1. Stats
    [LIST][*]540 Defense is the cap for raids, unless you use Rune of the Nerubian Carapace.

Hi,i am currently leveling a dk and i plan to roll frost tank.
    I don't get this part. What happens if if use that rune? Does cap go above 540 def? Or should i use other rune and get my def cap other way?
    Also, can you just say what kinds of weapons should i use? I've read all replies and got my self kinda confused.
    You get a large amount of defense from that rune. So it allows you to require less from gear. The rune will add a flat amount to your defense value on your character sheet, so you won't need to calculate anything.

As for what weapons you should use, at lower gear levels, you should use slow speed weapons. This gives you greater threat. Unfortunately, in this expansion, all tank weapons are a fast speed. So you will have to go for agility weapons. When you get better gear overall, you can start to ditch slower agility weapons for tank weapons, if you so choose. This is a threat loss, but the stats you can gain off the tank weapons can be worthwhile. If you need to use a tank weapon for stats (defense, hit rating, expertise, etc), put it in your off-hand first. Your off-hand weapon does less damage than your main-hand weapon will.

Hello Lynea & all,

Greetings !

My name is Frozenwalker in "Frostwolf" server & i'm a unholy DK @ lv 71 (New to WOW). I've read your posts and they are great !

I'm still confused which to go, blood, frost or unholy.

I love go frost, im afraid it dont have DPS for PVP, since i'm more of a PVP player.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In unholy i fail in PVP if my opponent attacked in ranged & i'm not fast enough to chase them to use my spells... since i dont have any long ranged spells in Unholy. ( i haven't played blood or frost yet).

Kindly advise, much appriciated !

Best Regards,
    Harin.
    As much as I would like to advise you, Frostwolf is a Mists of Pandaria expansion realm. This guide is for Wrath of the Lich King. I also have very little experience with this class in Mists of Pandaria. As such, I an unable to assist you in the way that you'd like.

Check out this sticky thread: http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121
    The links tagged with "MoP" are the ones you will want to check out and ask questions on! Good luck!

2. Hello Lynea & all,
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In unholy i fail in PVP if my opponent attacked in ranged & i'm not fast enough to chase them to use my spells... since i dont have any long ranged spells in Unholy. ( i haven't played blood or frost yet).

Kindly advise, much appriciated !

Best Regards,
    Harin.
    did you try to stun the ranged opponents with you ghoul? did you forget to pop your defensive CDs?

3. Sadly,defense rating formula is wrong on the server,you need 550 defense to be capped for raids(and sometimes dungeons,i got 2 crits from Eadric in ToC 5 HC today with 549 defense).

4. Mercy, thanks for the reply. I was active on other threads so i forgot to give you credit on this one. Really informative. Thanks again.

5. Guy told me that Hungering Cold is useful for Freezing Vile Spirits on LK. Pro ****. Now is it really effective or what? Also where can I drop points to put into Hungering Cold? TY.

PS. Also if there is a video of some person doing this would be really useful. TY.

6. Guy told me that Hungering Cold is useful for Freezing Vile Spirits on LK. Pro ****. Now is it really effective or what? Also where can I drop points to put into Hungering Cold? TY.

PS. Also if there is a video of some person doing this would be really useful. TY.
    You could drop a point from Black Ice or Bladed Armor no problem. I wouldn't be surprised if this would work on vile spirits, as I'm fairly certain that they are vulnerable to CC's in general. Just keep in mind that any damage will break the effect, and the effect doesn't last forever.

7. Once your comfortably above the def cap is it good to get rune of swordbreaking for 1 weapon?

8. I've realized that with the augmented effective health BiS Set I might just cap armor without UA and thus nullify any benefit from it whatsoever, other than for threat. Doesn't this mean the max hp set might be better? I used to think Frost Dks went for more armor items because we lose a obscene amt of it by not being able to wear shields but I'm 5.9k GS and am already capping armor with UA and I've stopped using glyph of UA.

9. You will never reach 49.9k static armor. Unbreakable Armor does stop being a strong mitigation CD when you're BiS and close to it. But keep in mind that the CD doesn't just provide armor. It provides strength, which is great for threat, and strength increases your parry rating. I suppose I should also point out that just because something isn't "strong", doesn't mean it is useless (which most people seem to think nowadays for some reason).

As per your previous post, in case you're still interested in the response, the stamina/defense weapon runes are still good after capping your defense because they increase your health (and thus, EHP) and defense increases your avoidance overall as well.

10. Thanks for the guide mate... Really helpful... By the way, Do frost dk tank take less damage compared to Blood dk tank ( my blood tank is taking too much nasty damage from icc bosses ) Here is my armory link:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

11. You'll take less damage unless http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=49189 is triggered.

Your armory has a lot of breathing room. Gemming hit is rather unnecessary, you could go for 263 hit rating, but it's not really needed. For bosses, you are fine with 164 hit rating (as frost). Doesn't mean any hit above this minimum is completely useless. IMO, gemming for it is, tho. Obliterate also has no real use inside ICC. So, the points in http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=49188 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=51468 are wasted.

12. May 6, 2017  
    Bump. Guide updated with new talent build links, since open-wow still does not work.

13. I like how she mentioned using howling blast here and there but didn't pick it up in the talent tree. xD Course you jsut have to move a talent point but it's still amusing.

14. It's a guide. It's supposed to help you learn how to play the spec and as many facets as possible. It's not supposed to be "do EXACTLY this, and do EXACTLY that!" So, please.

15. hi, would like to contribute something about weapon enchant

I also have FDK tank
    - MH : Bloodvenom + enchant Rune Fallen Crusader >>> can proc STR, can heal, also STR adds parry
    - OH : Facelifter (tank weapon) + enchant Swordbreaking >>> adds parry, I suppose parry bonus from this enchant does not stack if enchant the same on MH tooo

why I build so ? coz I think each DK tank is different
    * BDK tank with massive HP
    * UDK tank with spell reduction
    * FDK comes with standard old style warrior tank i.e. dodge, parry, armor

I suppose only gem
    * def+dodge if not def capped
    * parry+stamina / I use exp+stamina to get enough expertise rating (on red socket which provide stamina bonus)
    * else standard STAMINA stacking gems
    Edited: February 26, 2018

First 1234 ... Last