1. Thats what I don't understand. I don't need those extra few seconds for keeping serpent up on the main target, I usually get to do chimera shot and refresh it. If that is the case, is there any other reason for using it? I will never drop chimera and If i use that glyph I loose either kill shot or explosive trap.

2. I never tested it myself, but I believe that chimera shots sting effect scales up with increased duration on serpent sting from glyph.

3. Thats what I don't understand. I don't need those extra few seconds for keeping serpent up on the main target, I usually get to do chimera shot and refresh it. If that is the case, is there any other reason for using it? I will never drop chimera and If i use that glyph I loose either kill shot or explosive trap.
    Your Chimera deals 40% of your Serpent Sting damage as a separate damage source. Increasing the serpent duration increases that damage.

4. Again, you will refresh serpent with chimera every 10 seconds or so, meaning not even the initial 15 secs will be used in most cases. The same serpent sting is being refreshed each 10 seconds or so. What is the benefit of having extra seconds on something that probably won't expire not even in a regular settings. I don't state anything but want to see If I'm missing something for scaling dmg as Agry said.

Chimera shot does 40% of the Seprent sting damage. But thats not clear explanation. So basically the question is, does chimera shot 40% does dmg that serpent sting did up to the point of chimera or does it do 40% of dmg that serpent sting can potentialy do in its full duration (15+6 sec).

Thanks for answering.

5. Again, you will refresh serpent with chimera every 10 seconds or so, meaning not even the initial 15 secs will be used in most cases. The same serpent sting is being refreshed each 10 seconds or so. What is the benefit of having extra seconds on something that probably won't expire not even in a regular settings. I don't state anything but want to see If I'm missing something for scaling dmg as Agry said.

Chimera shot does 40% of the Seprent sting damage. But thats not clear explanation. So basically the question is, does chimera shot 40% does dmg that serpent sting did up to the point of chimera or does it do 40% of dmg that serpent sting can potentialy do in its full duration (15+6 sec).

Thanks for answering.
    It's based on the full duration. So increasing the duration of your sting also increases this damage.

As an easy to understand example, let's say that your Serpent Sting deals 15k total damage in 15 seconds. Your ChimeraSS will deal 6k damage.
    Adding the glyph means your Serpent is now gonna do 21k total damage so your ChimeraSS will deal 8.4k damage.

Also as far as I know this damage isn't increased by snapshotting your sting. Not 100% sure on this one and it's pretty irrelevant to your question anyway.

6. It's based on the full duration. So increasing the duration of your sting also increases this damage.
    OP here, and either way this answer is irrelevant, but yes, I think the exact formula uses the number of maximum ticks to calculate, I think that even for a serpent sting damage that has not happened, it also still calculates the possibility of it having had been a crit as well if you're using T92P, this part I can-not confirm a 100% for sure, but I do think that would be the case. So even though it is probably the single most important glyph for a BIS hunter, at ToGC levels, it's value is even higher.

I loose either kill shot or explosive trap.
    At levels where top guilds perform, you might not be able to add an additional KS regardless of using the glyph or not, making its usage practically useless in some fights to totally unpredictable on others, while due to CS calculating the damage based on the full amount of ticks serpent stings would have granted, it makes it a guaranteed DPS increase over Glyph of KS, and again, regardless of even if you get one or even two extra kill shots.

Side-note regarding the guide: I recommend going for a different starting rotation --> Mark
    Well, back when I wrote this, xD, Xplosive trap used to be even more powerful than even CS in fights like RS or even DBS for instance. And we always had the lowest geared hunter glyph for Hunter's Mark and be talented for that as well. I don't have any of my hunter accounts anymore, so, I can't test, but your rotation may be better as well, yeah. Although do try experimenting with your lowest geared or just gearing hunter with the hunter's mark.

Off-topic: Please no more gsb haste cloak hunters. It's not bis, never will be. The extra stats from ilvl don't compensate for having a really bad stat that has a miserable EV value.
    Yeah, two years even after quitting the game, those memories still bring tears to my eyes every time I think of them. :P
    Edited: August 13, 2020

7. Very useful guide. I'd like to point out to anyone reading this guide that the BiS gemming section is slightly wrong. It says to use twelve +20 ARP gems but that would put you at 1443 in BiS gear. Just swap out any two of those ARP gems for +20 agility gems once you're BiS/exceeding ARP cap.

8. Hi all!

Any chanse old members can upload a working version of Sarandas spreadsheet? Possibly in the original .xls format?

it would be awesome!

Cheers

9. How good is https://www.wowhead.com/item=47267/deaths-head-crossbow compared to Rowan's ?

I just got it off the raid but the dps shown is lower.

10. How good is https://www.wowhead.com/item=47267/deaths-head-crossbow compared to Rowan's ?

I just got it off the raid but the dps shown is lower.
    Weapon DMG > DPS shown.

http://cata.cavernoftime.com/item=47267 vs http://cata.cavernoftime.com/item=50444

Not only is Death's Head Crossbow a lot stronger, it comes with much better stats as well.

11. Can you put your macro's in the guide?

12. Thanks for making such a helpful and in-depth guide!

Quick question. Does any1 have a tier list of best 2H weps for hunters? One similar to the trinket list or the ranged weapon list? Can't seem to find one online.

Thanks!

First ... 3456 Last