1. ah ...no is true i'm disappointed now

2. no, isn't bad is the best , with guarded by the ligth divine plea is active the whole combat not just the normal 10 seconds, so are 12% eternally
    Again,it only affects Divine Plea.The 4pc bonus is called "Deliverance",and lasts for 10 secs.

3. I have a simple question, should I put 10agi+15stam in red socket or 10str+15stam? What's the difference, which one would be better?

4. I have a simple question, should I put 10agi+15stam in red socket or 10str+15stam? What's the difference, which one would be better?
    Taken from the guide:

Spoiler: Show
    Strength
    - 1 Str = 2 AP
    - 10 Str = 5 BV (6.5 with Redoubt)
    - 10 Str = 6 SP due to Touched by the Light

Agility
    - 59.89 Agi = +1% dodge chance.
    - 52.08 Agi = +1% melee crit chance. All of your ability(exept Exorcism) scale with Melee Crit
    - 1 Agi = 2 Armor

Armor does scale with the incoming damage - the more you'd take, the more gets mitigated. Armor will always mitigate X% of the incoming damage.
    The avoidance is a neat addition.

BV doesn't scale. It's a static reduction whenever you block. Block becomes less desirable if your uptime on Holy Shield is bad (for whatever reason) or the further you get into endgame content (due to increased incoming damage). More importantly, you are not guaranteed to block.

Strength is the better threat stat. Although it's beaten by expertise if you are below 26.

Generally speaking, agility is the better stat from a tanking perspective. Strength should only be considered if you want to have more threat.

5. Taken from the guide:

Spoiler: Show
    Strength
    - 1 Str = 2 AP
    - 10 Str = 5 BV (6.5 with Redoubt)
    - 10 Str = 6 SP due to Touched by the Light

Agility
    - 59.89 Agi = +1% dodge chance.
    - 52.08 Agi = +1% melee crit chance. All of your ability(exept Exorcism) scale with Melee Crit
    - 1 Agi = 2 Armor

Armor does scale with the incoming damage - the more you'd take, the more gets mitigated. Armor will always mitigate X% of the incoming damage.
    The avoidance is a neat addition.

BV doesn't scale. It's a static reduction whenever you block. Block becomes less desirable if your uptime on Holy Shield is bad (for whatever reason) or the further you get into endgame content (due to increased incoming damage). More importantly, you are not guaranteed to block.

Strength is the better threat stat. Although it's beaten by expertise if you are below 26.

Generally speaking, agility is the better stat from a tanking perspective. Strength should only be considered if you want to have more threat.
    Thank you for making it more clear to me and explaining it in such detail. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong using agi+stam gems but my friend says otherwise lol. Thanks again!

6. Guys i'm building a pally tank i'm 5k gs and i'm about to buy my first tier 10 piece, what piece should i buy? i heard from some guildies that shoulder is the less important t10 piece for pally tanks but i found many guides that ppl don't use the chest, what piece should i buy, and what piece i shouldn't buy?

7. May 21, 2018  
    Would you mind posting new links for the talent specs? The links don't work anymore and bring you to a website that calculate for retail now. Thanks so much for this guide :) It has been helping me a lot to learn pally otherwise!

8. May 22, 2018  
    Would you mind posting new links for the talent specs? The links don't work anymore and bring you to a website that calculate for retail now. Thanks so much for this guide :) It has been helping me a lot to learn pally otherwise!
    Keep in mind this guide is pretty dated. So you can disregard mentions of bugs within it.

These are approximations by me. The builds are based on what I read in the guide.

Ret;
    1st link - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...00000000000000
    2nd link - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...00000000000000

Holy;
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...00000000000000
    Posted on the previous page.

9. They work fine for me.

10. Thanks for the detailed work. I really like reading tanking guides and learning more. However, and as always, I have some questions.

This time Sindragosa. I've never tanked this boss. As usual, I watched a lot of videos and searched the web to inform my self about tactics, and I understand the fight. But there are some specifics that I don't know how to handle as paladin tank. You can describe the fight generally, but here are some questions as well.

- How should I deal with Frost Breath and Blistring Cold ? Defensive cds or eating damage ? How many stacks of each debuff should I have (handling first and third phase) ? What should I do as MT and what should I do as OT ? Should I switch every other tomb in phase 3 ? etc.

NOTE: Explanation for solo-tanking not required, but is welcome if it greatly clarifies the subject. The difficulty is for 10 man normal.

My current set up:
    - 4/5 T10
    - Trinkets: Satrina's Impeding Scarab, Corroded Skeleton Key, Unidentifiable Organ, Glyph of Indomitability, Corpse Tongue Coin.
    - Librams: Valiance, Defiance, Sacred Shield.
    - Expertise: 22/32 with SoV
    - No salvation glyph.
    - Consumables: Blackened Dragonfin, Flask of Stoneblood, Indestructible potion.

And regarding LK's Soul reaper. Same scenario: 10 man, two tanks. Should I use defensive if taunt rotation is correct ?
    Oh, and one more thing. What are good situations to use Hand Of Sacrifice on MT in any icc boss fight, preferably without making healers panic ?

Looking forward to all replies.. Cheers!

11. On Sindragosa, neither the Frost Breath or Blistering Cold by themselves are lethal so long as your healers keep you up. Sometimes a Frost Breath close enough to the time of a Blistering Cold that one CD usage covers both, this is where I like using a CD like Sindy's trink. Divine Guardian is also a decent CD to use on a Blistering Cold because the raid-wide effect reduces the damage taken from the aura and other sources by your raid members while your healers are moving and unable to heal. The other thing to base CD usage on is the amount of your tank healers with Unchained Magic. Remember to Hand of Freedom the Frost Breath's debuff off yourself. Chilled to the Bone stacks shouldn't be an issue until p3 but if they are, it's a simple of matter of stopping your auto attacks until they fall off.

In Phase 3 it's a good idea to taunt after your tank has 3 or 4 stacks. Make sure you're either taunting with a CD up, or you announce your taunt sufficiently in advance that your healers have time to switch their healing to you. Good OT support on your MT with regard to things like Hand of Sac, Divine Sac, and Lay on Hands is critical. Hand of Sac and Dsac usage depends on your MT's stacks, his own CDs up, no. of healers that are alive or have Unchained Magic, etc.

For LK I'd definitely run the Salvation glyph. You lack for defensive CDs that are frequently usable and the Salv glyph provides some much needed help in that area. I put together a tanking guide specifically for LK some time ago (it's still not complete yet). I'd say it's worthwhile using a def CD when taunting on Reapers, especially if Ardent happens not to be up. The melee attacks can be healed through so long as your healers just keep spamming heals on you but you can make their life easier with sometime like Divine Guardian or the Hand of Salv glyph. Non-Holy Paladin healers also often take a second or two to redirect their healing on you when you taunt so this should be something to keep in mind.

First ... 34567 ... Last