1. (DW) Demo Lock after the new core...

Before the new core my SF with Decimation had 1.3 sec cast time. Now it's 1.8 sec. Casting time of all the others spells (haven't tested Afflic) are working fine for me. Anyone having the same problem?

2. This is a fix. Soul Fire had too short cast time in the old core.

3. This is a fix. Soul Fire had too short cast time in the old core.
    Partially correct.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47825
    Base cast time = 6 sec.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=17792
    Base cast time -> 4 sec.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=63158
    Base cast time -> 2.4 sec.

1,639.5 (aka 50% haste) = GCD hard haste cap. (The amount of haste required to drop your GCD to 1 sec, from 1.5 sec)
    Assume it is obtained by the warlock in question (it is possible with full bis).
    -> New Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100))

New Casting Time = X
    Base Casting time = 2.4 sec
    % Spell Haste = 50%

X = 2.4 / (1 + (50 / 100))
    X = 2.4 / (1 + (0.5))
    X = 2.4 / (1.5)
    X = 1.6

New Casting Time with 50% haste (GCD haste cap) = 1.6 sec.

Of course, it's possible to go for more haste, especially with procs + heroism/lust. But since the OP claimed he only had Decimation procs, then yes, his casts were too fast.

#nerdlife
    Edited: March 25, 2016

4. -> New Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100))

New Casting Time = X
    % Spell Haste = 50%

X = 2.4 / (1 + (0.5))
    X = 2.4 / (1.5)
    X = 1.6

#nerdlife
    Can you translate this part, please? And yes, finally Demonology Warlocks will realise that their spec is not a DPS spec - it's a support spec.

5. Can you translate this part, please? And yes, finally Demonology Warlocks will realise that their spec is not a DPS spec - it's a support spec.
    That's the equation used to apply cast time reduction to a spell with a certain amount of haste. The basis of the equation is that 1% haste equates to 1 extra spell cast for every 100 casts.

Perhaps the wiki can explain it better than me.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Haste

6. Decimation was reducing Soul Fire's cast-time by 60% instead of 40% on the old core. Right now it's working as it should.

7. Thank you all for the reply. Still not sure will i play Demo from now on. I knew it's a "supports spec", but had no idea about this.

8. With 1100 haste my incinerates take 2.5 seconds and my soul fires take 3 seconds with decimation proc up. Some thing wrong with haste, I went from doing avg 11k dps on fights to 5k dps

9. With 1100 haste my incinerates take 2.5 seconds and my soul fires take 3 seconds with decimation proc up. Some thing wrong with haste, I went from doing avg 11k dps on fights to 5k dps
    You're either specced wrong, or you're not taking Decimation procs into consideration.

10. With Decimation my Soulfire is at 1.5s cast time ... so as for its working just fine!

11. New Casting Time = X
    % Spell Haste = 50%

X = 2.4 / (1 + (0.5))
    X = 2.4 / (1.5)
    X = 1.6

#nerdlife
    Sry m8 but probably i'm not understanding your words, but if:

soulfire cast is: 4 secs (obv with BANE)

with DECIMATION: 4 - (40%*4) --------> 4-(1,6) = 2,4 sec

with 50% haste rating: 2,4 -(50%*2,4) ---------------> 2,4 - (1,2) = 1,2 sec

Why your results is 1,6? I repeat that probably I dont understanding you, but this is my question.

12. with 50% haste rating: 2,4 -(50%*2,4) ---------------> 2,4 - (1,2) = 1,2 sec
    Haste formula doesn't work this way. You expect it to reduce casting time by 50%, but it actually allows you to cast 50% more spells over time (shortening cast time by 50% would allow you to cast twice as many spells).

see: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Casting_Speed

=========================================
    New Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100))

New Casting Time = 2.4/(1+(50/100))
    New Casting time = 1.6

Lets say you have 100 seconds of casting.
    with 2.4s cast you are able to cast 41.67 spells.
    with 1.6s cast its 62.5 spells, which is 50% more (41.67*1.5).
    Edited: March 26, 2016

13. Haste formula doesn't work this way. You expect it to reduce casting time by 50%, but it actually allows you to cast 50% more spells over time (shortening cast time by 50% would allow you to cast twice as many spells).

see: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Casting_Speed

New Casting Time = Base Casting Time / (1 + (% Spell Haste / 100))

New Casting Time = 2.4/(1+(50/100))
    New Casting time = 1.6

Lets say you have 100 seconds of casting.
    with 2.4s cast you are able to cast 41.67 spells.
    with 1.6s cast its 62.5 spells, which is 50% more (41.67*1.5).
    Are u sure that this is a formulation applyed in wotlk and not in other next patches?
    Because I played wotlk for some years and demo/hibryd lock could have a cap for soulfire at 1 sec with 1400 about haste rating and decimation.

14. Let me make it easy for you.With raid buffs 8% haste your casting time is this:

Shadow Bolt
    1012 haste - 1.7 casting time
    1296 haste - 1.6 casting time
    1616 haste - 1.5 casting time + Power Infusion - 1.3 sec casting time + Bloodlust - 1 sec casting time/ just Bloodlust - 1.2 sec casting time
    1981 haste - 1.4 casting time

Soul Fire
    825 haste - 1.7 casting time
    1097 haste - 1.6 casting time
    1404 haste - 1.5 casting time
    1745 haste - 1.4 casting time

Optimal haste you aim is 1616 without DFO that way with raid haste buff of 8% you will cast:

Shadow Bolt for 1.6 sec
    Soul Fire with DECIMATION for 1.5 sec
    Incinerate with Molten Core for 1.1 sec
    Corruption will tick on every 2 sec or 12 sec uptime
    Edited: July 20, 2016

15. Are u sure that this is a formulation applyed in wotlk and not in other next patches?
    Because I played wotlk for some years and demo/hibryd lock could have a cap for soulfire at 1 sec with 1400 about haste rating and decimation.
    Yes, I am sure that it is the right formula for wotlk. (it works for all spells btw)

The reason you saw 1s cast time was a bug (decimation lowered SF cast time more than it was supposed to), that was fixed with a new core.

123 Last