1. June 8, 2018  
    Is opening 1h + shield worth with Smourne?
    It never is.

Is SoR > SoC with endgear of ICC / RS ?
    ( if it is, so shall i play with 26exp (w/o SoV glyph?)
    SoR is ideal when a target is going to live for a very short amount of time (think of >5-7sec) and you're going to hit it with a Judgment.
    SoC will be better for cleave damage when you have multiple targets in melee range.

Is Last word hm better than 1.5 1h for open due to proc str ?

What enchant for 1h weap for opening? Blackmagic, berserker, mongoose ? Anything else ?
    Refer to #1.

You don't talk about engineer's bomb? Don't you use it? Or isn't it worth at all?
    Depends.
    The bombs that have a cast time, don't bother with them.
    Those that are instant, use them when you have a free GCD.

2. July 8, 2019  
    So question, if you are expertise capped would you still want he glyph of seal of vengeance ? Is there benefit to increasing expertise beyond soft cap? Or should i use something like seal of exorcism instead?

3. July 8, 2019  
    So question, if you are expertise capped would you still want he glyph of seal of vengeance ? Is there benefit to increasing expertise beyond soft cap? Or should i use something like seal of exorcism instead?
    Full bis rets get ~16 expertise from items - glyph is extremely necessary to them as the cap is 26. If you are not even close to bis and get 26 (or more) from items alone, then yes, the glyph is a complete waste.

4. July 8, 2019  
    Yes, you would use Glyph of Exorcism instead.

5. Any BiS list for 2T9 + 2T10 palaret ?
    I know it's suboptimal but I really like the build and though I'd give it a shot

My first guess was head and legs T9 (since for both those pieces T9 and T10 bring the same kind of stats so it doesn't throw off the balance) , then shoulder + torso T10 and agi gloves, but maybe using "big" pieces like head and legs for T9 makes me lose more raw stats than small pieces..

Any theorycraft on this ?

6. If you don't want to throw your stats out of whack while putting the T9 bonus into what would usually be a normal bis set, then your best options would be helm and chest. You could min/max around hit and expertise changes on the other pieces, but I don't think it's going to make enough of an impact to bother much with.

7. ye uhm, theres absolutely no reason to go 2pt9. not sure why you would ever consider it over 4pt10

8. I know it's suboptimal but I really like the build and though I'd give it a shot
    I've said it, I know it's not optimal but I just really want to give it a shot
    And it's honestly not that bad, my 2t9 + 2t10 itemset currently competes with my 4t10 in terms of DPS (I'm around 5k9 gs with both set)
    The power will surely shift in favor of 4t10 as my gearscores goes up, but 2t9 is far from trash right now

If I get togc tokens before I get ICC tokens, 2t9 might literally be my most optimal spec in this very moment

9. Hello.
    Ive been checking over and over, I have just one question about the gear. For an Agi Paladin, Oathbinder is a must or can be played at the same lvl with Gloren? Having bracers, 1 ring, cloak and belt as agility items.
    Thank you

10. I have some questions for people who know ret paladin really well, can ret without SM (rest bis) do competitive dps?
    Bloodfall HC vs Oathbinder hc?
    [Fleshrending Gauntlets] from fester 25 hc (plate hands ) vs [Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy] rot 25hc (leather hands) vs [Anub'ar Stalker's Gloves] VDW 25 hc (mail hands) ?
    What trinkets should i use at bis if i don t want SM? Tiny abom and sts?
    and if you don t mind give me a reason why you chose , for each (i want to understand more about the ret paladin)

11. I have some questions for people who know ret paladin really well, can ret without SM (rest bis) do competitive dps?
    Competitive DPS yes, easily

Bloodfall HC vs Oathbinder hc?
    Depends on the rest of your gear, but most of the time Oathbinder wins because of larger weapon damage, which is by far your most important stat

anub'ar stalker gloves: more stats and the extra manapool helps on longer fights like LK

yes
    not much to add there

12. Hello.
    Ive been checking over and over, I have just one question about the gear. For an Agi Paladin, Oathbinder is a must or can be played at the same lvl with Gloren? Having bracers, 1 ring, cloak and belt as agility items.
    Thank you
    The dps difference between the two weapons isn't going to put you in a different league of players. Oathbinder is more ideal, of course, but nothing to worry about if you can't manage to get your hands on it.

Death's Choice/Verdict is a good trinket as well and can be used in place of STS in a pinch. But pretty much yes.

13. Competitive DPS yes, easily
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
    ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

The difference in your damage with sm compared to oathbinder/gloren is very significant. Rarw estimates it at about 2.1k DPS. If you think you'll be competitive with oath compared to other classes/rets with sm, you're sorely mistaken.

^(All of this is assuming end-game gear of course)

14. that's still good enough to progress every single WotLK raid, with or without buff, so yes I call that competitive.
    You don't play paladin to top the charts anyway so..

15. that's still good enough to progress every single WotLK raid with or without buff
    That's not what the question was about.

I call that competitive.
    You seem to have a distorted view of what "competitive" means for a damage dealer.

You don't play paladin to top the charts anyway so..
    Paladins are perfectly capable of topping or being very near the top for a lot of fights in ICC. Keeping a steady 20k in complete BiS isn't exactly difficult so I call bs to this quote in particular. Otherwise I do agree that dps is definitely the only thing paladins are brought for.

Anyway, his/her question was specific,
    I have some questions for people who know ret paladin really well, can ret without SM (rest bis) do competitive dps? ...
    and for every normal person the word "competitive" in this context would mean "be able to beat/be on par with others". The answer to that is, without SM, you've no chance in hell to be competitive with warriors, mages, ferals, rogues, dks, other rets with SM at the end-game. SM is just THAT strong for rets.
    Edited: October 6, 2019

First ... 10181920212230 ... Last