1. What is all the rage against bm hunters?

In global i keep seeing people talk about bm being op and skilless. And when I try to duel people they refuse beacuse im a bm hunter? idk, can anyone explain

2. In global i keep seeing people talk about bm being op and skilless. And when I try to duel people they refuse beacuse im a bm hunter? idk, can anyone explain
    Hunter takes skill in any expansion?

3. I meant why bm in particular, why not mm or sv

4. Well if BM is op here it has to be buggy as ****. Wouldnt surprise me tho

5. BM hunters have a bad reputation for being faceroll and a class requireing absolutly no skill at all, where you send in your pet (wich has to be like a spirit beast or something) and you don't do anything. Wich isn't really the truth anymore but ey...reputation is reputation.

6. I love how all non-hunters love bashing hunters. Just beacuse you lose against a hunter, it doesn't mean hunter is skillless. And this is World of Warcraft, takes so much skill to play any class /sarcasm.

7. This is just dumb. I don't get where people pull this crap out from.

Same would be with warriors - at low skill levels just pop everything and Bladestorm, at high skill levels there's so much utility and pressure a warrior can bring outside of the "swifty macro".
    Hunters are no different, on the outside it looks simple - just send your pet in, spam Kill Command, Arcane Shot and use offensives CD's when you can, while really hunters are one of the more complicated classes because of traps, pet micro-management and more.

I could really say that every class is simple if you purely look at their core mechanics. Like, for example, warlocks - they seem really hard to play what with all their dots, cc and sh*t, while in reality it's honestly more simple than some other "faceroll keyboard masher" specs. All you really have to keep an eye on is your dot uptimes, fear DR's and Soul Shards for defensives. Everything else is the same as with other classes - situational.

So, please, if people who think hunter is a faceroll, easy class, go get a brain and learn how to play.

8. This is just dumb. I don't get where people pull this crap out from.

Same would be with warriors - at low skill levels just pop everything and Bladestorm, at high skill levels there's so much utility and pressure a warrior can bring outside of the "swifty macro".
    Hunters are no different, on the outside it looks simple - just send your pet in, spam Kill Command, Arcane Shot and use offensives CD's when you can, while really hunters are one of the more complicated classes because of traps, pet micro-management and more.

I could really say that every class is simple if you purely look at their core mechanics. Like, for example, warlocks - they seem really hard to play what with all their dots, cc and sh*t, while in reality it's honestly more simple than some other "faceroll keyboard masher" specs. All you really have to keep an eye on is your dot uptimes, fear DR's and Soul Shards for defensives. Everything else is the same as with other classes - situational.

So, please, if people who think hunter is a faceroll, easy class, go get a brain and learn how to play.
    Nice post.
    But still! BM hunters.... :D

9. Bm hunter req. No skill at all yes. Playing it on highlevel isnt that hard since u dont even need to focus on how to do dmg lol ... u can just cc while ur pet is hitting like a truck.

Bm is faceroll.

And now you wanna tell me l2p i guess ?

10. Been playing gunter allot lately, and before settling into a spec i made some damage and pvp tests, conclusion was that mm hunter is more efficient than bm punter. Dunno why would anyone consider mounter op at all, its pure high dps dat's true, but its also a natural squishy class with low defenses. Also one of the most fun classes to play with, dat range!

11. Because Huntards since Wotlk (arp gemmed) have always been the newb friendly class of WoW, hell last season in retail you had huntards at 2.5k rat backpedalling their asses off but winning due to the OPness of the class. Same as retail statistics and probbaly here showing they are the most played class in bgs/arenas, because people simply like to have a easy win with minimal effort and hunters provide just that.

12. Easy af to play,twice as hard to master /Topic

13. Easy af to play,twice as hard to master /Topic
    Lets just say its a low-medium.

14. Because Huntards since Wotlk (arp gemmed) have always been the newb friendly class of WoW, hell last season in retail you had huntards at 2.5k rat backpedalling their asses off but winning due to the OPness of the class. Same as retail statistics and probbaly here showing they are the most played class in bgs/arenas, because people simply like to have a easy win with minimal effort and hunters provide just that.
    http://www.arenamate.net/representat...hs/archive/s14

Right, because look at all those Hunters during the Grevious season. Or maybe we should look at how hunters always dominate at Blizzcon! Those gosh darned OP hunters always being in the final year after year! So unfair of them! /s

If hunters were easy on wotlk, then someone send a message to the arena ladders because there should really be more hunters there.

Hunter takes skill in any expansion?
    Hunters in MoP are a joke, I agree, but they were considered one of the hardest classes in both WotLK and Cata. I expected you of all people to know this much? I'm not sure if you tried hunters in TBC, but they were again one of the harder classes, if only because they had no self heals and were mostly mana burning half the game.

But don't just take my word for it...

Poll done during Cataclysm: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/20...o-play-in-pvp/

Can't find other polls, but you can all feel free to google away and find what others feel about this on arena junkies (hint, its not what this thread suggests)

I'll wrap up by agreeing with what some others have said. Hunter's are simple to learn, difficult to actually do well with. They have more weaknesses than strengths.

This is all pre-MoP. MoP removed Readiness which was where half the difficulty in the class came from. Timing readiness was critical, as it could be used offensively and defensively, and only the best hunters were able to use it for both simultaneously. MoP sadly decided to do away with this mechanism, definitely to make the class more noob friendly, which is proof that MM hunters were too difficult for players to master.

BM has always been a noob spec and if anyone ever gets a glad using solely that spec, they deserve true recognition, because that spec is completely useless (and has been since TBC).

15. Hunter takes skill in any expansion?
    Hunter+skill...never heard of this. Most hunters here cant even scatter trap :D

12 Last