1. How bad blood DK (tank) vs Prot paladin is

Hello fellas, I have spent some amount of time tanking dungeons and few raids with Protection Paladin. Not that I am bored with the paladin, however, I wanted to try something different to experience another tank. My attention was caught by the blood DK (or frost for dungeons) but most of the raid leaders are searching only for paladins. I started to collect opinions on why they look only for paladins and they mentioned (DKs are squishier).

Here is my question, how bad DK is compared to the protection paladin in the mitigation aspect. I am aware that DK could provide some solid self-healing, however, I am not quite sure how this would be useful in ICC for example since most of the time the healer will overheal me.

In addition to this, is it better to tank in Frost spec while farming gear/collecting EoT RDFs due to the better AoE?

THank you.

2. Hello fellas, I have spent some amount of time tanking dungeons and few raids with Protection Paladin. Not that I am bored with the paladin, however, I wanted to try something different to experience another tank. My attention was caught by the blood DK (or frost for dungeons) but most of the raid leaders are searching only for paladins. I started to collect opinions on why they look only for paladins and they mentioned (DKs are squishier).

Here is my question, how bad DK is compared to the protection paladin in the mitigation aspect. I am aware that DK could provide some solid self-healing, however, I am not quite sure how this would be useful in ICC for example since most of the time the healer will overheal me.
    It's not really "better" or "worse", it's a bit different. Some areas DK is way better, some worse. DK is top tier tank, same as paladin.

In addition to this, is it better to tank in Frost spec while farming gear/collecting EoT RDFs due to the better AoE?
    That's up to your preference. I would suggest playing blood to get experience with it, muscle memory, etc. So all the CDs and what to do in any situation comes without thinking.

3. DKs take more dmg and dont have cheat-death. But the healing is really good. Dks can provides really good raid buffs (meele haste + ap + attack-speed reduction). And dk is the most self-sufficient tank. When you learn to heal properly (mostly just after you take a hit) you will be able to survive longer than any other tank without healers.. (I remember multiple almost-wipes when only blood dk survived long-enough (even close to a minute) to finish the kill.)

4. All the arguments Jendah makes are valid, I would only add that on top of that, DKs have the best single-target threat generation out of all tanks, which really makes some things a lot easier (less risk to lose a raging spirit's aggro, easier time keeping a fire inferno on you, esier time keeping lady on you etc).

I think DK as MT and Ppal as OT is the meta honnestly.
    But real men only play prot warrs, and that's a fact

5. Actually, I have made a Blood DK since I was curious (and I already have protection paladin). I must admit, the Blood DK seems to be quite strong and I did not expect it. I don't feel like I am taking tons of damage and as matter of fact so many CDs that I could mitigate the incoming damage. Besides my low gear level, I was able to tank ICC (till Professor) without any issues. At some points, I even feel that Prot pally takes more damage.

In addition to this, the AoE threat is not that bad and if I play it correctly the DPSs are not able to take Aggro. Of course, there are always BIS warriors that are making randoms pulls and it's harder to take the Aggro but still is quite surprising that the AoE is great.

Still, I am open to suggestions on how to improve my enchanting/gems and perhaps talents. Spec 1 is my raiding one while Spec 2 is my RDF/quest farming:

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Thank you.

6. Do you really care which tank is better and which not? Just play the game and have fun. Don't be a stupid min/maxer guy, worst people ever.