multiplier for your primary haste is influenced by amount of your primary haste or simply put - the more primary haste A you have, the more haste value C - (A + B) will be added at the same supplementary amount of haste B.

In the same way we can calculate for Wrath of Air Totem + Moonkin Aura. We already figured out that both buffs are giving us total 8.15% spell haste so we have:

C = 41.75%*(1 + 8.15/100) + 8.15 = 53.30%

To understand that I do not write empty words alone, I logged into my mage and with the use of Mage Nuggest Addon I will again prove my theory that C% is NOT equal to A% + B%.
    This can go as simple as a one-liner:

(1 + 0.4175) * (1 + 0.05) * (1 + 0.03) = 1.5330

11. By any chance do you know if Val'anyr is proccing on Ancestral Awakening?

12. By any chance do you know if Val'anyr is proccing on Ancestral Awakening?
    Yes it procs from all the heals, earthliving, t10 4p, glowing scale, abacus, everything.

Exception is healing stream totem, if I remember correctly.

13. May 5, 2020  
    hey teamstars, if you had to chose between teneras nm and trauma hc would you just use trauma for heavy aoe fights or for other fights would still also be considered upgrade?

14. May 6, 2020  
    hey teamstars, if you had to chose between teneras nm and trauma hc would you just use trauma for heavy aoe fights or for other fights would still also be considered upgrade?
    Trauma doesn't work as It should be. For me it procs way too low on bosses like PP, BQL or Sindra 25HC which contribute to 1 to 1.5% from total healing done.
    If you do direct comparison between Trauma HC and Terenas Norm for Trauma it looks like this:

Trauma 277 ilvl

+ 46 SP (with Nature's Blessing and socket bonus)
    - 23 int (with GBOK and Ancestral Knowledge)
    - 43 haste (if you use +20 haste gem)
    - 63 crit

Personally I would pick up Terenas 271 ilvl as long as they fix Trauma.
    Anyway if you can put hands on Tel'thas (dagger from LK10HC) it should be the best option after Terenas HC or Val'anyr.
    Edited: May 6, 2020

15. May 6, 2020  
    thanks for rply
    idk about icecrown, but i play on lord and trauma hc on fights like bql,sindra, pp hc does consistently over 4% of my healing. On sindra it actually pops off, it reaches up to 5-6%
    So perhaps for these fights it would still be worth

First ... 45678 ... Last