1. Is there a way to check horde race/class population?

I'm planning to go horde as a paladin but i heard that it will be extremely difficult to get a raidspot as a paladin(atleast in ally side) is this the same case with horde? because alliance has way too many paladins i would like to know how it is in horde.

2. It is awesome being a paladin. Especially for horde, retribution seems pretty okay and a fine choice.

Spoiler: Show

You'd better just choose a guild and see if they need your class and spec, and only move if they're willing to take you. Ratios won't really help because of many inactives.

Either way you'll end up looking for a guild, better do it in advance than transfer first and be disappointed later. And according to the recruitment status of most guilds, ret paladins aren't really the hottest deal.

3. Be it ally or horde

Thanx a lot to the buffed raid content that none needs more than 1 ret paladin on 25 man raid setup

Realm population is going down day by day because of such issues and i hope they will keep it in mind before buffing ulduar insanely like they did to naxx, specially on 10 man raid content.

4. That's their idea of "progressive" - being forced to pass through it all.

The worse part is, once you pass it, you'll never want to be back. That leaves a huge gap (just like in the "non-progressive" realms, where you shoot for ICC directly after hitting level 80, and miss all of these... OS?... Nax?... Ulduar?... EoE?...What?... raids).

Because once you've passed it, it's no longer progressive for you. It's just boring - forming a subpar group (noone else interested), then crawling through the raid with them. That's why people leave, not because of buffed content. Only the time for realm-first achievements was when this whole idea was attractive. And that was about no more than a few weeks. Sad to see it go.

5. Be it ally or horde

Thanx a lot to the buffed raid content that none needs more than 1 ret paladin on 25 man raid setup

Realm population is going down day by day because of such issues and i hope they will keep it in mind before buffing ulduar insanely like they did to naxx, specially on 10 man raid content.
    exactly this. well said.

6. That's their idea of "progressive" - being forced to pass through it all.

The worse part is, once you pass it, you'll never want to be back. That leaves a huge gap (just like in the "non-progressive" realms, where you shoot for ICC directly after hitting level 80, and miss all of these... OS?... Nax?... Ulduar?... EoE?...What?... raids).

Because once you've passed it, it's no longer progressive for you. It's just boring - forming a subpar group (noone else interested), then crawling through the raid with them. That's why people leave, not because of buffed content. Only the time for realm-first achievements was when this whole idea was attractive. And that was about no more than a few weeks. Sad to see it go.
    Totally agreed !
    Realm First are not fun anymore, at least they are not WORTH anymore

7. Why can't people understand that the entire premise of the server is for it to be more difficult? Don't play here if you can't deal with buffed content. The casual servers are getting this core, so go play on one of those servers. It's not surprising to me that the paladins are the ones whining about buffed content and not being needed, when like 25% of the entire server is comprised of paladins. Learn to play something else, it's the most boring class in the game anyway. Nobody is forcing you to play here, and nobody is forcing you to play one class alone. Adapt and fill a role that's needed or you're going to have to struggle more than others to find raid spots here, sadly.

8. Why can't people understand that the entire premise of the server is for it to be more difficult? Don't play here if you can't deal with buffed content. The casual servers are getting this core, so go play on one of those servers. It's not surprising to me that the paladins are the ones whining about buffed content and not being needed, when like 25% of the entire server is comprised of paladins. Learn to play something else, it's the most boring class in the game anyway. Nobody is forcing you to play here, and nobody is forcing you to play one class alone. Adapt and fill a role that's needed or you're going to have to struggle more than others to find raid spots here, sadly.
    When someone is stating a 'FACT', don't entertain the public with sarcasm over paladins there.
    Nobody forced me to play a paladin, that's why i re-rolled already
    I am prolly much better than you being a Blood DK, MM Hunter or Demon Warlock, so don't QQ here over paladins. So please don't really try to taunt every random guy

/facepalm

Sort your facts that not everyone plays a paladin because its ez pz class, there are many like me who play paladin just because they like the concept of a holy knight. Paladin is, was and will remain favorite class for me and for more like me as well, despite all the QQ and hate offered by you or likes of you (Paladin Haters).

9. I'am not really sure why everyone blames paladins for ez game.
    They have much more anticlasses than DK or MM huntards.

10. "Should I roll the most popular class in the game for both factions and can I expect to have raid spots?"

idk man, idk rly ;/ hard question

Regarding progression, if you don't like it - you're free to move to Deathrag once it merges. Some servers handle this by having the lower raid achievement as a requirement to enter the higher raid. But I'm sure you'd all cry your lungs out if Warmane ever suggested that.