1. As an orc you don't have to use Might of the ocean seprent if you're using havoc, and ha I got bracer of the heir with moltdown coins :p

As for bracer of the heir yea if you're using bloodvenom then yea if not you will need the hit from polar or t10hands.

2. Just to put my 2 cents in.Stop sticking to the lists, and start using sim programs like RAWR for example to calculate DPS gains.ESPECIALLY while gearing, and until you actually can get to 90% of the gear on the list so it actually matters what the setup is.

3. Just to put my 2 cents in.Stop sticking to the lists, and start using sim programs like RAWR for example to calculate DPS gains.ESPECIALLY while gearing, and until you actually can get to 90% of the gear on the list so it actually matters what the setup is.
    rawr is like the worst sim for dks. ppl said it doesnt calculate the diseases right.
    better learn how to use kahories dk simulator

4. Stop using sims, use your brain and test yourself, sims aren't always correct every sim says agi items are best for frost but in reality they suck monkey balls,kappa
    Edited: April 11, 2016

5. What Marvis said, go for Kahorie's it is more accurate. However, even rawr provides a better representation than all the drivel being posted in this thread. Unless people are willing to provide evidence of 100's of hours of data compiled to prove that their way of gearing is superior, there is not actual value to the posts. DPS varies so widely due to procs, raid comp and latency that a change between 1 to 3 pieces of gear will not be noticeable compared to background variance, unless its literally comparing 100's of fights. It is not an average of 1000 to 1500 difference between strength vs agility gearing, its 300 at best; while even staying in the same gear, can vary dps by several thousand from one week's raid to the next, on the same fight.
    As to the differences between retail mechanics and molten, the only difference that affects frost so far is minor reduction in Frost Strike damage, which if anything makes strength less attractive.
    Edited: April 11, 2016

6. Wut, that doesn't make sense. Str = less attractive because frost strike is already weak as piss? if anything str should be maximized as much as possible for bigger hits. Crit is an average stat for frost its not good. As people mentioned Obliterate already gets a ton of crit from talents, and frost strikes from KM.

7. Wut, that doesn't make sense. Str = less attractive because frost strike is already weak as piss? if anything str should be maximized as much as possible for bigger hits. Crit is an average stat for frost its not good. As people mentioned Obliterate already gets a ton of crit from talents, and frost strikes from KM.
    Haste > crit for frost, I'm not sure why I even post this all the time, since people seem to ignore the stat completely in favor of everything else. Strength is the best stat after arp , regardless of the bug, but FS, diseases and HB are the only things that scale more off strength than arp or haste.

8. i'd say they are pretty even on frost, id prefer crit over haste, haste is good but diminishes greatly since we already have icy talons passive + an additional 20% from the buff, any haste on gear imo is a wasted stat that could be substiuted for a combination of stats like arp, exp and hit to reach our caps which allows us to gem more into str. only exception is obviously our weapons where havocs is superior.

9. Hi I currently have this build:

Frost Death Knight

Helmet: [Sanctified Scourgelord Helmet]
    Necklace: [Penumbra Pendant]
    Shoulders: [Sanctified Scourgelord Shoulderplates]
    Cloak: [Winding Sheet]
    Chest: [Sanctified Scourgelord Battleplate]
    Bracers: [Polar Bear Claw Bracers]
    Gloves: [Fleshrending Gauntlets]
    Belt: [Coldwraith Links]
    Leggings: [Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates]
    Boots: [Apocalypse's Advance]
    Ring1: [Ashen Band of Endless Might]
    Ring2: [Skeleton Lord's Circle]
    Trinket1: [Deathbringer's Will] / [Death's Verdict] (If full buffed)
    Trinket2: [Sharpened Twilight Scale]
    MH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    OH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    Relic: [Sigil of the Hanged Man] / [Sigil of Virulence]

Is it worse than the ARP build? Should I gem ARP? I'm neither ARP capped or Hit capped at the moment...
    Thanks

10. Hi I currently have this build:

Frost Death Knight

Helmet: [Sanctified Scourgelord Helmet]
    Necklace: [Penumbra Pendant]
    Shoulders: [Sanctified Scourgelord Shoulderplates]
    Cloak: [Winding Sheet]
    Chest: [Sanctified Scourgelord Battleplate]
    Bracers: [Polar Bear Claw Bracers]
    Gloves: [Fleshrending Gauntlets]
    Belt: [Coldwraith Links]
    Leggings: [Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates]
    Boots: [Apocalypse's Advance]
    Ring1: [Ashen Band of Endless Might]
    Ring2: [Skeleton Lord's Circle]
    Trinket1: [Deathbringer's Will] / [Death's Verdict] (If full buffed)
    Trinket2: [Sharpened Twilight Scale]
    MH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    OH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    Relic: [Sigil of the Hanged Man] / [Sigil of Virulence]

Is it worse than the ARP build? Should I gem ARP? I'm neither ARP capped or Hit capped at the moment...
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure you are hit capped. 5% from gear is mandatory, anything more is still very nice, but not top priority. As for whether it's worse, yes. Should you gem arp depends on what's your passive amount. If you're around 72% passively you should definitely re-gem.

11. With that gear you should be at 788 arp which is 56.3%.
    Gemming only red gem slots with arp would put you at 1028 which is 73.44%. If you add food and maybe JC/BS you can reach 1110 which is 79.3%.

I would go for ArP gems and will try to get Aldryanas asap.
    Sigil of Awareness is a must.

Edit.
    As for Hit, you are at 200 with gear only.
    You have atleast 7 gem slots that can be filled with 10str10hit gems to reach even higher hights. In case you dont have Engi, 20hit on gloves and 12hit/crit on feet are the enchants to go for. In this case after you get to 262 hit, you should gem other yellow slots with 20arp or 10str10haste.
    (Match gloves and belt first since they give you +6 str in return, and after that those +4str items like rings, neck, cloak, wrist can be gemmed with 10str10hit/ 20arp/ 10str10haste)

Toskz would also be a great upgrade over Polar, so those two agility items should be your top prio.

If i knew which profs u had and if u have aldryanas and tosks i could tell you what to put where exactly, but rip.
    Edited: April 3, 2019

12. Hi Gnimo,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I had made this char a long time ago before most guides were out so it is a mess.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

this is my char.

Correction: I have Aldryanas gloves instead of [Fleshrending Gauntlets]
    I also have Might Of Blight + Skeleton Circle rings instead of Ashen ring, because I am planning to use the Ashen ring to play Tank (should I?)

Current stats as shown on char is:
    Hit Rating 163 4.97%
    ARP 1280 91.46% with some gems (not fully gemmed yet)
    Crit 36.82%
    Exp 25/25

Profs are JC and BS (but haven't gemmed BS yet, can change to Eng if needed)

So it's a big mess =(

Thank you

13. For the Ashen ring, it all depends on which spec you want to focus more.
    If you mainly want to be a FDK DPS, the best option might be to get BoE icc trash tank ring instead of the ashen one.
    If you want to tank and you have no other ring, Might of Blight and Skeleton Lord work just fine.

As for your gear...
    20 hit on Gloves, 12hit12crit on Feet.
    Yellow gems in: Neck, Cloak, Wrist, Belt, Ring1, Ring2
    Should be 10str10hit (or 10str10haste depending on what ring you chose as your 2nd one). Yellow gem in agil gloves and other agil items should always be pure 20 arp.
    Red gems should be 20 arp (3x 34 from JC) all the way.
    Blue gem in chest should be matched with Nightmare Tear (T10 legs should be gemmed with 2x 20arp).
    Meta should be Relentless one, 21 agil 3% more crit dmg.

Hit number you want to be at is 164 - 263, no more than this.
    With Ashen ring, you will have a choice btwn 3x 20 arp gems in yellow slots (wrist, cloak, neck or ring) or 3x 10str10haste gems. With the rest of yellow gems being 10str10hit, you should be at 262 hit.
    Without Ashen ring, all yellow gems should be matched with 10str10hit to reach 233 hit rating.

Now, for expertise cap...
    If you ask Rifokelt, he will tell you to abandon Skeleton Lord ring and go with 17 expertise.
    If you ask me, it all depends on your skill level. If you are confident enough to know that you will make it on time and always refresh diseases with pestilence while getting dodged, feel free to do so.
    If you are not so confident in your rotation skills, keep Skeleton Lord ring and maybe gem it with 10exp10hit to reach 26 expertise.

Again, Sigil of Awareness is a must.
    There are couple of rotation videos in the guide on forums that i advise you to go check out.
    While we are at it, check the guide for spec aswell, the one you are using is not great to say the least. :D

Learning the rotation and how to move, switch targets should be your top prio now. There is the huge text and multiple videos in that guide that can help you a lot. Take your time and practice. I cant repeat this enough cos it is the most important thing when it comes to FDK dps in case you want to be at the top.
    Edited: April 3, 2019

14. For the Ashen ring, it all depends on which spec you want to focus more.
    If you mainly want to be a FDK DPS, the best option might be to get BoE icc trash tank ring instead of the ashen one.
    If you want to tank and you have no other ring, Might of Blight and Skeleton Lord work just fine.

As for your gear...
    20 hit on Gloves, 12hit12crit on Feet.
    Yellow gems in: Neck, Cloak, Wrist, Belt, Ring1, Ring2
    Should be 10str10hit (or 10str10haste depending on what ring you chose as your 2nd one). Yellow gem in agil gloves and other agil items should always be pure 20 arp.
    Red gems should be 20 arp (3x 34 from JC) all the way.
    Blue gem in chest should be matched with Nightmare Tear (T10 legs should be gemmed with 2x 20arp).
    Meta should be Relentless one, 21 agil 3% more crit dmg.

Hit number you want to be at is 164 - 263, no more than this.
    With Ashen ring, you will have a choice btwn 3x 20 arp gems in yellow slots (wrist, cloak, neck or ring) or 3x 10str10haste gems. With the rest of yellow gems being 10str10hit, you should be at 262 hit.
    Without Ashen ring, all yellow gems should be matched with 10str10hit to reach 233 hit rating.

Now, for expertise cap...
    If you ask Rifokelt, he will tell you to abandon Skeleton Lord ring and go with 17 expertise.
    If you ask me, it all depends on your skill level. If you are confident enough to know that you will make it on time and always refresh diseases with pestilence while getting dodged, feel free to do so.
    If you are not so confident in your rotation skills, keep Skeleton Lord ring and maybe gem it with 10exp10hit to reach 26 expertise.

Again, Sigil of Awareness is a must.
    There are couple of rotation videos in the guide on forums that i advise you to go check out.
    While we are at it, check the guide for spec aswell, the one you are using is not great to say the least. :D

Learning the rotation and how to move, switch targets should be your top prio now. There is the huge text and multiple videos in that guide that can help you a lot. Take your time and practice. I cant repeat this enough cos it is the most important thing when it comes to FDK dps in case you want to be at the top.
    Thank you so much, my only question now would be if I can get away with switching to Engineering and still make up the +20 hit from gloves and 12hit from feet while not using the Ashen ring....do you think it's worth it for the hyper gloves?

15. Its worth it for rocket boots mainly, gloves are also great, but the boots let you play greedy and get away with it.
    But i dont think you have to do it...
    Just play like this at first if you ask me, there is no need to instantly swap to Engi.
    If, in time, you start playing the class more and more and you find it fun and interesting, you could swap to Engi JC.
    But in that case, use Ashen ring for DPS.
    If you plan to tank mainly, engi wont be anything special.

First 123 Last