1. Cataclysm completely diminishing!

Greetings, fellow community. This has probably been discussed about on several occasions, but I would like to bring it up again. As a fellow Cataclysm player, I am sad that developers are focusing more on other expansions instead of dividing their resources to make equal progress on Cataclysm aswell on WotLK and MoP. This expansion has humongous potential. I really do not get why the administration did not already script all preCata dungeons and instances, which would make the experience and gameplay far more interesting than it is right now. People would go through them to gain xmog items or achievments or anything related to that matter. But after someone goes through the end- game process of completing DS hc, FL hc and all other dungeons and instances on Cataclysm, and goes through the whole PvP based experience, there is actually nothing much left to do but to make another character. The devs keep paying their attention to everything else besides Cata. What we get are these minor updates once in a blue moon. Panda comes out, devs start scripting Panda. Lordaeron comes out, devs start scripting Lordaeron, then do a little Panda scripting and whats left of Cata. Jack %#^! It takes just little to make it more challenging and interesting. I hope I am not the only one who feels this way and I hope that the devs and the whole Warmane administration will hear me out. Thanks for reading and have fun playing WoW.
    Edited: April 2, 2016

2. At least they have now assigned a guy to script Cata and he is making regular updates. It's still my favorite Warmane expansion, bugs and all. And eventually they will have WOTLK and MoP in good shape and maybe then they will be able to allocate more resources to Cata. Hard to blame them for concentrating on the expansions that most people play.

3. In case you didn't know, they have offerd to update Cata to MoP so you could have more regular updates or stay as Cata and get updates when they have spare time. Since the players wanted to keep Cata you will just have to live with the fact that you play on the expansion that's "last in line" for updates.

4. In case you didn't know, they have offerd to update Cata to MoP so you could have more regular updates or stay as Cata and get updates when they have spare time. Since the players wanted to keep Cata you will just have to live with the fact that you play on the expansion that's "last in line" for updates.
    Who offered that and when? I don't see it happening. Either way, if it is something real, it is not well thought through.
    I hope something like that happens, Danthril.

5. It was on January 5th
    [CANCELLED] PROPOSITION: CATACLYSM INTO MISTS OF PANDARIA UPDATE (Q2 2016)
    There are two reasons for this proposition. Firstly, in spite of all our efforts, our development team is stretched too thin to achieve the desired quality across 3 expansions. Secondly, due to this, players get the feeling that their realm does not get enough attention or feels abandoned. An expansion update from Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria would help us focus on 2 expansions, significantly improving development efficiency. Naturally, if proceeded, this update would take place only after a Frostwolf's 5.4.0 to 5.4.8 update is proved to be successful and achieves a desirable level of quality, because abandoning Cataclysm and downgrading its community's experience is not the purpose of the proposition. Keep in mind that this is a proposition for both Neltharion and Warsong, it is not an announcement and community feedback will be the primary factor before we make a decision. I stress again Cataclysm will NOT be upgraded if majority of Cataclysm community will not support the proposition.

Warmane does not aim to be the 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. In 2015 we had to make a choice of specialization, that choice was Wrath of the Lich King. Lordaeron's success indicates that our efforts were not in vain. Our current manpower and resources prevent us from working effectively on all 3 expansions at once. If we spread development equally across all 3 expansions, it will be a matter of time until quality degrades on all of them. Please be considerate in your feedback.

Source: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ospective-2016

At the bottom the greyed out part.

6. Well, the only thing we can hope for now is that Danthril is right and that in time, they will put effort in Cataclysm after they have done most of the job on wotlk and MoP.

7. At least they have now assigned a guy to script Cata and he is making regular updates. It's still my favorite Warmane expansion, bugs and all. And eventually they will have WOTLK and MoP in good shape and maybe then they will be able to allocate more resources to Cata. Hard to blame them for concentrating on the expansions that most people play.
    "now".. we always had 1 developer scriping cata and that guy is Green_dev

8. Greetings, fellow community. This has probably been discussed about on several occasions, but I would like to bring it up again. As a fellow Cataclysm player, I am sad that developers are focusing more on other expansions instead of dividing their resources to make equal progress on Cataclysm aswell on WotLK and MoP. This expansion has humongous potential. I really do not get why the administration did not already script all preCata dungeons and instances, which would make the experience and gameplay far more interesting than it is right now. People would go through them to gain xmog items or achievments or anything related to that matter. But after someone goes through the end- game process of completing DS hc, FL hc and all other dungeons and instances on Cataclysm, and goes through the whole PvP based experience, there is actually nothing much left to do but to make another character. The devs keep paying their attention to everything else besides Cata. What we get are these minor updates once in a blue moon. Panda comes out, devs start scripting Panda. Lordaeron comes out, devs start scripting Lordaeron, then do a little Panda scripting and whats left of Cata. Jack %#^! It takes just little to make it more challenging and interesting. I hope I am not the only one who feels this way and I hope that the devs and the whole Warmane administration will hear me out. Thanks for reading and have fun playing WoW.
    But isn't this great news as Warmane can focus more attention on better expansions? Generally a lot of people hated Cataclysm and its shown here. There is also other Cata servers to play on that have a better pop, might wanna look into one of those.

9. It is not great news for those that actually play Cataclysm. And if it is hated so much, then why don't they remove it completely? It is because there are still people who play Cata, and your comment is completely reduntant. No offence though.

10. @Datebayo
    I have read only your first post so maybe what I am gonna say it has alread been told by someone else.

on January Staff proposed to merge Neltharion and Warosng with MoP ( so Frostwolf realm), because they do not care about Cata realms. They would rather deal with Wotlk and MoP instead.
    Most of Cata players said: " No thanks. If we play on Cata Realms is because we want "Cata", not "MoP"
    Staff said: " Fine, then as compromise ( to keep Cata Realm open) you have to accept that our Main focus will be Wotlk and MoP ( so less fixes to Cata than other Expansions) "

Since January Cata received 2 update ( so not that bad) and this is the last Devlog about Cata:
    (17 March)
    "Following up on our first patch for Deepholm a few weeks ago we are now ready to release the second and final patch for Deepholm. This means the whole zone, including all quests, events and npc's will be fully implemented and available to players. Additionally, we will also implement several high priority spell and combat fixes picked from our bugtracker. The update is scheduled for Monday, 21st of March. Following this update, development will focus on porting low level content as well as further zone and spell fixes."

11. At least they have now assigned a guy to script Cata and he is making regular updates.
    correction, 2 devs now

"now".. we always had 1 developer scriping cata and that guy is Green_dev
    green_dev was dragged off to I think Ulduar or ICC for Lordaeron a few months back, don't know if he's one of the 2 working on cata now tho

12. It is not great news for those that actually play Cataclysm. And if it is hated so much, then why don't they remove it completely? It is because there are still people who play Cata, and your comment is completely reduntant. No offence though.
    because they do care enough to try and keep some people happy even if they are a minority, they still want you to have options and a good time. but cata was always the red headed step child of wow expansion, that was until Warlords of Dreanor and it will always have the least amount of players on it no matter what. Cata could be a 100% working but many people would still rather play WoTLK or MoP. it's just the way it is. From a business PoV it's not a very bright idea to invest a lot of time into something that isn't going to attract as many customers.

Wotlk has over 10k players on an average day.

MoP still has more players on an average day with around 2.5k.

and

Cata sadly comes in last with around 1.5k.

So where's the incentive for warmane to invest so much time and money into fixing a server that not a lot of people are flocking to to play on?

Your whole thread is about, "me me me" and not about, "us us us". Warmane is a large community of players with 3 expansions under their belt, at this point i'd bet you anything that if warmane started a Vanilla and a TBC server they both individually would still have more players then a Cata Server.

I think you're expecting to be pandered to and I for one am glad that Warmane has made all the right decisions so far.

good job Warmane!

13. As we have noted previously in our announcements, we are assigning several developers to to work on the Cataclysm expansion and you might hat noticed by the more frequent updates that we are keeping our word. It might not be our most populated expansion but we are trying our best to give it what we can.

14. As we have noted previously in our announcements, we are assigning several developers to to work on the Cataclysm expansion and you might hat noticed by the more frequent updates that we are keeping our word. It might not be our most populated expansion but we are trying our best to give it what we can.
    Several? Sounds great. I think that's a smart move as well, since there just aren't that many Cata servers out there. I honestly think it's the best expansion for pvp- the classes hit the sweet spot of balance best in that xpac, imo.

15. As we have noted previously in our announcements, we are assigning several developers to to work on the Cataclysm expansion and you might hat noticed by the more frequent updates that we are keeping our word. It might not be our most populated expansion but we are trying our best to give it what we can.
    Will AT Core ever come on Warsong or you guys have already decided to not use it anymore?