1. So apart from banning, what are GM's helping with ?

They ban people, yes ... I am very glad for that, as I wouldn't want to play on a server filled by bug abusers, ninjas, botters, and powerlevelers / gold sellers.

But apart from banning, what are they here for ? I don't understand, GM's don't complete bugged quests, and they don't give you bugged loot from raids ...

Has anyone ever been helped by a GM in any way ? I really want to know. Each time I am in need of help because of a bug, the GM replies "Sorry, but I can't do that" "Sorry we don't help with that".

Why the hell don't you ?

What do you help with ?

Please, go ahead and make us a list that we can find easily so that people can stop trying to get help with problems you don't care about, at least you'll get less tickets.

2. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....e-Ticket-Guide

Check those sections:
    What you CAN submit in a ticket
    What you should NOT submit in a ticket

3. GMs DO complete bugged quests if it is absolutely necessary that you have it completed in order to play. For ex., DK start area quests. If it's some random quest out in Africa, you can do without it. Better to let the devs fix it.

Of course GMs don't give you bugged loot from raids. Blizzard GMs don't do that either.

I've been helped by GMs plenty of times. Fixed my Quel'Delar quest chain. Fixed my quest for Redemption. (Old core stuff.) Helped me with a bug where my Warlock was being appearing twice in my character list, causing my client to crash. Helped me fix my character being stuck as dead after un-stucking both in-game and on the website. Helped me with information regarding the game itself that I probably could've found on Google. Answered some questions about planned events (arena season dates, if they know whether a certain holiday event worked, and some other things).
    I could keep going....... but I hope you get the point.

Coming on the forum here to rant about how the GM(s) in question didn't help you with whatever your issue was isn't going to help you get your way. :/ Bad form.

4. Thanks for pointing the Ticket Guide thread out. Indeed, they tell us not to ask them to complete bugged quests or ask them to give bugged loot.

So now that I know this, I really just want to know : why not ? Why don't GM's do that ?

Because "Blizzard GMs don't do that" ? But when did we start doing everything like Blizzard ? No, this doesn't really make sense to me, there must be another reason, and this is my second question now, that I think only GM's can answer :

Why do you only help players if the issue they have is really game-breaking, like their character being stuck or a rep quest chain being broken ? Why not ALL issues, like raid loot being bugged or an achievement quest chain being broken ?

5. Because GM has a lot of players to handle and a lot more important better things to do than fixing non-gamebreaking bugs for all the players around the realm?

Assumption, of course

6. Years ago when I wasn't a staff here, I was lost in Eastern Plaguelands trying to find a specific location for a quest (you know, having to count with tothbot was a sore) and a GM teleported me to the right place. This GM still works here (Cairner). :)

7. @Handepsilon I might be the luckiest man alive, but I leveled a druid to 80, a pala to 64, a lock to 74, and a dk to 58 without ever absolutely requiring help from a GM because of a game-breaking bug. Try to bear with me and understand my point of view when I say that, for me, the image of half a dozen GM's being overrun by such rare occurences of "really game-breaking" bugs seems far-fetched. Bans do seem to be numerous, I will agree to that, yet it does not make sense to me that they would overlook what must be at least half of the tickets (for valid issues) just because they have busy days. I would prefer my issue gets resolved after a while, rather than never.
    Don't take me wrong, I am completely ok with my non game-breaking issue getting put into the background while they fix more important stuff. It is only natural.
    In any case, I don't know if your "assumption" is based on anything, and I don't know if GM's really are too busy, but if they are, I would suggest they try recruiting. I am sure a lot of members from the community would volunteer to help.

@Palutena An interesting story. Here's mine : days ago when I hadn't created this thread, I had lost an item because of a loot bug (you know, a rare item, that will take months for me to find again, unless the droprate is higher than it is supposed to be), and a GM told me that he wouldn't help. This GM currently works here (I don't remember who). :(
    In all seriousness, I think helping players who can't ask global / their guild / Google should come after helping players who really, truly, need GM help for a non game-breaking issue, which, of course, should come after solving game-breaking issues and banning.

Like I already said the only positive feedback I can give to the GM's is concerning bans. They're really fast and effective regarding them and any botter / abuser etc... that I've reported was banned shortly after. I would like being able to say the same for all my issues. And trust me, I'm not the type to write tickets for gold, levels, or as a replacement for a search engine.

The reason I'm bumping this, by the way, is because the question still stands. I'd like to hear from a GM at least once, so I can really understand why things were decided this way, if it pleases you.

8. @Palutena An interesting story. Here's mine : days ago when I hadn't created this thread, I had lost an item because of a loot bug (you know, a rare item, that will take months for me to find again, unless the droprate is higher than it is supposed to be), and a GM told me that he wouldn't help. This GM currently works here (I don't remember who). :(
    In all seriousness, I think helping players who can't ask global / their guild / Google should come after helping players who really, truly, need GM help for a non game-breaking issue, which, of course, should come after solving game-breaking issues and banning.
    Some of the GMs help with bugs that are not game-breaking. Like bugged quests. While others send you to bug tracker. But they are not allowed to give you items. One of the reasons could be that they do not have any logs that would prove that you were supposed to have the item or what happened with it.

The reason I'm bumping this, by the way, is because the question still stands. I'd like to hear from a GM at least once, so I can really understand why things were decided this way, if it pleases you.
    GMs don't usually post on forum so that probably won't happen.

9. In any case, I don't know if your "assumption" is based on anything, and I don't know if GM's really are too busy, but if they are, I would suggest they try recruiting. I am sure a lot of members from the community would volunteer to help.

(...)

The aim of GMs is to assist players, not to be a work around to bugs. It has never been and I certainly don't see any more ever being hired for that. We also aren't going to take "volunteers" and give them GM powers or even just authority. There's no need of more GMs to do what they are there to actually do.

The problem I see here is simply that you expect from GMs things they simply aren't there to provide. They can answer questions, they can help players affected by something that completely blocks their game play (like a racial or class quest getting broken, some quest-based skill being lost, being stuck dead and unable to solve it even with the webpage Unstuck, etc.), they can deal with reports of players being abusive, cheating or exploiting, and so on, but not to solve non-game breaking issues related to bugs.

You can, of course, still wait for an official GM reply, since I'm just giving my personal take of their activities and limitations on what they are able/allowed to do, but don't expect their duties to be changed or their replies to add much more than what has already been said by multiple people.

10. @anyone0 Trust me, if a GM had inspected the screenshots attached to the report I had sent, there was no way he could think I was trying to abuse. By the way - there was nothing to abuse. Although that can be the issue in a general sense for loot bugs.

But it doesn't seem like I'll get an answer. I guess I was mislead by seeing every GM of every other private server I've played on being, exactly like Obnoxious said, a work around to bugs. Never had this kind of issue but here.

I'll end it with just this : the choices you have made about moderation on this server make me feel like the GM's don't really care about the players. Or any kind of moderator (talking about the forums, too). I know at least a few other people that feel the same, so I don't think I'm overdemanding. But since this is off-topic I won't go into details.