1. Old Player Relearning everything

Hey I'm BurningMetal, old wow player looking to play again and relearn everything, looking forward to playing with you guys/gals :)

Use to play back in 2008 for awhile then stopped haven't played in awhile, looking to play again should i play Wrath of the lich king or try mist. Would like some info on this tell me what you think, what I should play and how do the servers run. Please and thank you

2. Wotlk realms are very well scripted, compared to other expansions. If you like questing and discovering, you might want to try Lordaeron realm (1x blizzlike). If you want to get through leveling quickly, then Deathwing or Ragnaros (both have 7x xp rates).
    Not so sure about cataclysm. They are not focusing on cataclysm development that much atm, but doesn't mean you shouldn't try it - Neltharion (7x xp rates).
    If you are a pokemon enthusiast, try MoP expansion. New class (Monk) and new content (pet battles, pandaria...) which you may be interested in - Frostwolf (7x xp rates also).
    Last but not least, instant PvP realms are Warsong(Cataclysm) and Blackrock(Wotlk). Best choice for PvP players who want to jump straight into action. These realms are not as popular as other realms, though.