1. July 7, 2016  
    Reaping is as simple as replacing the two BS in the second rune cycle with one SS. How is that RNG?
    That's just how it's working. Not how effective it is.

Reaping relies on SS crits. If your SS generated by Reaping doesn't crit, you lose almost all it's value. Especially if I take a look at my usual recounts. SS only outdamages 2xBS because of the Shadow part. In fact the physical part always avgs. lower than 2xBS. And I usually have a higher crit% on my BS than on my SS even though I'm doing more BS. Basically the lower the Shadow Part is, the lower the value of reaping will be.

Considering my gear and our usual raid composition I'd be losing damage if both my BS crit and my SS doesn't. And this is even before I account for any of the talents I'd be losing by taking Reaping.

2. July 7, 2016  
    That's just how it's working. Not how effective it is.

Reaping relies on SS crits. If your SS generated by Reaping doesn't crit, you lose almost all it's value. Especially if I take a look at my usual recounts. SS only outdamages 2xBS because of the Shadow part. In fact the physical part always avgs. lower than 2xBS. And I usually have a higher crit% on my BS than on my SS even though I'm doing more BS. Basically the lower the Shadow Part is, the lower the value of reaping will be.

Considering my gear and our usual raid composition I'd be losing damage if both my BS crit and my SS doesn't. And this is even before I account for any of the talents I'd be losing by taking Reaping.
    even if doesnt crit one SS > one deth coil> two BS

3. And that's without even delving into Scourge Strike scaling, gargoyle damage and Blood-Caked Blade damage, neither of which I am sure work properly.
    This still the case? If so, this would really explain why my damage is really sucky (not taking into account minor infractions with gear).

4. Well, as it is now, the spec that is the closest to what it should be on retail is Frost. Unholy still has many things that need fixing and Blood's Blood Gorged needs attention as well. This doesn't mean that Frost is bug-free :D It's just the spec with the least impactful bugs.

5. I guess I'll be learning how to play frost then, unfortunately....right as I get the unholy rotation, stat prio, and general play down pat. Thanks for the info - was a big help! :D

6. Also a tip, as unholy dps don't use glyph of disease it will **** up your damage. Always let your disease fall off before re applying them. Also wandering plague has a 1 sec internal cooldown so when you refresh them with glyph of disease you basically let it proc only once due to diseases ticking together and thus lowering your single target dps.

7. Also a tip, as unholy dps don't use glyph of disease it will **** up your damage. Always let your disease fall off before re applying them. Also wandering plague has a 1 sec internal cooldown so when you refresh them with glyph of disease you basically let it proc only once due to diseases ticking together and thus lowering your single target dps.
    What the hell man.
    Glyph of disease is very nice damage and fluidity boost. Wondering plague wont proc twice at same time, but it wouldn't anyway. Both diseases tick even if tick is at the same time, diseases are not major source of damage directly. If you use Reaping its even better, start by applying diseases, blood strike x2 to turn blood runes into death runes, then 3 or even 4 scourge strikes, if you use glyph of scourge strike(instead of epidemic talent) its right on time to pestilence refresh, blood strike desolation refresh, 3 or even 4 scourge strikes, rp dump, repeat. It is awesome. Also death coil is filler, don't waste glyph on it... Morbidity 2/3, no Unholy Blight.

8. Just a quick-question, what's your dps expectancy without Shadowmourne?

Talked with a lot of hc raiders in-game, and they all seem to agree that a moderately high-geared UH DK ( around 6k gs, for reference), should do around 11-13k dps single-target. Raid utility aside , is this really their state?

9. Yes, Unholy DPS has some bugs with some of their stuff. Like the ghoul hitting like a wet noodle.

10. Yes, Unholy DPS has some bugs with some of their stuff. Like the ghoul hitting like a wet noodle.
    That's really disheartening, I wonder If i should even bother trying to gear an UHDK, without going all out on bis gear and shadowmourne.

11. Well, Unholy still does great AoE dps, and it's nice to have with larger raids.

12. This is my opinion and its based on many years of playing a DK in raids, on retail, molten, warmane. U can have or own but i think this is the best way to go...

Slight change to the Unholy / Frost tree talent build:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#jZG0...hIxcbx0zx0uIqo

Slight change to Best in Slot All items gear:
    Signet of Twilight (25m hc RS) instead of Might of Blight
    Wispering Fanged Skull (10m hc ICC) instead of Deathbringers Will.

As far as the curent unholy dps state in raids, u will be god when it comes to aoe dpsing, and its quite good on single target, considering the main idea of this spec was huge constant aoe damage. It has some bugs, especialy pet bug, as said from previous comments, and rune grace period reset after ur ability miss, but its nice...

When it comes to Glyphs, as guide itself states its best to go for Glyph of: Icy Touch, Dark Death, The Ghoul.
    Having 53% less chance (this should be ur crit % with changes in BIS gear, fully raid buffed) on every disease tick for Wandering Plague to proc just so u can have 1 extra Scourge Strike per rotation, is not worth it. Especialy since Scourge Strike normal dmg is basicly the same as the dmg from Icy Touch + Plague Strike combo. Even when it comes to aoe dps i wouldnt suggest going Glyph of Disease...

When it comes to Shadowmourne vs Glorenzelg, dont worry about it. Its not a huge diference, especialy when it comes to aoe dpsing, since ur dmg is based on diseases and death and decay, so if u enjoy playing unholy go for it.

Oh, i almost forgot, never wait for ur runes to completely run out, for the cost of delaying ur entire rotation ofc, it wont effect ur dps almost at all... Always try to look 10 steps ahead, and if u think that refreshing them sooner will make u set something else that will increase ur dps by a huge amount, go for it.

13. This is my opinion and its based on many years of playing a DK in raids, on retail, molten, warmane. U can have or own but i think this is the best way to go...
    Do you have some numbers for Festergut?

I've been testing a lot lately, atm. running your spec with 3/3 Reaping instead of Morbidity and 1384 ArP. This is the setup with the highest damage my rawr could come up with. No idea if this will be the same ingame, tho.

14. Well i think u are missing the point of unholy dps, it was never ment be top single target dps...
    U wont top festergut or any single target based bosses ever, no matter what u do, but u will top on fights like 25m HC Halion and Lich King (un;ess u get grabbed by valks every time), and many other 3+ target fights. Going Morbidity is good for couple reasons but i prefer it mainly cos of this: 15sec cd on death and decay. Most of ppl that play unholy wont ever use this spell on a single target, but it actualy does more dmg than SS + BS sometimes, its good when ur SS gets dodged or if u have too much runic power that u can dump with or without using offencive AMS and so on...
    Unholy is also unique cos u can dps even if u are not even in melee range, its a half caster spec tbh. For example PP, place a DnD infront of the green ooze before it reaches the target and ul have full 10sec on it, while it explodes and recasts the ability again, and spam Death Coils while after u go in the air(that also gets buffed by morbidity). Other melee classes cant do anything close to that since they are stuck on doing dmg from melee range only...
    I never used rawr and i think that u cant compare something like that with a in game boss fight. All tests i did wer mainly based on DPSing the dummy first, for hours, maybe even days, and after that going in raids.
    From my point of view u should play unholy as master of aoe dmg dealing and do everything u can to maximise that. Thats why i go for WFS instead of DBW cos the more crit u have the higher the dmg of both Wandering Plague and Death and Decay will be (both trinket procs also line up perfectly with 1st and 2nd garg aswell, with the ashen ring proc, but thats just a bonus). Ur abilities also do 230% of normal dmg when they crit unlike any other class so thats also a bonus.
    Reaping is quite onesided talent that is focusing on more Scourge Strikes, and if u wanted to do that, best way would be to go blood tree as stated from the guide, which results in better dps on a dummy but less dps in raids overall. But i wouldnt suggest that.

15. The whole theory behind WFS vs. DBW isn't new. I just never met someone who's actually using it on an UH DK. That's why I'm curious about some numbers and I'm asking for Festergut as it is the best and only boss you can really discuss item sets on. Fights with a multi-target component are just way too random.

First ... 23456 ... Last