1. Anyone tried Dancing Rune Weapon for tanking now that its threat is transferred to the DK? Seems like it might be a good way to get some burst threat.
    Wait, what? I thought DRW was an entity of its own.

@Gnimo, this is why I prefer HS too. Spamming IT is just insane to me - it breaks the entire gameplay and rune cycle of a DK. Meanwhile, with HS I hit like a truck and can cleave with ease on things like shamblers, LDW, Vali etc. Also, MTing BPC becomes trivial when you have HS because by the time the darkfallen orb goes to the other prince you'll be waaaaaaaay far ahead in threat. And if you're OTing on Kele, you can just drop HS in order to not kill the dark nuclei and use BS instead - it's not like you can lose aggro on Kele in case you're given a 30-seconds handicap.

Still, I guess you're right. In terms of pure TPS the frost hybrid does pull ahead, mainly because of the insane threat multiplier which IT has (which works outside of Frost presence too, I have noticed - ty, Warmane).

2. I'm not entirely sure, but as I'm aware the threat multiplier is supposed to work outside of Frost Presence. That's something many DKs don't look at when they mindlessly drop a DnD in the beginning of any trash pull.

3. Wait, what? I thought DRW was an entity of its own.
    Changelog of September, 2017.

@Gnimo, this is why I prefer HS too. Spamming IT is just insane to me - it breaks the entire gameplay and rune cycle of a DK. Meanwhile, with HS I hit like a truck and can cleave with ease on things like shamblers, LDW, Vali etc. Also, MTing BPC becomes trivial when you have HS because by the time the darkfallen orb goes to the other prince you'll be waaaaaaaay far ahead in threat. And if you're OTing on Kele, you can just drop HS in order to not kill the dark nuclei and use BS instead - it's not like you can lose aggro on Kele in case you're given a 30-seconds handicap.

Still, I guess you're right. In terms of pure TPS the frost hybrid does pull ahead, mainly because of the insane threat multiplier which IT has (which works outside of Frost presence too, I have noticed - ty, Warmane).
    You're gonna be spamming IT regardless of whether you have HS or not. HS is just a 1 point talent that makes your blood strike do 50%-100% more damage, depending on talents. Since Blood Strike damage is already pretty unimpressive, it's nothing revolutionary. Taking HS isn't going to single-handedly stop you from relying on IT as your main source of aggro but it will provide some added flexibility with the cleave and it will generate some extra aggro every time you would've used Blood Strike instead.

When you go beyond this 1 point in HS, you start wasting valuable talents on not just RNG but also just plain bad aggro talents. Ironically, your deep blood spec will actually make you spam IT more than the frost offspec because each IT will be worth less and you will need far more to generate a lead in aggro to spam Death Strike comfortably. By contrast, the frost offspec can supernova its threat at the start of the encounter and then relax, allowing it to not only Death Strike for more prolonged periods of time but also have all the time in the world to make sure the Death Strikes get value with proper timing because it's not pressured into Death Striking on cd to generate aggro.

Just Icy Talons by itself outscales Might of Mograine, Sudden Doom and Blood Gorged combined. It's a constant 20% buff to 30-50% of your total damage, as opposed to a random death coil sometimes maybe, a little bit more HS and DS threat but at random, 10% arp and 10% more damage half the time, maybe, if you're feeling healthy, I guess. I really don't see the point of even taking these talents, they offer no survivability, less aggro than a single talent in the frost tree and incentivize you to spam Death Strikes, making you get less healing. So not only do you have to spam more ITs now you also want to Death Strike for damage but then you're not even sure if you're gonna crit or not or be at full hp to even gain anything from it, giving you this migraine inducing mess of anti-synergy that I have no idea why anyone would ever subject themselves to.

I think at some point I said in this thread that Killing Machine isn't worth it because IT is already good enough. I was wrong. Killing Machine is a deceptive talent because on paper it looks like RNG and nothing but extra aggro but that's only half the truth. It allows you to easily get the value of two ITs with just 1 frost rune, giving you amazing freedom with your Death Strikes. You can IT once, get the aggro of two ITs and then still have a left over set for a Death Strike. It buffs your snap aggro, it buffs your sustained aggro, it allows you better rune allocation and as a result it also buffs your self healing.

DRW could be a reason to go deep blood now that it transfers its threat to the DK but I'm not really seeing it. You want to pop it at the start of the fight for the extra threat but then it costs 60 RP so you can't really do that. You have to get in there, spam some runes, then use it during your second rune cycle but why do that? It offers no survivability and you can generate way more burst threat with some IT crits in the frost spec. It offers you a way to convert runic power into threat but you already have runic strike, which is already an amazing use of RP. I guess there's no reason not to add it to the deep blood spec now.
    Edited: December 26, 2017

4. I've read some of the discussion of the thread, going, to be honest, not all of it because is a little bit massive. The thing that I get is that there are some variations to tank with the blood spec, but most of you guys talk about end game, not that I'm going to complain about it, but I'm a fresh DK, my main goal is to tank my way to 80 to be fully in the mind set when dungeons and raid.

WITH THAT IN MIND, couple question comes to mind: what would you say is the right way to put talents on a fresh 80 DK?

Also: Is blood presence just plain terrible? Seems like fine for early 80 dungeons.

I feel like this spec is safest to early tank: http://talentcalc.deffender.eu/death...00000000000000
    while this is more popular and I guess takes more value when higher gear?: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...soZhxbxmMhkZ0o

Also, I'm a little confused on why some specs do have the mark of blood and others just forget about it.

Hope you guys help me :)

5. WITH THAT IN MIND, couple question comes to mind: what would you say is the right way to put talents on a fresh 80 DK?
    Since you'll be doing primarily dungeons and blood is trash in dungeons, I suggest going either frost like this, unholy like this or you could try Gnimo's dungeon hero spec or this modified version I made of it.

Also: Is blood presence just plain terrible? Seems like fine for early 80 dungeons.
    Yeah, it's terrible. It cuts your threat in half and makes you really squishy. Never use it for tanking unless you astronomically outgear the content.

You're gonna have very weak aoe threat with this spec and low gear.

while this is more popular and I guess takes more value when higher gear?: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...soZhxbxmMhkZ0o
    This is a double buff spec, you use it when your raid doesn't have 20% haste aura. Mostly useful in 10 mans, sometimes 25. If your raid has the haste buff, it's just an inferior version of the hybrid spec.

Also, I'm a little confused on why some specs do have the mark of blood and others just forget about it.
    Mark of Blood is a situational talent that some people find useful and others don't. It's usefulness entirely depends on the encounter and the DK's timing, it can either save a person or two or it can just be useless overhealing. Personally I suggest taking it whenever you can afford the point, it's cheap and has some good potential.
    Edited: December 27, 2017

6. Should I always 2h WEAPONS even when Frost DK talents like this? http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000
    Yes, it doesn't include any dual wield talents. You can modify the spec to include Threat of Thassarian and Nerves of Cold Steel if you want to dual wield but that's 6 talent points you can put elsewhere.

7. :D thanks, really helpful, one last question, did the spell reflection discussion got settle since the only person to post some numbers had it on its talents? I just saw DPS numbers and nothing that would make me see the value of the talent, specially at the cost of death rune mastery.

8. Going full deep Blood Tank spec with no gear is the biggest mistake if u ask me.
    What works best for end game, in general and in most cases, it works for people that have 4k gs...
    ESPECIALY when it comes to tanking.

End game or no end game,
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...bobsoZhxbxmMhk
    this spec will give u the best balance btwn survability and threat (on any encounter that this server trows at u).

With less gear, u are even more dependant on Icy Touch spam, especialy if ur weapon is ****.

On top of that, in a 5m grp, the more buffs u can bring to the table, the better, so there is no need to get extra 4% dodge and render the group and urself from a 20% melee haste (+5% for u only on top of that).

As for Spell Deflection, u can test it urself.
    Duel a mage and tell him to attack u with all kind of spells, Frostbolt, Blizzard, Cone of Cold, Arcane Explosion, so on...
    After that WoWWiki "Direct Spell Damage" and u will see that most of stuff, exept DOTS (Damage Over Time, something like Coruption, Blood Plague, Frost Fever) gets reduced by the talent.

9. Well, I decided that will try https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...0ghut00xfhd0uI while leveling, and then change to https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...bobsoZhxbxmMhk when fresh 80 (not sure about the spell reflection tho)

But endgame ICC stuff i think this seems the mos optimal blood tank: http://i.imgur.com/Ao3877d.jpg

10. Please somebody say dancing rune weapon is good for tanking maybe then ppl will be interested in that spell and they will fix it ^^.
    for the talents from your links I will choose this one propably https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...bobsoZhxbxmMhk
    very good if your porty dont have frost dk and you can give the haste buff.
    Edited: December 28, 2017

11. Also regarding low gear specs, if you farm mainly rhc, i quite enjoyed playing a deep frost spec with the free howling blasts for nice aoe aggro and using obliterate instead of death strike (basically a frost dps but with the dmg reduction talents).

First ... 567