1. [GUIDE] How to get rid of the annoying Auctionner extra tooltip

You know what I'm talking about, the kilometric tooltip that comes in a bundle with Auctioneer. Yes, there are options to thin it down quite drastically, but why not just remove that useless junk.

I'm talking about this

The main problem here is the "LibExtraTip" library that comes bundled with any auctioneer version, here's how to disable it, without completely fudging the addon:
    You can do this either:
    1) The easy way:
    Download this and replace the existing "LibExtraTip.lua" in your Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip folder.

2) The hard way (aka, do it yourself way):
    If you don't feel like downloading a file for whatever reason, here's how I did it:
    1. Navigate to Interface\AddOns\Auc-Advanced\Libs\LibExtraTip, open LibExtraTip.lua with notepad (I'd recommend notepad++)
    2. Press ctrl+f and search for the line " function class:Attach(tooltip) " (without quotation marks)
    3. What you're going to do now is comment (type 2 minuses before a line) all the attach function so that it the extra tooltip will get lost and won't find it's way on your screen (it will still exist though, just nowhere on your screen)
    So the original would look like this
    Code:
    function class:Attach(tooltip)
    		if self.parent then self:SetParentClamp(0) end
    		self.parent = tooltip
    		self:SetParent(tooltip)
    		self:SetOwner(tooltip,"ANCHOR_NONE")
    		self:SetPoint("TOP",tooltip,"BOTTOM")
    	end
    While the edited version would look like this
    Code:
    function class:Attach(tooltip)
    		--if self.parent then self:SetParentClamp(0) end
    		--self.parent = tooltip
    		--self:SetParent(tooltip)
    		--self:SetOwner(tooltip,"ANCHOR_NONE")
    		--self:SetPoint("TOP",tooltip,"BOTTOM")
    	end
    4. Now just restart your game or type /reload and the tooltip is gone, voila !

I haven't found a "fix" anywhere on the internet, so I hope this helps other people who were fed up with Auctioneer's tooltip.
    Edited: October 9, 2015

2. Thanks, it's useful, but you should change the link with an actuall download link, not one that is leading to the image above it, lol.

3. Edited with proper link, lol... Thanks for noticing.