1. New core, HUGE pally nerf

holy baby jesus. the pally nerf bat has hit HARD. Still experimenting but so far looks like a 20-25% damage reduction overall.

2. And they deserve it when u consider how insane positive bugs the spec had during the last years.

Remember the soc cleaving bug?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRQtOg5E7g

3. I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, it's not my intention. However, I'm not sure what you mean, I do realize that you know the paladin class, and you enjoying voicing your opinion on the forums quite a bit. This one word statement does seem like bait to me to say something, so you can say something to the fact how this nerf was needed and how it was justified. (or maybe how silly i am to say anything at all on the forums other than how great the changes are?)

At this point I'm merely stating that i can read my DPS output on my recount, and there is a 20-25% output reduction so far, I haven't yet dug into which spells are doing less, whats been changed, ( or buffed if that's the case).

And they deserve it when u consider how insane positive bugs the spec had during the last years.

I didn't say they didn't need one, however, this is huge, and I did play retail, Ret was utility class as everyone has said, but I know Pallies still topped the DPS meters in most raids PvE. It's my opinion that this is meant to be a PvP balancing nerf perhaps?
    Edited: March 24, 2016

4. but I know Pallies still topped the DPS meters in most raids PvE.
    no they didnt.

5. 'my dps is 25% less' will not help us discover the causation of this
    Can you like, elaborate what exactly is off? Because when I checked stuff nothing really has changed. I did exactly as much DPS as I expected me to do given my gear, buffs, BL, number of targets and the fight`s duration.

6. 'my dps is 25% less' will not help us discover the causation of this
    Can you like, elaborate what exactly is off? Because when I checked stuff nothing really has changed. I did exactly as much DPS as I expected me to do given my gear, buffs, BL, number of targets and the fight`s duration.
    Unless you've been playing on Lord, I really don't see how you can say this.

As I said above
    At this point I'm merely stating that i can read my DPS output on my recount, and there is a 20-25% output reduction so far, I haven't yet dug into which spells are doing less, whats been changed, ( or buffed if that's the case).
    I'll dig a bit further before posting what i think has changed.

7. According to RAWR a bis geared ret paly should pull 12500 dps (13700 with SM) outside of ICC.
    In comparison, a bis enh shami should pull 12840 dps.
    So enh shami is one of these classes a ret paly can compete with on a retail like realm.
    Hunter, mage and warr should pull far more in high end gear.

8. I just remembered the problem (someone from Lord told me `bout it a few months ago), and also verified it by looking into the logs.
    It`s an issue with SoV scaling, afair, it doesn`t benefit from Curse of Elements (and possibly others; my Lord source only mentioned the CoE)

9. And they deserve it when u consider how insane positive bugs the spec had during the last years.

Yeah, anyone who plays a paladin deserves to be punished because devs screwed up their scripting.

Nice joke. Get out of here.
    Not blizz-like. We're talking about how **** is supposed to be here.
    I just remembered the problem (someone from Lord told me `bout it a few months ago), and also verified it by looking into the logs.
    It`s an issue with SoV scaling, afair, it doesn`t benefit from Curse of Elements (and possibly others; my Lord source only mentioned the CoE)
    This issue existed on the previous core, too.

10. Nerf bat is strong in ret yeah. Im going prot. Now i dislike ret. as BiS Holy, gonn be with Proto.

11. Part of that nerf is Shadowmourne. Soul shard stack speed is really really fk up. I don't think class with shadowmourne deserve to do same dps as enhancement shaman or less.

12. Nerf bat is strong in ret yeah. Im going prot. Now i dislike ret. as BiS Holy, gonn be with Proto.
    If you're playing Ret because it did good DPS, I don't think you really have any business playing it in the first place. A Ret's strength was never meant to be its DPS.
    A properly specced Ret brings 5 raid buffs just by attacking a target. Add in blessings, auras and hand abilities. That's what a Ret's role in a raid is for.
    Part of that nerf is Shadowmourne. Soul shard stack speed is really really fk up. I don't think class with shadowmourne deserve to do same dps as enhancement shaman or less.
    Except for the part that Ret DPS is SUPPOSED to be comparable to an Enhancement Shaman. Also, heaven forbid the strength buff actually matters?
    Edited: March 24, 2016

123 Last