1. Mercy has already provided the link to Rawr, in this same thread.
    anyone able to upload a copy of the addon? codeplex went read-only and you have to download the entire archive now instead of a single release

2. anyone able to upload a copy of the addon? codeplex went read-only and you have to download the entire archive now instead of a single release
    Rawr v.2.3.22

Enjoy.

3. Has something changed with Bryntroll recently?

Was just in a raid with another Ret pally (he's far from bis, lots of 251/264 items, but has WFS/TAIAJ) who was using HC Bryntroll. I am a full BIS Ret.

Over the same bossfight, Bryntroll procced 28 times, dealing 4680 damage on average, making up 9.8% of his total DPS (more than JoV). It dealt 131041 total. Smourne procced 26 times during this fight (using FreeMe for cancelling), dealing 1669 damage on average (43405 in total), which was 3.1% of my total DPS.

I cannot believe this is intended or functioning correctly, it seems totally busted.
    Edited: April 29, 2018

4. There is a high chance he was lucky that atempt and got **** ton of Bryntroll procs.

Proc from Bryntroll should always do more dmg than proc from Shadowmourne.
    But that comes with the cost of higly lower Weapon DMG and less Strength which will increase ur overall ability dmg.

So i guess u should also take into account diference btwn both Melee avrg dmg and DS/CS/Seal/Judg aswell.

This is all i know, but if u test it and notice its proc is constantly high (in 99 out of 100 dps atempts of 2-3mil dmg on a dummy for example) there might be something wrong with it...

5. There is a high chance he was lucky that atempt and got **** ton of Bryntroll procs.

Proc from Bryntroll should always do more dmg than proc from Shadowmourne.
    But that comes with the cost of higly lower Weapon DMG and less Strength which will increase ur overall ability dmg.

So i guess u should also take into account diference btwn both Melee avrg dmg and DS/CS/Seal/Judg aswell.

This is all i know, but if u test it and notice its proc is constantly high (in 99 out of 100 dps atempts of 2-3mil dmg on a dummy for example) there might be something wrong with it...
    Is the proc meant to be RNG rather than PPM?

It seemed more or less consistently high on all bosses. He was staying even with me on several bosses, being 6.2k GS with lots to improve upon.

I might see if I can get my hands on one and do some testing on a dummy, but I'm wondering if it's worth it - if it is just a recent bug.

6. It has a baseline of 2 PPM. Considering how many (hidden or otherwise) strikes paladins have (esp. with taiaj) it's not inconcievable for it to be so high for him. He might also be doing a very poor job queuing his abilities /shrugg. But as Gnimo already pointed out the loss of weapon damage and overall stats is substantial. There's also the problem of Bryn being a 3.4 speed weapon (at least the heroic version) which ranks it even further down.

7. Now that you mention that , I was on 10 man icc and there was this paladin around 5.8k with bryntoll, I am paladin 6.2-6.3. He was keeping with me even though he did not have enchants and gems and his gear is terrible. He doesnt even have Tiny (his trinket is from the vendor of heroism). I am almost BiS agi pally normal/hc. It's was kind-a strange, cause he is new to the game, no enchants. Probably is some moment bug.

8. It has a baseline of 2 PPM.
    Should. Doesn't necessarily mean it is scripted that way on here. If the claims about the procs and damage output of the weapon are true (and not exaggerated), then it is not behaving as it should.

Now that you mention that , I was on 10 man icc and there was this paladin around 5.8k with bryntoll, I am paladin 6.2-6.3. He was keeping with me even though he did not have enchants and gems and his gear is terrible. He doesnt even have Tiny (his trinket is from the vendor of heroism). I am almost BiS agi pally normal/hc. It's was kind-a strange, cause he is new to the game, no enchants. Probably is some moment bug.
    It's hard to determine that without seeing details of a damage meter or logs. Some testing is in order.
    Good thing I happen to have one laying around!

37 procs in a 5-minute timeframe on a training dummy. Seem like it's working properly to you guys?

9. The numbers Mercy posted are similar to the ones i had back on PTR torney realm where i was trying to see if proc is worth when comparing Bryn vs Oath.

Most of the time u should get 5-8% on Drain Life, but sometimes it procs insanely good.

Test some more i guess if any of u are eager to make a posible bugtracker report. :D

10. 5-8% of ur total dmg is kind of op
    when u consider it's also giving heals
    and what % dmg do u think the secondary stats on a 2-hander usually account for?
    probs not that much
    Too bad the weap is so fast

11. It has a baseline of 2 PPM. Considering how many (hidden or otherwise) strikes paladins have (esp. with taiaj) it's not inconcievable for it to be so high for him. He might also be doing a very poor job queuing his abilities /shrugg. But as Gnimo already pointed out the loss of weapon damage and overall stats is substantial. There's also the problem of Bryn being a 3.4 speed weapon (at least the heroic version) which ranks it even further down.
    But if the difference in damage from the proc is so substantial does the difference in base stats make up for it? ~40k vs ~130k seems like a massive difference that those stats wouldn't necessarily make up for.

Again, can't really say much at this time without more testing.

Should. Doesn't necessarily mean it is scripted that way on here. If the claims about the procs and damage output of the weapon are true (and not exaggerated), then it is not behaving as it should.

It's hard to determine that without seeing details of a damage meter or logs. Some testing is in order.
    Good thing I happen to have one laying around!

37 procs in a 5-minute timeframe on a training dummy. Seem like it's working properly to you guys?
    Interesting, seems really inconsistent. For reference the Paladin in question dealt 9.8% of his total damage in the fight from Drain Life alone (more than Judgement/CS/Cons etc). I wish I took a screenshot of the recount log because it cleared his data after he left the group. On certain bosses like Sindra I was struggling to keep up with him, pulling around 14k DPS on average.

Was that test with the HC version of Bryntroll or the NM version? It's just speculation but I heard someone mention something about a big difference between the procrates between NM and HC Trauma.

12. Should. Doesn't necessarily mean it is scripted that way on here.
    Fair enough, it may or may not be 2 PPM on the servers. 1:0 in your favor when it comes to technicalities.

But if the difference in damage from the proc is so substantial does the difference in base stats make up for it? ~40k vs ~130k seems like a massive difference that those stats wouldn't necessarily make up for.
    No way :D. The proc would need to be off the charts bugged for it to ever surpass SM. Rarw estimates the dps drop from going from SM to Bryntroll to be roughly 2.6k dps for me (in complete BiS), which is realistic. The proc would need to be so bugged as to make up for that and make some more on top of it. Reason is the weapon damage and weapon speed difference (and the loss of 46 strength which is basically another profession's worth of stats).
    Edited: April 30, 2018

13. Interesting, seems really inconsistent. For reference the Paladin in question dealt 9.8% of his total damage in the fight from Drain Life alone (more than Judgement/CS/Cons etc). I wish I took a screenshot of the recount log because it cleared his data after he left the group. On certain bosses like Sindra I was struggling to keep up with him, pulling around 14k DPS on average.

Was that test with the HC version of Bryntroll or the NM version? It's just speculation but I heard someone mention something about a big difference between the procrates between NM and HC Trauma.
    I have the heroic version, and I also didn't have raid-environment buffs.

No way :D. The proc would need to be off the charts bugged for it to ever surpass SM. Rarw estimates the dps drop from going from SM to Bryntroll to be roughly 2.6k dps for me (in complete BiS), which is realistic. The proc would need to be so bugged as to make up for that and make some more on top of it. Reason is the weapon damage and weapon speed difference (and the loss of 46 strength which is basically another profession's worth of stats).
    I estimated, accounting for the seal fall-off time on the dummy, that the proc of the heroic version of my weapon that test was worth about ~420 dps (blaze it).
    I wouldn't be surprised if it procced more in AoE, but based on further tests I did, it seems consistent. So, not better than Shadowmourne for sure. But the question remains, do raid buffs matter (haste buffs for ex.)? And does the difference in a normal and heroic weapon matter? The citation about Trauma is a good example, because the normal version procs more than the heroic version, or at least it did when I last checked.

14. June 3, 2018  
    from Wowhead (patch 3.3.0, post made 2009/12/17. Source: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50709/br...ter#comments):

The theorycrafting on this potent weapon is still rather sparse, so I spent several hours testing the limits of the proc and it's dps contribution. First off, the basics:

°The 264 version proc has an average damage of 2250, while the 277 version has an average of 2538.
    °The damage does not scale with any character stats (though the dps does, more on that below).
    °The damage does scale with any percentage damage increases that affect spell damage, such as Avenging Wrath, Curse of Elements, Blood Presence, etc.
    °The drain can proc off of any weapon attack, as well as some odd events such as applying or refreshing effects such as deathknight diseases or the paladin talent Righteous Vengeance. These odd events do have some requirements though. The drain can proc off of the refreshing of some DoTs or debuffs so long as the character is within melee range of and facing the target for the drain. Specific to the deathknight class, the drain can proc off of the disease application of Icy Touch (assuming you are in melee range), can double-proc off Plague Strike (the strike and the disease application), and on each target that is in melee range and in front of you from Pestilence.
    °The drain has a base proc rate of 2 procs-per-minute, or 11.3333% chance per swing, and has no internal cooldown.
    °The drain can proc multiple times per attack, provided there's are more than one weapon event for the attack. For example, the drain can multi-proc off the following:
    -On any or all of the multiple targets of Cleave, Whirlwind, Divine Storm, Heart Strike, or Sweeping Strikes.
    -From a melee (or special) and it's subsequent seal proc, Blood-Caked Blade proc, or Windfury proc.
    -From both the physical and shadow portions of Scourge Strike.
    °The drain can not proc from any spells, excluding the odd events mentioned above.
    °The drain is incapable of critting and functions on the spell hit table. However, it doesn't seem to be resistible.

Now, with a 2 PPM baseline, the weapon will deal 2 procs a minute before any waste or special attacks or talents are factored in, giving it a minimum dps of 75. In practice, the proc will usually provide between 200 and 400 dps, depending on the character's haste rating, spec and rotation (and therefore number of procable attacks per second), spell hit chance, and +damage buffs present. A good estimate is that it will provide approximately 4-8% of a character's dps. For many classes, this means the proc is worth the equivalent of between 400 and 800 additional attack power, though it's place on the best-in-slot list is strongly dependent class, spec, haste rating, and rotation. In general is can be assumed to be near the top of the list, however, as the proc itself provides a fairly respectable amount of dps while also making it easier for the healers to keep you alive through miscellaneous raid damage.

15. June 8, 2018  
    Hello to every player of light's Warrior,

Thanks for guide and thread discussions,

After reading everything i still have some questions (if some of you still follow this topic)

Is opening 1h + shield worth with Smourne?

Is SoR > SoC with endgear of ICC / RS ?
    ( if it is, so shall i play with 26exp (w/o SoV glyph?)

Is Last word hm better than 1.5 1h for open due to proc str ?

What enchant for 1h weap for opening? Blackmagic, berserker, mongoose ? Anything else ?

You don't talk about engineer's bomb? Don't you use it? Or isn't it worth at all?

Thanks for replying guys.

First ... 9171819202129 ... Last