1. PvP after new core aff/destro

Today in arena I was against rogue/priest Combo from horde who were resisting and mind you [RESISTING] my Deathcoils and fear 3 consecutive times in a row, I have no clue if this was an initial issue or some kind of hack / script but that happened many times and rest assured we lost every match against them.

I would however like to know if this was an isolated issue or this is actually a bug, since I couldn't find anything on bug tracker.

Code:
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Coil_(warlock_ability)
    as for Deathcoil wowwiki states :

* Death Coil is a "horrify" effect (one of two horrify effects in the game, the other being a shadow priest's Psychic Horror). As such, fear countering abilities will not be effective against it.
    * Most creatures that are Fear immune are also immune to Death Coil. This includes nearly all undead.
    * It is a binary spell, and as such it can only hit or miss. Neither critical hits nor partial resists are possible.
    * Demon Armor does increase the life gained.
    * Absorbing the damage from Death Coil does not prevent the horrify effect.
    Main note being
    * It is a binary spell, and as such it can only hit or miss. Neither critical hits nor partial resists are possible.

2. Main note being
    partial resists
    so whats wrong being resisted? cuz its should

cap spell pen nib

3. it is capped learn to read please specially if English don't spam BS in thread if you don't have something valuable to say.
    you can't bifurcate a sentence according to your needs its a whole sentence
    Code:
    Neither critical hits nor partial resists are possible.
    It is neither and nor.

Regards.
    Edited: March 27, 2016

4. "partial resists" ... the answer is in your own question ... now go to the arena and learn your class! Also learn the other Races/classes! I dont have time to show you how bad you are ...

5. "Partial resist" does not mean "Fully resist".
    Since you don't seem to know the difference, let me explain it to you.

Partial resist:
    Take corruption for example. Imagine a target has 0 shadow resistance, your corruption now does 1337 damage (0 resisted).
    Now imagine a target with 130 shadow resistance, your corruption now does 1200 damage (137 resisted).
    (You can easily see this yourself in combat log.)

Fully resists:
    You cast corruption, and the spell gets completely resisted. Scrolling combat text would say "Resist" in this case. This means you have to cast the spell again.
    To counter this, you should try to cap spell pen vs your target(for example if the target has 130 shadow resistance, you need to get 130 spell penetration to negate his shadow resistance). With 0 spell penetration you can expect a 5-10% global spell resists if you're facing a target with 130 resistances.
    Spells like Cloak of Shadows for example, increases your chance to 'fully' resist spells by 90%.

Since death coil cannot partially resist, this means that the damage portion of the spell should never get lowered from the target's shadow resistance. It can however still get fully resisted.

To add to this, before the lordaeron core, spell penetration and resistances were bugged and spells could never fully resist and therefor you could easily get away with having 0 spell penetration. The only difference were the partial resists, lowering your damage by about 10% vs 130 resistance targets.
    Since this bug is now fixed with the Lordaeron core, you now need to get spell penetration cap again as intended.
    Edited: March 28, 2016

6. And dont forget that some Classes/Specs have a talents that boost their chance to resist/miss with your spells ...

7. I'm sorry about that didn't pay attention about the "partial resist" maybe I was sleepy or something xD now that i read it, it does make sense

My bad. please delete thread if you can.