1. Can u re-upload link/gimme another link talents ? Bcs i cant open it :( ty
    Or someone can gimme pic tree talent for ret spec?
    There are working links in the guide itself. Don't look at the change-log for that.

2. The links won't open for me as well. For whatever reason they seem to correctly redirect me to evowow, but the talent trees do not load, nor can I click on any other class' talent tree.

Spoiler: Show

Anyway,

http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...31302133231331

This should be your standart dps spec.

I can only guess as to what the Divine Sacrifice one would be, but I assume that it would be something similar to:

Edited: August 21, 2017

3. The links won't open for me as well. For whatever reason they seem to correctly redirect me to evowow, but the talent trees do not load, nor can I click on any other class' talent tree.
    Works fine for me.
    Correct. Mostly. The spec provided by the guide looks like this: http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...31302133231331
    Pursuit of Justice & Seal of Command are dropped from the build, which creates 3 free points to allocate as the player chooses. Essentially, utility points for Vindication, Guardian's Favor or Improved Lay on Hands. Depending on preferences and what the group they play with needs. The spec you linked is the normal and most common one indeed, and it is usually how I choose to set my talents. I just prefer to allow options for people in the guide so they don't just copy/paste the talent build and (maybe, hopefully) stop to consider that they do have options. (Again, these are the reasons that this spec was provided. That does not make it the optimal one. The one Rifokelt linked usually is. Players are encouraged to create their own builds. This includes the possibility of speccing out of group-buff talents that are redundant with other buffs that may be available to you.)

Of course, that is only information provided by the guide. The point behind all of that is to show that there are options and alterations that can be made to the build if someone wishes to experiment or optimize based on their situation. The spec you've provided here is a very good one and is one I use myself most of the time.

I can only guess as to what the Divine Sacrifice one would be, but I assume that it would be something similar to:

Correction: http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/p...31302133231331
    This is a utility build which is taken for that purpose. If you're going half-way the utility, you may as well just go with the Aura Mastery build, as you'll get more out of it in a lot of situations. Divine Guardian is crucial if you're going to bother going more than 5-7 points into Prot.

Edit: I'd also like to let you know that I've updated the guide with these links since they seem to be working better. I've used your link for the Aura Mastery build and included a list of talents that can be changed if someone wants to try out a slightly different build or use other talents that may be more applicable to their situation.

4. Hello, I dont know if the post is still alive, but i have a question in relation with FCFS rotation.

In te guide, you mentioned that the priority is (4T10):

4 or more parts of T10 :

* Judgement (Always on top because it is your source of mana.)
    **Hammer of Wrath (Only when a boss is under 20% hp)

But in the link to the EJ's posts that you mentioned, they said: (http://web.archive.org/web/201302080...s_lists_3_3_a/

"Priority List:
    Use the FCFS priority of Judgement>Crusader Strike>Divine Storm>Hammer of Wrath>Consecration>Exorcism>Holy Wrath (if a valid target). Use the mod clcret to help you follow this priority"

So what we have to priorize, CS or DS?

In other hand, this is the abilities priority, but what should be the "general opening" in a boss? I mean, what the best way to start a boss fight, when we should use wings? etc

Thank you
    Edited: February 20, 2018

5. With 2/5 T10 (and 4/5):

DS
    Judgment
    CS
    Hammer of Wrath

Only when Judgment should be done over DS is in 2 cases:

1st: if u are having mana issues,

2nd: if ur melee wont hit the target in next 1.5+ sec, and u will be able to hit DS before ur melee hit lands on the target.

Use Exor and Conse as fillers.
    Dont use Conse if u have mana issues.

When u are moving a lot and DPSing 1 target:
    Exor > Conse

When u are in a static fight, dpsing multiple targets:
    Conse > Exor

It wont matter a lot when it comes to DPS even if u completely abandon using Conse, u will just spend a LOT of mana if u use it for some minor DPS boost.

Edit:
    When it comes to Wings usage, u will have to find the way that suits u the most.
    Some say u should DS first, before u even land a melee hit and pray for a reset, some that u should just pop wings and go ham.
    I would just say:
    Open with Crusaders Strike first (or DS > Melee Hit > CS, if u want to maximise DPS with some help of RNG on DS reset). Just dont Judgment or Wings before u CS ur target.
    After that it wont matter if u Wings into DS > Judgment, or if u Conse before that to wait for 1 more stack of SoV/SoC..

6. Thanks you very much Gnimo , but really you priorize DS before Judgement? By the way I dont understand very well ur 2nd point in relation to when priorize Judgament over DS. (maybe for my bad english :D)

The treatment you give to Consecration (basically residual) makes me ask you another question: Should i use the conse glyph? At the moment im using Conse, judge and exo glyph (im 29 exp right now, have to change some items yet) , should i use antoher useful glyph?

7. Basicly u should use an addon or track ur Melee White Swigs/Hits in some way.
    U want DS on Cooldown before those melee white hits happen.
    Globalcooldown is what u get after casting Judgment (or any spell), and it lasts for ~1.5sec, if ur melee hit will happen in less than that and u wont make it on time to DS before u hit ur target with a white melee hit, u should prio DS over Judgment.
    If u have the time to do Judgmemt > DS > Melee Hit u should do it like that.

As for Consecration, yes, i dont like it. Too much mana for some minor dmg increase (talking about end game BiS dps ret paladin).

As for glyphs, i really dont think there are any better, since ret overall offers some lame glyphs (part from the main 2). U could use Glyph of Seal of Command to maximise AoE dps while using that seal since its judgmemt hits like a wetnodle.

Anyway, it wont matter what Glyph u use tbh...
    Glyph of Judgment
    Glyph of Seal of Vengeance, if u lack Expertise (which u dont so skip this glyph).
    Other glyphs wont change ur DPS almost at all.

8. To adress a few points.

1) CS should not be used as an opener. The most optimal opener (assuming 2pT10) is DS with a /startattack.
    2) Rarw models Consecration as roughly 3.06% of your total damage done (assuming no AoE, important or otherwise). Logs from warmane also place it at roughly that ammount (3.2 - 3.3%), whereas Exorcism is 1.58 %. The glyph for consec essentially lets you save mana when using it. Prioratising Exo. over Consec. is a dps loss, although when moving Gnimo's point does stand, one must take care of what to use in such a circumstance. Not using it at all is simply stupid, unless you really are at 1k mana or less but that is a very rare occurance if you are gearing yourself properly in full BiS.

Full raid buffs, heroism, 2 minute fight duration and Undead enemy target were used for Rarw along with the rest of EJ link settings.

tl;dr

Don't open with CS, use Consec glyph as aside from judgement and SoV all the other glyphs are quite ****.

9. Why its bad idea to open with CS? Isnt good idea to take advantage of the little buff of strenght that comes from the libram?

And you coincide with gnimo's rotation?

10. Why its bad idea to open with CS? Isnt good idea to take advantage of the little buff of strenght that comes from the libram?

Because if you open with CS you're essentially wasting the first opportunity you get for a DS reset and a DS reset. The strength buff from EoF libram is marginal.

11. I also said to do: DS > Melee Hit > CS > rest of the rotation u use.
    Opening with CS will let u get procs couple of trinkets/rigs/enchants/libram and will buff Judgment and DS that u will do with Wings, and on top of it all, CS will be ready for use again after that.
    My whole point was: dont simply go Wings and smash Judgment > DS without anything before that.

Edit:

I ussualy myself open with DS before melee, if i can.
    That way will sometimes make u sit there with all procs and Wings and just looking at full 10sec CD of DS cos it didnt reset...

From my pov, for new players the best way to open is:
    CS > (Conse if u can get another melee hit before Judgment, for 2nd stack of SoV) > Wings > Judgment > DS > CS > ...

Or:
    CS > Wings > DS > Judgment > CS > ...

Again, wont matter what u do when it comes to 1-2 diferent spells on opener and/or Conse glyph tbh, just make sure u set ur prio list on spells right.

As for Conse, i can still say that not doing Consecration and prioretising rotation of Judgment, DS and CS properly is far better than doing Conse when its off CD and/or prioing Exor over it.

P.S.

This was the most awfull editing and text adding ive ever expirienced...

12. One stack of the libram is not at all comparable to a DS reset (DS also procs rings/trinkets/you name it). You'd start with wings regardless though, there's no reason to delay wings.

13. Well i guess we disagree on that one.
    Doing flat out Wings into spamming spells will do less DMG on couple of initial hits than starting ur opener with CS from my expirience...

14. I am very grateful for the comments but there are so many points of view that I do not have anything clear xDDD

15. I am very grateful for the comments but there are so many points of view that I do not have anything clear xDDD
    That'll happen when people decide to debate over answers to the question at hand. Hopefully I'll be able to provide you with a more clear answer to what you've asked. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

So what we have to priorize, CS or DS?
    Divine Storm once you get your 2p t10 bonus, because the CD can reset.

The priority list you've quoted from the EJ guide is the rotation assumption used for RAWR, which is the damage simulator. It is a generalized ability rotation. It doesn't get modified because of certain bonuses you get, even though it should be modified - but that's not relevant anymore because the simulations were already run.

In other hand, this is the abilities priority, but what should be the "general opening" in a boss? I mean, what the best way to start a boss fight, when we should use wings? etc
    You can use Avenging Wrath immediately, or once you get 5 stacks of your seal on the target. It doesn't matter too much. The spell priority is still what you'd want to follow. One exception being is saving a Judgment for once you get 5 stacks of your seal on the target, but again, won't matter that much. Starting with Divine Storm is a gamble on resets. If nobody else is providing the 3% crit debuff that Judgment provides (via a talent), then you may consider starting with Judgment.
    More or less, there isn't really a reason to delay Avenging Wrath, because ideally you'd want to stack it with your other procs.

After that point, Judgment vs Divine Storm being top priority depends on how much you want to gamble on Divine Storm resets. Judgment is worth more damage by a fair amount at 5 seal stacks if you don't get a reset.

If there is more than one target, then obviously use Divine Storm instead.

The treatment you give to Consecration (basically residual) makes me ask you another question: Should i use the conse glyph? At the moment im using Conse, judge and exo glyph (im 29 exp right now, have to change some items yet) , should i use antoher useful glyph?
    Exorcism glyph is OK if you are above 26 expertise without the Seal of Vengeance glyph. Tier pants + Glorenzelg setup uses the Exorcism glyph. You lose a very minor amount of DPS against Oathbinder & SoV+Judgment+Consecration glyph setup.

If your target is in your Consecration for the full duration, then it will be a dps gain over a use of Exorcism.

Why its bad idea to open with CS? Isnt good idea to take advantage of the little buff of strenght that comes from the libram?

More or less what Rifokelt replied to you is accurate. However, I'd like to add that the libram you're speaking of here should only be used on a static fight (meaning, the boss doesn't move). If your stacks drop at *any* point during the boss encounter, it is immediately a dps loss over the EoT libram (procs on Seal of Vengeance ticks).

End note: The other's assessment about Exorcism is that you can use it when moving. To be absolutely clear, this is to imply that you should use it when you are not in melee range of something and you are not able to use Judgment, Hammer of Wrath or Divine Storm (Divine Storm hits in an area of ~8 yds, slightly longer than melee range) to land a hit. That is the case because Exorcism is dead last in your spell usage priority (except for Holy Wrath, which can be used when you have absolutely nothing else to use) as it does so little damage compared to everything else. When in melee range, you should still use it if you have nothing else to use.

First ... 6141516171826 ... Last