1. Hunter+skill...never heard of this. Most hunters here cant even scatter trap :D
    I hate having to reply so early, but doesn't this just prove the point that hunters are too difficult? Because, as you said, landing a scatter trap is too hard for players? Wouldn't this mean they take skill? Just a bit dumbfounded by your logic...

2. Hunters in MoP are a joke, I agree, but they were considered one of the hardest classes in both WotLK and Cata. I expected you of all people to know this much? I'm not sure if you tried hunters in TBC, but they were again one of the harder classes, if only because they had no self heals and were mostly mana burning half the game.

This is all pre-MoP. MoP removed Readiness which was where half the difficulty in the class came from. Timing readiness was critical, as it could be used offensively and defensively, and only the best hunters were able to use it for both simultaneously. MoP sadly decided to do away with this mechanism, definitely to make the class more noob friendly, which is proof that MM hunters were too difficult for players to master.
    You have to understand, though, it's not only hunters that were oversimplified and homogenized in MoP to better appeal to the more non-hardcore playerbase. It's almost every other class as well.

You could argue that classes weren't simplified, though, because of a few added abilities and a new talent tree, but you have to take in to account the removed abilities and simplified abilities (take Spell Reflect and Readiness as examples)

And I'm again going to bring up warriors as an example - in WotLK and in Cata (albeit not as much) they required actual stance dancing to properly utilize all their abilities like the popular Spell Reflect ability. But these days it's basically going through a few steps/questions in your head to decide which stance to sit in: *Do I have offensive cooldowns and can utilize them? Battle Stance *Am I being targeted? Defensive Stance, and so on.

Or if we look in to more specific things, I'd like to bring up shamans. Their totems got changed to further develop class homogenization, making them similar to other class abilities. Or if we look in to more specifics, their Tremor Totem is a good example - it used to be something that required a lot more "skill" because you needed to place it before a fear/charm/sleep and the AoE radius of it was much smaller. It got made in to what it is today because warriros had and still have the ability Berserker Rage.

The only classes which haven't been simplified or homogenized too much are probably Death Knights, Paladins and some could argue even Mages.

3. Every class was simplified in MoP. Dk's mechanics+heals, Pallies getting much more mobility+ranged damage and so on. It's not the fault of the players that their classes were simplified and anybody who blames the players for this is just being an imbecile.

On the contrary, the reason a lot of people complain about BM hunters specifically (and not MM or SV) is that quite a lot of BM hunts play in a cowardly fashion. For example, in duels, a lot of them start off with all offensives popped, and they themselves use deterrence twice or LoS while their pet rips the opponent apart. It's a strategy albeit a very cheap one. Just because their spec lets them to play and win like this doesn't mean they should. It's same as a rogue stealthing and eating in duels. Ignorant people take this to be the fault of the spec, and not the player. So play any class you want, but play it with class. :P
    Edited: April 13, 2016

4. I hate having to reply so early, but doesn't this just prove the point that hunters are too difficult? Because, as you said, landing a scatter trap is too hard for players? Wouldn't this mean they take skill? Just a bit dumbfounded by your logic...
    I think the point he was trying to make, was that scatter trapping isn't very difficult. Idk any morons who would use trinket on scatter shot, so its a matter of "scatter shot bind>land trap near the scattered target". Its fairly simple. I have experience on hunter but i just don't play it here.

Why don't I play it here? You shouldn't have to ask :D

BM is a noob spec and people only play is cuz of pets and not being able to LOS in arena, so the burst is higher than other hunter specs atm its a chicken**** way to go about it but whatever :) its also easy to pop cooldowns and let pets handle things while the hunter goes on the defensive like the other guy said ^^
    but maybe i missed the point he was trying to make also :D
    Edited: April 13, 2016

5. I agree hunter is an easy class to play decently well, but a good hunter is amazing. Same with warriors. You have normal warriors that do pretty good then you have amazing warriors that really are far above the rest and it shows. Very easy to learn ,but few really master it is what I am trying to say I guess.

6. Well if BM is op here it has to be buggy as ****. Wouldnt surprise me tho
    If I recall, BM in MoP was the best spec for a hunter in terms of damage. In WoD it became MM with Lone Wolf.

First 12