1. Kalu'ak Fishing Derby

I would like to apologize in advance if there has been a topic such as this one, I just couldn't seem to find it.
    So, I fished for like an hour today(from 14:00 to 15:00 realm time) in hopes of catching the Blacktip shark and winning the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby, but it just didn't work out for me. Has anyone actually caught the shark or is the event just not scripted correctly?

P.S. - Does the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza work or is it bugged?
    Edited: March 19, 2016

2. Haven't tried Kalu'ak derby. As for Stranglethorn, it does work, but at the same time it is bugged. Anyone who turns in the 40 fish at the reward NPC, that only spawns during the event, will get the same 1st place award + the achievement, even if they aren't the first ones to catch and turn in the fish.

3. Well, I guess that's the next best thing to working lol. Thanks for the help.

4. Haven't tried Kalu'ak derby. As for Stranglethorn, it does work, but at the same time it is bugged. Anyone who turns in the 40 fish at the reward NPC, that only spawns during the event, will get the same 1st place award + the achievement, even if they aren't the first ones to catch and turn in the fish.
    Yes, and i dont know why they are not fixing it, it is an important issue , it ruins the fun of competing

5. STV one isnt bugged like you said. Saw the winner hearth in front of me and I was 4 fish behind so prolly 3rd place and all I could turn in was tastyfish for gold so no achievement. =/

6. STV one isnt bugged like you said. Saw the winner hearth in front of me and I was 4 fish behind so prolly 3rd place and all I could turn in was tastyfish for gold so no achievement. =/
    Must have been fixed then, I know it was like that when I tried a few months ago.

7. The GM confirmed in a ticket that the Kalu'ak event is not working at the moment.

8. I don't understand why administration can't clearly say is this "kaluak fishing derby" is working or not. People still asking about this and they still don't give a damn to inform us about state of this "quest".

After hour of fishing, nothing.

9. So yeah, I've been fishing for 30+ minute snow with max fishing and lures.
    I have gotten 7!!!! "dry klicks". With no loot and no "miss message".

IS THE DERBY WORKING OR WHAT!?

10. So yeah, I've been fishing for 30+ minute snow with max fishing and lures.
    I have gotten 7!!!! "dry klicks". With no loot and no "miss message".

IS THE DERBY WORKING OR WHAT!?
    No, it's not working.

11. Still not working? fished today at 2pm game time and nothing.

12. Does anyone know why this has not been fixed yet? It doesn't look like something hard to fix.