1. if you are fdk tank you will find your self in really big problem vs sindra, ldw and halion encounters, swordbreaking gives you 2x parry for one hand wep and it can stack on both wep so it would be give 4%, but as frost i would go for def rating + hp ench on both weps, both agi weps are not that bad because it gives you armor from agi items 1 agi = 2 armor

2. and the ppl call me noob for say use frost dw xD i played for 4 years in that spec and is so op <3 ( sorry my english )

PD: NICE WORK WITH THIS!

3. in talent i dont see howling blast, why glyph?

4. Because it's an option for multi-target threat when you need it, if you want to take the talent. It should be straight-forward enough that the talent is required for the glyph. I'm not going to list every possible talent build permutation.

5. https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...zc0fuhAo0x:mTs
    Is this build nice for that AOE and Obliterate procs? Also i didn't pick Frost Strike because i can't see using it.
    Also the link to the armory, which is in guide first page doesn't work.
    And is it worth going Veteran of The Third War 3/3 + Improved Frost Presence 2/2? Sacrifising Obliterate procs and Howling Blast for the AOE but increasing self healing. (theoretically that should work. more HP = More self healing) Whats your opinion on this?

6. improved frost presence wont give you more health, it just gives damage reduction.
    Self healing will be rare and situational, it's not worth to worry about. What's the point of building frost with obliterate if you going to spam DS anyway?
    You will spread diseases with pestilence so HB glyph will be pretty useless, except maybe if you are kiting adds on Valithria or something
    For AoE drop chill of the grave, blood of the north and take virulence and morbidity in uh tree, so your HB wont miss and DnD is ready on each pull.

7. Ok. I apparently can't read. Understood with [Improved Frost Presence]
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0t...f0fzhAocxh:mws Had to do some manipulation with points because i couldn't just remove chill of the grave from middle of talent-tree

8. Self healing will be rare and situational, it's not worth to worry about. What's the point of building frost with obliterate if you going to spam DS anyway?
    Threat & damage. It's for trivial content or when AoE threat is really necessary.

You will spread diseases with pestilence so HB glyph will be pretty useless, except maybe if you are kiting adds on Valithria or something
    The whole point of taking Howling Blast is snap threat in AoE and/or at range.

Also i didn't pick Frost Strike because i can't see using it.
    What are you using your runic power on then?

And is it worth going Veteran of The Third War 3/3 + Improved Frost Presence 2/2? Sacrifising Obliterate procs and Howling Blast for the AOE but increasing self healing. (theoretically that should work. more HP = More self healing) Whats your opinion on this?
    If you want a hybrid build, going deeper into Blood is pretty good.

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0t...f0fzhAocxh:mws Had to do some manipulation with points because i couldn't just remove chill of the grave from middle of talent-tree
    Moving points into Merciless Combat is a no-go. Put those back into Annihilation.

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0t...c0fzhAocxh:mws

9. Instead of Frost strike, i think that theoreticly i could make macro with all damaging abilities to work with runestrike..
    Can dual wield tank ICC25hc?

10. Sure can, but there is nothing that frost can do better than blood in 25hc setting. Unbreakable armor is so meh, that you will need external CD, which raid may not even have because it's already spent on reapers and such. Bigger threat is not a selling point either, as rogues and hunters will do their job in 25hc.

As said in guide, Keleseth is good to tank with frost, tough I disagree. Adds on LDW is nothing that blood couldn't handle. Acclimation might be great and all, but there really is no threat of dying from "auto" damage, threat comes when Kele gets his Empowered and then you are lacking one cd. It will stack up nicely on Sindra, but dual wielding will make you take stacks fast, don't think that's better in any way, tough breaths and blisterings will be kind of dampened(-10%?), but I rather have that vamp blood that just works instead of unbreakeble armor. What you realisticaly will have is reached 340 resistance - that provides guaranteed 30% resists. I doubt its worth to use resist gear to reach for 510 resistance for those 40% guaranteed resists. I really doubt its worth the pain. Especialy the fact that you can get those 219 resistance on blood for guaranteed 20% resisted.

I'd spare myself, healers and everyone in raid and just go blood for endgame. But it sure can be done.

11. I'd spare myself, healers and everyone in raid and just go blood for endgame. But it sure can be done.
    Its like saying that you wanna go 10man icc with bis geared toons just because its easier on everyone. Not saying that you are but its a comparison.
    As Gnimo said its a meme a.k.a. 'fun' spec. And if someone enjoys the spec/roleplay/or the challange and its not impossible then why not. Just trying to make it possible as best way as i can.

Not really interested in howling blast AOE frost spec. Looking forward to DW + heal + resists n stuff.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...0buhZ0o:pwm0MV but in this one there is no DW

12. Instead of Frost strike, i think that theoreticly i could make macro with all damaging abilities to work with runestrike..
    Can dual wield tank ICC25hc?
    Runestrike won't be using all that much of your runic power though. You have to keep in mind you can only use it right after you avoid a hit.
    Also, yes, you can dual wield tank ICC25hc. A Howling Blast AoE threat spec generally won't be ideal outside of a couple specific fights also.

Sure can, but there is nothing that frost can do better than blood in 25hc setting. Unbreakable armor is so meh, that you will need external CD, which raid may not even have because it's already spent on reapers and such. Bigger threat is not a selling point either, as rogues and hunters will do their job in 25hc.

As said in guide, Keleseth is good to tank with frost, tough I disagree. Adds on LDW is nothing that blood couldn't handle. Acclimation might be great and all, but there really is no threat of dying from "auto" damage, threat comes when Kele gets his Empowered and then you are lacking one cd. It will stack up nicely on Sindra, but dual wielding will make you take stacks fast, don't think that's better in any way, tough breaths and blisterings will be kind of dampened(-10%?), but I rather have that vamp blood that just works instead of unbreakeble armor. What you realisticaly will have is reached 340 resistance - that provides guaranteed 30% resists. I doubt its worth to use resist gear to reach for 510 resistance for those 40% guaranteed resists. I really doubt its worth the pain. Especialy the fact that you can get those 219 resistance on blood for guaranteed 20% resisted.

I'd spare myself, healers and everyone in raid and just go blood for endgame. But it sure can be done.
    zzzzz
    "Blood is better, you should play Blood"
    Frost is fine. It gets the job done fine. Nobody is being competitive here. The person in question is likely playing with the 30% nerf to the raid. It doesn't matter. If they wanted to be playing Blood, there's a good chance they wouldn't be asking questions in a Frost guide. Take your "Blood is better, play Blood" drivel elsewhere please.

As Gnimo said its a meme a.k.a. 'fun' spec. And if someone enjoys the spec/roleplay/or the challange and its not impossible then why not. Just trying to make it possible as best way as i can.
    I'd have to disagree with the "meme" or "roleplay" assessment, but I would agree that they should be able to play whatever of the specs they'd like to. They all perform well enough to clear the content in a reasonable fashion.

13. Runestrike won't be using all that much of your runic power though. You have to keep in mind you can only use it right after you avoid a hit.
    Right. There was the avoiding a hit thingy.
    Ok. Frost strike will be included in hb build. And is there any viable way to make Dual-Wield work with [Veteran of The Third War]?

Slowly i'm starting to master the ability ideas, but not the numbers. The numbers are the real problem. It might sound cool in talent tree but i don't know how well it works in numbers.

Or should i ask which are the core abilities of dual-wield so that the rest of the points is my choice?

14. Or should i ask which are the core abilities of dual-wield so that the rest of the points is my choice?
    This was pretty well covered in the guide I believe. You're keeping your diseases up. Icy Touch for single target damage. Pestilence, Death and Decay and Howling Blast (IF you're talented into it) for area threat. Runestrike being macroed into each of your primary abilities. Frost Strike for your runic dump (excess only). Obliterate for extra damage or for attempts at Rime procs, Death Strike instead when you need a self-heal.

Frost strike will be included in hb build. And is there any viable way to make Dual-Wield work with [Veteran of The Third War]?
    I really don't remember exactly what talents are chosen for it, but I do know that Frost + Veteran of the Third War is most easily done as a two-handed build that looks something like this: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0e...crIz00buus:mws
    (Emphasis on I don't remember exactly what the talents are.)

For dual-wield, it'll look something like this: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0e...xcMIz00fuu:mws
    You can figure out what talent choices work best for you. Like for example whether to take Icy Reach, Lichborne, etc.

15. For dual-wield, it'll look something like this: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0e...xcMIz00fuu:mws
    You can figure out what talent choices work best for you. Like for example whether to take Icy Reach, Lichborne, etc.
    [Two-Handed Weapon specialization] 2/2 for Dual-Wield?
    Wouldn't it be "better points spent" for [Bladed Armor] 5/5 instead of 3/5?

First 12345 Last