1. Based on my own experiences you don't eed unholy bligjt, because if the opponent youre dueling uses 1 gcd to cleanse he drops to 20-30% hp
    I wish more DKs played like you do. I'd never have any trouble fighting them anymore.

2. I played hybrid spec blood/unholy on another server and placed 4x DKs in top 10 (highest was at 2400 rating), Gladiator to Challenger range. But it was a 1v1 ladder, I had almost no losses, just some vs retri paladins (100% counter even if half brained) and few vs some really good ferals.
    I don't see the point in playing Blood PvP, in normal arena brackets 2v2/3v3/SQ it's literally useless.
    But hey if you want to be a duel/1v1 hero (like me lol) feel free to spec blood and duel every class possible, while spamming death strike (with bryntroll) and rune tap on cd.
    If you want max level of rtardation I would suggest you the combo Male Draenei + Blood Dk, spamming /duel in Ruby Sanctum all day long, grinding for "Duelist" title.
    By the way, show me how can you drop someone to 20% just because opponent used a gcd to remove a disease. I'm very curious :)

3. I played hybrid spec blood/unholy on another server and placed 4x DKs in top 10 (highest was at 2400 rating), Gladiator to Challenger range. But it was a 1v1 ladder, I had almost no losses, just some vs retri paladins (100% counter even if half brained) and few vs some really good ferals.
    I don't see the point in playing Blood PvP, in normal arena brackets 2v2/3v3/SQ it's literally useless.
    But hey if you want to be a duel/1v1 hero (like me lol) feel free to spec blood and duel every class possible, while spamming death strike (with bryntroll) and rune tap on cd.
    If you want max level of rtardation I would suggest you the combo Male Draenei + Blood Dk, spamming /duel in Ruby Sanctum all day long, grinding for "Duelist" title.
    By the way, show me how can you drop someone to 20% just because opponent used a gcd to remove a disease. I'm very curious :)
    By having 100% armor penetration and pressing Death Strike

4. By having 100% armor penetration and pressing Death Strike
    When the meth is good

5. blood dk
    1v1
    thinking bg players are good
    did I miss something?

6. I actually managed to reach 2.3k in 2v2 as blood/hpala couple seasons ago. Can´t tell if we could have gone a bit higher from the 2.3k; season ended, and during that time I was like 3. highest horde dk and like 6-8. highest dk overall from alliance and horde sides as a blood death knight, if I recall correctly.
    I have to admit though that it began to be extremely difficult for us after around 2.1k threshold.

And even though I like to keep an open mindset of all the classes/specs performances in the competitive arena, I am certain it is impossible to reach the very top ranks (1-10) in the ladders as a blood dk. (But I´m still hoping someone to prove my statement wrong and climb their way up to the big boys!!)

I also want to point out that I am not claiming that 2.3k was "super-high" or anything, but I just want to offer you fellow death knight gentlemen some perspective on blood death knights true capability and performance; it isn´t completely useless, as some of you stated.

Have a nice day everyone!

7. if you play blood in arenas, prepare to get smashed by any, even below average players

8. it began to be extremely difficult for us after around 2.1k threshold.

And even though I like to keep an open mindset of all the classes/specs performances in the competitive arena, I am certain it is impossible to reach the very top ranks (1-10) in the ladders as a blood dk.
    This is exactly what we're talking about here. Blood has flaws which simply cannot be overlooked when compared to Unholy. Sure, you can play it, try hard and go high, but eventually you'll reach the higher floors where team comps and spec strengths determine everything and there you will realize that Unholy is just better.

9. Yeah exactly. I know unholy is the better spec, however I play what I enjoy and blood death knight suits my playstyle better.
    Also I have to admit, it is kinda fun to be the "underdog" spec and still manage to outplay better comps.
    But yeah as you said, it is extremely hard to beat actually good 2v2 combs; especially in the higher ratings where good comb is often combined with good a skill-set.

10. Also I have to admit, it is kinda fun to be the "underdog" spec and still manage to outplay better comps.
    But yeah as you said, it is extremely hard to beat actually good 2v2 combs; especially bla bla bla bla
    Never seen a blood dk passing 1k4 in 10+ years of wow and pvp. Stop with your bs ffs.

11. Never seen a blood dk passing 1k4 in 10+ years of wow and pvp. Stop with your bs ffs.
    Feel free to check http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary statistics

12. A DK PvP spec without On a Pale Horse and Unholy Blight.

kek

Warmane arena players are confirmed headless cockroaches now.

13. A DK PvP spec without On a Pale Horse and Unholy Blight.

kek

unholy blight is one thing, but hold on. are you telling me that pale horse is a must have?
    Edited: July 18, 2018

14. A DK PvP spec without On a Pale Horse and Unholy Blight.

kek

Unholy Blight isn´t a must in any way, my friend. It is just a another route to go, if you will. It all comes down to whether you want more burst or more self sustain and a bit higher constant damage (Dancing Rune Weapon vs Unholy Blight, because you can´t obviously have both, life is not fair, I know).

So it depends a lot whom you are playing with and your preferred playstyle. Usually I play with a holypaladin, who can keep me up pretty easily, especially when I have tons of other healing cds and defensives.
    So we are left with the heart strikes increased damage, yes it is nice, but I much more prefer the 50% damage increase for 17sec (glyph) every 1,5min.
    Almost every kill I managed to do in the higher ratings had been done with the Dancing Rune Weapon, it is rediciously good.

And it is not only a offensive ability. It is such a "turning tables" -ability that you can sometimes manage to force your opponent from being offensive to defensive in seconds, (plus the self heals with it are insane as the rune weapon also copies your diseases on the target, giving you 2x frost fever and 2x blood plague, then just spam death strike and watch hp go up lol)

I actually gave Unholy Blight a try, it is not bad, I do not dislike it. But for ME personally, I just need the Dancing Rune Weapon for those gamechanging bursts.. But I guess I could someday give Unholy Blight another try!

Now when it comes to the On a Pale Horse, tried that one too, for a long time actually. It is a nice talent, but IMO thats all it really is, it is nice to have faster mount and it is nice to have reduced stun- and feartime, but I do not really "need" them, not willing to sacrifice Blood-Caked Blade for it them at least, which gives a slight damage boost, which is actually what we NEED.

The primary opponent you would kinda need to have stun reduction is a paladin, or fear reduction vs priests and locks.. and it is only in a dueling scenario, and to my understanding we are talking about the 2v2 situation here. As if you play with a hpala like me, he will just dispell them off. So in my opinion On a Pale Horse is purely a dueling/bg talent, while still not being "bad" in arena, by any means.

And you won´t need stun reduction even vs rogues as they are pretty much the top3 easiest opponents for a blood dk in a dueling scenario (you can safely just sit the stuns and then pop coolies, they are done after the vanish and cloak), and when it comes to arena, any rational rogue team will go your healer, so you are not even the one to get stunned, and even if that was the case, you will be just fine, your healer will do its job.
    Edited: July 18, 2018

First 12345 ... Last