1. help a fellow warlock out

Hey fellow followers of the dark gods,

i really could use some help with the following issue. but first a little background so you all know the reason for asking me this. so before you start with omfg nub and stuff like that... read it.

A few years ago i lost the use of my left hand due to a bike crash. ever since then im kinda forced playing with /castsequence macro's. I started a warlock because back in retail i had one and loved playing with him. so i want to level one again here.

specc im currently using is affliction (55/0/16) but got a bit stuck on the macro, since there are a lot of cooldowns you have to keep track of and to be honest i have to cast them all with my mouse (hence the /castsequence macro) i really dont want to be that guy topping the dps charts in raids but still want to do some fairly decent dps

if its easier to make another macro for destruction (really love that spec) then you could always help me out with this one!

so please help a fellow gamer out !

2. A castsequence macro for Destruction is totally possible, yes. I remember doing this for a friend of mine some 4 years ago, but I have no memory of it anymore.

3. I can help you, I did some testing and I made a demonstration video just for u.

It is very difficult to use warlock rotation in a macro, but we can manage it. Firstly, you need to understand some things about rotation in general.

0. Your rotation is maintaining DoTs and also spamming Shadow Bolts. Your rotation macro will be DoT.
    1. Shadow Bolts should not be in a macro as you can have procs for instant cast. Shadow Bolts are cast in betweeen DoT spells (or in between spells within your rotation macro).
    2. Recast Haunt as soon as its CD is ready
    3. If you prefer using Curse of Agony, it shouldn't be cast until its gone from the target (that is how it builds up its damage)
    4. Corruption is often reset without reapplying

So, what did you learn from that? The macro needs to have an order in which the first two spells can be recast without finishing the whole macro cycle. That is why we use "reset=7". Also, to successfully track DoT on your target, you need to use an addon. Personally, I use Power Auras and track debuffs on an enemy target, but for you, I recommend using DoTimer... You can use anything u want, but be sure to use an addon for tracking DoT and its duration.

This is the DoT macro I recommend using:

/castsequence reset=7 Haunt, Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Curse of Agony

...or instead of it, use:

/castsequence reset=7 Haunt, Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Curse of the Elements

Shadow Bolt needs to be on a separate key. So, to successfully do damage with one hand, you need to use only two keys. If that becomes a problem to you, buy a mouse with many buttons.

This is a demonstration video I made just for you. You can watch it on YouTube. Notice that I am spamming Shadow Bolts while maintaining all DoT. Also, I am recasting Haunt as soon as its ready. Since the macro resets after 7 sec, I often don't finish its rotation. That's simply cause I don't need to. As long as addon shows me that corruption and curse are on the target, I don't need to cast those.

Edited: April 21, 2016