1. Hello there, many people have asked me to make a list of every single BiS gear for every spec. Unfortunately I never had the time to do so. I used to have a guide specifically for Unholy a while back. I got so much hate that I had someone delete the entire thread. Anyways, here is a list just for heroic gear that you might obtain in-game or donate for them. Feel free to suggest other gear as long as you can prove it is better than what I have.

Frost: You can either stack strength or ArP. It is really up to you. I've tried both of them and I pulled more dps with ArP. I am not going into details because I am not going to deal with those who go nuts trying to prove strength > ArP. Do what you want.
    1st list is for ArP.
    2nd list is for Str.

What you can get with coins

Frost Death Knight

Helmet: [Sanctified Scourgelord Helmet]
    Necklace: [Penumbra Pendant] / [Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation] (If you want to cap expertise)
    Shoulders: [Sanctified Scourgelord Shoulderplates]
    Cloak: [Varian's Furor]
    Chest: [Sanctified Scourgelord Battleplate]
    Bracers: [Toskk's Maximized Wristguards]
    Gloves: [Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy]
    Belt: [Coldwraith Links]
    Leggings: [Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates]
    Boots: [Apocalypse's Advance]
    Ring1: [Ashen Band of Endless Might]
    Ring2: [Might of Blight]
    Trinket1: [Deathbringer's Will]
    Trinket2: [Sharpened Twilight Scale]
    MH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    OH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    Relic: [Sigil of Awareness]

Note:
    Stack Armor Penetration.

Frost Death Knight

Necklace: [Penumbra Pendant]
    Cloak: [Winding Sheet]
    Bracers: [Polar Bear Claw Bracers]
    Gloves: [Fleshrending Gauntlets]
    Ring2: [Skeleton Lord's Circle]
    Trinket1: [Deathbringer's Will] / [Death's Verdict] (If full buffed)
    MH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    OH Weapon: [Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings]
    Relic: [Sigil of the Hanged Man] / [Sigil of Virulence]

Note:
    Stack Strength.
    [Sigil of the Hanged Man] for Tank n' Spank fights.
    [Sigil of Virulence] for fights that involve lots of movement.

Unholy Death Knight

Necklace: [Penumbra Pendant]
    Bracers: [Umbrage Armbands]
    Gloves: [Sanctified Scourgelord Gauntlets]
    Leggings: [Scourge Reaver's Legplates]
    MH Weapon: [Shadowmourne] / [Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand] (if can't afford Shadowmourne)

Note:
    Stack Strength.
    Need about 2 hit gems to get hit capped.

Blood Death Knight

Necklace: [Penumbra Pendant] / [Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation] (If you want to get expertise capped)
    Bracers: [Umbrage Armbands] / [Toskk's Maximized Wristguards] (If you use glorenzelg)
    Gloves: [Sanctified Scourgelord Gauntlets]
    Leggings: [Sanctified Scourgelord Legplates] / [Legplates of Aetheric Strife] (if you have Glorenzelg) Big shout out to Bchammerzz for mentioning Aetheric Strife
    MH Weapon: [Shadowmourne] / [Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand] (if can't afford Shadowmourne)

Note:
    Stack Armor Penetration (Only need 90%)
    Need about 2 hit gems to get hit capped.

What you can get in-game (HC)

Frost Death Knight

Necklace: [Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard]
    Boots: [Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers]
    MH Weapon: [Bloodvenom Blade]
    OH Weapon: [Bloodvenom Blade]
    Relic: [Sigil of Awareness]

Note:
    Stack Armor Penetration.

Frost Death Knight

Trinket2: [Death's Verdict]
    MH Weapon: [Bloodvenom Blade]
    OH Weapon: [Bloodvenom Blade]

Note:
    Stack Strength.

Unholy Death Knight

Trinket2: [Death's Verdict]
    MH Weapon: [Cryptmaker]

Note:
    Stack Strength.

Blood Death Knight

MH Weapon: [Cryptmaker]

Note:
    Stack Armor Penetration (Only need 90%)

2. never use agility offpieces for frost dk's you lose AP for crit which is quite average considering obliterates do over 70-80%+ crits and frost strikes 70%+.
    I'd take bracers of the heir for toskks.

winding sheet is terrible. EoF cloak is much better, expertise + arp which is bigger than any crit + haste it gives.

3. Just for reference, the OP is inactive. I've bumped all the important guides and threads in the section. If the DK community can agree upon some item lists, I'd be willing to update the thread. Though you'll probably need to shoot me a message privately, since my attention is all over the place.

4. to Mercy: we will never agree on agility offpieces on dk, due to mediocre convertation agi-crit for DK. (convertation is the same for warrior, but warrior has higher base amount of crit)

5. to Mercy: we will never agree on agility offpieces on dk, due to mediocre convertation agi-crit for DK. (convertation is the same for warrior, but warrior has higher base amount of crit)
    First of all that makes no sense, as the lower base amount would just make it more attractive. Crit loses its value as you get more of it and start hitting caps, not because you have too little to begin with. In reality the main reason why crit isn't as good is simply because DKs don't have Deep Wounds.
    Regardless of that, prior to the massive comment wipe on this thread, main argument against agi gear was due to overly effectiveness of strength due to Frost Strike dipping. Given how important reaching the arp cap is now for frost, I am confused why some would still be so adamantly against items like toskk's and aldriana's which come out as BiS using any sim out there.

6. dike, don't address Mercy :D she's not "writing" the guide, per se, she's just reposting it, doing her job.

7. dike, don't address Mercy :D she's not "writing" the guide, per se, she's just reposting it, doing her job.
    Originally Posted by Mercy
    If the DK community can agree upon some item lists, I'd be willing to update the thread.
    Originally Posted by Abra
    I am confused why some would still be so adamantly against items like toskk's and aldriana's which come out as BiS using any sim out there.
    Instead of Tosk's should pick Bracers of the Heir, instead of Adrianna's gloves should pick EOF plate hands. cuz in the case of arp fdk highest GS(item lvl) =/= success

8. leather isnt bis for frost, idc what ur sims say its not even close to using warmanes formulas. esp when frost dks aren't 100% fully working.

the only time i'd consider agility off pieces is for blood since it lacks alot of crit through talents compared to frost.

9. First of all that makes no sense, as the lower base amount would just make it more attractive. Crit loses its value as you get more of it and start hitting caps, not because you have too little to begin with. In reality the main reason why crit isn't as good is simply because DKs don't have Deep Wounds.
    Regardless of that, prior to the massive comment wipe on this thread, main argument against agi gear was due to overly effectiveness of strength due to Frost Strike dipping. Given how important reaching the arp cap is now for frost, I am confused why some would still be so adamantly against items like toskk's and aldriana's which come out as BiS using any sim out there.
    ^ 100% true bout the crit and stuff , ppl forget that they have 2 talents that give crit to the obliterate 1 being 9% the other 15% , that's 24% free crit on main skill, and your secondary skill the Frost Strike, well killing machine does the crit work there, therfore crit is useless on Frost IMO.

However to reach arp cap u'd have to use bracer and glove to arp cap or else u just will lose alot of stats, but you dont need aldriana's , gatercrasher's do better work,they give higher crit, attackpower, u lose the haste and 20 arp but gain double the attackpower also its 60 emblems of frost easy to get , also bout bracers, Bracers of the Heir even normal version beats tosks due to higher atp but imo , its up to peoples choice i guess, difference in str/agi is like 1 or 1.5k in dps, if you dont care that much bout tryhardin, just get whatever u're able to obtain faster.
    Edited: April 9, 2016

10. Speaking of agility pieces, Just today I met a fdk all gems yellow 20crit and special gems 34crit and red 10str 10crit lol. Anyone know a fdk using agility off pieces (wanna see stats in armory)? Abra if ur using agility off pieces what's your crit and str unbuffed? I want to compare it with this dk

11. The first setup on the list , the arp one there's 4 items that aren't bis

Neck-=Penumbra Pendant (284 ilvl ) - Arp+crit, both main stats covered (highest str+arp item) must use item

Cloak=Might of the ocean serpent ( 50 eof exp+arp 264ilvl) - EXP cap and ARP most important stats , this cloak should be first item you buy when u reach 80.

Gloves= Gatecrasher's Gaunlets ( 60 eof crit+arp 264 ilvl) - Crit + Arp STR item just beats any agi Arp item even if its 1 tier below.

Bracers= Bracers of the Heir ( Halion 10H crit+arp 271 ilvl) - Same as gloves this bracers give almost same crit and arp but give you double attackpower must use item!

Offhand=Bloodvenom Blade ( DBS 25HC atp+hit+arp 277 ilvl) - Explained this below

Basically the only items without armor pen should be Legs,Feet,1 ring(ashen), and MH weapon(Havoc's call), all other items should have ARP.

Lot of ppl argue Havoc VS Bloodvenom on offhand, I will explain now
    Thing is offhand damage is 2low for it to matter tbh, that 40 weapon damage that you lose, you gain arp that covers for 2 gems, which you can change to 40 str 40 str on mainhand and +10 attackpower is about 30 wep dmg, also lets not forget the 54 hit rating which u get instead of Haste, because of this hit you are able to use 1 more arp item(Bracer/Cloak) and that way u get another 60 arp that u dont have to gem which change into 60 STR , therfore Havoc OH vs BVB OH is like 70 wep damage on mainhand vs 50 wep damage on offhand, now just think about it how much dmg your mainhand does, and than how much dmg your offhand does.

12. ppl forget that they have 2 talents that give crit to the obliterate 1 being 9% the other 15% , that's 24% free crit on main skill,
    +3% from annihilation. the more reason to go for Strength and not take more crit, FDk already have a 27% crit bonus to obliterate and FS on proc is good enough gemming pure crit or going as far as taking Agility pieces for crit won't be better. look at crit value for fdk 1.1894 compared to str 2.3650

it's not bad, but a strength build with some 10str 10yellow will still sim better. you're trying to increase and already high crit% on ur abilities. aside making ur already high crit hit harder.

the only time i'd consider agility off pieces is for blood since it lacks alot of crit through talents compared to frost.
    As of right now it's quite hard to make a suitable setup without being forced to gem for primary stats thanks to ****ing Blood gorged bugged, but yes i've been thinking of this too that if blood gorged gets fixed we can use agility arp gear off pieces and still make up for the STR by gemming it since we have a good leeway but not atm thanks to Bloodgorged..

13. +3% from annihilation. the more reason to go for Strength and not take more crit, FDk already have a 27% crit bonus to obliterate and FS on proc is good enough gemming pure crit or going as far as taking Agility pieces for crit won't be better. look at crit value for fdk 1.1894 compared to str 2.3650

it's not bad, but a strength build with some 10str 10yellow will still sim better. you're trying to increase and already high crit% on ur abilities. aside making ur already high crit hit harder.
    Damn I knew i forgot something , oh well thanks on the input :D

Nah 10str 10 crit is just not worth it , I regemed like 3-4 times just to test this , obliterate crit % is same i have 2 dk's 1 has 33% crit the other has like 38% crit, in raid on both i have same crit % , basicly what u wanna do on DK these days is, max out str+arp as much as posible, that's why I dont recommend using agility gear , you have 15% rune that has 2 ppm , and Unbreakable armor on 1 min cd, agility just loses you ALOT ALOT of dps even 2 items, all talents on DK are str scaling, procs aswell, they dont scale from ATP, they scale from STR, so the agilty items dont benefit the Fallen Crusader(15%str) nor Unbreakable armor(20%str), nor Endless winter(4%str), nor Ravenous Dead(3% str)
    Also for the ppl who arent lazy, arp cap is 1360 not 1400, you use food to cap arp, why? Simple that 40 Str from the gems is scaling , the food str is not , what u wanna have better 40STR that scales or 40 Str that doesnt scale? :D
    Tryhardin at it's best kappa

14. I was disagreeing with you supporting agility pieces since you were 100% agreeing with Abra but it seems you're going for pure STR as well. yes agility pieces is not worth it crit doesn't gain more value the more of it on the contrary it's value decreases.

And as you mentioned Fallen Crusader with the fixed PPM it's uptime 75% which is just too much to lose, STR buffs and there is no need as you can reach the arp cap easily with full str pieces the only item which you can replace and yield similar str is back compared to Winding sheet, unless u need exp go might of ocean seprent

15. I was disagreeing with you supporting agility pieces since you were 100% agreeing with Abra but it seems you're going for pure STR as well. yes agility pieces is not worth it crit doesn't gain more value the more of it on the contrary it's value decreases.

And as you mentioned Fallen Crusader with the fixed PPM it's uptime 75% which is just too much to lose, STR buffs and there is no need as you can reach the arp cap easily with full str pieces the only item which you can replace and yield similar str is back compared to Winding sheet, unless u need exp go might of ocean seprent
    I think u misunderstood, I supported his explanation about crit not the agi items.

You have to use Might of the ocean serpent or your exp gonna suck its 28/23 for Horde and 23/26 for Ally with it.
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...thwing/summary My horde DK, Missing Havoc and Apocalypse
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...thwing/summary My ally DK, Missing Bracers of the Heir
    This build on the ally dk has proven to be HIGHEST dps outcome for me, I tested countless builds on both ptr and deathwing , and this build just smacks all the other except 1 , the DV + STS Build only this one is able to keep up. That build is 2 complicated to explain here, those who know how to build it , they can try see which suits better for them, those that dont use Deathleader's build just swap Bracers to Bracers of the Heir or w8 for some1 who isnt lazy to explain how and what to get XD.

PS: That Bracers of the Heir are very rare and hard to obtain, especially now since RS scripts are kappa

123 Last