1. Scepter of Shifting Sands

You can't get it. We all waited for the red scepter shard from Nefarian... he won't drop it. Tried multiple times and it gets destroyed. The whole event isn't scripted either. Kinda disappointing. I thought it would work since it was posted that the raid does work. Another piece of lore from WoW I'll never get a part of. Lame.

2. Before Cataclysm, according to Blizzard, this quest chain was still able to be fully completed (whether on a server with its gates already opened or not has yet to be concluded), but for obvious reasons would not reward the title or mount.

so unless you plan on doing it for the hell of it you would not get anything anyways

3. It's a feat of strength now. Some people in this game have just beaten everything else. Not really that hard to do if you join a decent guild. You level all the classes you like to play to BIS and you just start looking for something else to do. Fighting the same bosses over and over for no loot reward gets old.

4. It's a feat of strength now. Some people in this game have just beaten everything else. Not really that hard to do if you join a decent guild. You level all the classes you like to play to BIS and you just start looking for something else to do. Fighting the same bosses over and over for no loot reward gets old.
    well seeing as how there are hundred of new achievements open that work now and lots more to do i dont see why 1 thing should hold you back or make you get bored.

5. It's a feat of strength now..
    It's a feat of strength in Cataclysm, not in Wrath. Veteran of the Shifting Sands was only implemented after the chain was removed to credit people who completed it beforehand.

6. This is either a recent bug or you are doing something wrong as a friend and I recently did the quest a few weeks ago.

- You have to get the quest from Vaelastrasz
    - Only ONE person can loot the shard
    - You have to kill Nefarian within 5 hours (I believe this is bugged, as when my friend and I killed Nefarian we got both the success and completed items off the boss)

Try the following:

- Make sure only one person in the group has the quest
    - Don't die or leave the instance
    - Make sure you are the person to "activate" Nefarian

If you still can't get it, make a bug report.

7. This quest chain wont give you are "Scarab Lord" title and the Black Battle-tank mount ... Blizzard made sure that after the gates were opened, all other realms they start will get their gates opened by them, not by the players. SO, go to GoAQ and see if you can get inside ... if you can do it, forget about the quest chain ... it wont work. If you CAN'T get in, than I wish you luck with the longest quest chain ever made in WoW ...

This achievment is in the same category as:
    - Death's Demise - Realm first Yogg-saron 25 Hard more;
    - the Obsidian Slayer - Realm first Sartharion;
    - Conqueror of Naxxramas - Realm first Kel'Thuzad;
    - The Magic Seeker - Realm first Malygos;
    and ofc: Starcaller - Realm first Algalon the Observer.

The Gates were last opened in late 02.2006 ... from this point forward you wont be able to complited the quest chain!
    Here is a link to the achievment in Wowwiki where you can see yourself that you wont be able to do it so dont waste your time for nothing: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Gates_of_Ahn'Qiraj

The same goes for the Amani War Bear ... its only for the ppl who did the raid in TBC, after patch 3.0.1 the bear is no longer in the loot table!

8. The Scarab Lord achievement is the single greatest achievement in the game. It's mostly a one man feat for a part of the game that existed ten years ago. I doubt for the amount of servers back then if this achievement even exists on a player in the game at all anymore.

When Molten started though this achievement was bugged and could be obtained even though the gates were opened. May have been a contributing reason for why they disabled Nefarian aside from gold exploits.

Obsidian Slayer and Conqueror of Naxxramas half the realm holds right now because it was allowed that way when they opened last year so they're not unique on warmane at all. Realm First Lich King 25 Heroic is a rather unique achiv. Starcaller isn't realm first.

Death's Demise and The Magic Seeker were obtained by the same guild on Deathwing and honestly it was more of a race than actual skill to obtain. In fact any such achiv with the dynamics of gear obtainability currently on the realms is really not that amazing. Lordaeron as a progressive realm of course would be much more noteworthy.

If someone did want to do the scepter quest for fun since it is a fun quest chain with lots of lore then I don't see why the red scepter shard wouldn't drop. That would really suck going through all that effort for the scepter and have the very last item you need not drop. It was said to have been removed from loot table, but why?