1. Dunno if being troll or is this is serious...

I dunno if we can put names up here if it is cases like this so I am just saying the guild hes in, the class/level.

Short Version

Level 90 undead monk blasted for trolling, punishment was being reverted back to level 2 orc, even class has changed into a shaman. He said a Game Master did this to him and everyone completely lost their marbles when they were trying to piece everything together. Hunter from guild offered assistance but level 2 denies and said he will wait 2 months. Dunno if this case/punishment for trolling is serious or troll.

The crazy thing is this could lead to something worse, which we haven't seen on warmane/molten for years, for those back on sargeras/neltharion wotlk days, they'll know.

Long Version

So a guild-mate of mine is quite a strong monk and he is known for his kind nature and at times being funny and brash, a bit of a smart aleck as well. I know these because half of the random VP raids and or premade BGs, I am either fighting with him or against him if I log in my Alliance monk.
    So the other day he logs in and tells the guild he seriously troll someone to the point that GM got involved, at first I thought he met guild master, then he said Game Master. I told him trolling isn’t a serious crime here unless you are bashing/discriminating someone. He said he was got himself in trouble with GM for trolling and stated that he was forcibly changed into a shaman, and reverted back to level 2, in addition, he said his punishment was for 2 months.

At his everyone instantly went WTF, but we dunno if we are to believe this or not, for he was actually in our guild and everyone noticed his level is 2 now and that he is no longer a monk 0_o. He also stated all his leather monk items are in his bank and his bags so this situation was quite bizarre because this dude was our primary healer in random premades/raids we do. Despite what happen he seems a bit unfazed but shows he is borderline upset judging by his comments minutes after other guild mates spoke to him. Some hunter from our guild tried to help him, but he told the hunter he will wait and see what GM will do.

Anyways, I don’t know if I am being trolled or not, because he was level 90 undead monk during our MSV raid, and when I logged in later, I see a level 2 shaman orc with the same name :S

The guild in question

http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Impe...stwolf/summary

The player is level 2 and armory cannot see below level 10, but he is in the guild as level 2 orc shaman
    Edited: March 21, 2016 Reason: I'm so confused 0_o'

2. There's no "class changing" whatsoever, which automatically makes it all a lie.

3. There's no "class changing" whatsoever, which automatically makes it all a lie.
    Oh ok, it makes it weird because the guy was literally in the raid with us and about an hour later he came back saying he was trolling which lead to this.

I guess he trolled me then and the rest of the guild. :S

EDIT: then again we do not know the abilities of admins on wow so it is left to speculation, speaking for my sister guild on this one.
    Edited: March 21, 2016

4. I wonder why he didn't get a perma ban tbh.
    Also,why the person in question doesn't come here?
    Are you his pimp? the man-cave guard? perhaps a paid nanny? handholder or carebear?

Also the game masters more often than not are of no help,in all the years i have been playing here,i have had 1 decent interaction with a game master,not because he actually helped,but because instead of responding knowing that he won't assist for reasons unknown,he just declined the ticket.

Trolling them,picking fights or being a smartass in general will do you no good,and won't help in any way shape or form.
    Edited: March 21, 2016

5. I wonder why he didn't get a perma ban tbh.
    Also,why the person in question doesn't come here?
    Are you his pimp? the man-cave guard? perhaps a paid nanny? handholder or carebear?

Also the game masters more often than not are of no help,in all the years i have been playing here,i have had 1 decent interaction with a game master,not because he actually helped,but because instead of responding knowing that he won't assist for reasons unknown,he just declined the ticket.

Trolling them,picking fights or being a smartass in general will do you no good,and won't help in any way shape or form.
    Nah I just know he helped us out and had his clutch moments in raids and BGs. But when I relogged and saw this in guild chat, I was confused as hell. He seems a bit okay, but was bummed out moments later, he's only a smartass when trying to force tactics to people, mainly on this one HOF raid we had with new people. But yeah, all we know now is that he was trolling someone probably after we were done with MSV, which is still bugged, he ended up being a level 2 orc with monk leather gear.

I dunno what the guild master will say, I bet he will be confused like the rest of us yesterday. We cannot find him on guild roster unless you go down below level 10 searches.

Plus I didn't know trolling/ganking whatever is now bannable, if that's what you're implying, I'd have to ask him what type of trolling he did which resulted in this, but I am still unsure of the situation.

6. Ganking has never been bannable nor trolling unless it's on a boundary with harassment,which again is not bannable unless your game masters have a degree in urban law and know exactly when trolling becomes genuinely distressful,which i seriously doubt that they have.
    My point is he clearly did something to piss of a game master,that's a person in a position of certain power.
    It's like walking up to a man with a gun in his hand telling him that he has got small penis.
    Tell your guildie to think before he thinks before he thinks to think that any fight is equal.

7. EDIT: then again we do not know the abilities of admins on wow so it is left to speculation, speaking for my sister guild on this one.
    A 5 seconds Google search will give you a list of commands that exist in World of Warcraft, both retail and in cloned cores. There's no room for speculation, only for self-imposed ignorance.

8. A 5 seconds Google search will give you a list of commands that exist in World of Warcraft, both retail and in cloned cores. There's no room for speculation, only for self-imposed ignorance.
    Yup, There is no command for Trinity Core to change the Class, only Name, Faction, Level, Race and other unimportant stuff like HP/Mana/Faction Standings etc.

I love how people go "but someone said a GM did it".. Obviously trolling gullible people.

9. GG this time he trolled his whole guild.

10. this man deserves a cookie, an internet cookie to be precise..

11. Nope, his name is still the same, he had grev items at level 2 for mist weaver monk, he showed in trade window.
    I'd have to speak to guild leader though, some of us are still confused, then again I do not know how strong admins are here if it was something serious.

12. *he changed his char's name then created the shaman with his old name. or he simply deleted it and created the shaman..
    that is more likely than a GM abusing his power so obviously and risking being banned. but nothing is impossible..
    Edited: March 22, 2016

13. A 5 seconds Google search will give you a list of commands that exist in World of Warcraft, both retail and in cloned cores. There's no room for speculation, only for self-imposed ignorance.
    didnt know that molten used an open source core.

14. Nope, his name is still the same, he had grev items at level 2 for mist weaver monk, he showed in trade window.
    I'd have to speak to guild leader though, some of us are still confused, then again I do not know how strong admins are here if it was something serious.
    This story seems either entirely made up, or far too coincidental.

Here's why:

On ordinary circumstances, the only commands can be used within the constraints of the system. That is, you would not be able to change class or lower a players level.

However, it is possible outside the system - if he had access to the database. It is possible, combined with the source code of the server, to modify the level of himself and change his class.

To do so, you would require the personal database and source code access to perform - which a game master has no permission to do.

It is a possibility that he purchased the grievous gear by vote points or coins and either:

(1) name changed his monk to create a shaman with the exact same name. Or:
    (2) deleted his monk and created the shaman with the same name, believing he could get his Monk back after he deleted it. Which, to my knowledge - you can't get back a deleted character.

It is also possible to lookup the commands used by a given game master, should it be necessary. However, it seems this story is not real.

12 Last