1. Paladin Retribution (WOTLK) Sheath of Light talent: HoT Stack

Hi, I would to talk about isuee which I found in WOTLK retribution Paladin talent: Sheath of Light: https://wotlk.evowow.com/spell=53501?spell=53503. I dont know if anybody notice it, but I don't see any topic about that case on this server forums.

The problem is about second part of talent Sheath of Light - healing over time after heal crits.

Technical explanation:

The paladin talent Sheath of Light adds a heal over time to targets of critical heals .The issue with this HoT is that successive critical heals are not correctly summing together.

What is happening now: You land a critical heal and the HoT is applied to your target, but when you land a second critical heal it ignores any remaining heal amounts from the first HoT and simply overwrites the old HoT with a new one based solely on the heal amount of the most recent critical heal.

How it should work: When you land successive critical heals, it should calculate the total amount of healing left on the current HoT and add that to the amount of healing from the most recent critical heal, then apply this total over 12 seconds.

For example (rank 3 talent),
    First critical lands for 1000 so 60% of that mean bonus 600 healing which is applied over 12 seconds, healing 150 every 3 seconds. After two ticks of this HoT a second critical heal lands on the same target for another 1000. The 300 healing remaining from the first critical heal should be added to the 600 healing from the second critical for 900 total healing applied over 12 seconds, ticking for 225 every 3 seconds.

This is most obvious when a large critical heal like Holy Light is followed by a small flash of light critical heal. Here you lose a significant amount of healing while you shouldnt lose any healing, it was lumped into the new HoT.

This isuee is very easy to notice, I don't think any evidence by photos or whatever is needed, you will clearly and quickly see it when you taste it by constantly casting heals, especialy it will be very fast test by 80 level Paladins who have 30% + crit chance. Just observe HoT after one crit, and later cast it continuously until you will have 2 crits in a row, or just second one will come quick. The new one HoT replace previous and not summing with remainig heal.

The talent Righteous Vengeance uses the same mechanic as Sheath of Light but one is about DMG and second about healing. I didn't tested Righteous Vengeance yet (if it works right it will be even easiest to implemente it to Seath of Light and it can be quick fix I guess).

I wonder too about Shaman skill Earthliving Weapon cause I assume it should have similiar stacking machanic (wasn't thinking if there are more comparable talents/skills), but I didn't tested it too.

Here Im focusing about Paladin talent Sheath of Light.
    I play WOTLK expansion on Lordearon realm, it's a PVP realm and it's one of main reason why me and many other people choose it, so I'm care about this, because I think in PvP match it's actually really big isuee. In some cases and situations it definitely can result as significantly drop down healing potential and survivability of character.
    Edited: November 9, 2017

2. I wanted to ask whether this is a bug or has been forgotten:

Seal of Blood is not procing on Crusader Strike

from the description of the skill: "All melee attacks deal additional holy damage equal to 35% of normal weapon damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted."

As you can see the description clearly states ALL melee attacks not only autohits, which should include Crusader Strike (description: An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage (...). <Melee Range>)

Any thoughts?

3. this is normal? https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/38235 can someone explain holy paladin and retribution paladin have a 100% procs chance with this seal some kind of inmortal overheal?

4. WOTLK- Judgements of the Just - PARTIAL bug.

The Talent Judgements of the Just (2/2) talent should have 3 effects:
    1) Shortens the Cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 10 seconds. - WORKING AS INTENDED
    2) Extends the Stun duration from Seal of Justice to 3 seconds instead of 2 seconds- WORKING AS INTENDED
    3) Applies a debuff that slows the afflicted target's attack speed by 20% - PARTIAL BUG: Bosses are immune to this debuff.

Basically the Protection Talent Judgements of the Just is not properly applying its Attack Speed Debuff to bosses.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/r...#comment-65146

The 20% Attack speed reduction works just fine on trash mobs and in PvP such as duels, but bosses are immune to this debuff, when in fact they should be affected by it normally.

EDIT: It appears this is only a visual bug. Multiple people have confirmed that the debuff correctly appears on ELVui and world of logs confirms that the boss indeed does get afflicted with an attack speed debuff.
    Edited: December 28, 2017

5. Art of war procs on all kind of crits not just Autoattack!
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Art_of_War.
    That thing alone turns ret paladins into heal machines. All they do is 1h/shield and heal once every 2-3 sec.
    Art of war should proc only on autoattacks + sacred shield and the hot paladin can outheal any dps atm.

6. Art of war procs on all kind of crits not just Autoattack!
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Art_of_War.
    That thing alone turns ret paladins into heal machines. All they do is 1h/shield and heal once every 2-3 sec.
    Art of war should proc only on autoattacks + sacred shield and the hot paladin can outheal any dps atm.
    You get that everything paladin uses is a melee hits? Judgement is a ranged melee attack, Divine Storm and Crusader strike are both melee attacks . Only things that are considered spells on paladin (other than heals) are Exorcism, Consecration and Holy Wrath, out of which none procs AoW (which is how it is supposed to work).

7. You get that everything paladin uses is a melee hits? Judgement is a ranged melee attack, Divine Storm and Crusader strike are both melee attacks . Only things that are considered spells on paladin (other than heals) are Exorcism, Consecration and Holy Wrath, out of which none procs AoW (which is how it is supposed to work).
    He's probably reading the tooltip image on that site, rather than the text in the article itself. Kinda wish people would be more thorough with their research before submitting bug reports or posting about supposed bugs on the forum.

8. He's probably reading the tooltip image on that site, rather than the text in the article itself. Kinda wish people would be more thorough with their research before submitting bug reports or posting about supposed bugs on the forum.
    I haven't even noticed that. That tooltip is for Cata or MoP+ iirc. That's even worse than what I initially thought, lol.
    Still he's complaining about 1h/shield... The point of 1h/shield next to the more spell power/armor are faster autoattacks so more chance to proc AoW... His entire post is flawled.

9. Hello there!I want to turn your attention to the TBC realm, I'm playing(trying to play) shockadin there.I have 900 spell bonus dmg, yet my Holy shock spell(rank 5, 700+ holy dmg) still hits fo about 1200-1300 noncrit(no JoCusader on the target).Max crit with no buffs 2k, with trinket for plus up to 155 spell dmg, it crits for 2100 wich is still low + dmg considering the 10% dmg from Sanctity aura and the normal hit x 1,5 for the spellcrit mechanics.Correct me if Im wrong.
    Allso, if I sefl BoP, I cant use offensive judgemen(I cant do dmg with judgement).If I BoP other caster it works correctly.Hope this helps.

10. Hi I think the tome of valor quest is bugged as the defias waves do not start because you can't talk to the woman

11. Shadowmourne's Chaos Bane doesn't seem to be able to crit on rets.The Sanctity of Battle talent should give it a 3% chance to crit(should also be able to crit on much lower level mobs too).

12. May 18, 2018  
    Is Meteorite Crystal EVER going to be fixed? Currently the trinket is bugged, only giving 1 stack per cast with Beacon active, on retail it stacked twice per cast, which is why it was considered BIS. In addition to this, Holy Shock also doesn't count for any procs or stacking effects from trinkets.

All these bugs tend to just go under the radar for too long.

13. July 2, 2018  

14. As of August 12th, 2018, Holy Wrath does not do any damage to enemies other than Undead or Demons.

This is not the correct functionality, as it is supposed to do the base damage (the same as Exorcism), with the additional 3 second stun being only on demons/undead.

First 123 Last