1. New Player fire mage or ret paladin?

Im new to wotlk and i am not sure whether to play a ret paladin or fire mage. I can wait some time for replies as I am waiting for my friends to start leveling. I am planning on playing pve dps and i think those are the most fun classes for me. Am I going to be accepted as a fire mage or ret paladin in raids tho. I have cataclysm experience with both mage and paladin but my mage was arcane and frost and i havent tried fire and i have played holy paladin and ret paladin in cataclysm. Also in cata and other expansions I really liked My Ret Paladin and Holy Paladin as to the frost mage was okay for pvp and arcane was boring for pve. Not sure what I want to roll for this expansion. Also what is easier to play as well as fun. I dont really care about top dps. Even tho I want to be good and go do raids I know both are good pve dps classes but not sure what is more fun and wanted in raids. Thanks :D

2. Ret Paladin : If you know what being a paladin really is, rather than those type of people who cant play anything else

Mage : Go Arcane Mage until TOC gear and with ICC gear Fire Mage would be good too, but on lower gears Fire mage is nothing in front of an arcane one

3. Alright thanks.I like the playstyle of a paladin and also fire mage seems cool. Are there any other fun/easy dps specs/classes I should try out. Except warrior/rogue cause im bored as **** when playing warriors/rogue now. Played alot of them in cata and hell lot of so mainly anything easy and fun except rogue/warrior

4. I would go for ret pally (dont really like casters) since they are more versatile than fire mages. I mean if you ever get bored with playing as a dps you can switch it up and play as tank or healer. While playing as a mage doesnt really give you much choice than dps.

5. Yeah i also dont like casters but I will consider that in choosing my opinion thanks.

6. Btw i am also wondering about gear. Everyone seems to play ret paladin or warrior or DK so I am not going to progress as quickly as I would've wanted to and there are alot of ret paladins so it will be hard to get into raids i think. Please reply

7. Anyway if someone wants to help me add me ingame Adamwins

8. Im new to wotlk and i am not sure whether to play a ret paladin or fire mage. I can wait some time for replies as I am waiting for my friends to start leveling. I am planning on playing pve dps and i think those are the most fun classes for me. Am I going to be accepted as a fire mage or ret paladin in raids tho. I have cataclysm experience with both mage and paladin but my mage was arcane and frost and i havent tried fire and i have played holy paladin and ret paladin in cataclysm. Also in cata and other expansions I really liked My Ret Paladin and Holy Paladin as to the frost mage was okay for pvp and arcane was boring for pve. Not sure what I want to roll for this expansion. Also what is easier to play as well as fun. I dont really care about top dps. Even tho I want to be good and go do raids I know both are good pve dps classes but not sure what is more fun and wanted in raids. Thanks :D
    Go paladin. Roll Holy for PvE and go Ret in PvP. Mage can be fun, but you're forced into a single spot, with no versatility nor choice in the matter.

9. It is all personal preference. Everybody has their own ideas, you can get dozens of different contradicting answers. I would suggest before committing any class, go one of our instant 80 realm and try them to see how they are at end game. Leveling a character and being regretful is massive facepalm on a 1x server.

My personal choice is mage tho. There are several reasons for that:

1- Paladin feels so dull, you can do an average job just by using 5-6 abilities. On the other hand mage is more complicated thus funnier.
    2- Getting gear is a mess with a paladin, especially if you cant make up your mind like me. You can be anything, tank, dps or healer. Your bank will be full of gear and you may end up changing talents every month. You need to be very dedicated on one role and stick with it. Mage is easier on that sense, all your gear is just for dps and with same gear you can be arcane, fire or frost (Well, not ideally cause fire needs crit, arcane needs more speed but we are comparing it with paladin here).
    3- At end game raids competition will be so much higher for paladin cause they are more popular. If you are planning to do PvE, good luck with a paladin. Especially at 10man raids or VoA 10/25. There will be more likely to have multiple paladins in ICC10 than the mages. Or there will be atleast 4-5 (may be 6-7) paladins and 2-3 mages at VOA25. You can do the math of your chance to win a Wrathful peice there.