1. Video contest | Ulduar & YouTube Intro

Greetings Warmane community,

As you might have noticed our YouTube channel hasn't been really much in use lately. We would like to change that however we need a capable video editor to create an intro for us which we can use in future for showcasing and compiling videos on our channel. So we decided to reach out to our community and let you kickstart our channel!

Ulduar Promotion Video
    • Video teaser showcasing our upcoming Ulduar release on Lordaeron
    • Minimum of 60 seconds length
    • Anything that comes to your mind that can make it interesting and entertaining

YouTube Intro
    • Maximum length of 10 seconds
    • Quick and simple
    • Anything that comes to your mind that can make it interesting and entertaining
    • An outro combination can be created as well

We will be only considering videos that have excellent production value, especially for the YouTube intro as it will be the face of every single video we put up on the channel. If there's no excellent submissions then no winner will be selected. You can combine both of the submissions in one video (Ulduar video starting with intro) and submit it, however creating both is requirement for winning. The entirety of the contest will be public and it will be contained in this thread.

The contest is open to the entire Warmane community. The winner / winners will be rewarded a sum of 150 coins for their work. Entries will be judged on their impact, original creative concept and technical execution.

Deadline for submissions is April 25th. Keep in mind though, the sooner your video is posted, the more time we have to evaluate it and more time for people to view it and give their opinions on it.

Don't want to make a video but still want to contribute?
    As mentioned before, all entries and the entirety of the contest will be happening in this thread. Feel free to post images, comments, concerns and rate your favourites here. The final decision will rest in our hands but the opinions of the community expressed in this thread will be invaluable and will take part in our decision process.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    Edited: April 15, 2016 Reason: Extended the date to 25th.

2. I will try to make a intro, will it be a issue if the intro is longer than 10 seconds?
    I think it will be 15 seconds maximum.

3. I created a quick and simple Youtube Intro.
    Video length is 11 seconds (I don't believe that 0.8 seconds is gonna be an issue)
    It's HD 1080p

4. I created a quick and simple Youtube Intro.
    Video length is 11 seconds (I don't believe that 0.8 seconds is gonna be an issue)
    It's HD 1080p

In my opinion:I think you should've used the official warmane logo instead of that Warmane.com best free private server in the the end. Biggest drawback-no epic music. Intro needs some nice music, for example the Lord teaser has really nice music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ9N7qHvJHI

5. @Proterean, maybe you should also link this thread to the website main page, so more people can see it.

6. In my opinion:I think you should've used the official warmane logo instead of that Warmane.com best free private server in the the end. Biggest drawback-no epic music. Intro needs some nice music, for example the Lord teaser has really nice music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ9N7qHvJHI

Well i can change it, and won't took me long, but their requirements makes all of this a bit hard for me, quick and simple. I have Warmane's logo, but it's not the size i needed.

7. it would be a great help for all interests of participation to provide the warmane logo in a decent size and quality

also id suggest to reduce the minimum length of the ulduar video. tbh thats pretty long for a "teaser" and i think 30-40secs as minimum would do it aswell

8. Yeah, Proterean could maybe post some additional material, like the logo pictures, maybe the music from the Lord teaser, cause i think it could really fit in beautifully with the intro.

9. I created a quick and simple Youtube Intro.
    It's HD 1080p

Good job. I like it.
    What defines a good intro may question you. I think if you look at the big software and gaming intro's for example: Plastation 1, Windows 95, Activision, EA sports. I can name dozens more. They all share some things:

1: The Logo that either has motion or not, It does not move from the screen.
    2: a pleasant but short sound.
    3: Cool video effects

I would recommend to get some inspiration from Youtube

10. Good job. I like it.
    What defines a good intro may question you. I think if you look at the big software and gaming intro's for example: Plastation 1, Windows 95, Activision, EA sports. I can name dozens more. They all share some things:
    ROFL it's PLAYSTATION!

11. Well i broke the rules straight away with way wayyyyy to long intro.
    But none the less here it is.

https://youtu.be/ay2SYoQJ7-w

12. Small preivew by whazorz.

Small preivew of intro what i have done so far there is still lot of things to put in.

13. Well i broke the rules straight away with way wayyyyy to long intro.

I actually liked it :)

14. Well i broke the rules straight away with way wayyyyy to long intro.

It's from Raven Pro Design right? I have the same intro, but i tried to fill the requirements.

123 ... Last