1. BM vs MM pve on new core?

I was playing hunter before and MM was way to go. But what is the situation now on new lordaeron with new core? Is it worth to switch cuz of that BM buff?

2. What "BM buff" are you refering to?. If it is Ferocious Inspiration ( +1/2/3 % all dmg to the team) it had always worked and still it is working; same with Kindred Spirits. Pet's procs from BM talent tree Haste/Crit were working, and I guess that are still working.

In my opinion, BM atm is balanced, nothing to abuse of or major stuffs not working properly.
    Edited: April 7, 2016 Reason: aditional information

3. Yes Im refering to that buff. Also what is the damage compared to MM?

4. BM is more focused on bursting rather than in sustained damage over the time.

As any guide could say, in PvE: BM < MM > SV. Beast Mastery is mostly for fun, leveleing, pettanking, countering certain specs in pvp; but even that can be used in PvE at the end MM will overtake BM interms of damage done and DPS (maybe by 2 to 4k DPS) -same player: gear/knowledge-. The reason for this is how pet's stats mechanics works and the stats in the sets.

5. From what I recall when I ran numbers long long ago, after a certain threshold of ArP, MM becomes the most superior PvE spec. I sadly cannot remember what that magic number was, but I suppose if you look around in this sub-forum you may be able to find it.

6. From what I recall when I ran numbers long long ago, after a certain threshold of ArP, MM becomes the most superior PvE spec. I sadly cannot remember what that magic number was, but I suppose if you look around in this sub-forum you may be able to find it.
    600/700 - softcap
    1200 - hardcap

7. 600/700 - softcap
    1200 - hardcap
    Wrong.

1400 is the hardcap for MM. And you also only start gemming ARP on a Hunter once you get a value that sits around 800 to 850 that is generated through gear itself and without gems in the math otherwise you're wasting stats (For dummies; That means a damage loss in overall) since you will not touch the ArP cap.
    Edited: April 18, 2016

8. From what I recall when I ran numbers long long ago, after a certain threshold of ArP, MM becomes the most superior PvE spec. I sadly cannot remember what that magic number was, but I suppose if you look around in this sub-forum you may be able to find it.
    If you get a 226+ ilvl ranged weapon and can hit at least ~300+ arp from your gear alone it should be worth playing MM over SV. BM is completely out of the picture. It's not a worthless DPS spec, but to my knowledge it always performs inferior to SV and MM during 3.3.5.

9. BM and SV aren't viable raiding specs their good in PvP but wouldn't recommend them in PvE just go MM.

10. BM and SV aren't viable raiding specs their good in PvP but wouldn't recommend them in PvE just go MM.
    SV is perfectly viable with ICC gear. It won't beat MM, but it can get very close. You just have to know how to play it properly. Math has proven this plenty of times :) Don't get me wrong though, if you're looking to maximize your damage output you should no doubts be playing MM, but I wouldn't chew anyone out for playing SV. BM, however, seems like a spec that quite can't keep up in the same way, but I may be wrong there.

And as a final note - if whoever that reads this do play on Lordaeron, and thinks that MM is better (or worse, non-viable), then you should think again. SV is outperforming MM at the moment due to the gear you can and cannot get.

11. SV is perfectly viable with ICC gear. It won't beat MM, but it can get very close. You just have to know how to play it properly. Math has proven this plenty of times :) Don't get me wrong though, if you're looking to maximize your damage output you should no doubts be playing MM, but I wouldn't chew anyone out for playing SV. BM, however, seems like a spec that quite can't keep up in the same way, but I may be wrong there.

And as a final note - if whoever that reads this do play on Lordaeron, and thinks that MM is better (or worse, non-viable), then you should think again. SV is outperforming MM at the moment due to the gear you can and cannot get.
    Please provide screen shot of survival hunter dps with gear on the new core.
    Lordearon is different story MM shines with Arm Pen and since Lordearon hasn't released ICC yet Survival will out perform MM.

12. Please provide screen shot of survival hunter dps with gear on the new core.
    Lordearon is different story MM shines with Arm Pen and since Lordearon hasn't released ICC yet Survival will out perform MM.
    Pull out a spreadsheet or rawr, and you can see the math there for yourself :) Idk if MM is buffed on this server compared to retail, but if it's blizzlike then MM edges out on SV but not as much to the point where SV can be considered as 'not viable'.

13. Pull out a spreadsheet or rawr, and you can see the math there for yourself :) Idk if MM is buffed on this server compared to retail, but if it's blizzlike then MM edges out on SV but not as much to the point where SV can be considered as 'not viable'.
    Having never played retail during wotlk but having read a lot of info it was said that survival wasn't to far behind MM but this is Warmane even with the new core things aren't 100% as they would've be on retail, there's also not too many people knee on trying survival on the new core to see what work and what doesn't.

14. BM and SV aren't viable raiding specs their good in PvP but wouldn't recommend them in PvE just go MM.
    Both of them are completely viable - Most of the players in Warmane suck using them though. Stating that they are not viable when you're not sure about how they work is ridiculous.

Also - MM is indeed the top spec since ArP gear was included (when TOC was released MM started to gain even more damage) - Other than that Survival and BM could race MM really well.

15. Both of them are completely viable - Most of the players in Warmane suck using them though. Stating that they are not viable when you're not sure about how they work is ridiculous.

Also - MM is indeed the top spec since ArP gear was included (when TOC was released MM started to gain even more damage) - Other than that Survival and BM could race MM really well.
    ^This guy knows his stuff. More SV than BM iirc. Pretty much even for SV and MM at toc level. SV for entry icc is also very much more than viable.

12 Last