1. July 5, 2016  
    And pls don't show me any DPS numbers for MDPS, unless it's Festergut - that is THE ONLY fight in ICC where MDPS can compete on single-target DPS.
    And you are able to finish 0.1% behind equally geared warriors in this fight. Does this make you competitive?

@Bensten - from the 3 DKs you showed me, one was in PvP gear, the other one was Frost str gemmed, the last one is a full BiS donor with Smourne. Neither of them is a good example for DPS. But then again there is a reason I've never wanted to join that guild :D
    What exactly is a good example of dps?
    Edited: July 5, 2016

2. July 5, 2016  
    1. Yes, that would make me feel competitive. Warriors and TTW mages are the top DPSers on WotLK, with warriors beating mages on Festergut due to spores and Vile Gas. If the warrior in your group is not #1 on Festergut, then he's either undergeared or bad.

2. A properly geared, gemmed & glyphed DK. Which means neither of the 3 you linked :D

On a general note, it surprises me how many questions are asked in this thread, in case the guide already has the answers. I've read this guide at least 10 times in its original form in EJ, you can wake me up and I'll know exactly what spec you have to use, what to gem, glyph etc, yet I see people here asking such silly questions...

3. July 5, 2016  
    1. Yes, that would make me feel competitive. Warriors and TTW mages are the top DPSers on WotLK, with warriors beating mages on Festergut due to spores and Vile Gas. If the warrior in your group is not #1 on Festergut, then he's either undergeared or bad.
    Mages don't have to take spores. And nothing can beat a TTW mage in single target dps on warmane. If you really think otherwise your assumptions about current state of pve is just wrong.

2. A properly geared, gemmed & glyphed DK. Which means neither of the 3 you linked :D
    May you link your DK so we can improve?

4. July 5, 2016  
    Mages do get hit by Vile Gas though, which reduces their uptime and thus their DPS.

This is the build I consider best. Reaping past 2T10 is a worthwhile DPS gain, as it is explained in the guide. The build opts out from the useless Dirge and takes one point from BCB (~5% DPS when maxed), and invests the points into Reaping. The talents, which can be considered are Wandering Plague, BCB and Morbidity, with the third being worthwhile only on continuous AoE fights (the trash before LDW/Valithria?!?). BCB is a strict single-target talent, WP is both single-target and AoE, where it is easily the main source of damage.

I just don't understand why DKs on Warmane pick Morbidity over Reaping. It makes no sense after 5k GS. And even before that, BCB is better for single-target.

5. July 5, 2016  
    Any new theories about Unholy PvE?
    I start to notice more of Unholy running around, but never really seen anyone doing competitive DPS.
    We see plenty of Unholy DK's being extremely competitive. Scourge Strike is doing a little too much damage, but the ghoul's doing too little, so things aren't exactly blizz-like yet. The way things stand currently, the spec is indeed very competitive personal dps-wise and offers more than its fair share of niche utility to justify itself a raid spot or two.

6. July 5, 2016  
    Mages do get hit by Vile Gas though, which reduces their uptime and thus their DPS.
    And they are so much ahead that this doesn't matter at all unles they get hit by several casts of it.

This is the build I consider best. Reaping past 2T10 is a worthwhile DPS gain, as it is explained in the guide. The build opts out from the useless Dirge and takes one point from BCB (~5% DPS when maxed), and invests the points into Reaping. The talents, which can be considered are Wandering Plague, BCB and Morbidity, with the third being worthwhile only on continuous AoE fights (the trash before LDW/Valithria?!?). BCB is a strict single-target talent, WP is both single-target and AoE and is inferior to BCB in single-target DPS, but it more than compensates on AoE fights, where it is easily the main source of damage.

I just don't understand why DKs on Warmane pick Morbidity over Reaping. It makes no sense after 5k GS. And even before that, BCB is better for single-target.
    If you really followed the EJ guide - back when it was still online - and especially read all the comments you'd know that reaping was considered pointless at the end of 3.3.5. There wasn't a single opinion in the comments nor the guide stating something different. There even was a comparison of all the top dps uh dks of WoL showing that none of them was using reaping.

Next thing Morbidity: My DC crits for the exact same amounts of my SS. It's doing **** loads of damage and also pushing Unholy Blight. On top of that it's reducing the CD of DnD. And unlike your statement DnD is your main source of damage in any AoE scenario. This is true for LDW/VDW trash (as the biggest trash packs) and also true for DBS (DnD doesn't suffer any AoE suppression on Blood Beasts) and also Sindra on tombs.

BCB is worth 3-3.5% damage max on a single target fight. So, feel free to get it for Festergut/Rotface or whatever meaningless boss you want. On every fight that matters PP/Sindra/LK Morbidity will outperform it easily.

7. July 5, 2016  
    If SS outdamages 2x BS significantly, then Reaping is a DPS gain.

My point is picking a talent solely for AoE purposes is not the best of investment. But yes, you are correct that Morbidity also pushes UB since it directly increases DC. So in your case we reach to this build being the best. Am I right? Honestly, the one I use right now is 2/3 Morbidity and 3/3 Reaping, without Dirge.

8. July 5, 2016  
    You can take whatever talents you want. The guide is pretty clear about Reaping and taking your own quote...

yet I see people here asking such silly questions...
    ..you should know what to take and what not. This guide is absolutely clear about reaping. Redundancy is redundant

9. July 6, 2016  
    You can take whatever talents you want. The guide is pretty clear about Reaping and taking your own quote...

..you should know what to take and what not. This guide is absolutely clear about reaping. Redundancy is redundant
    cuz if full bis (almost 70% of passive arp lel) with smourne, that one extra scourge strike is the killer

10. July 6, 2016  
    cuz if full bis (almost 70% of passive arp lel) with smourne, that one extra scourge strike is the killer
    Not really. Reaping is also only worth about 1% per talent point. And it's not worth it if you take the points out of BCB or UHB. In those cases it's a solid 1:1 (in case of UHB which is 1.2%+ per point - in my case with 3/3 Morbidity UHB accounts for 1.3-1.5% of my dmg - even less) conversion of damage.

11. July 6, 2016  

12. July 6, 2016  
    I mean, how do you calculate that 1 or 1.2%? If I take for example BCB, its 3% of total damage, but it is not 3% increase to total damage.
    Edited: July 6, 2016

13. July 6, 2016  
    I mean, how do you calculate that 1 or 1.2%? If I take for example BCB, its 3% of total damage, but it is not 3% increase to total damage.
    In a scenario where you don't have to sacrifice anything in order to take it it's a straight 3% increase. In any real world comparison the actual increase is less than the portion of your overall damage.

BCB and UHB are much easier to calculate than Reaping, though. BCB is 3% of your total damage, UHB 10% of your DC damage. Reaping is much more RNG dependent. So all numbers are more of an approximated range of what to expect.
    Edited: July 6, 2016

14. July 6, 2016  
    Reaping is much more RNG dependent. So all numbers are more of an approximated range of what to expect.
    u wot m8? kind of rocket science?

15. July 6, 2016  
    Reaping is as simple as replacing the two BS in the second rune cycle with one SS. How is that RNG?

First 12345 ... Last