1. The good the bad and the ugly about the new core

The good: New and fresh encrypted events and quests have made azeroth a new place, the new mechanics have improved the experience in the game by enabling things like the eye of eternity (I haven't been on ulduar or nax yet), the fixed bonuses talents and gear bonuses on the different classes, specially warlocks and mages (I waited this for so long),

The bad: so many bugs, hopefully they'll be fixed on time but meanwhile we will have to deal with it, ie:
    -HOR is resetting after 3-4 waves of mobs during the first boss fight
    -For some reason I can't enter ToC 5 directly and using the dungeon finder throws me an error about not having a valid port location
    -The dragonmaw race quests are not working properly, making impossible to obtain the skyshattered achievement
    -during an ICC 10n we couldn't get the door to PP's lab opened yet we could complete all the other bosses up to sindra, the LK was unavailable due to PP being alive (this was so frustrating, really)
    -Other minor things that I won't say because complaining gets boring for everyone
    - since 3.3.3 there should not be location restrictions to craft spellweave, ebonweave or moonshroud, however here on "3.3.5" I have to go to azure dragonshrine to craft a spellweave haha
    - since patch 3.3.0 transmuting titanium should not have a cooldown, but we deo have a cd for it

The Ugly:
    - Not being able to make reports on the bug tracker for the time being: "For the time being only Lordaeron characters can report WOTLK bugs. That is because it was the only realm with the new core.
    In the next few days Deathwing and Ragnaros will be able to report them too since they are now being upgraded to new core." - Zelta

- Thrash mobs on fos and pos hitting crits on tanks with 580 defense, not even tyrannus does that (I saw a pala exploding in one hit, insta ardent defender, fun times
    - My grammar (the ugliest one)

As a last word the new core is a bittersweet experience, having so many new things to try is delicious, but having so many bugs is really but clenching, hopefully the staff is working hard to fix all these issues so we can enjoy the wotlk experience at it's best once again
    Edited: March 25, 2016 Reason: spellcheck

2. Honestly, PvE wise, it's Godmode comparing to the old ****, many quests got fixed etc, PvP wise - not much has changed - still waiting for the awesome class fixes - except WG which is fun as hell.
    I get pissed at some bugs, but yes, we got the core a day ago, it'll take at least a week or two to polish it all.

3. The good: New and fresh encrypted events and quests have made azeroth a new place, the new mechanics have improved the experience in the game by enabling things like the eye of eternity (I haven't been on ulduar or nax yet), the fixed bonuses talents and gear bonuses on the different classes, specially warlocks and mages (I waited this for so long),

The bad: so many bugs, hopefully they'll be fixed on time but meanwhile we will have to deal with it, ie:
    -HOR is resetting after 3-4 waves of mobs during the first boss fight
    -For some reason I can't enter ToC 5 directly and using the dungeon finder throws me an error about not having a valid port location
    -The dragonmaw race quests are not working properly, making impossible to obtain the skyshattered achievement
    -during an ICC 10n we couldn't get the door to PP's lab opened yet we could complete all the other bosses up to sindra, the LK was unavailable due to PP being alive (this was so frustrating, really)
    -Other minor things that I won't say because complaining gets boring for everyone

The Ugly:
    - Not being able to make reports on the bug tracker for the time being: "For the time being only Lordaeron characters can report WOTLK bugs. That is because it was the only realm with the new core.
    In the next few days Deathwing and Ragnaros will be able to report them too since they are now being upgraded to new core." - Zelta

- My grammar (the ugliest one)

As a last word the new core is a bittersweet experience, having so many new things to try is delicious, but having so many bugs is really but clenching, hopefully the staff is working hard to fix all these issues so we can enjoy the wotlk experience at it's best once again
    Send me a message to my inbox for each bug you want to post on the bugtracker, i will just copy paste it and include your name in it. got a lvl 10 on lordaeron :p
    Today was bug shooting day on ragnaros :) alot of new fixes and alot of new bugs!

(one bug per message please)

4. pvp-wise it much more worse than old core. pathfind bug for charge/intercept/intervene ****ing ridiculous how that report on bugtracker is confirmed 5 months ago and still not fixed.

5. since they are at it why not make every mob in the instances hit for 20k per melee, splashes to entire raid, and makes them takes 100% reduced healing

6. On a good note: warmane i llove you for the scripting in icc the nostalgia was good.

7. The champions of the city doesnt give me the dailys to complete the ach "exalted champion of ..." i already have undercity, orgrimmar, silvermoon, before the new core; Need Thunderbluff and Trolls

8. -during an ICC 10n we couldn't get the door to PP's lab opened yet we could complete all the other bosses up to sindra, the LK was unavailable due to PP being alive (this was so frustrating, really)
    lmao.
    Turn the valves in the Rotface & Festergut rooms.

You missed the most beautiful part of all of this. The fact that we may actually get to see fixes in real time!

9. lmao.
    Turn the valves in the Rotface & Festergut rooms
    Yes, we did that, it's not like we are new to the game you know?

10. Yes, we did that, it's not like we are new to the game you know?
    There are plenty people who have played the game for a long-*** time who forget to do it, and even those who don't know about them.
    And if you did that, then I'd have to question how come you can't access Professor. He's been accessible on every mode I, and others I know, have done him on. Including 10n which you mention.

11. The thing im afraid of is that the new core might be too hardcore for the masses, we already know how terrible pugs were in the old core, this might just kill them off permanently which i don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing.

I would probably suggest in adding a new title/achievement for ICC25hc for the new core, this might give people extra motivation to clear it.

12. No more lod exploits? No more bite exploit in ICC? Good job then

13. The thing im afraid of is that the new core might be too hardcore for the masses, we already know how terrible pugs were in the old core, this might just kill them off permanently which i don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing.

I would probably suggest in adding a new title/achievement for ICC25hc for the new core, this might give people extra motivation to clear it.
    Nothing has really changed lol, pugs are still doing BQL runs easily.
    Marrowgar - easier
    Lady - same
    Gunsip - easier
    DBS - same
    Rotface - better
    Festergut - better
    PP - challenging
    BPC - better
    BQL - better
    VDW - easier
    Sindra- challenging
    LK - challenging

* Better - new punishable stuff for the semi-afk DPSers.
    ** Challenging - Harder encounter than before.

14. Majority of the issues in this tread has already been fixed.

15. The thing im afraid of is that the new core might be too hardcore for the masses, we already know how terrible pugs were in the old core, this might just kill them off permanently which i don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing.

The way I see it this gives players 2 options:

* Learn to play better, grow and improve
    * QQ quit because learning proper boss tactics is unfair and too hard

The overall outcome will yield better quality and more competent players. This also creates a higher quality recruitment pool for progressing guilds. Sounds like a more positive thing overall than a negative.

The question is: how valuable of a raider do players want to be?
    Edited: March 25, 2016

123 Last