1. Please find the quote where I said WoW is a PvP based game. I said WoW has always had a strong PvP focus, and the countless development hours spent trying (and failing) to balance the game are a testament to how seriously Blizzard takes PvP.
    WoW is totally not "strongly focused PvP" lmao, you're funny. Do you even know why they have to "balance" PvP? - Because they develope spells so they are working fine for PvE. It's been this way all expansions long, they release changes, after that they ahve to fix things because PvP'ers are comlaining about "OP" classes. Look at WoD same stuff there. Your arguments just proof that you're an ignorant PvP player :D.

2. its such a shame....mop imo has the most fun pvp ever but its so broken now i was forced to delete the game and quit warmane...no idea why even update to 5.4.8 without gear required for it to work and totally ruin pvp balance if you aint gonna release the gear for next year or who knows if ever? due to this i started playing wod again and my first reaction was "wooow...this game actually has balance"....im finding great pleasure just in knowing i aint getting beat up because of someones bugged, unbalanced class/comp...and thats after months of trying to beat warrior monk on this once nice, but now poor, broken and ruined server ... too bad i says

3. Do you even know why they have to "balance" PvP? - Because they develope spells so they are working fine for PvE. It's been this way all expansions long, they release changes, after that they ahve to fix things because PvP'ers are comlaining about "OP" classes
    Sorry but what? They develop spells so they are working fine for PvE? Ignoring the whole PvP aspect, are you trying to say that classes are balanced in PvE? That enhancement shamans weren't complete garbage in WotLK? That assassination rogues were ever relevant in Cataclysm?

Classes are unbalanced in both aspects, and they always will be. This is true of literally every game (League of Legends as well). There are FotM classes/characters etc.

My point about balancing PvP, was that Blizzard dedicated numerous hours to try their best to balance as much as they could. They wouldn't have done that if they didn't care about PvP (like so many PvE players like to claim/believe).

So I'll sum up again with the exact same line, WoW DOES have a strong focus on PvP. They spend hours designing classes, weapons, statistics (pvp power/resilience), battlegrounds and arenas, because, again, strong focus on PvP.

Is it their top priority? I don't know and I never claimed to. But based on how much Legion has talked about PvP, I suspect that right now, it's pretty high on the priority list.

Your arguments just proof that you're an ignorant PvP player :D.
    And yours just prove that you're an ignorant PvE player :D.

4. WoW is made for PvP and PvE ! There is PvP gear and PvE gear in blizz you now have passives for PvP and PvE so deal with it. We don't have any content atm. I play here for so long both PvP and PvE. When you say spells are working in PvE well they are not and will never work as good as retail you will have unbalanced PvP and for PvE you are ok with your skills doing massive damage duh....Also there is PvP damage and PvE damage in the game it self. So PvEing with PvP gear ye I have done that it aint hard and it aint easy diff set bonuses. Having prideful gear for PvPers aint going to break the game PvE players will get SoO gear and that is it. PvPers are annoied cuz they got what 2 new BGs to play on and PvE players have new raids and dungeons for new gear or just for some mogs...Also when the new PvP gear comes I read some post about ppl with bigger rate getting the gear faster cuz of bigger cap...With new PvP gear comes new season- new seasom new cap new CP that is it all start on same cap. We all want something and we will all wait for it either we like it or not.

PS: Sorry for any mistakes in english I aint perfect.

5. As for players arguing how WoW isn't based on PvP, I have no clue how you came to that conclusion?
    What else did you mean by that because i don't get it? If it's strongly PvP focused, as you say, it has to be less focus on PvE, meaning it's PvP based, that's the same **** you are trying to negate XD

Assuming you mean Warcraft 3, those custom scenarios you speak so lowly of gave birth to the largest PvP game currently being played, League of Legends. Not only that, it is a well known fact that Warcraft 3 was admired not for its campaign (pve) but for its excellent online scene (pvp) specially so with regards to custom scenarios. The only thing Warcraft 3 changed in the RTS genre was the custom scenarios. Add in the fact that Starcraft is an equally big game on PvP, and you realize that Blizzard's strategy has always had PvP as a big component of its strategy.
    There were few custom scenarios typically PvP, not every, and not even half of these. Well, that depends if you compare PvP in RTS to battlegrounds and arenas in WoW, but that is really nah :D
    And idk if you noticed, but we are talking about Warcraft, not LoL and SC, these have nothing to do with our topic at all.

Please list the number of wars humans have fought against animals and other, non-intelligent beings, and compare that list to the number of wars humans have fought amongst themselves. The word "war", has, almost exclusively, been used for humans fighting others. I merely extended the usual use of the world to the game's name.
    Did you just refer to real life with the game?

Think now, few battlegrounds and arenas in each expansion, few spells designed just for pvp, nothing else really changes. Then almost similar balancing BOTH pvp and pve. Then at least 5 raids and 10 dungeons per expansion, which means TONS of designing and scripting. Yeah, I think you have to be right, WoW has much more focus on PvP. I see there is no sense to reason with a fool, good day, my friend.

6. And yours just prove that you're an ignorant PvE player :D.
    I PvP and PvE :D but ***** about anything because i know warmane doesn't give a **** what "you" say.

7. WoW is so PVP focused it took Blizz 6 months to add the first two battlegrounds and a whole expansion later arenas.

8. Anyone know why Strands of the Ancients was disabled some weeks ago?

9. Anyone know why Strands of the Ancients was disabled some weeks ago?
    If i recall correctly the tanks were buged. The defending team could go on the beach before the attacking team landed and could kill/bug them. If someone could correct me i would appreciate it. Can't remeber if the bombs were working or turrets. Also i think some classes could just blink threw the gates and enter the relick room and win like that (might be wrong here).
    Edited: March 31, 2016

10. Originally Posted by Thurisaz1
    There were few custom scenarios typically PvP, not every, and not even half of these. Well, that depends if you compare PvP in RTS to battlegrounds and arenas in WoW, but that is really nah :D
    Are you seriously suggesting that not even half of the game play on W3 battle.net wasn't PvP (namely custom scenarios, namely DOTA?)
    I mean sure, you could claim that, but then you basically show how little you know of the game, and anyone experienced with W3 would question if you ever even played it...

Originally Posted by Thurisaz1
    And idk if you noticed, but we are talking about Warcraft, not LoL and SC, these have nothing to do with our topic at all.
    Brought up Warcraft 3 as it is the direct predecessor to this game, and likely influenced a lot of design choices for WoW. Brought LoL because Blizzard is indirectly responsible for the largest PvP game (LoL comes from DotA, explaining because given your comments, I have to question if you really knew that).

Did you just refer to real life with the game?
    We were talking about the definition of the word.

Think now, few battlegrounds and arenas in each expansion, few spells designed just for pvp, nothing else really changes. Then almost similar balancing BOTH pvp and pve. Then at least 5 raids and 10 dungeons per expansion, which means TONS of designing and scripting. Yeah, I think you have to be right, WoW has much more focus on PvP.
    nothing else changes in between expansions for PvP? Are you serious right now? Between Cataclysm and MoP, you didn't notice significant changes in PvP? A whole new statistic around which the game is balanced flew right by you? Between MoP and WoD, you didn't notice any changes? Like half of the CCs in the game disappearing? Spells changing diminishing return categories? New DR categories being made? All of which required significant hours to balance? Between WoD and the proposed Legion changes, you don't realize a whole new system for PvP? Exactly how high are you, lol?

As for lack of new BGs, the reason is because unlike raids, BGs don't in fact get boring. They are highly reuseable, and Blizzard doesn't need to launch 10 new BGs every expansion, because people aren't playing for the BG, they are playing to have an actual human going against them. It is (arguably) that it is more challenging, and thus more rewarding.

I see there is no sense to reason with a fool, good day, my friend.
    I agree, best wishes on your raiding endeavors.

WoW is so PVP focused it took Blizz 6 months to add the first two battlegrounds and a whole expansion later arenas.
    Blizzard's initial design was to focus on World PvP. It fits better with lore as well. Then Blizzard realized that a lot of people don't like to be ganked and wanted to play on PvE realms, so they made BGs.
    By your argument, Blade and Soul, a game almost explicitly focusing on PvP has no battlegrounds, and therefor is not focused on PvP. I hope you understand what I'm getting at, but if not I would naturally love to clarify for you, as I have for the others.

11. As i go thru this thread its just funny to me how many "Hard core" pve players admit that they will abuse implementation of S15 set to get thru raids with ez .
    So much of "Hard core" pve community.

12. As i go thru this thread its just funny to me how many "Hard core" pve players admit that they will abuse implementation of S15 set to get thru raids with ez .
    So much of "Hard core" pve community.
    Even if most HC PvE players won't exploit this, there will be 4-5 times more players that WILL DO THIS. That is why we don't want this!

13. I played wc3 enough to claim that DotA games were not half of total games played, and if you think so, go find me official statistics, mr. wc3-master.
    I know very well that LoL came from DotA, but that doesn't have anything with the topic that is argue if wow is pvp based game.
    Compared to all pve changes, it's still much less than half, lol.
    No, we were not talking about any word's definitions, you started some **** 'bout that.
    BGs actually get boring much faster than raids. And we are playing for both npcs and our raid groups, so it's same at this point, another invalid argument.
    You write really much but most of it has no real sense, think about it and stop this trashtalking. Seriously, man. Such a dumbass XD

14. I'm out of popcorn. Just comparing the walls of text size, who wins lose. Meh I guess its as fun as playing on the realm atm.

First ... 2345 Last